PDA

View Full Version : A day off

Claire Cook
11-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Remembrance Day is a holiday for those of us who work for Uncle Sam, so with the wife away and housework (and shopping!) to be done, I'm dressed for the day. Took a couple of breaks to go shopping and then run some errands. Went to the mall, checked out the Macy's sales and found a great pair of Pappagallo jeans that really fit. (A small yet -- they must run big!) I tried on both the small and medium, and the small worked. First of two lessons for the day: always wear a front button blouse when trying on clothes there. Reason: the doors to the stalls are only about 5' high -- thus wig removal becomes a question! I had to chuckle as I left the ladies' fitting room -- the sign said "This area patrolled by security personnel of your gender." :heehee: I've attached a photo of the jeans -- which I wore for outing #2.

Had to try out the new jeans, so next on to errands. First stop was the dry cleaners. told the girl behind the counter that I had a problem with a blouse -- it has a tie around the waist that came mostly out of the seam where it belonged. "Oh that's an easy fix". She attached a safety pin to it and then fed it through the seam. Things my mother never taught me! Then again, she never met the daughter who would have loved to learn such things.

So it's a great day and I'll end with an observation. I am SO relaxed and nautral now when I'm out, that I really start to notice others more -- particularly other women. I smile at all of them -- something I'd rarely do in drab. I noticed several picking up on my boobs (they aren't that big -- maybe 36B) -- maybe they were shaped wrong? Has anyone one had that experience?

Anyway -- hope you've enjoyed this and are also having a wonderful day.

Claire

ShannonDragon
11-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Also had the day to myself. My biggest adventure was going to the post office and checking the boxes. For being closed there were a lot of folks going in and out.

I had on a dress but no one paid attention.