PDA

View Full Version : Veteran and active service CDs:

docrobbysherry
11-11-2009, 10:57 AM
:usa:Today is a day of remembrance here. To recall those who served, and those that DIDN'T make it back. :brokenheart:
And I KNOW we have a large number of vets here!

I wonder how many of u dressed when u were on active duty?:brolleyes:
How did u manage that?

I was in the Army during Viet Nam. That was WAY before I started dressing! But, what about u?

While at the SCC in Atlanta, the speaker asked all current service members and vets to stand up. Every single CD/TG at our table stood up!:usa:

ginat
11-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I used to wear a bra every day - except it was made from an ammo belt and a safety pin and contained 7 mags for my M-16.

My entire wardrobe consisted of 2 pairs of socks, 1 set of jungle fatigue pants/jacket, a tee shirt, a pair jungle boots, a jungle hat, a steel pot and the all-important, multi-purpose towel. No panties!

bobi jean
11-11-2009, 11:17 AM
VETERAN. USN '69 to '73. Viet Nam vet
nope did not dress all the while I was in the Navy. did for several years before and have been since...

Lorileah
11-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Didn't dress (74-78) I was too busy trying to get into the WAC's panties :o But it was the 70's and most what I wore off duty was androgynous anyway (like men's nylon panties when I wore underwear :D )

RADER
11-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Yes I was in Viet-Nam, 67 to 69. Spent 15 months over there. I was in the
Navy CB's kind of like beining a CD. We called ourselves Confused B------S.
That was a carry over from WW-2. My Dad was in the CB's also in WW-2.
And NO, I could not CD in the CB's
Proud to have worked for Uncle Sam. Rader :thumbsup:

Laura Evans
11-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Marine Corps 68-72, Vietnam 69. Never dressed then but prior and after lots, more so since retiring and finding a supportive SO.

Shari
11-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Marine Corps 67 to 69
Vietnam 68 and 69
No dressing while I served.
Been trying to make up for it ever since.

Kate Simmons
11-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Of course I did RS, both in the US and in Nam but according to security protocols, just how I did it is on a "need to know" basis.:battingeyelashes::)

Kathi Lake
11-11-2009, 01:00 PM
As a member of the armed forces since 1980, I've been to a lot of places, seen a lot of things, done a lot of stuff. Did I dress? Of course I did. It is central to my being. Denying even a small aspect of myself means denying myself. Of course, I have been very careful. It took 28 years before anyone actually called me out on it. Those that have read my physical exam stories remember how that went.

As I once said, I have dressed on every continent (I was underdressed as I flew over Antarctica in a military transport, so I think that counts :)) and on many trips - to friendly countries and those not so friendly. Why? I'm just me, I guess.

Kathi

Jaydee
11-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Ok, I'll admit that I underdressed while on active duty and in the Reserves. I was an officer and lived off base. When TDY I had a private room, so there were never any room inspections. I was always very careful, but a few times, on cold days, I did wear panties and pantyhose under my flight suit, more often than not on "office" only days.

Jaydee
USAF and USAFR ret.

JulieC
11-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Served eight years in total, navy. Never once crossdressed while on duty. Not something I ever wanted to risk.

CherylFlint
11-11-2009, 01:21 PM
NAVY 63-69 Vietnam in 65. Never dressed while in the service so I'm making up for lost time.

Alicia_lynn419
11-11-2009, 01:25 PM
I just want to thank each and every one of you who served this country, to protect our freedoms and do good for the world. There are some who never give this a 2nd thought, but every day when I look at the flag flying from my front porch, I am grateful for all you do, and have done.

God Bless you all - and thank you from a grateful counrtyman/woman.

terry29
11-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Never underdressed, but off duty,... off post (in the privacy of my own home, or a close friend's) yes, always have, always will :)

Mary Morgan
11-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Army Infantry 69-71. Yes.

Keely
11-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Air Force 70-74. Thailand 72-73.
Only on leave.

sissystephanie
11-11-2009, 02:56 PM
U.S. Navy 1951 to 1955 Korea. Wore panties whenever I could, although never aboard ship. Also did dress fully enfemme sometimes when on leave. Thanks, Alicia. It was an honor to serve my country!

