PDA

View Full Version : karaoke

NV Susan
11-13-2009, 11:04 AM
I went to karaoke at a local lounge last night {underdressed but outwardly drab mode} and the crowd was a little thin. I know the host and he wanted me to sing but I could never get up on stage and sing in front of people!!!
At the end of the night driving home I got to thinking, I won't sing at karaoke but I'll go out en femme.........
Strange????

DiannaRose
11-13-2009, 11:07 AM
I won't sing karaoke because I don't want to frighten young children and animals in the next block. :)

Seriously, you do NOT want me to attempt to carry a tune. :)

:)

AmberLynn
11-13-2009, 11:17 AM
ill carry a tune,just give me a sac :fim: I cant sing well at all,but at any oc the karyoke bars i have been,neither could anyone eles :drink:

miss robyn
11-13-2009, 11:30 AM
I have to have a few drinks in me first, then I think I can sing good.:)

lilmissjenny
11-13-2009, 02:34 PM
im the opposite. i will do kareoke but wont go out dressed up....lol. i do mostly rap songs tho when i do kareoke. i do a mean Ice Ice Baby...lol

Barbara918
11-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Oh, c'mon gang! I can't be the only one who's sung karaoke en femme. Fact is, I've seldom sung in drab.

Lorileah
11-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Oh, c'mon gang! I can't be the only one who's sung karaoke en femme. Fact is, I've seldom sung in drab.

Now I find that fascinating. I sing Karaoke regularly and I dress up frequently but have never combined the two. Do you try and sing in the upper register? Or do you just do your best Jim Naybors voice? That quandary is what kept me from trying it. Going to have to try that sometime. Maybe some Janis or Grace Slick.

sherri52
11-13-2009, 03:15 PM
If I sing everyone leaves. I would be the perfect filibuster for congress.

Barbara918
11-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Hi Lorileah --

I don't always try to do upper register, but I generally prefer to do songs popularized by women...Shania, Madonna, Dolly, Cher, etc. ... my first solo was "Material Girl". On the other hand, I do a killer Elvis impression, which I have sometimes done in drag. (I've seen female Elvis impersonators, so why not an Elvis female impersonator?)
Sometimes I go for irony -- wearing 3 1/2 inch heels & singing the 4 Seasons' "Walk Like a Man".
And one night there was a guy there who did a good impression of Neil Diamond, so we duetted on "You Don't Bring Me Flowers".

BTW, you look terrific in your avatar.

--Barbara

Ugly Michele
11-13-2009, 03:35 PM
I sang once, the song was a KISS song Beth, DJ request it when wife and I go she remembers it. Never have hate being in front of people. Besides animal control normally shows up looking for the injured cat.

kristinacd55
11-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Hey Susan, I would karaoke in a minute but cd in public?!? Got a great rock n roll voice been in a bunch of bands etc etc but im a sissy when it comes to cding in public :sad: