PDA

View Full Version : Are you wearing night cream?

Karren H
11-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Last week the wife and I were out shopping and I said I needed something more than the Garnier anti-aging lotion I wear every day... To fight my wrinkles.... And we go down the lotion isle and she helps me pick out something ti wear at night... And I've been wearing at every evening but last night I must have put a lot on because when I crawled into bed she looks at me and says "Are you wearing night cream?". I cringed and replied... Yeah!! (Note I didn't lie!! :D ).... And she says "Wheww. Sure smells like night cream"

I was shocked... I expected something like "that's too girly.. Throw it in the trash and get an unscented one". She has been getting on me about my nails lately... "You look like a girl". So I expected her to continue with her anti-feminine hard line approach.. But she didn't.

And I'm not expecting a miraculous turn around here but it got me extrapolating in my mind.... "Is that a bra your wearing? Wheww.. Sure looks like a bra". "Is that makeup your wearing?... Whewww.. Sure looks like makeup".

Yeah right...

So she doesn't mind me wearing fem smelling creams any more and she doesn't mind me coloring my hair and eye brows because she was part of the process and/or it was her idea.. Now I need to figure out how to get her to tell me I need a sex change..... Lol.

SuzanneBender
11-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Karren you started my day with a giggle. When you figure out how to get her to tell you you need GRS let me know.

I do wear night cream and my side of the sink looks like Loreal and Ganier are having a garage sale. Its hard to be a beautiful girl, but its even harder as a middle aged male.

Sounds like she is a lot like my wife and she realizes that one of the benefits of having hubbys like us is that grooming and maintaining our looks is important.

Tomara
11-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Yes Karren you always bring a smile to my face as well.
(thanks)

Yes I do use a moisturizer at night more for dryness than to fight laugh lines.

Maybe you could hypnotize your wife to get her to say the things you would like her to , hey it's worth a try , your getting sleepy......very sleepy !

Good luck with that !

:)Tomara

Blaire
11-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Day and night, every time. the night cream doesn't have the nicest smell, and it's noticed when I over do it. I get the proverbial :brolleyes:

Today my wife and I were talking about coffee, and I mentioned that instead of our usual mix, I should get some fudge or something. I never do, as she's allergic to many things - including chocolate and its siblings, and we'd probably get our cups mixed up.

She says, "Nahhh, yours is the one with the lipstick.".

:eek: Say what?

Teri Jean
11-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Karren you are the source of so many laughs and it amazes me that you have been so successful. Now to the issue of night cream, yes and in fact a few of the ggfs I know have made sure that they got me their favs. So now I can change from three different scents. It must help because another ggf said to me that she really hates me because my complexion is much better than hers. Thanks for your humor and honest perspective.

Huggs Teri

suchacutie
11-12-2009, 10:55 AM
My wife introduced me to facials a few years back. Besides the incredible experience of being pampered during a parisianne peel (this is at the office of a plastic surgeon who does the laser treatments and all the rest) I was asked what I used to cleanse my face. I looked at her like she had 2 heads and replied, "I'm a guy! I use soap".

Well, she was horrified and now my sink looks like my wife's (maybe worse!) so it's twice a day with toner, stuff for the dark rings under my eyes (it does work!), moisturizer, and moisturizer with sun block. I added some hand lotion that I really like and my wife commented on how much better my hands look!

In all honesty, this is one of the things I think is so positive about having an active feminine side: I take better care of my body. I like it, my wife likes it, and even my physician noticed how much better my health is in general!

I love it!

tina

Stephenie S
11-12-2009, 11:04 AM
I so agree.

Facial scrub in the morning, moisturizer (SPF 15), and then facial scrub at bed time with a good anti-aging night cream. Every day without fail. When I know I will be outside I use SPF 30 moisturizer.

Does all this stuff work? Better than genetics? I dunno. But my STBX (who uses none of this stuff) is way more wrinkled than I am.

I ain't wrinkled at bit, actually.

Lovies, Stephenie

geri-tg.
11-12-2009, 11:14 AM
You always make me smile. Love your pictures. Very sexy.:thumbsup:

SherriePall
11-12-2009, 05:39 PM
I have moisturizers, special eye cream, special lotions for the lips, special cleanser for the face, body lotion, body cleanser, toner, etc. My wife has a moisturizer.
However, I must say that all my stuff still hasn't made me prettier than my wife. She had a headstart on me.

AmandaM
11-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Now I need to figure out how to get her to tell me I need a sex change..... Lol.

Be careful what you wish for! :tongueout

StephanieC
11-12-2009, 09:49 PM
I use a facial scrub, night cream, and day cream. I don't currently use eye creams though I do have some small samples.

Sally2005
11-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Karen, Have you ever seen the TV show 'Corner Gas'? Your stories sometimes remind me of how Oscar and Emma interact. If you haven't seen it, Oscar is always trying socially unusual things and his wife tells him he is crazy, but they manage to co-exist.

sherri52
11-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Talk about having your cake and eat it too. Now you want pie LOL

2B Natasha
11-12-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm an "Origins" girl myself

Funny you should mention this topic today of all days. I was just looking at my face close up in the mirror today and I could actually see that the treatment laid out below has visible reduced the eye wrinkles, puffy eye's and the concern creases on my forehead by about 75% from where they where only 6 months ago. I wonder what would happen now if I stopped using the products below? I don't think I will find out anytime soon thought.

"Checks and balances" frothy facial wash day and night
"Have a nice day daily" moisturizer for the day
"Dr. Weil Night Health bedtime" face cream, at night
"Eye doctor" both morning and night
Then I use "Modern friction" gentle dermabrassion every other day or so either in the morning or at night

tamarav
11-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Absolutely Karren old friend! Have been for the past 30 years and hope to go on for the next 30.

Moisturize, use night cream, stay totally out of the sun, and never smile and you won't get any wrinkles. My problem is that I am smiling like an idiot all the time. When people ask my why, I just smile at them....

Stephanie Stephens
11-13-2009, 08:36 AM
You are funny Karren. Whats next? Is that a set of boobs you are growing? Wheww.. Sure looks like a set of boobs.

Tora
11-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Steph is right, the bride will want to borrow your cones of developement. Karren, make the next one like a dairy farmers milking machine, four nipples at once. That way you won't be hoggin it by yourself.