PDA

View Full Version : I like being shaved but.....

MichelleSanders
11-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Winter is coming soon in my part of the country and that means that I can become hairless for five months. So, a month ago I shaved head to toe and it felt great. Two and a half months ago I was prescribed Avodart for BPH. It turns out that one of the effects of the drug will help with male pattern baldness. One thing they don't tell you is that it causes all of the hair elsewhere on your body to stop growing. I mean stop!

Usually when I shave my legs and arms I need to do some touchup every day to keep them smooth. Not anymore. I now only need to do a touchup once a week to keep things smooth and it seems that it is getting longer and longer between shaves. At this rate I can do without a razor in the near future. My skin is also getting a smoother feel to it.

My problem is, I only shave in the Winter months and let it grow back out for Summer. I have a feeling I will have some explaining to do when Spring comes.

Anyway, if you are getting to that age where you need something for BPH, be aware that you might get a little "extra" from the meds.

Sally2005
11-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Splainin? ... just what you said, the drug stopped your hair from growing. Everyone knows that hair naturally falls out and grows in cycles so it is obvious why your body is hairless.

Karren H
11-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Just say that it not only made your body hair stop growing but it fell out all together first!! Yeah.. An undocumented side effect...

Ohhh and don't tell anyone I told you to lie about it... After all... lying is bad... Bad bad bad.. Lol.

Persephone
11-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Isn't it great! :)

Avodart is dutasteride, apparently similar in effect to finasteride, prescribed generically and under Merck's brand-names Proscar®, a 5-mg BPH dose, and Propecia®, a 1-mg dose specifically treating male pattern baldness.

Both can apparently mess with body hair, breast enlargement (but only sometimes), and libido, and may have other side effects.

I've been taking Proscar for years and have no hair on my legs and very little on my back, and I've retained most of the hair on my head (it was beginning to fall out before I started the Proscar). I can't completely say it's the Proscar because I also do take some other medications, but they shouldn't be providing these side effects.

It is wonderful! I love it! I only wish it would provide me with breast enlargement (it hasn't :sad:).

I've had BPH surgery but my physician and I agree that the Proscar is important to delay or possibly prevent regrowth of the prostate.

Enjoy it! BPH medication is the perfect excuse for lacking body hair! After all, what could be "more manly" than telling the guys in the gym that you have BPH?

Christina Horton
11-13-2009, 11:57 AM
I may be slow but BPH is....... And if people even care your hairless just tell them if you even need to that your meds did it. No prob. But WTF is BPH for anyway.

Jamie001
11-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Why not just be honest and say that you shave because you don't like body hair. It is really that simple. Look at underwear ads or other ads that show men and you will see that they all are hairless! Hair on men's bodies is not in fashion and men have been shaving for several years now.

It is really best to be honest. Whether or not you have hair is not anyone's business except yourself. Why give other people power over you in this regard?

:2c: Jamie

Lorileah
11-13-2009, 12:05 PM
I may be slow but BPH is....... And if people even care your hairless just tell them if you even need to that your meds did it. No prob. But WTF is BPH for anyway.

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. Enlarged prostate.

Again, Michelle, unless every man in your part of the world looks like sasquatch, I don't see why not having body hair is a problem

MichelleSanders
11-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Actually, I'm really not too bugged about the hair not growing. Like several of you have said, it's not my fault, it's the medication. Great excuse.

I like Persephone's outlook on this one. Just tell the guys at the gym that my prostate is the size of a lemon and the doctor wanted it back to normal size. Wait a minute, let's make that the size of a tennis ball. Oh, what the heck, it's the size of a grapefruit! And my other manly bits are oversized too! Yea, that's the ticket!

Lara Smith
11-14-2009, 12:50 AM
Yeah! If you will look at younger males as of late, no matter where you look, almost none of them have body hair. Seems younger women like their men smooth! Maybe just trendy...but maybe it is a trend.

Joanie_Shakti
11-14-2009, 02:37 AM
I have a long time GG friend who is a masseuse. When I shaved my legs and underarms and trimmed my chest hair short this summer, I asked her opinion. She thought it was great. (She has no idea of my crossdressing.) Living in Arizona, I wear shorts almost 365 days a year, except for work hours. When I mentioned to her that I felt real self conscious about showing the hairless legs in public, she told me that lots of men shave their legs. Since she sees a lot of different guys in her job, I took her word for it.

Several months later, I don't think twice about going out in shorts. My immediate family hasn't said anything, if they've even noticed. Being somewhat of a loner, I haven't run into any guy friends in my new (mostly) hairless state. If they are going to change their opinion of me because of this, they weren't real friends anyway. If asked, I will probably say I did it on a whim after a suggestion by my masseuse friend and liked the feeling, it feels cleaner for one thing, so I decided to keep it up.