PDA

View Full Version : Who For ?

Rebecca Jayne
11-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Who are you looking to be beautiful for?

The face in the mirror?

Those eyes you hide behind?

Some unknown?

Maybe your Wife, Girlfriend, Boyfriend, SO?

No One?

A Stranger down the road?

Me, I look pretty just for myself everyday all the time everytime. Just me myself I.
I know its a little lonely and self centered but thats the way it is, here and now.

Kathi Lake
11-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Me, me and me!

I'm not looking to impress anyone. I'm not dressing for anyone. I have a blast doing this. If anyone else is amused or delighted by my antics, well then, we both win!

Kathi

lilmissjenny
11-12-2009, 07:22 PM
i dress for myself. ive got no one else to dress for :sad:

Rianna Humble
11-12-2009, 07:26 PM
I dress for myself. Ive got no one else to dress for :sad:

I'm in the same boat, but it's nice getting complements when I go out - even though I've got no chance of passing. Today, a GG said she admired me for having the courage to go out dressed and that made my day:o

Faith_G
11-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Am I really that self-centered? I guess so, I do it all for me. :o

Samantha Girl
11-12-2009, 07:41 PM
I do it for me, makes me feel sexy and awesome! ;)

Ashley_in_Texas
11-12-2009, 07:42 PM
I try to look pretty for myself only. I try to look handsome for my wife. She loves me either way.

Marcia Blue
11-12-2009, 07:43 PM
I too, really only dress for myself. I am not sure it would be any fun if, I was trying to please others. I believe in doing your own thing. I am hurting no one else, so what is the harm?

AmberLynn
11-12-2009, 07:50 PM
I concure,i dress for my self. anyone eles that enjoy's it is just a bounce :hugs:

xdbiker
11-12-2009, 08:27 PM
I dress for my self and i feel its is another part of me Jerzie

sherri
11-12-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm not looking to be beautiful cuz I know that aint' gonna happen. But I do try to be as attractive as I can --

For myself, yup. To feel good about myself, and to enjoy the experience more.
To make a good impression on people around me when I'm out.
To make it easier on the people I hang out with.
For Mr. or Ms. Right, on the off chance I might actually bump into him/her some day.

Dragster
11-12-2009, 08:41 PM
I want to look like the sort of girl I would take a second and a third look at, and since I don't go out or dress in front of anyone else, it's for ME ME ME!

Tony

Kari Lynn Franks
I try to look pretty for myself only. I try to look handsome for my wife. She loves me either way.

i feel the same way I dont dress for anyone else it just makes me feel complete

suchacutie
I don't want to be beautiful. OKOK I don't want to be considered a troll either, but what I want to know is: how does one become feminine? Hair, make-up, clothes, shoes, actions. If I end up being passably pretty, all the better, but the how, and being able to execute the "how" is what I'm after.

tina

Diane Smith
11-12-2009, 11:55 PM
MAINLY, I dress to please myself.

But I also want to present a nice image to the women I meet -- SAs, my hair and nail stylists, doctors, anyone else I might know at least a little bit. I like getting compliments from the people I do business with, meet in waiting rooms and so on.

Total strangers, and males in any situation ... who cares? :)

- Diane

trannie T
11-13-2009, 12:11 AM
I dress to fulfill an inner need. Once dressed I love to inflict my beauty upon the world.

Miranda09
11-13-2009, 12:21 AM
I dress to just please me......if I can see a beautiful face in the mirror, I'm happy!!! :)

Andy66
11-13-2009, 12:22 AM
I know it's not exactly the same for me, but I do try to look decent... What Sherri said.

For myself, yup. To feel good about myself, and to enjoy the experience more.
To make a good impression on people around me when I'm out.
To make it easier on the people I hang out with.
For Mr. or Ms. Right, on the off chance I might actually bump into him/her some day.

Jenniferpl
11-13-2009, 05:40 AM
The person that I dress for is me, myself, and I. Who else would there be? Sometimes for my wife when we want to spice things up in the bedroom.

Lauren1973
11-13-2009, 07:59 AM
I always dress to impress .....myself and maybe Stacy London (she is my idol):daydreaming:

Kate Simmons
11-13-2009, 08:20 AM
LOL. It's like climbing a mountain. You do it because it's there.:)

DaisyG
11-13-2009, 09:02 AM
I dress for me, according to how I'm feeling - - how I see myself - - at the time. It wasn't always that way.

Except for the last several years, I had been a lifelong closet CD so I only dressed for me. Then my wife "discovered" me. Yeah, I know, I should have come out to her way before that. Thankfully my wonderful wife became accepting, in stages, slowly. It was a year before I was allowed to be even partially dressed in her presence. :o

She had been a student of fashion design, so as she began to see me dressed, some of Daisy's things became her favorites, others became no-no's relegated to the Goodwill box. She became Daisy's fashion consultant, helping me choose clothes to buy. :)

Thus it evolved that I dressed for us. For my wife as much or more than for me, and we both loved it. :hugs:

This spring my precious wife of 39 years passed away. Now, I'm back to dressing for myself. But if I ever gain a new SO, It will again be "dress for us".

Daisy

Karren H
11-13-2009, 10:17 AM
LOL. It's like climbing a mountain. You do it because it's there.:)

Or you do it because your driven to.. And don't really have a choice or a reason... I'd love to say I do it for myself.... But I can.... More like I do it to myself...

Frédérique
11-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Who are you looking to be beautiful for?

Me and me alone, darling. The boy in me (oh, he’s there) likes how the girl looks, so the girl in me comes out to show herself. The thing is, she (me) completely ignores the boy and goes in the other direction, playing hard to get. That’s one explanation, but, more likely, the boy simply wants to be pretty. He (me) goes in that direction and looks like a girl, but he is still a boy in all but outward appearance. Achieving this balance and synthesis is highly enjoyable, and somewhat moving, in an emotional sense, but it would take too many words to explain why…:angel:

CherylFlint
11-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Me, and the universe.

docrobbysherry
11-13-2009, 11:00 AM
I discovered that at the SCC. My first time out dressed. I felt I had to "fit in". Not stand out at all.:brolleyes:

However, back home in my closet, Sherry will wear WHATEVER rediculous, and/or sexy thing I WANT her to!:D

U get to see SOME of her pics, but other than that, I have her all to myself!:tongueout

dennisGTS
11-13-2009, 12:00 PM
For me, myself, and I because it makes me feel good!!! :daydreaming:

Lorileah
11-13-2009, 12:21 PM
*walks across the stage in 3 inch heels and a Christian Dior gown* I dress to make the world a better place. I dress for all the poor and hungry children in...oh somewhere in some country I never knew. I dress so that when I become Miss whatever this pageant is I can make a difference in the lives of all the little people who admire and love me. Not for just who I am but what I am inside. Oh and I can see Russia from my backyard

*parade wave, blow a kiss, walk back to other finalists*

I dress because I like how I look, I am narcissistic.

kelliboots
11-13-2009, 01:06 PM
In either male or crossdressed role I strive to be beautiful for me and those who know me. i think it's a responsibility to look your best always. I try and try ...practice makes perfect lol.

Sarah Doepner
11-13-2009, 01:29 PM
I get tired of seeing that fellow in the mirror and need to get away from him occasionally. I dress to get a little variety in my life and the more I look like Sarah the better that feels. It seems that we see the word balance here at times and that's what I look for. If I let it go for too long I loose touch with some of the better parts of my personality and become more of a jerk than even I can tolerate.

It wasn't the airplanes. It was beauty that killed the beast (or at least keeps him at bay).

Alice B
11-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Three people. Me, Myself and I. If anyone else like it I'm a happy person.

sputnik
11-13-2009, 05:08 PM

Well said.

sherri52
11-13-2009, 05:09 PM
The only one I dress for is me.
I hide the mirrors so I don't see
I feel what I feel
I know what is real
After all it's just me.