Persephone
11-11-2009, 03:10 PM
I never did serve in the military, but I want to offer a huge THANK YOU to those who did, and those who do. Each and every one of you is the reason that we live in a "land of the free and home of the brave."

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :love:

Hugs,
Persephone.

JoanneB
11-11-2009, 03:31 PM
During the time I was in the Navy, there was no way to dress while on a base. And never while aboard ship. When I had weekends off and was in the US, I would go to a motel and dress there. Just couldn't do it while on those 6 month cruises to the other side of the Atlantic. Of course,I had a panty in my locker, but it belonged to my girlfriend. Some other guys had panties as well. I assume they belonged to thier SOs.
Thank you all of those that served. And we vets appreciate those that thank us very much.

Joanne

ginafaye
11-11-2009, 03:36 PM
army........71.....74 can anyone say huey please

barbie lanai
11-11-2009, 03:37 PM
USN 63-67 Viet Nam vet as well.

Never on the ship, but once I got my own car and with weekend liberty, would check into a hotel or motel and dress up with the blinds closed. Kept some items in the trunk of the car. But car trunks were subject to surprise checks at the gate, so tended not to keep things there often.

Never had much in femme clothes at the time and with no safe place to keep them, so almost had to purge on a weekly basis.

The last several months in the Navy, I rented a studio apartment in San Diego, so I had a place to keep things and could change nearly every night at the apartment. The apartment was four floors up, so felt I could keep the blinds open. Still not much, but had a pink slip, black pumps, green dress, white bra & panties, pantyhose. No purse, jewelry, or make-up, or even a girl's name back then.

A shipmate once came to visit without warning, and I think he looked through the keyhole (skeleton key door, not a modern apartment) and spotted me dressed. He never mentioned it, but his attitude changed afterwards. It was only weeks before my leaving the Navy. I later blocked the view through the keyhole, but it was too late at that point.

KandisTX
11-11-2009, 04:30 PM
United States Air Force, February 1988 - July 1991. Operation Desert Storm.

Underdressed most of the time even after my first wife told my first shirt about my dressing and I spent a wonderful day under interrogation by the USAFOSI.

Kandis:love::rose2:

Kimberly Alice
11-11-2009, 04:39 PM
USAF 1974 -1979. Bomb Loader
Any fighter aircraft without bombs or missiles is just another unscheduled airline!

Kimberly

vivian fair
11-11-2009, 05:40 PM
24 years service and I dressed often after boot. Married the entire time, very careful most of the time. Even tried on a tailor made dress on CVA-64, in the chiefs quarters!Often wore panties to work under the "form" while on shore duty. Also under the flight suit. An AE. Vivian:love:

cdinmd206
11-11-2009, 06:06 PM
US Army 71 to 74. I was stationed in Germany and a few times I wore garter belt, stockings, and panties under fatigues. Lived off base with my wife but never dressed at home. She had no idea I loved wearing lingerie. She loved going out to German clubs wearing very short skirts with stockings and garters.

Emily_lngstn
11-11-2009, 06:26 PM
US Army 96-05 did 2 tours in Iraq. Never really CD'd while I was in the military other than a few halloweens. I always had bunk mates in the barracks.

Sally24
11-11-2009, 07:12 PM
US Navy 83-89. Spent two Med cruises onboard an old WWII Aircraft Carrier making sure my planes could drop "greetings" on Libya.

Never dressed on duty, rarely at home. Those days are long gone now!!!:devil:

Kinky with Ink
11-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Hmm been in the Army since 2002. For the first 6 years I didn't dress at all as I was too scared of getting caught. Spent 1 tour in Iraq and obviously stationed in Japan atm. 3 more years to go then I'm out though. Tired of the military's crap.

As far as how I hide it....very carefully. Guess it's helpful that I'm higher up in the ranks so nobody really messes with me now.

Butterfly Bill
11-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Navy, 1965-1969

I had off base apartments in Japan and Okinawa, and in Naha there was a district of little shops where there was all kinds of yummy stuff for cheap.

Tess
11-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Air Force, 1962 to 66, mostly in West Germany and France. Barracks life was to communal for dressing.

Teri Jean
11-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Navy from 67-71 with two deployments to Vietnam. The answer is no I did not CD and as Shari said I'm making up lost time. To all Vets, thank you for your service.

