PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor Kid saw my painted toenails

Yolanda_Voils
11-15-2009, 06:00 PM
My g/f's 10 yr old boy had a few friends overnight.

Karate subject came up and I told one that I could kick over my head, even at my "OLD AGE"

So off comes the shoes and I do a front snap kick and I hear him say;

"Why are you wearing fingernail polish on your toes?"

Quickly I replied,
"aww the old lady thinks it's funny to paint my toes while I'm sleeping"

He seemed satisfied with my answer..

No further comments were made..

I hate to influence any underage folks..

Michelle S
11-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Quick thinking ... for an old timer! ;)

Jessica Who
11-15-2009, 07:20 PM
If they were black you coulda said that they were painted to match your karate belt ;) ... oh wait isn't red belt good too ?

Karren H
11-15-2009, 09:37 PM
In the second grade our teacher told us a story about a friend who used to paint her huisbands toe nails for fun and he was killed in a horific explostion... His toe nails were how they identified the body.. I had been crossdressing for years by then so that had no effect on me at all..

sherri52
11-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Quick recovery. Next time leave the sox on and do a roundhouse on the rug to keep from slipping.

AmberLynn
11-15-2009, 11:47 PM
good thinking,I have known many gg's that enjoy painting there men's toe nail's as some sort of turn on :hugs: really enjoyed them type of gg's

Lorileah
11-16-2009, 12:02 AM
How about "It's nail polish and I like the color and how it looks."

You would have influenced him for sure. By using the honesty is the best policy approach. We don't "recruit" TG's any more than gays "recruit" gays. The influence would have been this is who I am and there is nothing wrong with it.

And I really hope you didn't use the phrase "Old lady" :brolleyes: Now there is a real good role model, dissing your SO in front of kids. And this woman accepts your dressing when you treat her like that? Maybe you need to do something about sleeping so sound she can paint your nails?

donnatracey
11-16-2009, 02:29 AM
Sorry, the "quick thinking" was like shutting the barn door after the cows got out.....:D

I am pretty sure it got repeated by the kid (s) to his parents, friends, etc... Not the sort of "intel" I'd want floating around the neighborhood....of course, maybe I'm just paranoid.....:eek:

Frédérique
11-16-2009, 05:57 AM
Karate subject came up and I told one that I could kick over my head, even at my "OLD AGE"
I hate to influence any underage folks..

I don’t see what’s so wonderful about being able to kick anyone in the head – didn’t there used to be a thing called “respect?” There was a guy named Mahatma Gandhi – you should look him up and get turned-on to non violence PRONTO. Sorry, but I don’t understand this head-kicking nonsense, and kids should be learning about communication, not confrontation, so start influencing them the right way…:hmph:

You would have influenced him for sure. By using the honesty is the best policy approach. We don't "recruit" TG's any more than gays "recruit" gays. The influence would have been this is who I am and there is nothing wrong with it.

Yeah, absolutely! I must say I like the idea of a kid being turned on by a confrontation with a crossdresser, if only to come to the realization that there are other ways to “be.” Obviously, it’s not “recruitment” per se – more like enlightenment, but it helps to be receptive to alternative ideas to begin with. Traveling with one’s friends, subject to pack-mentality thinking and peer pressure, will never help a prospective crossdresser to emerge…:battingeyelashes:

Jamie001
11-16-2009, 10:30 AM
I agree with Lorileah. The next time that you see the boy wear sandals so that he can see that you still have the nail polish on. Be honest about the nail polish and tell him that you like the nail polish on your toes and that you like the color. You can make a positive impact on the boy, but what you did by lying made a negative impact. We need to start being honest. The boy most likely didn't believe you at all. Don't be ashamed of why and what we are. There are a lot of mainstream actors and athletes, nascar drivers, etc that wear toenail polish. It is no big deal. Please tell the boy the true story.

:2c: Jamie

And I really hope you didn't use the phrase "Old lady" :brolleyes: Now there is a real good role model, dissing your SO in front of kids. And this woman accepts your dressing when you treat her like that? Maybe you need to do something about sleeping so sound she can paint your nails?

jenny01
11-16-2009, 10:56 AM
My gg enjoys painting my toes. So therefore mine are painted most of the time. She does let me pic the color. One time she insisted that they were painted pink. Who was I to argue? I loved it.
So living in Florida, I spend most of my time in flip-flops and many people see my toes. Nobody seems to care.

Aska
11-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Good answer my younger cousin saw mine and asked me the same thing on Sunday and wife plain as day said because I lost a dare

Lorileah
11-16-2009, 11:15 AM
There have been many threads about similar things and how you would respond. I am on the far fringe I guess with thinking that you just say "I like it." Deeper into that is "I like it, there is nothing wrong wit hit. Does it bother you and why?"

Losing a dare? Sleeping through it? Forgetting they are painted? Falling in a vat of nail polish? It only reinforces to you and the person you are speaking with that you feel the you are breaking some sort of law. You aren't.

So many times people here cry about not being accepted. How can you be accepted when you make up lies about why you do it? Do you think that most people are actually so gullible that they believe you lost a dare (and didn't take it off 20 minutes later) or when your wife painted them you could not go and get some polish remover?

It probably wasn't even mentioned at home. If it was the story was told that the female member of the house pulled something over on the male (if the exact story was told the parents, now they are thinking you lied and the question if you really are a role model for their kid).

Aska
11-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Yolanda might have done the right thing because if the child goes home and says something and the parents don't like it his Girlfriends son could lose friends. Unfortunately this does happen because not all people are accepting.

My wife did what she did because we are already the black sheep of my family so almost everyone icluding my sister, excluding my grandparents dad and my little cousins father already talk trash about me and my wife. In my family there are very few people that keep an open mind and closed mouth.

Some people have to have excuses to keep from hurting people or being hurt. Protecting some that you care for is a natural reaction if you do really care for them.

Jamie001
11-16-2009, 02:12 PM
You have got to be kidding? Wearing nail polish on your toes does not make you the neighborhood drug dealer or anything else that is illegal. It is not a big deal. Until we start accepting that we have a feminine side and not trying to hide it like we are doing something that is illegal, we will NEVER gain any acceptance. When women wear men's things they don't go around acting all guilty and trying to hide like they are breaking a law. Lies are much worse than the truth. No one will believe the lie that you "wife painted your nails" or "you lost a dare or bet". That is just lame. As folks with a feminine side we need to have some balls and stop hiding and acting like we are doing something wrong.

Someone said:

Yolanda might have done the right thing because if the child goes home and says something and the parents don't like it his Girlfriends son could lose friends. Unfortunately this does happen because not all people are accepting.

its_Marcus
11-16-2009, 02:13 PM
If I could contribute...I agree with some of you that it was quick thinking and a solid move. Because as stated above, some people are not at all accepting and a confrontational "honesty" move could have had unforseen consequences.

Unfortunately many people are still just too close-minded to accept that kind of honesty.

Jamie001
11-16-2009, 02:14 PM
If your relatives talk trash about you or treat you bad, then why continue to associate with them? It doesn't make sense to me. If they are relatives, then they need to treat you with respect, and respect is a two-way street. You can always tell them to "get lost" and don't come back. It is a lot better not to be a door mat.

My wife did what she did because we are already the black sheep of my family so almost everyone icluding my sister, excluding my grandparents dad and my little cousins father already talk trash about me and my wife. In my family there are very few people that keep an open mind and closed mouth.

Some people have to have excuses to keep from hurting people or being hurt. Protecting some that you care for is a natural reaction if you do really care for them.

Aska
11-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Please disregard this post

Aska
11-16-2009, 03:55 PM
If your relatives talk trash about you or treat you bad, then why continue to associate with them? It doesn't make sense to me. If they are relatives, then they need to treat you with respect, and respect is a two-way street. You can always tell them to "get lost" and don't come back. It is a lot better not to be a door mat.

My wife and I do avoid them as much as we can. But adding fuel to their fire is what we avoid the most. But this conversation is about someone else so please message me with any other felling you have on this

Jamie001
11-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Yes Marcus, you are right, and those close-minded people will continue to be close-minded until we get the balls to educate them rather than making excuses and hiding in the closet When women wear men's shirts, ties, shoes, or other fashion items they don't hide in the closet and make excuses. That is why is it now acceptable for them to do this. On the other hand, men do not have the courage to be honest and just say that they like wearing nail polish, or women's clothing. They just make up lame excuses or lies that no one believes anyway and this makes the situation worse for the rest of us. Be proud of who and what you are and don't make excuses. Get out there and just be yourself so that people can see that we are not weird and that we just have different fashion choices. When confronted you need to be a "man" or maybe a "big girl" and admit that you wear nail polish or women's clothing because you simply like it.

:2c: Jamie

If I could contribute...I agree with some of you that it was quick thinking and a solid move. Because as stated above, some people are not at all accepting and a confrontational "honesty" move could have had unforseen consequences.

Unfortunately many people are still just too close-minded to accept that kind of honesty.

Karen Born
11-18-2009, 10:58 AM
I just came back from Mexico (Mayan Rivera) and had my toes painted a copper and fingers painted light pink. No one seemed to care or even notice for that matter.

Most people are so busy in their own lives they barely have any time to notice you and if they do, so what? Even for dealin with kids, the notion of nail polish on your toes is an individual statment. I'd simply let them know I happen to like the color as well.... I don't think it would warp their minds and they would probably forget all about it 5 minutes afterwards.

O2B Barbara
11-18-2009, 07:35 PM
I started a couple of years ago to paint the nails. I have a neighbor that picks out the color, we even share polish back and forth. My wife thinks it is fun to do the painting and I have never worried about anyone seeing the colors. The best was this last Halloween where every other toe alternated black & orange. Got a lot of mileage with that combination. I also painted my finger nails glow-in-the-dark white at the same time. Work, dealing with customers and all, just totally enjoyed it! I guess I don't worry about it any more and just enjoy.

Vicki-Z
11-22-2009, 02:29 AM
Nice cover up. You are quick on you toes even with all that paint. lol