PDA

View Full Version : Ever regret purging?

NathalieX66
11-18-2009, 11:23 PM
I gave up CD'ing exactly 9 years & 11 months to this day.
I'm just dumbfounded at some of the items that I would have cherished owning right now, which ended up in the dumpster of an apartment complex. One thing I miss dearly is this cotton French poet styled nightgown, that had a ruffled collar and balloon sleeves, and was oh-so-popular and trendy in 1998. You can't find them anymore, mainly because fahshion has changed. I could go on about my Victoria's Secret collection, but that got thrown way too. None of these items were cheap.
Sigh...just reminiscing.

StaceyJane
11-18-2009, 11:30 PM
I once threw away a really nice leather skirt I bought in Korea. :(

AmberLynn
11-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Little over 2 years ago when my family moved up i pitched everything. I had a antiqe vanaty with a large mirror,probley close to 12 every day dress's,6 skirt's floor length 6 knee,10 blouses and my shoes "around 10 pair" bra's panties hose everything gone :sad: rebuilding has not been fun at all,i have yet to find a little black dress that i like or blouse that fit's my age and style.

wont be doing that again thats for sure

linnea
11-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Eventually I have regretted purging every time I have done it. I haven't done it in the past five years; prior to that, it seemed as if I did it regularly. I threw away or gave away a lot of really nice clothes, several sets of expensive breast forms, jewelry (though none of it was really very valuable), and accessories like handbags.
Since I have become more comfortable with my feminine self and I have revealed my crossdressing to some of my family, I feel far less inclined to purge.

Jodi M
11-19-2009, 01:16 AM
Regret purging, Oh my yes! I have done it a couple times and a lot of beautiful clothing was lost . Clothing that a lot of money was spent to aquire.Sorry to say pressure from "normal" people was what caused me to do it. Its takes growing in our own acceptance of who we are to prevent it from happening I guess.

Christina Horton
11-19-2009, 01:22 AM
I have nothing to regret I have NEVER PURGED you see I like food to much so i eat all I put on my plate and have no need to pur....oh you mean to throw away my fem-stuff, Oh well then I .... Oh then my first response is right on I have never purged my Cd stuff ever. WOW that would suck.

I feel for the girls who have purged. But just look on the bright side , you get to shop till ya drop. That's at lest the good part. No use of crying over....ahhh spilled clothes.

Jenniferpl
11-19-2009, 05:27 AM
Yea all the great stuff I lost. I had some nice bras I would love to have back. Having a hard time find those colors again.

Cheryl T
11-19-2009, 06:59 AM
Ever regret it??

ALWAYS....

Raychel
11-19-2009, 07:11 AM
Every time that I have purged I have regretted it. I have made a vow to NEVER do that again.

Raychel is here for good this time. The rest of the world is just going to get to know her over time.

DanyaKay
11-19-2009, 07:32 AM
Yeppers, It always seems there is that one piece that really magnetized you. But, there is always the next click online or the next sale at Macy's. sigh.....

johnboy23
11-19-2009, 08:13 AM
I purged twice while I was living with my mom. I threw away panties shirts and shorts :( It was not long before I was right back to it. A month maybe two months at the most. There is NOOOOO WAY I could stay away from CDing for 9 years... I am sorry you felt like you needed to.

Amy Lynn3
11-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Yep, I will regret throwing away every item I had. I have done it so many times I can't count, but never again. I might replace items, but not purge.

KristiMartin
11-19-2009, 08:47 AM
OMG yes! I've only purged twice, but the last time, about 10 years ago, was the worst. I had the most beautiful pair of Chinese Laundry velvet sandals, a pair of Guess black croc pumps, and a great houndstooth skirt I'd love to have back.

No. More. Purges. Ever! I know who I am now, there is no inner debate, and I'm supremely comfortable in both my skins. Too bad I didn't find this inner-enlightenment in my teens.

Toni_Lynn
11-19-2009, 09:03 AM
I absolutely regret every purge. My purges have been of two types -- self-imposed and ones that I have been forced to do.

I regret them for guilt that I felt at the time they occured, for there was no justification for that guilt. My crossdressing is normal and right and not perverted. It is a part of me and cannot be changed.

I feel anger inside when I think of them, and that anger is particularly intense when I consider teh ones that where forced on me, the ones where I was made to swear to the Blessed Virgin Mary as a 13 year old that I would never CD again, the ones where I was told that I was a f***k**g f*gg*t, the ones that stole the innocence of child of who just wanted to wear girls clothes.

As with many of you, there are many items of clothing that I wish I still had. There was lovely green tartan skirt,a nd beautiful blue and black dress. But most of all, I regret the burning, yes burning, of my first two training bras as a forced purge at age 13. But I won in the long run because 38 years later ... thanks to ebay ... I own replacements for both of them.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

AndreaCD 2007
11-19-2009, 09:06 AM
oh my i purged some 10 yeasr ago, and regret losing a very sheer white and pink chemise

Josie Flannagan
11-19-2009, 09:11 AM
I have never really purged but i did find this vintage leotard in the attic once but had nowhere to hide it and threw it in the attic and haven't seen it since. I can't get in the attic anyway.