Teri

sherri52
11-11-2009, 08:23 PM
I didn't underdress to much in the service especially in Nam. I did get my chances though. I dressed as a nurse for a show, and I had my own satin outfit that I wore to bed when back on base. In the field I only wore my Backback.

JulieK1980
11-11-2009, 08:39 PM
I served in the Navy as a Corpsman from '02 through '08 and I often dressed and occasionally went out while on shore, but never any dressing while deployed...

Denise Somers
11-11-2009, 08:50 PM
US Navy 1980-85, Beirut 1983. Had some heels in Spain for wear in the house. Wore panties and hose under my uniform from time to time. Only dressed en femme while on leave in the US or Canada. Enjoy the full range of women's clothes now.

Heather J
11-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Airforce late 70's 9th Strat Recon Wing Ground Crew SR-71's. Dressed before and after but not while I was in.

AmandaM
11-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Late 1970's, USMC 0311 Rifleman. Dressed before and after, and off base. Bought some clothes at times at the base. Usually, the girls who worked there would help me pick out stuff for my "girlfriend".

cdmindymi
11-11-2009, 10:25 PM
71 to 79 Navy. never dressed while on sea duty. Underdressed some while on shore duty. Navy or wife (ex wife now) never found out.

Susan.
11-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Marines Corps (early to mid 70s) - never dressed during those 4 years.

PretzelGirl
11-11-2009, 10:57 PM
20 years in the Army which was basically my dead zone for dressing. Tried it some before going in and did not much of anything during my stay in. It came back to life after retirement. Not bad timing I guess.

Lisa Renee
11-11-2009, 11:31 PM
US Navy 70-74. No didn't dress while in the service didn't have the time or need.

SuzanneBender
11-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Sherry I was at your table when we all stood at SCC. It was a moment that I will remember for the rest of my life. I have been serving since 1984. 10 years active and 14 in the National Guard. I have served in the Gulf war, two rotations to the Balkans, Iraq and soon Afghanistan and no matter where I am I can still find some small way to express my feminity. Both are a part of who I am.

Thanks to all of the Veterans out there.

SarahLynn
11-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Some underdressing while in the service, never more than panties and pantyhose but that was more to keep my legs warm while riding my motercycle in the winter. Panties just felt better than whitey tightes. but i mostly wore them ( w't's ) and panty hose. Wasen't until i retired that i got more clothes. Still underdress more than totaly fem.

SarahLynn

StaceyJane
11-11-2009, 11:56 PM
I never underdressed while on duty. I did buy a skirt in Korea and wore it in my hotel room while TDY. After I got married I started to wear my wife's clothes but only while hom alone.
Did get a chance to dress while I was in Iraq.

TGgwen
11-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Air froce oct 99-nov 09
Iraq a few times, afganastan and south america
I dressed on and off at home. excluding the halloweens lol.

Jan Michell Collins
11-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks to all who have served. Thanks to all who are serving now. Thanks to all who will serve.

Terri Andrews
11-12-2009, 01:46 AM
USN 1964-1968 Viet Nam twice ,never dressed ,but spent a lot of time thinking about it

catriona36
11-12-2009, 04:53 AM
i have never served but thank all those that do and have.. i have lost friends and family alike.

that said.. looking at the dates and places, i cant help but think.. how many have served with people that now crossdress from the same unit (at the time)
maybe under all the make up in the pics you just dont notice each other lol

If i was in charge i would want my trops to be open about it. after all it is one way "they"used to turn spy's in the past. if you open you can be put under preasurre. look at philby lol
BUt yeah. i do thank all those who have served past, presant and future..:love:
:drink::aus::canada::nz::usa::ire::wales::sg:

kellylynn_31
11-12-2009, 05:02 AM
24 years US Navy. Dressed as often as i could, which was not very

rebeca_abigail30
11-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Currently serving. Did 4 yrs Navy prior to reenlisting in another branch. 6 more years until Retirement. Every now and then would CD onboard ship, but not too much. DW won't let me go out dressed, so I have to CD at home after she and the kids go to sleep.

