PDA

View Full Version : So.... Anyone actually see someone today?

Karren H
11-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Live... In person... Out and about... Wearing the CD Day wrist band? And you can't count yourself. No mater how many times you looked in the mirror today! If so... Did you go talk to them. Or did anyone approach you?

It was a total bust for me... No one at work said a thing... And there weren't any guys in the ladies departments during my noon shopping trip...

so?

Joanne f
11-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Nop , i was hoping someone would say "oh are you one as well " or just "snap" all i got was a "why are you wearing that band on your wrist" from my wife :heehee:

DiannaRose
11-13-2009, 05:19 PM
And there weren't any guys in the ladies departments during my noon shopping trip...

Same here. Nada. But I probably didn't see more than a couple dozen close enough to notice anyway.

AND when I went out, I forgot my rubber band, darn it all!

Oh well...I was supporting in spirit, anyway.

tricia_uktv
11-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Not today... but tomorrow YAY!!!!

NathalieX66
11-13-2009, 05:24 PM
I have begun my mall & bookstore & Starbucks road tour and saw no one yet during the afternoon , and will resume this evening. So far, it's a very boring crowd. Nothing but baby strollers, and suits in my general location.

If I see just one...I will call this whole thing a smashing success. You will know something's up when people are watching for you and your wrists.
I am gum & powder blue, if anyone should know.

Kerigirl2009
11-13-2009, 05:24 PM
No I did not see anyone with a rubberband on the left wrist although I wore a large red band and a thick sort a white band and a thin blue band. All on my left wrist and then went to a job interview hoping that maybe the man hiring was also wearing the coveted rubber band but I only saw his watch. Hey anything to get hired. LOL I have alot to offer. I also wore my 3 inch heels on the way there but just couldn't bring myself to wear them to the interview while wearing a suit. Looked kinda funny but I liked driving in them.:)

joandher
11-13-2009, 05:34 PM
NOT ONE very disapointed took a strol down a very busy shopping parade and spent about an hour walking around a supermarket not one rubber band except me 2 on each wrist

:hugs: J-JAY

nancyish
11-13-2009, 05:48 PM
I wore my band faithfully(pink).A lady looked at me curiously,that was it.We need something obvious like the earing in the right ear kind of thing.This is it 4 now but it would be nice to see us(our kind) at any point ,more open and obvious,it would encourage us all greatly,Nancy

Lorileah
11-13-2009, 05:50 PM
just realized my postman had a rubberband on his wrist.....hmm

Ashley_in_Texas
11-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Nope, not one.

Diane1950
11-13-2009, 06:21 PM
I actually saw someone in a store... we were both in male mode... we made eye contact, he tapped his wrist (discreetly), nodded, smiled...I smiled in return... it was an exciting moment for me, as I had never encountered a sister before!

lilmissjenny
11-13-2009, 06:26 PM
not one person i saw today was wearing one but then again the day isnt over yet and i need to go to Walmart to pick up some items. will look while im there!!

Toni_Lynn
11-13-2009, 06:29 PM
I didn't see anyone. But, it was an interesting day none the less with my mind filled with imaginings, like:

a) how would I react if my boss showed up at work wearing one.

b) if I saw a somewhat tomboy-ish GG downtown wearing one!

either would have resulted in eyes open as wide as saucers :eek:

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

charlen
11-13-2009, 06:30 PM
i was out in thee states today and saw noone i was wearing a pink one:love:

Angelofsomekind
11-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Unfortunatly I did not see anyone else either.

Karren H
11-13-2009, 06:42 PM

Too funny but mine did too!! Mater of fact all the postal workers at the branch I use did too!! Omg. The postal service only hires crossdressers!!

I didn't see anyone. But, it was an interesting day none the less with my mind filled with imaginings, like:

a) how would I react if my boss showed up at work wearing one.

b) if I saw a somewhat tomboy-ish GG downtown wearing one!

either would have resulted in eyes open as wide as saucers :eek:

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

I should have swung by your place at noon and we could have spotted each other? Lol

crossdrezzer1
11-13-2009, 06:54 PM
ummmm,,,hello??? wearing a pink one means you are a supporter for breast cancer,,,sorry to say they beat us to the punch and we need to find another color...

I wore a normal elastic band on my wrist and interacted with hundreds today,,not a single wrist had one but me,,,,,, very sad but lets hope for next year as in my yahoo club I told all and most didnt know so its getting out there,,,stronger every year

Katt Solomon
11-13-2009, 07:00 PM
I went around several places in Melbourne, didn't see anyone with a rubber band :sad: But I did spot some nice watches and bangles.

ColleenPDX
11-13-2009, 07:16 PM
I was wearing mine, but I didn't see anyone with one. I did get a "Why do you have a rubber band on your wrist" from my wife though. She asked if it was for some kind of aversion therapy, lol.

Kate Simmons
11-13-2009, 07:24 PM
No, or did I? Today of all days both my daughter and her husband had rubber bands on their wrist. You never know I guess.:heehee:

luvgirlyclothes
11-13-2009, 07:43 PM
Had mine on, but saw nothin, bummer!!!!

Rianna Humble
11-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Saw no-one in Brighton either :-(

Still, at least I was wearing 1 band ironically marked "Angel" and another marked "Love" plus a white 1 for Friendship on the other wrist.

ummmm,,,hello??? wearing a pink one means you are a supporter for breast cancer,,,sorry to say they beat us to the punch and we need to find another color...

Over here, it's a red ribbon for breast cancer

AmberLynn
11-13-2009, 07:46 PM
double baby blue band and saw no one,the only one that noticed was my mother when i checked on her. she asked if they were tight and what they were on my wrist for. I chickend out on telling her and said it was incase i wanted to put my hair up :sad:

TonyaV
11-13-2009, 07:48 PM
I spotted one person with a blue band, drive in the lane next to mine on I-10 in Houston. But I doubt it was for CD day. I don't know of I can count that.

APRIL0401
11-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Lorileah,

I'm a postal carrier and I wore my rubber band.
I work in Illinois so it wasn't me you seen.

wendy68
11-13-2009, 08:10 PM
I was out to many shops today. I didnt see any bands but its a small town. I had mine on and made it very visible.

cdinmd206
11-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Spend the afternoon at the old Annapolis Mall and a few other places and didn't see anyone with a rubber band on their wrist. Wife and I were in Lane Bryant and the sales lady told me that where I was looking, the clothes would not fit my wife. I asked her what made her think I was looking for my wife? Oh the look she had on her face was priceless.

kristinacd55
11-13-2009, 09:10 PM
I actually saw someone in a store... we were both in male mode... we made eye contact, he tapped his wrist (discreetly), nodded, smiled...I smiled in return... it was an exciting moment for me, as I had never encountered a sister before!

Wow, great for you Diane! That must of been awesome.

krisinpink
11-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Me neither...wore mine, but didn't see anyone else...

me=sad

BLUE ORCHID
11-13-2009, 09:21 PM
I too must have been the only one within 100 miles that
had a rubber band on my wrist.
Postal workers aways have bands on there arm because
they use them all day.
.................................................. ...........thanks.......Orchid

Tess
11-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Nope...maybe next time.

docrobbysherry
11-13-2009, 09:35 PM
No CDs in the second hand shops I visited today!:brolleyes:

Altho, a lady teller asked who the top was for. " Your wife?"

Obviously, she didn't notice my band!:sad:

KitCat
11-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Spent a couple of hours in the food court at Walden Galleria mall in Buffalo today at noon and the closest thing to spotting anyone was the girl ahead of me at the gas station I am kind of let down
I had such high hopes

Cat

Andy66
11-13-2009, 09:55 PM
I didn't see anyone either. Maybe next year.

wendy68
11-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Spent a couple of hours in the food court at Walden Galleria mall in Buffalo today at noon and the closest thing to spotting anyone was the girl ahead of me at the gas station I am kind of let down
I had such high hopes

Cat

Wow thats a big food court too, a excellent choice to be around lots of people. The Galleria is a monster of a mall . It was a good try.

Alice B
11-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Wore my band on my arm all day. Saw no one else and doubt anyone saw me. Would love to see a braclet that we could wear that others would recognize, yet not be overly obvious.

Courtney A Anderson
11-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Nope didn't see anybody else today. but was asked at work today a few times, why I had a rubber band on , I just told them it was for good luck on Friday the 13th...

MissyW
11-13-2009, 10:35 PM
I didn't spot anyone.

Karren H
11-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Amazing!! Except for 2..... I think we just proved that we don't exist.. Since no one saw any of us? Lol. Were a figment of our own imagination!!

Chloe Renee
11-14-2009, 12:41 AM
Not a one... But to be fair, my plans were altered by me getting stuck in the office all day. I had planned on going to a mall for a couple hours... Darn work, ruining my fun.

donnatracey
11-14-2009, 01:31 AM
Nope.....went to an indoor mall and then a large outlet mall..nada....:sad:

AllieSF
11-14-2009, 01:45 AM
I was out most of the day and didn't see anyone. Maybe this day should be treated like the bird census day around Christmas where everyone looks and counts the different "birds" for the annual census.

Loni
11-14-2009, 01:45 AM
Alas I was not able to get out for very long Friday am,
had to be in bed asleep by two pm.
But while out did not see anybody, that is not to say they were not there.

With luck next year I can cruze the mall all day, trying to not spend a months worth of pay:-)

Joanie_Shakti
11-14-2009, 01:53 AM
I wore a purple band today, one of those types of bands like Lance Armstrong started the fad with, as I made my regular Friday rounds to the grocery and Starbucks. Went out again later to the bicycle shop to buy some stuff to try to make my bike, that has sat idle for about 20 years rideable again.

Didn't see anyone, didn't get any comments. But then again, in my smallish redneck town, I didn't expect any. I know there are one or two girls that post here that have mentioned they live in the same part of Arizona as I do. And someone uses "crossdresser" or some variation in their handle when they post comments at the local paper's website (I've wondered if they are one of the active ones here). So I know there are others here, but I really didn't expect to see any during my limited travels.

Truthfully, I don't have much desire to meet or hang out with other CDs. And dressing is something I only do in the privacy of my own home or motel room when on vacation. And I think my clear tonail polish with little hologram sparkles that I got at Hot Topic is more of a giveaway than a rubber band on my wrist. But I liked the opportunity to give a stealth signal today.

My band was orginally a "complaint free world" band, but I turned it inside out so the message wasn't seen. Maybe we should pick a specific color for next year. Maybe even come up with some kind of symbol or not so obvious message to be embossed on the band to show solidarity and see if the forum would allow distribution information on the site.

JOJO44
11-14-2009, 02:15 AM
Nada, Zilch, Zero.

I had such high hopes

Cat

How do you know she was not one of us?

Keely
11-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Well at least we tried. I didn't see anyone else in all my travels yesterday.

I did keep up the spirit and bought some clothes at Kohl's though.

Stephanie Stephens
11-14-2009, 07:36 AM
Spend the afternoon at the old Annapolis Mall and a few other places and didn't see anyone with a rubber band on their wrist. Wife and I were in Lane Bryant and the sales lady told me that where I was looking, the clothes would not fit my wife. I asked her what made her think I was looking for my wife? Oh the look she had on her face was priceless.

I just love that.

Stephenie S
11-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Well, lots of people saw ME, as I just lived my life as I always do.

Hi, everyone.

Amy Lynn3
11-14-2009, 09:09 AM
I think our problem of not seeing more people with rubberbands on is because it was Friday the 13th. We forgot the bad luck thing playing a part in this.

My day started with putting on a wide, flaming red rubberband. Went to a business meeting that lasted till 11AM. Nothing there. Next stop was the carwash. Plenty of guys, but without rubberbands on. Next stop...Salvation Army Thrift shop. I checked out all the girl cloths and all the male wrist. Nothing to report there. On to Wal Mart. While going down a food isle I hear a guy say goodmorning....as I turned to look I saw a rubberband on his wrist. He did not want to stop and talk, so I went over to another department. You know the one that sells all those panties and stuff. Nothing there but gg's and me. Next stop was inside Walgreens. By myself there to, other than me holding my rubberband under the nose of the SA. Thought her bf might cd...nope!! Next stop...gas station for a fill up. Nothing to report. Next stop was the Dry Cleaners. It was a strike out there to, so all in all was not a bad day.

I'm leaving now to go to yard sales. Never know what girls cloths one might find !

StephanieC
11-14-2009, 09:13 AM
I guess I missed the memo on this.

bianncats
11-14-2009, 09:44 AM
but like others my wife did ask.

NathalieX66
11-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Ok...ok, I almost started a new post on this issue but I decided to just say it here.
Number one, why are we committing ourselves to being spotted one day of the year with a rubber band if we are going out? I mean, we already have Hallween, but that does not necessarily make the point known.
CD'ers day seems mutually exclusive to those on this forum. Personally, I think it's safe to say most of us saw no one, hooray for those who were lucky enough. The good thing is we got a better grasp of the mathematics here. It just seems we went on a fishing expedition and casted our nets and lines in the narrowest area possible.
Maybe we should just include the other 364 days of the year. No one needs to meet really, but just get a better collective sense:taom: . ...or you can just say 'bah, who cares!'

Ugly Michele
11-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Never saw another but was working (nights) slept during the day.

Samantha Kelsey
11-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Had mine on but didn't realize you had to wear it in your WRIST. I kept wondering how others would see it, till I looked down! Oops!
Didn't see anyone else wearing one though.

