PDA

View Full Version : Best type of first outing

Sara.B
11-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Me and my cd hubby have been talking about an outing with him enfem. I worried about him being discovered and something bad happening to him while were out.

what are a few low risk outing idea's that we can do for the first time where he will most likely feel comfertable being out but still have minamil chance of conflict from the public.

for now were assumming clubs to be out,as he is worried he may run into people we know

AllieSF
11-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Not knowing where you live, leads to generalized answers. I live near a big and very LBTG city, so, you could go most places downtown and not really have a problem except for ones own personal confidence and courage. That being said, look for a local gay/lesbian bar, check out their website if you can find it, drive by it to see what type of neighborhood it is in and then if you feel confident enough give it a try with a back-up Plan B in your pocket. If a daytime outing is feasible, then go to a museum, art, railroad, whatever. People will notice but will be polite and generally ignore you after the novelty of seeing a man dressed as a woman wears off. Go to a park and just walk around even if people are there. You can keep a distance normally and actually walking directly by someone will be good practice when in town. You can also go to a tourist place, park, scenic overlook, famous bridge, etc. On the way home go through a fast food drive though to complete the experience and build up that much needed confidence, which grows with each experience. I would only say that it would be good to dress appropriately for the venue. Casual for a park, better dreessed, but not fancy for a museum, and even better for a restaurant or something special. The main thing is to get out and experience the fear and thrill. For me the thrill won big time.

Sara.B
11-11-2009, 06:06 PM
I guess i should of metioned the area. I never thought about a park or musem them are good idea's. arent gay/lesbian bars for gay's and lesbians only though? them are great idea's ill bring them up when we next discuss an outing. if it help's i live mid west IL,i dont want to say the town at the moument but it's more farm land and highway then anything

cdinmd206
11-11-2009, 06:12 PM
If you can find a drag bar away from where you live then, I would suggest going out to a drag bar. My first ever outing completely dressed was to a drag bar in DC called Ziegfelds. OMG what a good time the wife and I had.

AmberLynn
11-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Hmm I would think a drive thru the country might be nice then if it's farm land and highway,or chirstmas coming go look at light's. If social setting's and people with little need for talking is the idea,i would try a movie at night showing's :daydreaming: Im not sure cause i have not been "out" i think a drive would be an easy one and the drive thru might be a nice courge builder

Sally2005
11-11-2009, 07:00 PM
The worst thing that probably would happen is a bruised ego. Just be prepared to be discovered and assuming you will be might help you to prepare. If you can use some humor and just be polite no matter what anyone says he should be okay. If he is passable then almost anywhere is fine, but it also takes a lot of practice to move and act the part. The easiest is to have a goal in mind and just focus on that. Easy first ones are instant teller, fill up car with gas, walk in the park etc. Harder ones involve more interaction with other people.

Princess Chantal
11-11-2009, 07:48 PM
How about going for a manicure and pedicure together at a spa or beauty salon on the "other side of town"/neighbouring town

sherri52
11-11-2009, 08:35 PM
The gay bars are for everyone to enjoy. Take the husband and dance. Away from home will be best for him

renee k
11-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Shopping, dining, movies, or out to TG friendly watering hole are my votes!

Huggs, Renee

EveMarie
11-11-2009, 08:42 PM
The gay bars are for everyone to enjoy. Take the husband and dance. Away from home will be best for him

As long as he remembers not to lead!

I have a place where I'm at that is known to "cater" to CD's gay, lesbian, and whatever else comes through the door. I have no fear of running into someone I know because if i did:heehee: They'd have an awful lot of explaining to do:daydreaming:

My first real outing in public thoiugh was with a GG friend that took me to one of the local malls (at an off hour) to shop for shoes, what a time that was:D

carolyn todd
11-12-2009, 04:51 AM
sara
why does it have to be a bar why not a walk around the block
or a walk down the main part town about half hour away from home
where no one knows you both, you could window shop, talk about things
in the window as you will both be nervous and worry you will see someone
you know and the possibility of that is 1 in 1,000,000,000 but it will
be there, maybe after two or three outings it will get better.
sara its the get out the front door that is the hardest thing to do i was
for me 1. 1/2 hours to get out my front door at night opened the door
six or seven times check and recheck finely got out for a walk around the
block once i done that i went go around a bigger one then a little bit more
when i got back in doors i want to go out again and that was in the
daytime with a female friend away from home ground.

good luck to both of you lets us know how you both got on

carolyn xx