PDA

View Full Version : I just spent a "G" on clothes--why am I so sad?

JaytoJillian
11-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Cause it was ALL guy stuff! I'ts been a while since I've bought any new men's clothing, so I picked up a couple of suits, some ties, shirts and shoes. I am sooooooo bummed because if I had spent half of that or even less, I could have found some fabulous things for Jill to wear. Oh well, anyone else hate buying menswear?

Salene
11-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Cause it was ALL guy stuff! I'ts been a while since I've bought any new men's clothing, so I picked up a couple of suits, some ties, shirts and shoes. I am sooooooo bummed because if I had spent half of that or even less, I could have found some fabulous things for Jill to wear. Oh well, anyone else hate buying menswear?

Not really, I can't be in drag 24/7 but I do always want to look fabulous no matter which gender i'm repin'.

Elizebeth
11-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Yes, because men stuff is no fun. All the pretty stuff in the other section. And mens is for work and who likes to work

Kari Lynn Franks
11-14-2009, 09:59 PM
my wife has been trying to get me to buy some new guys shirts all I have to say is EEEEEEEWWWWW

Miranda09
11-14-2009, 10:42 PM
I really have to get some new men's stuff, but I hate shopping for men's clothing...BORRRRRRINGGGGGGGGG!!!!! Shopping for women's clothing is so much more fun. Will have to strike a balance...somehow!!! :D

Karren H
11-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Doesn't bother me.. Funny though I have to take my wife along with me when I buy guy clothing... Other wise what I buy looks like crap.. So she is better at picking out mens clothing and I'm better at picking out womens! Yeah!! I also like to look good no mater how I'm dressed.

Barbara Jo
11-14-2009, 11:58 PM
I think it's actually very beneficial to get some men's stuff regularly.

Otherwise, you start to think it's "her" who get all the new clothes. It's "her" who gets to have all the fun, etc and "he" never gets anything.

it's not healthy phycologicly to ignore your male self while still having to function as a male at times.

NathalieX66
11-15-2009, 12:02 AM
...and here I am feeling guilty that I spend about $100 a month on MAC cosmetics.

Leslie Langford
11-15-2009, 12:41 AM
I can't remember the last time I bought any men's clothes except for a few pairs of socks recently because the old ones were starting to wear out, and I happened to stumble upon a clearance sale. I really have no interest at all in shopping in the Men's Departments - zip, zilch, zero, nil, goose egg, nada...

I leave it to family members to buy me shirts, sweaters, pants, ties, underwear etc. for Christmas, my birthday and Father's Day. Works out pretty well, actually, as they never know what to get me and I already have enough power tools, electronic gadgets, books, magazine subscriptions, DVDs, Blu-Rays and the like to last me 3 lifetimes.

docrobbysherry
11-15-2009, 01:22 AM
I spend ENDLESS HOURS looking for things for her.:daydreaming:

But, I NEVER buy men's things there! Wastes TOO MUCH TIME going thru all the racks to find the rite styles and sizes!:brolleyes: AND, it's SO BORING!:doh:

Veronica Lacey
11-15-2009, 01:34 AM
More fun to buy the silks and satins in pink, red, green, blue, yellow, ivory and white rather than mere cotton male duds in black, blue and grey. Always a thrill to pull on a pair of pink nylon panties with garter and stockings than a pair of male cotton briefs :)

ReineD
11-15-2009, 03:04 AM
Jillian, I felt the same way when I had to spend good money to have my driveway sealed. I was thinking about the killer shoes I could have gotten instead. :sad:

Jocelyn Quivers
11-15-2009, 09:22 AM
$1000.00 or $10.00 I dislike spending any amount on male clothes. My heart goes out to you Jillian, for I cry spending $6.00 on men's underware.