PDA

View Full Version : First time out.

Charlena
11-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Yesterday was my first time out in public (other than driving around). I drove my wife to her doctors appointment (everythings ok) walked in with her and then walked around inside the building, got a few smiles. I tried to remember what you all said and smiled back. We then went to Borders book store and everything went well. was in the book store maybe thirty minutes. I cant say honestly I was totally comfortable but for my first time out I think I did fairly well. I received only a couple looks one was a guy that kept smiling and slowly made his way closer, When he was about eight feet away his expression changed like OMG smiled again and turned around. I can handle that. Thank you all and this forum for giving me the courage to go out. But thanks the most to my beautiful spouse for being so supportive and in her words her best girlfriend. My wife and I were probadly the best dressed people in the store so that in itself draws attention. But I dont want to dress down, I was wearing the outfit below. I cant help it if I am an old hippie chick. Thank you all again. Charlena

Please ignore the greasy chainsaw oil jug on the table.

skirtsuit
11-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Great story, glad you had a good time.

Welcome to one of the most addicting things on earth - once you get more comfortable you'll want to do it all the time.

Walk Proud!

Ann / SS

PS - I got fully comfortable with going out once I realized that a 45 YO guy (me) is always going to look like a guy in a dress. Don't worry too much about passing and being read, because most of the women out there will read you immeadiately. If you dress nicely and fairly conservatively the men on the street will barely notice you all.

The most important thing is to have fun and be proud and confident. People definately respond to confidence; so smile, look people in the eye and speak up!