PDA

View Full Version : i took a step forward

lilmissjenny
11-13-2009, 10:59 PM
so tonite i decided that i was gonna go out for a bit dressed up. i was nervous as hell. i got all dressed up and decided to just drive around for a bit. it was pretty interesting although i was pretty nervous since this was my first time. heres a pic of me in my car:

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz43/lilmissjenny/100_6949.jpg

i drove around for a bit more dressed up and stopped and decided to snap a pic of me head to toe. heres the pic:

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz43/lilmissjenny/100_6954.jpg

i took a change of drab clothes with me and changed before i went into Walmart. ok, so im too scared to go into Walmart dressed up....lol. i went in there for the sole purpose of finding me something a bit sexy but i chickened out because i kept getting alot of weird looks from women in there. i left there and changed back into my femme attire and drove thru the main part of town where i live. it was exciting yet i was a nervous wreck. i didnt turn my head or anything, just kept looking forward...lol. anyways, so im pretty excited i took my first step tonite!! i probably wouldnt be so nervous to go in somewhere if i had a fellow cd'er here in Fort Wayne. thats it and thanks for looking!!!

boardpuppy
11-14-2009, 01:12 AM
I understand the nervusness, we've all been there and felt the same thing. The next time you get the desire to go out, do so but plan on going to a town where you aren't know and don't worry about being seen or read. Take in the night life and enjoy yourself. As the old saying goes, "the pink fog will engluf you" the next thing you know you will be on cloud 9.

Hugs,
Alice

AlisonRenee
11-14-2009, 01:32 AM
the "pink fog"...

My ventures out have been at night, also. Got so very bold once that I went to the local post office, lobby open all night, and went in en femme to mail letters and buy stamps. I was so nervous getting out of the car that my exit was a lot less than graceful. If anyone had actually been there I'd have flashed a lot of panty on that exit. But it still felt nice.

This past summer, on a road trip, I actually went public for the first time. I'd planned the overnight stop in this town and looked up possible CD/TG friendly clubs. Went to one in drab, checked out the crowd, and asked a bartender if we girls were welcome there.

Being assured that was no problem, I hustled back to my room, got dressed and did my makeup, and went back to the club.

Parked behind the club, lots of people outside smoking... I gathered my courage, picked up my purse, got out of the car and there I was. Outside, in public, in view of strangers as a woman for the first time ever. Scary and exciting all at once.

So I walked purposefully across the parking lot in my 3" heels, through the door and into the club. A few glances, nothing hostile... went to the bar, sat down, crossed my legs, put my purse on the bar and ordered a drink.

The bartender served me up and said "thank you, ma'am." That just felt so... good.

Even got hit on, by a rather flamboyant gay man who said he comes there often, in drag, as a stage performer.

The attention was nice, but that's not why I was there, as I told him... I was there to experience this for the first time and enjoy letting Ali come out to breathe.

Driving back after a couple of drinks, with the windows and sunroof open and wind blowing all around me (including up my skirt - there's an added benefit) I experienced that pink fog. What a sense of well-being that really is!

Never really appreciated the expression "pink fog" before, but I know that feeling now. It's really rather sweet.

Samantha Girl
11-14-2009, 07:00 AM
Congratulations Jenny! :D It is scary and thrilling right?! It does take a certain amount of corage, good for you! :)

I did a drive around town one night myself, it was weird. Wound up panicking and busting my ass trying to run to my house! :p Finally walked around as a girl in public on Halloween. Sure it was Halloween but it was kinda overwhelming nonetheless!

I too now understand the pink fog feeling... it's so niiiiiice! :D

' gets sad as he looks at the hair growing back on his legs ' :p

PretzelGirl
11-14-2009, 09:28 AM
so tonite i decided that i was gonna go out for a bit dressed up. i was nervous as hell. i got all dressed up and decided to just drive around for a bit. it was pretty interesting although i was pretty nervous since this was my first time.

Way to go Jenny! The first steps don't have to be huge, they just have to be there. So are you a bundle of energy ready to go again? :D

DiannaRose
11-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Well done, Jenny!

I haven't gone out en femme yet at all, but I regularly underdress, I was nervous about *that* the first few times, too. :)

I'm finding that the more I go shopping in the women's (and intimates!) section, the more confident I get, and I think that's showing to the other patrons. People can sense nervousness, and that makes them uncomfortable, and makes them wonder about your reasons for being there. But if you go in certain and confident and uncaring about what others are wondering, I think most people will just ignore you. After all, there are also a hundred legitimate reasons you could be there. The other day I simply pretended I was looking for a sweater for my wife--I was looking for me, of course--and I don't think I got more than a passing glance.

