PDA

View Full Version : Re-discovering old good items

Jill
11-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Recently I wore a skirt that I bought years ago, and have fallen in love with it all over again. It's a loose, lite, flouncy tiered, knee length, black skirt. I've had it for years and rarely wore it in the past 3 or 4 years but now I can't get enough of it. I love that I have re-discovered a great old item. I remember loving it when I bought it and even remember the lady who sold it to me on ebay, she told she wore it all around London on her trip to Europe and loved wearing it. I don't know why she sold it but I'm glad she did.

Anyone ever re-discover good old items?

Leanne2
11-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi Jill,
I have clothes from years ago because I can't stand to throw anything away. One of the oldest is a black bouffant petticoat that I have had for at least 30 years. I used to love to wear it with my square dance dresses. Those are all gone now but I just can't part with my black beauty. Of course I couldn't wear those clothes in public because other than dancers, no women dress like that anymore. Leanne

sherri52
11-18-2009, 07:38 PM
I love it when I go into the closet and find a pair of shoes that I haven't worn for awhile and then don't even remember when I got them.

docrobbysherry
11-18-2009, 08:08 PM
I have SO MUCH ladies gear now!:doh:

It's getting so that WHENEVER I look around in my ladies storage room, I find something cool that I forgot I had!:brolleyes:

Karren H
11-18-2009, 08:42 PM
I'd have to go to the Goodwill to rediscover any of my good old stuff... I'd don't hord clothing.. Just makeup and jewelry... ..... And money... :)

MaryAnn40c
11-18-2009, 11:04 PM
|Finding old clothes is fun just means I don't need to buy it again!

Frédérique
11-19-2009, 12:16 AM
Recently I wore a skirt that I bought years ago, and have fallen in love with it all over again. Anyone ever re-discover good old items?

I just wore a lovely skirt I had put aside – one of my skirt hangers broke (from overuse!), so I commandeered another from my closet. I took out this skirt I hadn’t worn for a long time, took it off the hanger, folded it, and laid it on a box, with the idea of putting it in storage. Instead, I tried it on, and it felt so wonderful I wore it all evening long – very girly and very comfortable. All this has me wondering what other treasures are lurking in my closet, waiting to be rediscovered…:thinking: