PDA

View Full Version : Gyms

Dana Jones
11-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Ok I just joined one and have a 2 hour personal triner cosultation Monday. Do I worry about my shaved legs? I will wear a standard t shirt to cover my shaved belly chest underarms. Just a little self conscious about the legs. Oh and I am taking the nail polish off my toes as we speak.

AmberLynn
11-12-2009, 08:48 PM
meh lot's of athletic men shave there leg's. i think you will be fine

weekend woman
11-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Tain't nobodys business but your own.

Jamie001
11-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Dana,

There is no reason to worry about your shaved legs and no reason to take the nail polish off your toes. It is not their business, so why should you give them control over your appearance?

Also, many athletes wear toenail polish, just google for men wearing toenail polish and you will see a lot of recent articles about this including UFC Champion Chuck Liddel. Now go an put some pretty polish back on your toes so that they look pretty when you meet your new trainer, or better yet, go get a professional pedicure. You will love it. You are making too big a deal of this.

:hugs: Jamie

Ok I just joined one and have a 2 hour personal triner cosultation Monday. Do I worry about my shaved legs? I will wear a standard t shirt to cover my shaved belly chest underarms. Just a little self conscious about the legs. Oh and I am taking the nail polish off my toes as we speak.

Phyliss
11-12-2009, 09:40 PM
what's the point of taking off the polish? Hopefully you'll be wearing sneakers at the gym. As for the shaved legs, ... wear long leg sweats.

sissystephanie
11-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Your toes won't be seen unless you are doing yoga, or swimming. So leave the polish on. I work out at my local Y, and have a coach. She has never said anything about my shaved legs, my painted toes and fingers, or my very feminine short shorts!! The coaches are there to help you get into better condition, and that is what they are interested in!

Shave your legs, wear your polish, and be you!!

Karren H
11-12-2009, 10:43 PM
I have been completely hairless for almost 5 years.... in a locker room fully of hairy guys... playing hockey and no one has ever said one thing.... As long as I put the puck in the net.....

SuzanneBender
11-12-2009, 10:55 PM
I keep my body smooth and have never received one comment about my legs. I wear shorts almost year round and nothing. I kinda wish someone would comment when I am in boy mode. I can tell them how having them hairy would ruin the look with a coctail dress.

Seriously, don't sweat it (pun intended). Trying to hide your smooth legs will only call attention to them. Take a look at the number of guys at the gym that are smooth. In today's world no one cares. Well thats not true we do and we wan't you to show off those gams! :hugs:

Mister Ed
11-13-2009, 06:28 AM
I wouldn't worry, firstly all the seriously buff guys (and girls of course) are pretty hairless. That body image goes with the [-]stereotype[/-] territory.

And second I wouldn't worry about nail polish too much, the entire change room comes under the same "no looking around" social etiquette as a men's urinal. Thus with the lack of any eye contact at all it will be hardly noticed.

I've shaved my legs recently (Only the 2nd time I've done it from complete growth) and although there's short stubble I'm more self conscious about the near ghost like colour of my legs and the Persian rug my back and chest have turned into. Hopefully I have enough money next pay for the back and chest wax.

Kinky with Ink
11-13-2009, 06:51 AM
Honey, don't worry about your legs or toes in the gym. I go to the gym 4 days a week and most of the bodybuilders completely shave their bodies to show off their muscles more. And if somebody see's your toes....so what. I doubt they're going to have enough courage to confront you about it.

Dana Jones
11-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Thanks Ladies! It is Just new to me being completely shaved. I was last winter but let my legs grow out for golf season. I am now as you might have read in a new town alone so I am being me but get a little nervous about it. I also want to attrack some of the hot babes there! So my boy side does fight the girl side a little. Dana is 65-70% me and Don is the other that supports Dana by working! LOL

dennisGTS
11-13-2009, 11:57 AM
I know how you feel. When I first started Physical Therapy at the on-post gym, I went there with my legs shaved (my pink toenail polish stayed on). :o I was very nervous at first, especially because I was going to be around Army guys and didn't know if they would say anything to me about it, but noticed that there were other military guys that had shaved legs also...not sure if that's an indication that they might CD also...probably not...but seeing that made me feel more at ease with my shaved legs. :)

My only issue is when I finish Physical Therapy and start doing regular Physical Training in the morning with my unit...do I let my leg hairs grow out or do I show up to PT with shaved legs and risk ridicule and endless questions from my fellow co-workers???

Kate Simmons
11-13-2009, 12:03 PM
I assume you are paying for membership. As long as they get their money, who cares? Money talks, nobody walks my friend.:)

Ashley_in_Texas
11-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Personally, I would worry more about the sweat, shmootz, and whatever else that's left behind by the person that just got off the equipment that I'm about to get on. Lol

Brenda Freeman
11-13-2009, 01:45 PM
I go to the gym and notice some guys shave their legs or at least look it, many athletes swimmers, bike riders, body builders shave their legs, its very common, never have seen any one ask someone why! Actually one of my wife's friends saw me at the gym, and my wife told me she asked my wife if I shaved my legs and that she thought I had great legs! She did not ask why I did it, but I wouldnt hesitate to tell her I like them that way, I wouldn't add that I do it to look good in a skirt though! Thats my secret. Its great you are hitting the gym!

Philipa Jane
11-13-2009, 01:57 PM
I am not only a regular at the gym but have my legs waxed at the beauty salon attached to the complex.
Lots of people must have seen me come and go but only the female club administrator has suggested that I was there for a back,sack and crack job.
I laughed with her but found the remark distasteful.
Imagine the roles reversed and I had said something equally distasteful to her!!
I have also left the nail polish off but only because it annoys my partner.

CharleneT
11-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Most won't even notice, few would say anything ... and if they do, just tell 'em:

"Drives the women crazy, you should try it"

chances are they'll be shaved next week ..... :devil:

Alice B
11-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Shaved legs is a total non issue and why take off the toe nail polish if you are going to be wearing socks?

meri
11-13-2009, 04:52 PM
I wear sandals all summer and most of the fall. I had toe-nail polish on until a few weeks ago. Wore the sandals everywhere, to chorus rehearsal, the gym, shopping, etc. For the most part, no one commented. One woman in the chorus asked me about it, said she didn't like toe-nail polish on anyone, man or woman, so there was no pleasing her.

Just go for it, it's a small thing -- no one will care.