PDA

View Full Version : What a load of, . . . . fur!

Kathi Lake
11-14-2009, 04:20 PM
As my wife doesn't like me to get rid of my soft, downy coat until mid-November, I figured that today was close enough!

I thought that instead of going the shaving route, that I'd try waxing. I bought a body-sugaring kit (kind of like wax) after a recommendation from one of my Ulta buddies who was doing my wife's and daughter's hair last night (I don't think my wife knows that Jen knows Kathi). I heated the wax, smoothed it on a big ol' hunk of hair right on the side of my leg (in a place so obvious that I couldn't chicken out and would have to finish), applied the cloth strip and rrrrriiiiip!

Hm. That's it? That's all the pain there is?! Psh! This is nothing!! Bring it on!

Well, after using every strip in the kit and almost all of the wax, my legs are now sleek and smooth (and sticklike - but that's another issue). Mmmmmmm!

Reading that the strips were reusable, and being the cheapo I am, I rinsed them in hot water and all the wax (and hair - Oh God, the hair!) went down the sink. Nice!

Well, it would have been nice if the sink hadn't stopped up. I guess it's time to find my plumber's tools (wrench, bucket, crack, putty and the like) and unclog the sink. Honestly, I'd like to "test drive" the new fur-free legs and unclog the sink in a skirt and pumps, but the kids at home makes that idea a non-starter.

So, who else is newly sleek?

Kathi

Keely
11-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Kathi I did the deed about 6 weeks ago. As soon as it started to get cool.

I had been keeping the leg hair trimmed short so it wasn't that drastic a change.
I do the epilator and love how they feel.

Get that drained cleaned out? Smooth legs and clean pipes, can't beat that!

sherri52
11-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Legs are smooth now but I still have plans to do stomach and chest again tommorrow.

SusanCACD
11-14-2009, 05:26 PM
I tried re-using the cloth strips, didn't work, for me anyway. I love how smooth my legs are though!!!

Susan

pattyv
11-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Kathi: What is the name of the kit?

Kathi Lake
11-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Don't be cheap?! You might as well tell me not to breathe or not to wear pretty clothes! If you ask any of my kids what the family slogan is, they'll reply, "Mommy and Daddy are cheap tightwads!" :)

The name of the kit is the Parissa body-sugaring kit. The cloth strips are that kind of Tyvek cloth/paper stuff. Once they're washed and dried, they are just like new and work great.

Kathi

lilmissjenny
11-14-2009, 06:05 PM
how much was the kit and where did you buy it at?

Alice B
11-14-2009, 06:12 PM
I just went in and paid to have my legs, etc waxed. Love the feeling. Tried to do it once by myself, but was awful at it and it was too messy. So, no clogged sink to worry about.

Diane Douglas
11-14-2009, 06:50 PM
I don't know anything about the sugarring kit, but for the clogged drain, if you have time, pour some bleach down the drain. It will eat the hair and the sink will drain wonderfully. My barber told about that trick. Better than Liquid Plumber or Draino.

johnboy23
11-14-2009, 07:13 PM
I just got done shoaving after five days of stubly legs

Leslie Langford
11-14-2009, 07:26 PM
...Well, it would have been nice if the sink hadn't stopped up. I guess it's time to find my plumber's tools (wrench, bucket, crack, putty and the like) and unclog the sink. Honestly, I'd like to "test drive" the new fur-free legs and unclog the sink in a skirt and pumps, but the kids at home makes that idea a non-starter...

...looks as if Persephone beat you to the punch on that one with the recent thread she started...:heehee::eek:

To wit:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118679

Kathi Lake
11-14-2009, 07:51 PM
how much was the kit and where did you buy it at?The kit was about 6-8 dollars. I bought it at my favorite candy store - Ulta! They also let me buy a cute brush by Ed hardy. They're not supposed to go on sale until tomorrow, but I was in the store Friday night and Britney asked the manager if it would be OK to sell it early. She said no from the back room. Britney said, "But it's Kathi." The manager said to go ahead and sell it to me. Who needs a bar where everybody knows your name - I have a makeup store! :)

I just went in and paid to have my legs, etc waxed. Love the feeling. Tried to do it once by myself, but was awful at it and it was too messy. So, no clogged sink to worry about.You know, I just might do that next time. The calisthenics and physics involved in spreading the wax on parts of your leg that you almost can't see makes it a pain in the nether regions. How much do you usually pay, Alice?

