PDA

View Full Version : Testosterone Test

girlalex
11-14-2009, 06:36 PM
im already in my early twenties and i pretty much don't have any facial hair with just a small mustach and some chin hair if i actually let it grow. i also have little to no body hair, which is something im really happy about since it goes really well with my cding. so i was thinking i might have low testosterone also because of other symptoms like anxeity, depression, low libido and fatige. any ideas how much a testosterone test is?

Barbara Dugan
11-14-2009, 06:47 PM
I had all those symptoms minus the little facial hair, my general doctor ordered a test when I told her that also my breasts were growing .I dont remember how much it cost because was covered by insurance I know that people on roids get tested on their own by independent labs just google it but I think you should get a complete hormone profile not just testosterone:hugs:

Karen564
11-14-2009, 07:13 PM
I would seek some professional help for the anxiety/depression, so get to the bottom of those issues 1st, the rest will most likely be cured..

Myself having some Scandinavian genes, I never had much body or facial hair either at your age.. which was a huge blessing..

:hugs:

DiannaRose
11-14-2009, 09:13 PM
I used to be a trifle on the sparse side, hairily speaking, but I found a sure cure for it...middle age. :)

I've never had a strong libido, either. Recently my wife was talking about a lesbian friend of hers who, she said, "is way more manly than" I. :)

Part of me wants to be more manly for her, but a bigger part of me is afraid she's going to try to change me to *be* more manly. :)

RADER
11-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Hormone's are nothing to play with. To much of one or the other, or lack
of them can cause cancer. Go see your Doctor, and have him do a blood
work-up on you. You will be glad you did. Rader

Tess
11-14-2009, 09:28 PM
I've had my testosterone level tested but it was covered by insurance so I have no idea what it cost. In my case the test was ordered because I have osteoporosis which can be caused by low testosterone in males. Mine tested just fine.

Christinedreamer
11-14-2009, 11:51 PM
I paid cash for my test as I have no insurance currently. It was around 400.00/

Funny thing is the doc balked when I said I thought it might be low be agreed to test me anyway.

The low end of the expected range for a guy at age 55 is 248. Mine was 74.
I guess it is a tad low. The doc said he had never tested anyone with such a low baseline.

No wonder I like such girly stuff.

Karren H
11-15-2009, 12:04 AM
Don't know the cost... My insurance covers an anual blood test... When mine gets trashed I quit crossdressing and have no sex drive at all.. When its high both come back.. You need tp get it checked out because low labido can be a symptom of something more serious... In my case it was a brain tumor..

docrobbysherry
11-15-2009, 12:36 AM
I paid cash for my test as I have no insurance currently. It was around 400.00/

Funny thing is the doc balked when I said I thought it might be low be agreed to test me anyway.

The low end of the expected range for a guy at age 55 is 248. Mine was 74.
I guess it is a tad low. The doc said he had never tested anyone with such a low baseline.

No wonder I like such girly stuff.

I was over 50, and concerned about my lack of sex drive, so my doc suggested the tost test!
It came back over 250. And my sex drive eventually CAME BACK!:devil:

sterling12
11-15-2009, 02:50 AM
Karren is oh so right! Your symptoms could be caused by a number of different problems. What you are describing is serious, especially in a person so young.

If it were me, I wouldn't wait around for A National Health Insurance Plan. It's not going to be cheap, but you need to see a Doc!

Peace and Love, Joanie

girlalex
11-15-2009, 03:28 AM
let me clerify myself a bit. the symptoms yes i know they are usually a serious case but with me the anxiety and the depression was a phase where i was really confused about many things that went on with my life including my gander confusion and a lot of stress. first of all i was and still am somewhat home sick well "college sick" lol. all of my friends are at another state going to school and im back home with my parents and i miss my friends alot. long story. anyways my friends are like family to me so it was emotionally really hard setteling back with the old mentality but im fine now, i actually feel much better. and the low libido i have is actually rather different, i just didn't explain myslef well enough. see the thing is i have a very very low libido when i look at a very very pretty girl. but when i see a handsome guy my libido is through the roof lol

Karen564
11-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Ummmmm, So what your saying is your big head wants one thing, but your little head wants another..
I used to always say not to let the little head do the thinking, it'll just get you in trouble, but in this case, maybe you should, and then it may teach the big head a little more about yourself..
And since you mentioned having gender issues, well, I do think that should be explored further in this case..
Have you checked out the TS section??, if not, check it out, maybe you can get some answers in there that may help..
My sisters & myself would be happy to help you in anyway we can..

:hugs:

girlalex
11-15-2009, 02:24 PM
you're absolutly right, thanks for the advice:)

Yolanda_Voils
11-15-2009, 05:50 PM
I had a small lump in my right breast when I was 22 or so.

I grew almost no facial hair but had a robust libido.
One injection of testerone had me in a full beard, still no chest hair though.

years later a low libido reported to my GP Doctor showed a very low hormone level.

I used Testim topical for a while with some positive results.

Playing with Estrogen later on [for 3 months] KILLED my libido [DUH] which is still recovering after 4 years..

A simple blood test my confirm, what the others said my have warrant too.

Price,, No idea as insurance paid..

Call and ask..