That's a bit harder when you're shopping for "delicates", though. But again, could you not just as legitimately be looking for something for your girlfriend or wife?

There will always be someone out there who thinks ill of you, but I believe more people just don't care why you're shopping. Some may even be cool with it. Which ones is it better to imagine are in the store with you? :)

And for going out en femme...I understand that gets easier, too. I believe it's the same "be confident and uncaring" idea. :)

Frédérique
11-14-2009, 10:27 AM
anyways, so im pretty excited i took my first step tonite!! i probably wouldnt be so nervous to go in somewhere if i had a fellow cd'er here in Fort Wayne. thats it and thanks for looking!!!

Your story and photos remind me of my own first tentative steps out into the real world, Jenny! Congratulations are in order -- from now on you’ll be seeking out opportunities for more excursions as your femme self. It is nerve-wracking, isn’t it? When I first started I had no CD reference material of any kind, and no friends for support, so you’re a lucky girl! Driving around dressed is exhilarating, and I know you’ll want to do it more and more – when you feel confident, embolden yourself and try going out during the day. Each little step you make contributes to a level of confidence you may only dream about now, so keep moving along in your feminine quest like a true heroine. I’ve never been caught while out and about all dolled up, and I’ve been doing this for years. I mean, I’m discrete as a girl can be, but I think you’ll find that going out is easy to do, once you actually make the effort. BTW, I’ve been quite near Ft. Wayne during my numerous travels as Freddy, so I’ll be thinking about you next time I go by on Interstate 69…:battingeyelashes:

…and wind blowing all around me (including up my skirt - there's an added benefit) I experienced that pink fog. What a sense of well-being that really is!

Oh, I love that feeling of air blowing around where it normally doesn’t (ah, skirts…:daydreaming:)! The sense of well-being or “pink fog” one experiences is hard to explain, but it’s my raison d’etre…

lilmissjenny
11-14-2009, 11:15 AM
thanks for the awesome responses everyone. it was on of the most exhlirating experiences of my life and i cant wait to do it again! i think i just need to get over my nervousness a bit about being dressed up (as well as the shopping but i can overcome that easily i think). m ready to do it again soon. i may even do it again tonite!! i cant wait!!!

Rachel Morley
11-14-2009, 11:23 AM
I think most people (me included) start off with a "dress and drive" as their first time out. It takes a bit of courage if you've never done it before and so kudos to you for taking the first step. :hugs:

What are your plans for next time? A skirt and heels perhaps? More makeup maybe? I agree, going into Walmart dressed en femme for your first ever time out in a public place takes some guts. I know I didn't have the nerve to do it ... not on my first time out I didn't :)

lilmissjenny
11-14-2009, 11:29 AM
I think most people (me included) start off with a "dress and drive" as their first time out. It takes a bit of courage if you've never done it before and so kudos to you for taking the first step. :hugs:

What are your plans for next time? A skirt and heels perhaps? More makeup maybe? I agree, going into Walmart dressed en femme for your first ever time out in a public place takes some guts. I know I didn't have the nerve to do it ... not on my first time out I didn't :)

someone suggested i take in a matinee movie one afternoon when there isnt alot of interaction with people so i think ima do that sometime. im going to drive around a bit en femme a bit more first so that i can build my courage up to go to the movies. as far as outfit goes, i dunno yet what im going to do but in the pic im wearing girls jeans (size 7) as well as a girls top and hoodie. makeup is going to be done too im not wearing any in the pics. i dunno how to do it but i got a tutorial sent to me on doing it. but thats my gam plan when i go out to the movies dressed up.

AlisonRenee
11-14-2009, 11:30 AM
This would make an interesting thread on its own - first times out in the world as our femme selves. Everyone must have something unique to say and share.

There must also be countless stories of dress and drives gone horribly wrong.

A few years ago there was a long, high speed chase across three counties in this area, carried on local TV, with helicopters, the whole deal, this was broad daylight during rush hour. When the perp was finally stopped, he was still dressed partially en femme, including elbow-length evening gloves, and the cameras in the helcopters captured it all live.

I hate to think this may have been some poor girl's venture out into the world. Probably did some minor traffic violation out of nervousness, a cop tried to stop her, she panicked and ran, perhaps. That would be enough to put a girl back behind closed doors for good.