Kathi

Karen7cd
11-14-2009, 07:58 PM
I have been smooth since Halloween. After I used clippers to get the bulk of it I used my
quad-4. Now I just do it almost every day in the shower. The SO likes hair but if I lotion
after the legs are smooth and soft. I had never done the pits before. Now they are done every shower too. I only do the chest if the outfit demands it. If she want to feel hair there always my back...
Karen

subwrx
11-14-2009, 09:38 PM
I completely shaved my legs for the first time Wednesday. I just finished shaving them again a minute ago for the same reason. It's finally getting cold and let me tell you it is great or like you said Mmmmmmm.

Last year I shaved just the tops of my legs. (from the knee up) but this year I figured what the h#$%.

I love skirts and stockings so I am keeping the shaved all winter long. Maybe I'll wax next year.

:):thumbsup:

Nataliebabe
11-14-2009, 09:46 PM
shave? i did it back about labor day, then dressing up and everything else lost it`s luster and hasn`t returned. i`m good and fury everywhere including my beard! now I won`t have to worry about my hunting buddies finding out that I shave my body. i`m usually smooth by now , but not this year. oh well.

Philipa Jane
11-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Hey Kathi.
Welcome to the best thing since sliced bread.
I did go through the stage of waxing my own legs but as you say the twisting and turning to get to the out of site places is very much a pain.
The beauty parlour is so much easier and they do a good job.
Cost of the home wax is about $15.00 AUD and the salon just for full leg is $35 AUD.
I got them to do legs,chest,abdomen and under arms last time and that set me back $75 AUD.
Still it is only once per month.

Laura_Stephens
11-15-2009, 09:20 AM
I am hairless neck to toes 365.25 days per year.

Misty G
11-15-2009, 10:17 AM
I keep my whole body hair free year round

karen68
11-15-2009, 10:25 AM
I am hairless neck to toes 365.25 days per year.

Me too can't stand hair anymore now:)

Sarah Doepner
11-15-2009, 11:49 AM
I started thinning my leg hair with an epilator about a year and a half ago. Just a slow process that never seemed to attract any attention. Now my legs are nearly smooth in the summer and shaved in the winter. It seemed like it was taking forever to accomplish, but I wanted the people that normally saw my legs poking out of shorts in the summer to see them before I moved to the next level.

Sara Jessica
11-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Oh you hide it well Kathi. I thought you were fur-free all year round. Either way, so glad you are able to get back to "normal" this time of year!

Kathi Lake
11-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Oh you hide it well Kathi. I thought you were fur-free all year round. Either way, so glad you are able to get back to "normal" this time of year!Thanks, my incredibly gorgeous friend! :)

Usually when I go out shopping, I ask the ladies there what I'm doing right, and where I could improve. Michelle at WH/BM usually tells me to get rid of the fur! I can hide it with hose and leggings, but up close, you can tell that Sasquach lives!

Kathi

jenniferj
11-17-2009, 11:50 AM
"I am hairless neck to toes 365.25 days per year. "

Since Ms. Hutton didn't pick up on it, I'll be the smarty pants...:battingeyelashes:

So you are hairy one day every hundred years?

Don't thank me, thank Pope Gregory the whateverth...

-jj

Kathi Lake
11-17-2009, 11:53 AM
"I am hairless neck to toes 365.25 days per year. "

Since Ms. Hutton didn't pick up on it, I'll be the smarty pants...:battingeyelashes:

So you are hairy one day every hundred years?

Don't thank me, thank Pope Gregory the whateverth...

-jj365.25 - wouldn't that be every four years? (I have a daughter that was born on Leap Day! I keep telling her that she can't date until she's five.) :)

Kathi

jenniferj
11-17-2009, 12:47 PM
The Julian calendar had a leap day every four years, but that is actually a little too often. The real rule for leap year is:

every year that is divisable by four is a leap year,
except every year that is divisable by 100 is NOT a leap year,
except every year divisable by 1000 is a leap year.

so 1996 was a leap year,
and 1900 was NOT a leap year,
but 2000 was a leap year.

BUT...

JJ was wrong in the original smarty-pants reply anyway. Laura actually has an extra hairless day almost every hundred years - that none of us have. There aren't quite 365.25 days in a year ... :heehee:

- jj (you can't take the girl out of the guy, but you can't take the geek-guy out of the girl either..._

Kathi Lake
11-17-2009, 01:17 PM
JJ was wrong in the original smarty-pants reply anywayThanks for the correction!

By the way, I noticed that you were referring to yourself in the third-person. Is that a geek thing too? :)

Kathi