PDA

View Full Version : Children

Denise Jones
11-16-2009, 05:43 AM
How is it possible to xdress when there are children in the family. Some years ago, it was cold, and I decided to wear tights. One of my daughters came into the bedroom, saw me putting them on and went to her Mum and said, why is daddy wearing tights. It put me in a difficult position which was hard to explain rationally to her. It is I am sure a problem that a lot of us face.

Sheila
11-16-2009, 05:45 AM
Debs dresses fully whenever she wants and we have a 13 year old living with us (my son), he fully accepts her and interacts as easily with Debs as he does with Mr Debs :)

Sara Jessica
11-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Ummmm, did you ever think for a moment to lock the door or step into the restroom to put on your tights?

Having children around certainly makes things challenging but far from impossible. Just be smart about it.

Jamie001
11-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Have you ever considered the response "Daddy likes wearing pantyhose just like Mommy likes to wear Daddy's shirts sometimes". Honesty is the best answer, ALWAYS!

How is it possible to xdress when there are children in the family. Some years ago, it was cold, and I decided to wear tights. One of my daughters came into the bedroom, saw me putting them on and went to her Mum and said, why is daddy wearing tights. It put me in a difficult position which was hard to explain rationally to her. It is I am sure a problem that a lot of us face.

Stephenie S
11-16-2009, 10:51 AM
My goodness dear, why didn't you tell her just what you told us? Why did such a simple question (from a CHILD, no less) throw you for such a loop?

"Because I'm cold", is a simple answer.

Or how about, "Because I want to."

You are an adult. She is a child. Simple answers are all children want or need.

Lovies,
Stephenie

giuseppina
11-16-2009, 11:18 AM

Children will adapt to the parenting situation they are in, be it sexual preference, dressing style or whatever. The real issue is helping them deal with bullying because their father is a crossdresser.

sissystephanie
11-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Lots of men wear tights to keep their legs warm. That includes a lot of pro football players. Tights aren't just for women! Although the ones I am wearing as I write this definitley are made for women!:heehee: I wore them to the Y earlier this morning!

The best response was the one that said to keep the bedroom door closed. When my children were young they knew better than to enter the bedroom if the door was closed!

RADER
11-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Long ago, about 20 years, When I was working construction outside full time in the winter, I would ware Danskin's shiney Tights as long underware. Some of my co workers saw a peek of them and ask what I had on. At first they LOL,A couple of days later, all thoes that were married had on the same thing.
The shiney type was used because it slipped inside your pants or overhalls
much better than the cotton type that had the pratice of pulling down your pants when you bend over. The single men had mothers, sisters GF etc go
out and buy them. They did not have the guts to go themselves, Boy did
I LOL over that one. :heehee: Rader
PS Picture a man willing to walk a beam 4 stories off the ground on a windy
day; yet afraid to walk into a ladies dress shop. :doh:

carolinoakland
11-16-2009, 02:57 PM
just ask her if she likes to play dress up? Kids understand that. Carol

sherri52
11-16-2009, 03:26 PM
I have eight children and spent a couple of hours in the attic after they went to bed. The wife was unaccepting as well.

Rogina B
11-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Every household is different.My 8 yr old daughter accepts that Daddy likes to wear girl's clothes and goes out the door looking like a girl..But that kind of acceptance takes years. You are at a place where you and your wife need to make a plan on how you want to handle things.Hope it goes easily for you.:)

docrobbysherry
11-16-2009, 08:55 PM
But, u DON'T have to let them know about your dressing!:devil:

Frédérique
11-16-2009, 11:25 PM
…why is daddy wearing tights. It put me in a difficult position which was hard to explain rationally to her.

I once bought a pair of tights while my young nephew looked on. When he asked me why I was buying them (accompanied by a quizzical look), I explained I wear them under my pants while snowblowing the driveway to keep warm. Unfortunately, it was July at the time…:doh:

Hope
11-17-2009, 04:28 AM
What do you mean "how is it possible?"

You do it the same way you would if children weren't around. As far as I know, children do not possess some sort of clothing distortion field that causes all clothing to be "gender appropriate" when in their presence.

Unless your dressing is some sort of fetish activity (in which case it shouldn't be happening around your children because it is sexual activity, and not because it is cross dressing) there is no reason for children to change your behavior. Dressing is not sick, it is not wrong, it is not a criminal activity, it is not dirty, and it is not going to scar children for life. It is not even going to scar children. If anything it is going to expand their world and make them grow up to be healthier more well rounded people who are more tolerant of others.

Crossdressing is not a crime.

Jenniferpl
11-17-2009, 04:29 AM
just use common sense.

tricia_uktv
11-17-2009, 04:56 PM
just use common sense.

And do it away from the children until they are old enough to understand

Jamie001
11-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Why? You are not doing anything that is illegal or wrong. We need to stop thinking that we are doing something that is wrong.

And do it away from the children until they are old enough to understand

Jennifer in CO
11-17-2009, 06:21 PM
short and long story...

1984 - I was living full time as a woman and our daughter is almost 3. Part of what caused my wife to asked me to transition back was our daughter started calling me "Mommy" as well...she was a lil put off by that...especially in public. Early 80's - two "Mommies" LOTS of looks.... As far as our daughter knowing anything, at that age they won't (most of the time anyway) remember it past 5 or 6 if they remember it at all and their just learning how to talk...who they gonna tell? Ours has never said a word and when pushed remembers pretty much nothing of her early childhood years.

Fast forward to 1991 - I had a urinary tract blockage that the out patient surgery went "bad" and spent 4 days in the hospital. I came home with tubes out of places they shouldn't come out of. I might have transitioned back in 85 but I still slept in gowns and so sitting around the house those first few days back the girls saw me several times (yes I had a robe on - that didn't hide everything). Best excuse was truth - I couldn't wear pants for the foreseeable future so what else should I wear? After a full week of gowns and robe my wife and I both were getting tired of me so attired so she went out and bought me a simple black ankle length summer dress and for fun an ankle length halter number. I only wore the halter dress around the girls once. I happened to have it on when they came home from school. Oldest didn't say anything but I could tell she was blushing. The black one they could understand (least thats what the oldest said). But the halter - well, I'll admit we pushed it a bit with that one as it was pretty fem (backless) and knit/poly. Following week I had to go to the Dr and to work to pick up my check. Someone gave me a mans jump suit (the type you see all kinds of great grand-dads wearing). I tried it on...wife was almost on the floor laughing at how I looked. She went out and bought me a ladies jumpsuit. Black satin. Yeah...a bit fem looking but its was comfy!! Oh...did I mention she bought me a pair of black sandals to go with it? At least the legs were huge sweeping affairs so it hid the bags and tubes as it needed to. Anyway Dr appt. went fine and work...well, work asked how soon I was going to be starting back. When we told them how long the Dr just said I be "tubed up" they weren't happy. My boss finally talked my wife into letting me come back to work in a skirt. So - we stopped on the way home and bought 4 ankle length skirts. I wore those for the next month so the girls got used to seeing me in skirts...everywhere. And since you can't just wear skirts, I wore hose. At first I wore knee highs and they thought it was funny but quickly said nothing. After the 2nd week...I switched to garter belt and hose. I was in skirts for almost 2 months. My tops transitioned to blouses also during that 2nd week. Not "fem" mind you (lace, etc) but still nice and soft from the ladies dept. When I finally got the tubes out I stretched it another 2 weeks then went to ladies high-waisted pants/jeans. The funny was the first time the girls came home from school and I was in pants. The youngest was almost disappointed that her daddy wasn't wearing skirts like she did anymore. About 6 months later the oldest asked her mom why I was wearing ladies jeans...

Shopping in the mens dept became very boring again...

Jenn

subwrx
11-17-2009, 09:06 PM
We just had our first daughter she is 8 months old. Ever since my wife got pregnant I / we have not yet come up with a plan as to how to go about my dressing. She is supportive and is "letting" me sort it out for the moment. I have become more active in my dressing ever since my daughter entered this world but, It is not yet clear to me how far I want to go in this endeavor and how much I want to sacrifice for my daughter. In the mean time I am dressing up as often as I can wile she still cant fully grasp what is going on.

TJ Tresa
11-17-2009, 09:56 PM
If you hunt you could tell her you were wearing them to go hunting, many men do and they don't dress all the time like we do. I know of several men who have discovered that panty hose/ tights works better than long johns for hunting,(doesn't take up as much room in the camo).