Kathleen Anne
11-12-2009, 09:38 PM
navy 74-80 , not on board ..if you think it's hard to hide stuff at home try on a submarine !

drushin703
11-13-2009, 08:45 AM
us navy, 1972 to 1978.....I have notice quite a few navy men here and
I dont quite understand why.I never dressed while deployed at sea but
never really had a chance to.but first discovered the joys of pantyhose
at the naval communications station in Keflevic Iceland.the women at the
local px thought it kind of strange that i would make a pantyhose purchase
at least once a week.........fond memories and was such fun...dana.

dennisGTS
11-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Veteran of OIF I in '03 (did not get the chance to CD at all).

Veteran of OEF (Southern Afghanistan) in '06 (wore male-looking panties through out the deployment, closest thing to CDing I could manage).

Veteran of OIF 09-11 in '08 (also wore male-looking panties through out my short 3 month deployment - had to go home for the remainder of the deployment for carpal tunnel [right hand] and neck [cervical fusion] surgery).

And will most likely be a Veteran of OEF at the finish of 2011. (will probably bring the same male-looking panties to this deployment too)

kelliboots
11-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Veteran of the Marine Corps. I never really had the courage to underdress, discovery would have been disaster. I did under dress in civilian attire though...does that count?

Jaclyn NM
11-13-2009, 04:46 PM
US Air Force from 68 to 72, Viet Nam from 70 to 71, and yes I did at least partially cross dress during my service, except when I was in Nam. I have been wearing at least some female clothing since I started at about age five.

KylieQ
11-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Never when I was aboard the ship...too many ways to get caught. But when we were in port I had my own place and complete freedom, and you'd better believe I took advantage of it!

VtVicky
11-14-2009, 10:48 PM
22 years USAF Nothing until I got married and moved out of the baracks. After that. panties about 80% of the time. After retirement, panties 100%, and other lingerie as the weather permits. Bra straps don't show up very well under sweaters and parkas. ;-)

Does any one else feel uncomfortable when they are thanked for their service. I never know what to say. "Your welcome" seems odd. Let's face it, those from the Viet Nam era are just happy not to get spit at.

JulieK1980
11-14-2009, 10:54 PM
22 years USAF Nothing until I got married and moved out of the baracks. After that. panties about 80% of the time. After retirement, panties 100%, and other lingerie as the weather permits. Bra straps don't show up very well under sweaters and parkas. ;-)

Does any one else feel uncomfortable when they are thanked for their service. I never know what to say. "Your welcome" seems odd. Let's face it, those from the Viet Nam era are just happy not to get spit at.

I'm glad somebody pointed that out! I HATE having people say "thank you for your service" I tend to just smile and nod... your welcome, just doesn't sound right...

Crystal Rose
11-14-2009, 11:57 PM
I always have wanted to say , and have told many I'm a veteran but those that fought WWII, Korea and Vietnam deserve the credit and not me. Many of you here have fought these wars and you have my respect. Things today are very different. I also have wanted to tell people that say thanks just to show thanks by voting. I care less about the political opinions but if they vote they are making use of all of our sacrifices.

Been on duty since 1997 and I have one Iraq tour that i did wear pantyhose underneath uniform and still do so quite a bit.

allisonrn06
11-15-2009, 08:47 AM
I wore pantyhose on an occasion or two while in the army, kinda hard to get away with when you live in the barrracks. Didn't really get into dressing fully fem until after I got out.

Jilmac
11-15-2009, 09:08 AM
During my navy hitch '63-'67 many of the sailors kept souveniers of their conquests (panties) in their lockers, sort of like bragging rights. I had several in my locker as well, but mine weren't for bragging, I would wear mine whenever an opportunity arose, under my navy issue uniform.

Josephine 1941
11-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Hi Sherry, I guess I am the old timer here 58 to 62 in nam in 59 UDT got hole in my butt and cuts all over my body 10 went in three got out. Yep never went there 7 NO COUNT. Got a nice safe job when I got out Power line man we wore pantie hose every winter, wicked the moister away from your skin on those cold days when u were 45 up a pole and it was below -0 Love the feeling Dressed before I went in though some thing was wrong with me, guess I was looking for my man hood. Never whlie in but started after i got out . 50 years later with a great GG and loves me more as a women then a man and having a he$$ of a time. JO

Tess
11-15-2009, 01:01 PM

Yeah...I served in an era when most males had to serve. Many of us volunteers joined our service branch of preference rather than risk being drafted into the Army. For me it was a great 4 years of adventure and travel that led to a career in civilian life. I'm the one who should be saying thank you for the push into one of the best times of my life.

raven
11-15-2009, 08:29 PM
air force 1965 to 1969 vietnam 1967
air national guard 1980 to 1996

Kathi Lake
11-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Does any one else feel uncomfortable when they are thanked for their service. I never know what to say.

