PDA

View Full Version : Buying make-up-Burlington mall

Paula_56
11-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I have been wanting to buy some good high quality foundation for sometime.
I went to the Burlington Mall in Burlinton mass on my lunch break. I walk around looking for a friendly looking SA, and finally ended up at Lord and Taylor, A middle age woman asked if she could help and I was up front and told her I needed some make-up for myself. She refer me to her frined at the NARS counter, as her foundations were very sheer.

The girl at the NARS counter was first very pretty with flawless makeup
and so helpful and understanding. She matched my shade with several different types of foundation and told me how to apply it. She even gave me a free sample of skin prep, and then her card.

It felt so good to be honest about being a crossdresser and then being treated with respect. I will go back and purchase all mr cosmetics there I just feel good

SweetCaroline
11-17-2009, 04:33 PM
The Burlington Mall is great. I've been there many times en femme, and never had a problem. In fact, I got my ears pierced at the Claire's in the Burlington Mall, and dinned at the Cheesecake Factory afterwards. Good times. :thumbsup:

DiannaRose
11-17-2009, 06:16 PM
I work in Cambridge...the Burlington Mall is *almost* close enough for me to duck out there on my lunch break, but I'm still too nervous about dropping by a makeup counter on my own, for now anyway. Maybe if one of you are going back...or if you happen to know of a CD-friendly counter you'd like to meet at in Cambridge, let me know? Guess I just need to go with a friend to build my confidence. :)

Sherry-Stephanie
11-17-2009, 06:34 PM
LOL...Burlington Mall...brings back memories from long time ago when I use to go right past it all the time from work in Lexington to Rt. 62 off 3A to home right off 62 heading towards Wilmington....long time ago!!!!!!

sherri52
11-17-2009, 07:40 PM
I use to meet my brother-in-law at the Burlington mall before we went to play raquet ball. He hated it when I stopped at the counters for makeup. He knew I dressed but never seen me ( and I don't want to show him).

EveMarie
11-17-2009, 08:11 PM
I know of the Burlington Mall, having been to Boston a few times, but never spent time shopping there.
I've been dreaming of going to the Sephora at the Colonie Center for a complete "make over" but I know too many of my female family members and their friends go there, so for now I can only dream :daydreaming:

I love the Bare Essentials line they carry. And I'm getting tired of getting my stuff at Rite-Aide or other drugstore, in kind of a "snatch and go" mode :sad:

I'd love to find a CD friendly SA and get all kinds of assistance and tips.

Katie Moore
11-17-2009, 08:15 PM
had my car stolen at the Burlington Mall...:eek:

donnatracey
11-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Ah, the Burlington Mall...used to go there when I worked nearby. Don't miss the awful traffic though.....:eek:

Much preferred Pheasant Lane Mall up in Nashua off Rt2.....

Miss the changing of the seasons in NE, X-country skiing, etc....:daydreaming:

Paula_56
11-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Diana Rose

I would be happy to meet in boy mode sometime at the Mall.

The SA at Lord and Taylor was so friendly

I would hestate to send someone else there

The cosmetic brand was NARS very expensive but high quality

EveMarie
11-17-2009, 08:51 PM
watch out for the bad stuff: http://www.naturalnews.com/022113_parabens_chemicals_cosmetics.html

Just sayin' is all

I've started reading labels a lot closer lately, especially since my colon and liver cancer.

Frédérique
11-18-2009, 07:48 AM
I went to the Burlington Mall in Burlinton mass on my lunch break.

The Burlington Mall is great. I've been there many times en femme, and never had a problem.

When I lived in Massachusetts I would often drive to the Burlington Mall en femme, and then walk around looking at things, just gaining confidence being myself. I don't know -- there's something about the place. I liked that mall much more than the huge South Shore Plaza, which, at the time, was only a few miles from my home. The last time I was at the Burlington Mall I was looking at jewelry with my fiancée one night – I sorely miss my fun crossdressing soirées to this sprawling outpost on Rte 128 (I mean I-95), however…:battingeyelashes:

Ashlee
11-18-2009, 09:37 AM
My friend katie may still work at Macy's, perhaps MAC can also be used too.

Leslie Langford
11-18-2009, 10:06 AM
had my car stolen at the Burlington Mall...:eek:

...after all of the other positive comments about the Burlington mall here :D :tongueout?

KatieC
11-19-2009, 04:31 PM
The SA at the MAC store at the Burlington Mall was very friendly and helpful when I once went there in drab, looking for some concealer that would match my skin tone to hide a small scratch I had right between my eyebrows. She showed me how to blend it in and everything. She almost convinced me to get a brush to blend it with too, but my poor wallet won that argument. :heehee:

NathalieX66
11-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Thanx for the flashback.
Years ago when I lived in the 'Bay State' I always bought my wardrobe at the North Shore Mall down the road in Danvers. Then I purged it all. That's when the Catholic guilt set in.
Now I'm back...thankfully...though living in another state. :battingeyelashes: