PDA

View Full Version : Who finds it hard walking in flats now?

angelinamillar
11-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Who finds it hard walking in flats now? Now of course whe I say walking in flats I don't mean walking around in your flat in private now that would just be silly :p

But seriously, It was dress down day at work today and I popped out at lunchtime and whilst walking to the shop I found myself shall I say walking funny. It then it dawned on me that it was the fact that I have been wearing and walking in heels so much recently that I actually found it wierd walking in flats, Sketchers have no heel at all and I was kind of aware that I was expecting the ground earlier than it actually was lol. I was so glad to get home and put on my heels as it felt 'normal' And it's the weekend, woohoo, 2 days in heels :)

Hugs,

Angelina xx

Karren H
11-13-2009, 02:41 PM
I love walking in my flats.... And my fem tennies... As much as heels.. Ok. Almost as much as heels..

angelinamillar
11-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Karren,

I have to say I have recently been wearing 3/4 lengh leggings with sheer tights and my tennis shoes, I know where you are coming from, i can go out running like that and don't seem to get any unwanted attention, can't really get away waith going out wearing my heels. but there is nothing quite like the feeling of wearing my heels, yes not as practical but so much better as they make your legs look and fell so much more femenine :)

Hugs,

Angelina xx

sherri52
11-13-2009, 03:20 PM
I wear heels most days right after 5:00 until 9:00 AM except while sleeping. The flats are used in male mode while working and they do feel a little funny, but no so much I can't walk

Kaitlin the cd
11-13-2009, 03:48 PM
I personally like flats better then heels. But I do know of a girl who has worn heels so much that she can no longer walk in flats.

Jaclyn NM
11-13-2009, 04:35 PM
I have to admit, that since I spend at least part of most days wearing 5 inch stiletto pumps, that I absolutely hate taking them off and putting on flats. I have grown so used to my heels, that I find walking in them almost second nature. I guess this girl was just meant for heels.

kellycan27
11-13-2009, 04:59 PM
One foot in front of the other,left right,left right..........

NathalieX66
11-13-2009, 05:04 PM
I personally like flats better then heels. But I do know of a girl who has worn heels so much that she can no longer walk in flats.

I know a woman in her 60's that has walked in heels daily for decades that she cannot walk in flats, otheriswe severe pain. Therefore your point is quite valid.

amandag
11-13-2009, 05:14 PM
I am comfortable wearing various height heels and flats. I enjoy the choice that I have in women's shoes opposed to boring man shoes. Earlier today I was in flats, and, now I am in my 4 inch patent leather pumps and black low dress.

Amanda

ShannonDragon
11-13-2009, 05:18 PM
OK I'm weird. Most of my heels are only about 1". I am already about 6' and don't really want to stand out that much more that I already do. :tongueout

tricia_uktv
11-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Isn't it horses for courses? If I'm shopping and walking around all day its flats. If I'm clu7bbing its heels. Simple?

Paula G
11-13-2009, 08:12 PM
I used to have trouble going from heels to flats like that, but now that wearing heels aggravate my back I have to stick to flats and very low heels.

Phyliss Hdson
11-13-2009, 08:31 PM
At 6'3 I already stand out so most of my heels are 3-4 inches
After spending so much of the time in heels the last couple of years I do find flats uncomfortable if I have to walk too far as they have no arch support. even though my guy shoes dont have heels they support my arches. So yes some days I do feel akward walking in flats.
I love wearing heels

Hugs Phyliss

krisinpink
11-13-2009, 09:29 PM
I've worn 'western' boots for so long that I'm accustomed to at least that much heel. I bought a little pair of red flats a few year ago, and when I started walking around in them, I felt like I was falling over backward!! I really need 1-2" of heel to feel comfortable; 3 inches and above, although great fun to wear, are not good for me as they make me too tall, and I feel less coordinated while wearing them. So, I get to wear low and mid heels when Krissy is out, and they feel just perfect! The only downside is there are some really cute canvas flats out these days, and I just know they'll feel funny to walk in!

docrobbysherry
11-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Flats kill my back!:doh:

KylieQ
11-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Actually I prefer flats to heels. I enjoy heels from time to time but find flats to be a bit more stylish...I guess it all really comes down to personal preference.

Carly D.
11-15-2009, 09:34 PM
I tried flats a few times but it wasn't what I was after in the looks and the feel department (of cross dressing) and so I stopped wearing them and don't have any..

KristiMartin
11-16-2009, 08:55 AM
I have heels I adore, I have flats I adore. I wear whichever shoe looks cutest with my outfit.:)

However, I always take a pair of flats with me when I'm going out for an evening just in case my heels start to get to me.

MarinaKirax
12-31-2009, 05:51 PM
Over the years I have become more balanced in smooth in my higher heels, but i don't get to wear them much. Do you notice that whenever you wear a very high heel for a few hours or more, wearing anything ALMOST that high becomes a snap? Tried a pair of 6" heels once and they bend my ankle so far forward I could barely stand. Almost crashed sideways and did the 'supermarket takeout' of the remaining merchandise!

jenna_woods
12-31-2009, 06:10 PM
I hate walking in flats I miss my heals so much wen not wearing them

MaryAnn40c
12-31-2009, 10:08 PM
I have high arches so walking in flats or heels is the same....up higher than normal.

Christina Horton
12-31-2009, 10:17 PM
No I don't find it (weird) to wear flats in drab, But when I am dressed I have One pair of flat boots and when I walk in them it feels wrong. So I wear them only when My feet are sore after I have been in heals all day. But think about it, Most women can't wait to get out of her heals but we can't wait to get into them.... pain and all. Funny eh!!!

Daniela76
01-01-2010, 12:58 AM
I have never worn heels out yet.
So right now I am working on blending cute flats into my wardrobe.
I have a nice pair of 1" loafers & Skechers brown fashion sneakers (love them but just a bit narrow on right foot)

Diane Smith
01-01-2010, 05:04 AM
I have always been fairly uncomfortable in true flats, and now that I'm wearing heels most of the time, I really can't stand them at all. Even when buying running shoes or work boots, I must look for something with a bit of elevation at the heel.

- Diane

Charla McBee
01-01-2010, 07:02 AM
It could be that among the first three pairs of shoes I had was a nice pair of flats but they felt just as feminine. Flats are actually at the top of my list of items to replace following my final purge. The original pair was shiny black with a single strap, went with a ton of my old outfits and felt just as good as any other shoe with stockings.

Dont get me wrong, I love my heels but I think flats have a place too. Depends on your mood and what you are going for.

Lesley Ann
01-01-2010, 08:25 AM
I never have the problem, I never wear them!