PDA

View Full Version : Ms. EKG

Leanne2
11-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Today is payday so I am at the kitchen table writing checks and then preparing the envelopes for the mail. I know, I know, all of the younger generation uses online bill pay but I have never done that. I kind of like to write those checks; it's more personal when I can sign my name in big swirling script.
My name is the reason for this post. I have a unisex first name which suits me just fine. Anyway, last month I had an EKG at our local hospital. When the bill arrived in the mail about a week ago I tossed it in the bill drawer. Midway down the page there was a statement that began: Dear MS. (my last name). Thank you for selecting our facility for your health care needs, bla bla bla.
Why did they address me as MS? I have never been there en fem. And I have never marked on a form that I was female. Maybe someone on this forum that works at a hospital can tell me what happened. Not that I am complaining. Leanne

Karren H
11-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Sounds like an invitation for an enfemme visit to me!! Maybe the EKG turned up something? Lol. You should go back and see what they found?

I keep getting yearly notes from the HR dept that say the US SSA has me listed as a female.. Cool!! That mean I can get regular social security and spousal ssi too? Or maybe it means because they think I'm female I just get less?