PDA

View Full Version : Filed for name change

Kaitlyn Michele
11-16-2009, 05:54 PM
So I filed my revised name change forms today in NEWJERSEY

I understand this state has an easy process to change the name and i hope to get the final change by year end!!

also, i went back to my company's office building last week..one year ago i never ever would beleive that i could do this...i thought it would be the most exhilarating and catharctic moment...but it wasnt...it was just totally and completely normal...i was so happy to feel that way.

of course, it felt like an interview and i guess it basically was
we'll have to see if something gets worked out for me to go back...

CharleneT
11-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Congratulations !! Coincindentally I just got back from our court house with the pamphlet explaining what I need to do. It is pretty easy here too. There is a 30 day wait, my plan is to change it the first week of Jan. Our Dr. Lic is fairly easy as well.... now the gender marker ? Different story there, that's hard.

GREAT for you !!!

:drink:

Karen564
11-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Hi Kaitlyn,

Awesome, Congrats!!! :tw:

And hope the job works out for you too..

:hugs:

Sharon
11-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Very cool, Kaitlyn, and the hugest of congratulations!! :)

jenna_woods
11-16-2009, 09:29 PM
I wish you all the luck hun,I will be praying for it to go very well for you,

Veronica_Jean
11-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Kaitlyn,

I am so thrilled to hear about your progress, both name change and work potential!!

Perhaps they will realize you have worth no matter the gender.

:hugs:

Veronica

boardpuppy
11-17-2009, 10:15 PM
I wish Mo. was as inlightened as NJ but as of a month ago,there is no joy here and none in sight. However, was told that Jeff City is changing the laws all the time. Just the same, congrats on the name change and potential job.

Hugs,
Alice

sherri52
11-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Congrats Kaitlyn. It is only the begginning of your new life.

Jennifer Marie P.
11-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Congraulations, Kaithyln in beginning of your new life.

Eileen
11-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Congratulations and all the best Kaitlyn! It is a day much like any other, but a very special day. There were no marching bands, but I will always remember my special day.

Eileen

Frances
11-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Congratulations! In Quebec, it is an insanely complicated, expensive and long process (up to 6 months), which involves the obligation to "out" oneself in local papers. And then everything has to redone again after SRS for the sexual designation change.

joanlynn28
11-19-2009, 10:02 AM
:iagree:
It's the same situation in California. First one must file in Superior Court a petition for name and/or name and gender change. The court process is fairly easy just you must have your name and gender change published in an audited newspaper for four consicutive weeks for all to see. Can be somewhat expensive when I filed for my name change it was $340 in court filing fees and another $115 to publish it in the paper. At least three years later when I had my gender change done they reopened my case so at least I did not have to pay another $340 to go back to court.

GypsyKaren
11-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Very cool, I'm very happy and excited for you!

GK :g1:

pamela_a
11-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Congratulations Kaithlyn, that's big step I plan on taking next June when my son graduates high school

CharleneT: Check the form. I know girls in Minnesota who have changed their name AND gender marker with the same petition. There is a somewhat specific wording added to the "Other" section of the petition. Something to the effect of Change gender marker on Driver License, Birth Cert, Social Security, and all other legal identification and documents to female

-Pam-

MJ
11-19-2009, 12:47 PM
congratulations Kaitlyn :love:

CharleneT
11-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Congratulations Kaithlyn, that's big step I plan on taking next June when my son graduates high school

CharleneT: Check the form. I know girls in Minnesota who have changed their name AND gender marker with the same petition. There is a somewhat specific wording added to the "Other" section of the petition. Something to the effect of Change gender marker on Driver License, Birth Cert, Social Security, and all other legal identification and documents to female

-Pam-

Hmmm... I'll go look and see ! I've got a feeling that here in Iowa I can't do that (MN is a much more TG friendly state). I asked the Drivers Lic bureau about it and they said only with proof of SRS/GRS. BUT who knows, get it done at the court and maybe they just go along ? Great hint, I appreciate it !

Ok, I checked the forms and there isn't a place to change gender. There is a place where gender is stated ... so I'm going to go and check out whether i can change it there -- I seriously doubt it !

One other bit, I'm griping, but still... it costs a bundle here !! Filing fees, recording fees etc add up to $254, any extra copies of the decree cost $20 each. OUCH !

Kimberly Marie Kelly
11-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Seems like alot of women are doing the name change this last couple of month's. Good luck and it will be completely new and cool. Mine happens in 11 days. Kimberly :battingeyelashes:

Donnadcd
11-20-2009, 06:11 PM
I wish you the best of luck with each step you take. Good for you.

Melissa A.
11-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Couldn't be happier for ya, Kaitlyn. Hope everything goes well. congratulations, sweetie.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

Dawn D.
11-20-2009, 06:32 PM
What a happy day for you! Congratulations! It hasn't been that long since I did mine. Was a relatively easy process. It's the notifications afterward that the real fun begins, lol! Have a glorious day!

Dawn

Kaitlyn Michele
11-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Thnx so much for the thoughts and support!!!

It recently started to matter to me alot more, so I'm hoping it goes smoothly,,i'm in contact with the judges office and they assured me it would not be too long. and then of course the notifications!! LOL

Jenn2716
11-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Hi Kaitlyn and congrats!

I just received my application in mail this week. I am looking forward to filling it out and getting the process started. Like Caroline said in her post, I have to have the name change published in a newspaper too, but since I'm not originally from this province, its not a big deal for me.

But with any luck (getting a friend to sponser my application, getting it notorized, mailed in, approved) I'll hopefully have my name official in late dec/early jan.

Sheila
11-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Kaitlyn, congratulations and hope everything goes real smooth for oyu :)