MissyW
11-13-2009, 08:12 PM
I dress for me.

Rianna Humble
12-05-2009, 11:47 AM
*walks across the stage in 3 inch heels and a Christian Dior gown*

I dress to make the world a better place. I dress for all the poor and hungry children in...oh somewhere in some country I never knew.

:rofl:

I dress so that when I become Miss whatever this pageant is I can make a difference in the lives of all the little people who admire and love me. Not for just who I am but what I am inside. Oh and I can see Russia from my backyard

*parade wave, blow a kiss, walk back to other finalists*.

:roflmao:

flic
12-05-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm not trying to look beautiful,,,that will never happen,,,but as long as i can see something feminine in the mirror then i'll be happy. I don't really identify with the boy face, so it's nice to see the girl. So i guess in that respect,,,it's all for me!!
x flic x

kellycan27
12-05-2009, 03:01 PM
For me yes, for my boyfriend, definitely........for others to take notice and pay me attention....priceless. I guess all that goes right back to...for me.:heehee:

carhill2mn
12-05-2009, 03:06 PM
First, I want to see myself look as good as possible. Then I enjoy being out and about and interacting with other people and if I should receive a compliment, so much the better.

tricia_uktv
12-05-2009, 03:54 PM
For me, because she is who I am inside.

Ruth
12-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Yes it's basically for me. I like it if anyone else appreciates me but that is secondary, since I don't dress to please others.

Char2233
12-05-2009, 06:50 PM
For myself and for you...Ready for my close up Mr De Ville

5150 Girl
12-05-2009, 08:31 PM
I dress fro me. it makes me feel good.
I try to be a beautifull as I possibly can for my SO the Polar Bear.

Blaire
12-05-2009, 11:14 PM
*walks across the stage in 3 inch heels and a Christian Dior gown* I dress to make the world a better place. I dress for all the poor and hungry children in...oh somewhere in some country I never knew. I dress so that when I become Miss whatever this pageant is I can make a difference in the lives of all the little people who admire and love me. Not for just who I am but what I am inside. Oh and I can see Russia from my backyard

*parade wave, blow a kiss, walk back to other finalists*

I dress because I like how I look, I am narcissistic.

No world peace?? No more than second place for you!

suchacutie
12-05-2009, 11:37 PM
And I realized that I never gave the punchline:

When Tina is going to appear, I start out as a guy and I do all manner of things to my body, put on clothes that my male self mostly doesn't wear, change my voice, change my whole body language, and then I walk out of the bedroom acting very much like another person.

Why? It's because that other person is not just someone off the street. She's me! Well, she's a part of me, anyway, and it seems she's a pretty big part of me. She's a part I didn't know existed and I need to know who she is. My wife would also like to know who she is (maybe that's one of the best questions for those wives who don't support our CD sides..."Don't you want to know who she is, since she is clearly a part of me? I want to know who she is!")

So, I do it so that we will both know who Tina is, and along the way we will know each other better...and it's already started! Oh, and since she is me, and she is so new to me, she is really fascinating!

PatriciaT
12-06-2009, 12:21 PM
This is a little difficult to answer. Basically I dress for myself, bit since I go out when I do this, I have found that it is necessary to take the views of the people around you into consideration. There has got to be some kind of compromise.

There are a lot of styles out there. For me, I prefer the soft, feminine, even cut look. If I do this with a "devil may care" attitude, I could easily wind up looking odd and getting all the bad vibes. If I do this carefully, I find I can come across well to the people around me and still please myself completely.
You have got to be careful and see what clothing combinations look good on you, please you,and in a general way correspond with current fashion.
Since I started doing this, I have found I can blend in far better than before, when I dressed in a more self centered way. This has greatly increased the peasure I get out of CDing and removed basically all of the negativer pressure. At this point I get about the same treatment from the people around me in drab as I do en femme. Actually, I seem to be treated a bit more politely en femme. I guess I look a lot softer, as I hate being in drab and the scowl on my face while in drab may be just a bit intimidating!