Frédérique
11-14-2009, 11:07 AM
So.... Anyone actually see someone today?

I was out and about, and I saw no other participants. I didn’t even see any women dressed as women, but that’s par for the course around here…:sad:

I had my hair cut at the local barber shop yesterday, and the barber (a man) noticed my pink bracelet (I always wear it, BTW). He reached in his back pocket and showed me his pink rubber band, neatly circling his wallet – apparently he was too “manly” to wear it on his wrist. I looked at his, and then I showed him mine, which says “share beauty.” I was going to tell the barber about the alternative interpretations of a pink bracelet on one’s wrist, but I noticed the man’s numerous hunting photos stuck on the nearby mirror, and I thought better of it…:eek:

I just had a thought -- I wonder if my barber secretly wishes to be a lumberjack, and, therefore, a transvestite?

NV Susan
11-14-2009, 11:24 AM

I didn't see anyone with a rubber band on their wrist yesterday, but I'm going to the post Office to mail some packages today.....I'll have one on again today and see what happens. :det:

Sandy Banks
11-14-2009, 11:35 AM
No one out there.....if there were only a couple hundred posts here, what do you think the odds would have been????:sad:

Jacky Aikou
11-14-2009, 11:46 AM
But didn't get out to the mall until around 6 last night, and it was mostly teens and families. I wore a rubber band with pink higlighter scribbled on it, but had to keep fussing with my shirt sleeve to keep it from obscuring the band. Maybe next year I'll just crossdress and get out there on Crossdressers Day! :daydreaming: That would be novel! And no worries of pink rubber bands rubbing off on my threads! :D

Maybe we should just include the other 364 days of the year. No one needs to meet really, but just get a better collective sense

I agree, Nathalie! A CD Week, at least, might raise our chances of spotting a kindred spirit. Or maybe CD Fridays? :D

girl_in_pantyhose
11-14-2009, 11:50 AM
i missed the memo too! maybe we need to extend this for a week! I think 7 days is a lot better chance of seeing each other. who do i need to talk to to get this changed?(as if there was a person!)

Jonelle
11-14-2009, 12:01 PM
i had contact with almost 200 clients yesterday... was wearing mine, none of them were however, my hope is maybe they were just not participating..

Lorileah
11-14-2009, 12:15 PM
maybe we need a week or a month instead. Day, especially this time of year in the northern hemisphere, are too short.

If we take a month, lets choose one with 31 days in it

Fab Karen
11-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Too funny but mine did too!! Mater of fact all the postal workers at the branch I use did too!! Omg. The postal service only hires crossdressers!!

More likely because they use rubber-bands in their work. I've seen bunches of mail wrapped in a rubber-band, for example.

sherri52
11-14-2009, 03:45 PM
My store has been pretty quiet today. Didn't expect to see and bands anyway.

SherriePall
11-14-2009, 03:46 PM
I forgot to wear mine. My deepest apologies! If some others forgot to wear their's, then that would help to explain why so few were seen.

DeniseNJ
11-14-2009, 04:08 PM
I wore mine, a bright orange one ....Nope didn't see anyone either , and I went a few places the elusive crossdresser.

BethCD
11-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Thursday evening my wife were out, stopped at a rite-aid. I said I need some rubber bands while she looked elsewhere.
Wore several all day Friday. We went out to eat Fri. night and she asked me why I was wearing the bands. I said I'll tell you later wishing to avoid a potential noisy conversation. After about 5 minutes she whispers to me, smiling, is it National Crossdressers Day? She nailed it !!:D

Beth

EveMarie
11-14-2009, 10:36 PM
The one day I get stuck at home rearranging my living room! Outside is cold and raining, and the busses don't run on the weekends (mine anyway) I wore a black hairband on my wrist anyway, and so what if I looked in the mirror several hundred times :battingeyelashes:

My sweety's just wait for January 30th International CD day is coming (at least according to "Laura's Playground") :D

Jodi M
11-15-2009, 08:49 AM
I was out enfemme at the Eastwood mall on Friday eve as well as the Borders and Perkins Restaurant and Walmart. I had a nice wide green rubber band on but saw no one else with a band. Kind of disapointed!

bianncats
11-15-2009, 08:57 AM
The possibility of seeing a friend at the exact moment in the place we happen to be at that time are very minute. I think the percentage of us is so small (10 percent of the population, maybe) that it is nearly impossible to see a friend.

I did proudly wear mine and definitely rolled up my sleeves to show when I was in public.

Did anyone wear a tighter rubber band so that they were constantly reminded it was there? I did.

b

allisonrn06
11-15-2009, 09:02 AM
I had wanted to participate in this, but forgot about wearing the band or looking for it. I'm curious though, did any of you who belong to other forums, chatrooms etc, put the word out there? I think probably the reason so few were spotted is that there just weren't enough people who knew about it.

Sarah Doepner
11-15-2009, 10:37 AM
I didn't see anyone with a rubber band on their wrist and forgot to ask if anyone at the TriEss meeting had even heard of this. Their wrists were all covered with bracelets and stylish watches on anyway, so I don't know if any of them were crossdressers. :doh:

Patty
11-15-2009, 11:25 AM
wore a orange band all day but did not see any others :sad:

Stephanie-L
11-15-2009, 12:08 PM
I wore an ordinary rubber band all day and no one, not even my wife noticed it. We were out more than usual, went to Grapevine Mills Mall, walked the whole mall and had dinner there. I did see one or two people who had "message" bands on the left wrist (ala Lance Armstrong but different colors) so I couldn't be sure about them but that was it. I did however see LOTS of really cute dresses, and a few nice pairs of shoes, LOL. This was posted in otner CD forums I read so I think it got pretty good distribution amoung the CD's who are active enough to interact with others about it, don't forget that we have lots of sisters out there who are so in the closet that they don't even interact onb the WWW. So, my opinion, if even a few sisters here spotted someone, it was a success, and hope for more next year....Stephanie

Marcie R.
11-15-2009, 12:13 PM
I had a purple rubber band on my wrist and was shopping in a mall in London Ontario, Canada, with my wife. She is unaware of my crossdressing. We were in the food court enjoying lunch, when, another couple of women passed by us. I noticed one of the women had a brown rubber band on her wrist. I excused myself from my wife and passed by this women with the rubber band on my way to get a refill of coffee. As I passed, I caught her eye and tapped the band on my wrist. She smiled and tapped her's and we carried on our way. I would have loved to chat with her but with the circumstances as they were, we not able to make contact.
Marcie R.:sad:

IamSara
11-15-2009, 02:48 PM
I was traveling from the south to NYC through 3 different airports. Had mine on but saw no one else and no one said anything to me.
Sarah :rose2:

claire2454
11-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Well i must say ididnt see anyone and no one came up to me to say hi. :sad:

but i did go to a friends for coffee and told her about this site so i hope she will join soon.

lol claire

Sam-antha
11-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Amazing!! ... I think we just proved that we don't exist.. Since no one saw any of us? Lol. Were a figmen of our own imagination!!

I did not know that we were fig men. Anyway I spent the day in bed in case.

~S~

Toni_Lynn
11-15-2009, 04:19 PM
noticed one of the women had a brown rubber band on her wrist. I excused myself from my wife and passed by this women with the rubber band on my way to get a refill of coffee. As I passed, I caught her eye and tapped the band on my wrist. She smiled and tapped her's and we carried on our way.

This is one of those funny things that has me imagining that if we were back the days of the Cold War, some KGB spy would is now be wondering around muttering, 'I got signal but vhere is drop of microfilm of nuclear wessels. It is not there where signal showed it vould be'

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

linnea
11-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Me too--I wore my CD wristband (aka rubber band) and saw no one else with a wristband. Mine was a fairly large rubber band, easy to notice. Oh, well, I still think that it was a good idea.

cdkrista
11-15-2009, 06:46 PM
I had mine on and didn't see anyone else wearing one.
Kind of bummed about that.

Annette_boy
11-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Hi everyone
Wore mine, did not see another rubber band. I am a 24/7 girl these days and did see a number of crossdressers. A social group of us here in Baltimore had a Fri 13th party fri night so it was a mixed result. I was only one with a rubber band.
We should however keep doing it every year and add some other days as well I will wear mine for rest of month.
Hugs Annette

Jodi M
11-16-2009, 12:31 AM
We don't have to wear rubber bands. in the past two years I have seen other CDs out shopping while I was in drab. Never when I was enfemme although.I was in a 2nd hand store and saw a CD going through the clothes racks. She was over 6 ft tall even without the 3 inch heels she was wearing so she caught your eye immediately. I admired her courage for being out when it was so hard for her to pass and I keep a photo of myself in a dress in my wallet that I thought about walking up and showing to her but I didn't know if she would feel comfortable being approached so I did not do it. Another time I encountered a young person ,a feminine looking male who I thought looked to be in transition so I showed him/her my photo and asked if he was transitioning to female and he said yes. We had a nice talk and I wished her good luck and happiness in her Transition. I think it was a nice encounter for both of us.