PDA

View Full Version : mirror mirror on the wall

samtv
11-18-2009, 07:32 AM
hi all
im not one to post i tend to just read all your great posts so i hope this is ok for my first effort.
Im lucky in the fact my wife knows and doesnt mind my dressing infact she buys me as much makeup and fashion as she buys herself.
my problem is i have a selection of wigs and the one i realy love the most i also hate the most. Every time i wear it and look in a mirror all i see looking back is my mothers face and it freaks me every time .My mum passed away 10 years ago and it sorta dont feel right when i wear that wig. i was wondering do any of you have the same prob.

Paula_56
11-18-2009, 08:25 AM
I had a wig that made me look like my sister it freak me out,

iwearstockings
11-18-2009, 08:36 AM
i only have one wig and i do look like a tarty version of my mum when she was 25. That's not really what I had in mind LOL! I try not to think about it!!

Kerigirl2009
11-18-2009, 09:21 AM
I love to see my mothers reflection coming back at me through the mirror. From my recent pictures I just noticed this and the feeling that it gave me just brought out a huge smile. I am still me only now I can see more of myself through my mom and even a bit of my sister. I love it.:)

melissacd
11-18-2009, 09:28 AM
I see my Grandmother's face when she was younger. It gives me nice memories of her.

AmberLynn
11-18-2009, 09:34 AM
I have long hair,but i have my mother's face when she was young. and yes it is a little freaky to me seeing my mother in the mirror

Jilmac
11-18-2009, 10:11 AM
I have several wigs that make me resemble my youngest sister. Now if I could only duplicate her voice...

JoanAz
11-18-2009, 10:27 AM
I have my Mother's Hair & Legs, When she was alive and living with us, I would go over to her house (guest house) and show Mom how I looked Dressed. Mom worked in the Fashion Industry and Loved my "Sexy" look.
:love:

Teri Jean
11-18-2009, 10:53 AM
I see my mother's resemblance also but as one of my brothers put it when I went full time, don't become our mother now. LOL I would think your mother, who has passed, would be watching and saying there's my girl/boy. Look at it as a way to honor her memory.

Teri

Karen7cd
11-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Paula, you look hot in red, I love that wig!!

Michelle-Leigh
11-18-2009, 10:59 AM
I kinda look like my mother in this shot; it bothers me not in the least as I am just glad that I look like a pretty woman and not a poorly done up man in a dress !

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu143/michelleleighb/PortraitSmall.jpg

5150 Girl
11-18-2009, 11:03 AM
I've been mistaken for my mother en-drab before! But ya know, are far worse people to be mistaken for!

docrobbysherry
11-18-2009, 11:34 AM
I bought a new wig a couple of months ago. Like Laura, the first time with it on, I looked in the mirror. MY SISTER was looking back!:eek:

I haven't worn it SINCE!:sad:

Sarah Doepner
11-18-2009, 12:01 PM
It really irritated me when I looked in the mirror and not only saw a reflection that looked like my mother, but figured out she must have been on steroids and really bulked up! lol.

Christina Horton
11-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Look at it this way hun. You lost your mum(I am saddened when I hear that form anyone) and now she is with you when you put that wig on and she will be in your heart always. If I lost my mum (god forbid) I would love to find out that I looked like her. So wear the wig and strut what your ma gave ya , and be proud you look like your beloved mommy.

tricia_uktv
11-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Hi Sam,

A really interesting question and I am working on poem "Mirror, mirror on the wall". I have been out now for two years and am just beginning to get to the point where Tricia is looking back at me and not my male self. All morrors are different of course but I am starting to like them. I think its mainly in the eyes; but I know that if I can see Tricia then so can everybody else. I've been doing this for about three months now and it is either changing me or I am changing it.

If your Mum's looking back at you I'd celibrate :)

One other thing I've noticed in the last three months, when I've started to become really proud of myself, is that when you go shopping for girls clothes as a girl there are mirrors all around you. I am starting to enjoy looking at my reflection now I've noticed them.

Its ok though, I know I'm not the fairest of them all,

Have fun :)

sherri52
11-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Think of it as your mother giving you her okay.

Karren H
11-18-2009, 08:47 PM
I wish.... My mom was way way way better looking... Though some times I do resemble the milkmans wife? Lol.

girlalex
11-18-2009, 09:10 PM
same here, all i have to do is have some make up on and i look like my mom when she was younger.

Frédérique
11-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Every time i wear it and look in a mirror all i see looking back is my mothers face and it freaks me every time.

I think I consciously avoid wigs that remind me of my mother, so I shy away from blonde hair at all costs. In fact, she wore wigs (after losing most of her hair due to chemotherapy), so most wigs you might see in catalogs remind me of her. I have my mother’s face, but my wigs change the look enough to avoid being reminded of her. I sort of keep true to my own original hair, making the impression of actually being a girl quite palpable, since fate and circumstances did not intervene on my behalf…:sad::straightface::battingeyelashes:

CherylFlint
11-19-2009, 12:50 AM
Yes, it can't be helped, but then she was good looking, albit smaller. She didn't have long hair, though, but I do.

Dragster
11-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Well I'm the lucky one. I've only been made-up and wigged once in my life (a dressing service job) and when I put the photos up on my computer, I saw my DAUGHTER looking back at me! Alright, and older version of my daughter. She's a mother, mid 30s, and still looks great, especially when she goes out while we baby-sit.

Tony