PDA

View Full Version : No Money Means.... No Want To Go Out Dressed Because........

Christina Horton
11-17-2009, 02:52 AM
I just recently lost and got another job. There was a two week space between my old job to my new job. But the prob is that in the trucking ind, If your an owner operator the new CO will hold back pay for a month and a half. So I lost my job Sept 27 and started my new one Oct 14th. My last paycheck was on Nov 1 and only $1,300 . My first check will be on Dec 1 , and will be half a month and only half of that.

So What I am getting is I have no money and each time I am home I have no want to go out dressed. I have been wondering why? Then I hit on it today and I now know why. It's cuz I ( if I wanted to ) I can't buy something. So I don't want to go shopping if I can't buy anything.

In times past I would go shopping and would have money and I would not buy anything , but knew I could if I did.

So since I have no money I don't feel like going out. I never knew that I loved shopping only if I could buy what I was looking at. I guess it is no fun for me if I can't buy anything. Sigh.

I don't think it's shallow of me but it could be a little bit shallow , But just a little I guess. Xmas will be lean since I love to buy lost of gifts , but my family will and do understand. So wish me luck. I have never been this broke before. I sucks. Ta Ta.

DaisyG
11-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Gee, Christina, that's a real bummer. I hope your new job is a good one which lasts many years. I've had those between-jobs dry spells myself - - when the company went bankrupt and other times when the company up and moved across the country. Shopping really can shrink down to bare necessities (not that a cute new dress isn't a "necessity").

Judging from your many posts, you are a people-oriented soul, and can do well in a crowd. So maybe you can still enjoy dressing to get out amongst the crowds - - do a little people-watching in place of the shopping.

In any case, be of good cheer. And perhaps you can look ahead to springtime when new fashions will come out, and by then maybe you'll have enough money to again do some real shopping. Perhaps a new outfit for Easter?

Hang in there, hun :hugs:

Daisy

Sara Jessica
11-17-2009, 06:59 AM
Judging from your many posts, you are a people-oriented soul, and can do well in a crowd. So maybe you can still enjoy dressing to get out amongst the crowds - - do a little people-watching in place of the shopping.

What a sweet thing to say Daisy, and even though I have never met Christina (only her evil partner in crime Roberta who apparently has been more than corrupted by Christina ;)), I have a feeling you are so right.

Hang in there Christina. Stay true to yourself the best you can in the joyous season that is upon us.

Christina Horton
11-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the nice words. I forgot to say in my post. I can not EI or unemployment Benefits cuz as a Owner Operator I can not pay into it so When I lose or go to another Co I must do with out.

Sara Jessica: are you Roberta's friends from LA?

DaisyG: Thank you for the sweet things you said , makes me feel all warm and squishy....either that or I need to wear Diapers :eek:!!!

Thanks to the both of you, You made my day. :hugs::hugs::love::drink:

Ugly Michele
11-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Christina I have had several friends who drove, they were O-O, they would drive for several companies at the same time but they had their own trailers, picking up only live loads. If one company didn't have a load the other did. Just a thought.

Katesback
11-17-2009, 02:13 PM
How about taking a trip to the bookstore? Starbucks? Walk in the park? I only say these things because women do this all the time and they tend to cost very little $$.

jenna_woods
11-17-2009, 02:25 PM
sorry to here about your money problems but yes wen I don't have any money I don't go out dressed either.what's the since in shopping if we can't buy anythong preaty.

melissacd
11-17-2009, 02:31 PM
One of the ways that I have handled being able to shop on a small budget is going to second had stores. I find that it is wonderful on so many levels 1) you get to choose from things that may be less available and therefore more unique 2) you feel like you are doing something good for the environment and there are just so many barely used things at these stores that are still perfectly good to wear 3) you are helping out organizations that generally support good causes.

sherri52
11-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Christina it is tough to be broke. How about window shopping. Shop for the newer items that will still be there in Dec. then return to the shops to buy. That's two days out for one shopping experience.

Christina Horton
11-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Christina I have had several friends who drove, they were O-O, they would drive for several companies at the same time but they had their own trailers, picking up only live loads. If one company didn't have a load the other did. Just a thought.

Well I singed up with one CO and it would be in bad form to (with the Co name on the side if my truck) pull someone Else's load. Now If I found my own loads that would be ok but....

How about taking a trip to the bookstore? Starbucks? Walk in the park? I only say these things because women do this all the time and they tend to cost very little $$.

Well it's fall here and it rains most of the time and walks is a wet proposal.

One of the ways that I have handled being able to shop on a small budget is going to second had stores. I find that it is wonderful on so many levels 1) you get to choose from things that may be less available and therefore more unique 2) you feel like you are doing something good for the environment and there are just so many barely used things at these stores that are still perfectly good to wear 3) you are helping out organizations that generally support good causes.

I don't have a small budget It's not even there. I have zero money. Plus I like to leave the second hand stores to the people whom need them the most. If I go to them and buy stuff I like and there is some there, I would talk the stuff someone else would like. You see I normally can afford to shop at the mall and I figger if I take away the stuff from the second hand stores , I deprive someone of a great deal on it. That is the way I look at it. I like the second hand store, but I just think " If I but this dress or shoes or coat, I am taking it away form a person with less money then I and they would like it more. So I shop in the mall and if I am looking for something you can't find at the mall I go looking in the lovely second hand stores.

Thanks girls for all your nice and great ideas for what to do with no money.

KEEP THEM COMMING EVERYONE.

Brittany North
11-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the nice words. I forgot to say in my post. I can not EI or unemployment Benefits cuz as a Owner Operator I can not pay into it so When I lose or go to another Co I must do with out.

I think that they're changing that (I read something in the paper or saw it on TV I think) in the future. Not sure if it's just a proposal or going to come in later. Of course, you have to pay something into it like you do for CPP now. As a self employed individual I'll probably look into it, but I have no idea if it will be worthwhile or not.

Christina Horton
11-19-2009, 02:52 AM
Well I did get out and I wrote all about it and here's the thread link. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120134 I had a very good day.....as allways.