PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Considering Going Out Dressed Up

Tanya83
11-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Maybe to a movie with my girlfriend.
I can only imagine how much the stare factor will be increased if I want to give her a kiss and put my arm around her. lol
What's some other suggestions for a CD? What would you do your first time?

Kathi Lake
11-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Tanya,

Move past the "consideration" stage and get to the "actually doing it" stage. It's really not that hard - especially with the company of your girlfriend.

As to where to go, I would ask your girlfriend where she wants to go and where she would be comfortable. It is the gentlemanly thing to do, of course. :)

Kathi

crossdressr87
11-14-2009, 05:55 PM
i havnt gone out dressed yet i want to but my hair isnt long enough yet i have to wait till im done w/ the army to grow it out ne ways as where to go its up 2 u and ur GF movie sounds good

lilmissjenny
11-14-2009, 06:02 PM
do it if you can! i dressed up last night and drove around en femme and enjoyed every second of it. i was a nervous wreck but i did it and cant wait to do it again!!

Tanya83
11-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Tanya,

Move past the "consideration" stage and get to the "actually doing it" stage. It's really not that hard - especially with the company of your girlfriend.

As to where to go, I would ask your girlfriend where she wants to go and where she would be comfortable. It is the gentlemanly thing to do, of course. :)

Kathi

Believe it or not she is actually encouraging it. Sometimes I think she has more fun with it than I do! lol

We talked about it and it's up to me where we go. I just need to get some accessories and breast forms then I'm good to go! :)

Tasha McIntyre
11-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Pick the time and place carefully Tanya, but beware - getting out and about is wickedly addictive.

Good luck.

Tash :)

AmberLynn
11-14-2009, 07:08 PM
me and my wife has also been planning a trip out., we were thinking about the chipmunks movie christmas night but like you im really nerves. a lot of people like the drive idea for a first outing but in the end it's is up to you and your girl where ever you go have a fabulus time :hugs:

Sally24
11-14-2009, 07:24 PM
For first time I would suggest a show or movie, if you two like that sort of thing. Also going out to a restaurant is always good for the first trip. If you're a little on the tall side, sitting makes us all the same height!:devil:

Just relax, look everyone in the eye, and smile....you're having fun!

And I have to agree. It is very addictive. If you're not ready to do this again and again, hold off on the first trip. It definitely won't be your last!

Sherry-Stephanie
11-14-2009, 07:56 PM
...Or you could always try going to a club preferably a "friendly club i.e. gay club and just go and go and blend in with everyone else there...at least for the first time...don't suggest the local biker/redneck bar if you know what I mean nor the under 30 bar with all the studs hanging out on the prowl....

Also suggest to you that you dress in a similar style of fashion...if she's going very causal the you do so as well...in other words don't wear the dress and pearls if she's wearing a blouse and jeans....

JMHO....

Karen7cd
11-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Go have fun and smile a lot.

joyce483
11-14-2009, 08:33 PM
for a first time i think a drive takes a lot of pressure off.

Salene
11-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Gay bars and Goth clubs are always safe havens for our kind (my first time out was to universal studios...I wouldn't recommend that! lol!!)

Also!!!! If your going with your girlfriend ur instinct will be to smother her when other ppl are around... it's the whole male dom thing.... But remember to make this comfortable for her as well!

subwrx
11-14-2009, 09:15 PM
I say go for it. Start with something easy to take the pressure off.

With your girlfriend supporting you, ya can't go wrong.

subwrx
11-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Oh ya,

And lut us know how it worked out.:thumbsup:

Missy Tanya
11-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Hi Tanya, I was in you shoes before, Not to long ago. I went to a TG support group meeting for the first time out. They were having a Christmas Party last year and I missed Halloween. So I got dolled up and walked right in. They accept me with open arms. Now almost a year later, I've been out in the public 12 times.
Carefull for what they say, its addicting. Just have fun, it will come easy.

Missy Tanya, PS, I like your name!!!

Shannen
11-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Maybe to a movie with my girlfriend.
I can only imagine how much the stare factor will be increased if I want to give her a kiss and put my arm around her. lol
What's some other suggestions for a CD? What would you do your first time?

Drive around, walk in a park, maybe a museum. Just do SOMETHING! :D

Movies are fun. And safe, it's dark after all...

Tanya83
11-15-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm gonna do it, just not sure when. But I'll definitely share how it went.
This may be one addiction I don't want to get over. lol

Now if I can just pick the perfect shoes....hmmm...decisions decisions....lol

NV Susan
11-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Hi Tanya,
You live is Florida, if your close to the beach how about a drive to the beach? If you feel comfortable going that far you could go onto a movie or a club.....just a thought.......but give it a go, you'll wish you had done it sooner!!!

Barbara918
11-15-2009, 10:32 AM
"Gay bars and Goth clubs are always safe havens for our kind..."

Although, as someone once pointed out, how can we convince society that we're not a bunch of wackos if we only go to "safe havens"?

Monica93304
11-15-2009, 02:10 PM
One of my first times out with my ex GF was on a Sunday afternoon. We went to a cocktail lounge which was "straight". Certainly got some looks from the guys outside as we walked in. And more attention on our way out. :heehee:

This pic is from that day...

ninapuella
11-15-2009, 02:20 PM
I also have my plans to go out dressed up. Next time I will get the possibility I think I will do it.
I wish you good luck!

weekend woman
11-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Tanya, go for it you will NOT regret it!!!!! If you want some place safe, go to a nail salon with your GF and get pedicures together you will both love it.

Tanya83
11-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Tanya, go for it you will NOT regret it!!!!! If you want some place safe, go to a nail salon with your GF and get pedicures together you will both love it.

Yes we have done the pedicures and I'm so hooked on them!

I can't wait to do this!!

We're both divorced parents and the responsibilities kinda make it hard to get all dolled up on the weekends. I think our next kid free weekend is not until after Thanksgiving. So I have this small window of opportunity. Hope I don't chicken out! lol

Salene
11-15-2009, 06:21 PM
"Gay bars and Goth clubs are always safe havens for our kind..."

Although, as someone once pointed out, how can we convince society that we're not a bunch of wackos if we only go to "safe havens"?

This was advice for a first time out.... :bonk: Should crawl before you run.