PDA

View Full Version : Photo ID in Wisconsin

JeneeDavis
11-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Anyone know whether or not it is legal to get a State Photo ID as your fem self in Wisconsin? This would be in addition to (seperate from) your driver's license.
I am thinking about it and want to know the law before I push ahead.
Thanks!
Jen

Karren H
11-12-2009, 03:32 PM
I know a number of states will let you do that but I've never heard on anyone from WI getting one... Maybe it doesn't mater as long as you are wearing green and gold? Or a cheese head hat... Ohh yeah.. My wife is from Manitowoc and a Packer fan and I am the proud owner of a cheese head hat... Pass the brattwurst please.. Lol.

Call the local drivers license center..

Ugly Michele
11-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Some states won't let you have both, Ohio doesn't.

AmberLynn
11-12-2009, 03:47 PM
same here in IL,you can have your driver pic takin in fem with it listed as male gender and all your other stat's but you cant have 2 seprate id's. I dont know this first hand,this was listed info from a story about a gay bar banning cd's from there bar with out a fem photo id issued buy the state in chicogo

suchacutie
11-12-2009, 03:53 PM
So if you have a residence in two states can one get a driver's license in one and an ID in another?

tina

AmberLynn
11-12-2009, 04:16 PM
thats a good idea,unfournatly all the dmv's are connected to one another and when you go from one state to another they have you on file and you have to turn in your other id for the new one. had the same idea living so close to iowa

5150 Girl
11-12-2009, 06:54 PM
I heard at one time somone was experimenting with a TG - ID
It had your fem name in big bold letterd,a nd your drab name in smaller print underneeth

vikki2020
11-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Easy enough to find out-- call the secretary of states' office!

Shannen
11-13-2009, 01:53 AM
Pass the brattwurst please..

It's "Throw me a bratt". None of this wurst and please business... :D

I would sure like to know the answer to this question also.

KELLYANN
11-13-2009, 02:50 AM
HI GIRLS. far as i know, anyone can be issued a state I.D. with the proper documentation. (illinois) ex. drivers lic., birth cert. ss# etc. i know that many wouldn't dream of going to the DMV dressed in femme, but you can! your new ID may well state that you are male, but there is no law against how a person appears. so ladies, put on your favorite outfit and smile. get that photo id in your best you! a few so many yrs. ago, a state id costs 4.00$ knowing illinois prob 40.00 now. P.S. this may satisfy 'HUNTERS" but not sure to go again, where i'm not wanted :2c:

CrossdressinGoth
11-13-2009, 12:16 PM
To my understanding of the law on this in wisconsin is you can not have more then one form of id

Karren H
11-13-2009, 01:05 PM
It's "Throw me a bratt". None of this wurst and please business... :D

I would sure like to know the answer to this question also.

Were civilized... The nation wide Johnsonville effect. Not as good as the home made ones from the meat market in Stangleville mind you... And I have never found a good source of cheese curds here.. Sigh.

JeneeDavis
11-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Hey,
Thanks for everyone's input! I finally spent some time researching and did find out that you can only have an ID card OR a DL in Wisconsin NOT both (as someone stated before!)
Also, after I thought about it... I don't think my "better half" would like me doing this anyway!
Anywho.... now if anyone else asks they will have an answer!
Thanks again everyone!
Hugs, :hugs:
Jen :battingeyelashes:

5150 Girl
11-16-2009, 04:49 PM
I heard at one time somone was experimenting with a TG - ID
It had your fem name in big bold letterd,a nd your drab name in smaller print underneeth

Can any one expand on this?

BarbraAnne
11-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Here is a sample of an CD ID card
http://heathercd.org/wiki/doku.php?id=tgid

sherri52
11-16-2009, 09:26 PM
It's illeagal to get multible ID's. You are stuck with one or the other. You can dress and have your ID taken but you may wish you didn't.

Denise Somers
11-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Jen,

I live in Wisconsin and I don't know what the policy is on that. Have you considered using the ID service offered at the Transformations store in Arlington Heights? I believe you could get a Wisconsin ID as a girl if your driver license is in another state, you just can't have two valid driver licenses from two different states. I live very close to the Kenosha DMV and should stop in and ask this question or call some of my contacts in Madison.
Denise S.

5150 Girl
01-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Here is a sample of an CD ID card
http://heathercd.org/wiki/doku.php?id=tgid

I just tyed to re-visit this link, and I can;t get it to work now :sad:

Loni
01-17-2010, 01:25 AM
there are some states were one can get a seasonal id card.
listed on the face as such, but you must own prop in your second state. as per fed law you are a resident of what ever state you are in at that time.

some other states have a problem with this...they do not want to loose taxes.

what about the "blackmarket" illagles get them there all the time??:eek:

:2c:

Kerigirl2009
01-17-2010, 01:37 AM
I believe it is illegal to have two forms of legal ID cards.

Hope
01-17-2010, 02:14 AM
same here in IL,you can have your driver pic takin in fem with it listed as male gender and all your other stat's but you cant have 2 seprate id's. I dont know this first hand,this was listed info from a story about a gay bar banning cd's from there bar with out a fem photo id issued buy the state in chicogo

Maybe I am confused by your statement, but I believe you are absolutely incorrect. And I know this, because my wife has 2 IL state IDs, her drivers license, and a state ID card. You cannot have 2 drivers licenses... but 2 ID's is definitely kosher.