I'm glad somebody pointed that out! I HATE having people say "thank you for your service" I tend to just smile and nod... you're welcome, just doesn't sound right...

That's pretty much where I'm coming from. I want to be polite as I'm sure the sentiment from them was genuine, but I feel I'm nothing special. My son saw my ribbon rack on my dress uniform once (there's kinda a lot :o) and blurted out, "Wow! What are all these medals for, dad?" I told him that most of them were for being in the wrong place at the right time. I told him that I wasn't any more special than countless others serving their country. I hope he understands it one day.

Do I serve for thanks? No. I serve for love of those near me, and those I don't know. I serve for duty - to this country and to its ideals and principles. Mainly, I serve to make this world a better place in my very small way.

So, if I failed to acknowledge your thanks in this post and others, please put it down to a personality quirk of mine, and not a slight of you. Know that I - and most other veterans I know - do accept your thanks, but do not seek them. Serving in silence is just what we do.

Kathi

docrobbysherry
11-15-2009, 08:45 PM
I always have wanted to say , and have told many I'm a veteran but those that fought WWII, Korea and Vietnam deserve the credit and not me. Many of you here have fought these wars and you have my respect. Things today are very different.

My father used to say, " WWII was the last GOOD war"!:eek:
Maybe, because he survived it?

Let's face it, those from the Viet Nam era are just happy not to get spit at.

I expect getting drafted during the "Nam Conflict", changed me from a spitter to a spittee!:brolleyes:

Hi Sherry, I guess I am the old timer here 58 to 62 in nam in 59 UDT got hole in my butt and cuts all over my body 10 went in three got out. Yep never went there 7 NO COUNT. Got a nice safe job when I got out Power line man we wore pantie hose every winter, wicked the moister away from your skin on those cold days when u were 45 up a pole and it was below -0 Love the feeling Dressed before I went in though some thing was wrong with me, guess I was looking for my man hood. Never whlie in but started after i got out . 50 years later with a great GG and loves me more as a women then a man and having a he$$ of a time. JO

God bless u, Jo! :thumbsup:
Sounds like you've lived one heck of a life!:)
I'd like to meet u, and hear more about it over a drink sometime!:drink:

( Yeah, you're even OLDER than ME!:devil:)

Josephine 1941
11-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Hi Sherry, I'd like nothing better then too have a drink with you, if you are ever coming to our area ,West coast of Flordia let me know and if I ever have to go out to Cal. I will let u know. I was only there 3 days felt like a life time, grew up a lot. Small thing I am a 25 yr suriver of kidney cancer , P C B 's from being a lineman. Best thing Doc told me to drink beer and wine. Guess he was right still here. :drink: :drink: :drink: :brolleyes: JO

Kitty Sue
11-15-2009, 11:43 PM
2 years navy. 16 years army as a forward observer and a paratrooper. Yes I dressed at times,but so far not in uniform. Usually dress after duty hours.

Kitty Sue
11-15-2009, 11:46 PM
That's pretty much where I'm coming from. I want to be polite as I'm sure the sentiment from them was genuine, but I feel I'm nothing special. My son saw my ribbon rack on my dress uniform once (there's kinda a lot :o) and blurted out, "Wow! What are all these medals for, dad?" I told him that most of them were for being in the wrong place at the right time. I told him that I wasn't any more special than countless others serving their country. I hope he understands it one day.

Do I serve for thanks? No. I serve for love of those near me, and those I don't know. I serve for duty - to this country and to its ideals and principles. Mainly, I serve to make this world a better place in my very small way.

So, if I failed to acknowledge your thanks in this post and others, please put it down to a personality quirk of mine, and not a slight of you. Know that I - and most other veterans I know - do accept your thanks, but do not seek them. Serving in silence is just what we do.

Kathi

Well put. I too feel awkward when people say to me"thanks for your service." I feel serving is an honor. Still I always try to say thanks, as people seem to feel good about it.