ColleenPDX
11-19-2009, 09:13 AM
I've always regretted purging. Thankfully I haven't felt the need to purge in years, and I don't think I will anymore. Once you finally accept that dressing is a part of you, that it may come and go but won't go away, the urge to purge seems to disappear.

Angie G
11-19-2009, 09:23 AM
You I have big time I had a green skirt with a maching vest. I just loved and a few other things.Never Happen Again.:hugs:
Angie

JoAnne Wheeler
11-19-2009, 09:28 AM
YES !!!!! In 1995, I went through what I now refer to as "The Great Purge"

where due to my Spouse, I threw away my 25 year collection. The clothes

and lingerie that I threw away cannot be replaced - they don't make lingerie,

especially slips, like they did then. I had a lot of time, effort and money

invested in my wardrobe - I regret it so much. I honestly thought that my

crossdressing days were over.

SILLY ME !!! Like so many of us, I soon found out that IT never goes away

and only gets stronger. So, I truly regret not only that large purge, but also

several smaller ones. If I had known then what I know now, I would never

have done it. Live and learn.

JoAnne Wheeler

Leslie Langford
11-19-2009, 09:33 AM
...between "true" purging and simply paring down our expanding female wardrobes because the amount of "stuff" we accumulate starts to become overwhelming for the amount of storage space we have.

Do I regret the forced purging that I have done in the past due to external pressures and when I was a younger, less experienced crossdresser who was still wracked with guilt? Absolutely!

But as a self-admitted "shopaholic" when it comes to women's clothing as my avatar attests to, I do have a tendency to accumulate "stuff". That's probably a manifestation of some degree of OCD that I have struggled with all my life, and from what I gather, that is quite common among crossdressers. After all, if the compulsion to crossdress isn't a form of OCD, then I don't know what is.

So yes, I have had to "cull the herd" from time to time, and it hasn't been without regret over losing a few favorites in the process. This includes several dresses, skirt suits, and shoes that fitted me particularly well, but alas! - have gone out of style and really don't work for me anymore now that I have evolved into an "out-and-about" crossdresser.

But of course, the best medicine to alleviate that particular type of pain is to find the "perfect" outfit when out shopping, and then the cycle begins anew...:daydreaming::heehee:

PortiaHoney
11-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Every time - and the worst was when the purging was done for me!

:Angry3:

Melissa Anne
11-19-2009, 09:39 AM
Yes! I purged right before I got married thinking I would be "cured" by getting married. Well, as usual, the "cure" didn't work. I still kick myself for throwing out a couple of nice wigs, some nice shoes, and some nearly new breast forms. Brings back much pain just thinking about it...:sad:

Sam-antha
11-19-2009, 10:26 AM
If I was to say "NO", would you believe me ?

~Samm

Christina Horton
11-19-2009, 10:33 AM
If I was to say "NO", would you believe me ?

~Samm

I would cuz I have never purged either. Lucky us EH!!!!

jenna_woods
11-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Hun I think we all have thrown away things we wish we had back, I know I sure have,one is a leather skirt, it cost a bundle, and one day I took it to good will because it was a little tight.

TonyaV
11-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Absolutely yes - I purge probably once a year, only to regret soon after. But I keep doing it. The only smart thing I did once, was let a friend keep several items that I really really like. Oh! She still has them; that was 3 years ago. And I have purged twice since. As a matter of fact, I am currently going through another one of those "need to purge" feelings again. Yesterday, I tried on the most gorgeous dress, and didn't like myself in it.

SuzanneBender
11-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Two purges the test purge of 1996 and then the one known as the great purge of 04. Both cost me a lot of money and one cost me a wig that I still search for today. I will never purge again. Even if something crazy that would happen to make me stop dressing that stuff is going in storage boxes in the basement until my kids get it in the will. I am sure my daughters would have a custody battle over my shoe collection.

Tomara
11-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Hi I have purged too many times to count and can only wish I had some of the irreplaceable items back in my possession , but one thing is for sure I will never purge again !
Tomara

Sam-antha
11-19-2009, 11:43 AM
I would cuz I have never purged either. Lucky us EH!!!!

There was an emergency... I had to ditch a lovely long, heavy, dark brown leather skirt tha was such a wonderful fit. Almost a pencil shape.
alright that is not purging but it felt likeit after it was gone

~Samm

Carly D.
11-20-2009, 09:22 PM
I wish I had about three or five pairs of shoes.. when I tossed them I thought they would be in style again shortly.. still waiting..

sherri52
11-20-2009, 09:26 PM
I never quit but I would love to have some of the items my wives through away.

Jaydee
11-21-2009, 05:51 PM
I have purged a few times and regretted it each time. I have given up many very nice clothes that I wish I still had. At least the last few times I have sent my orphan clothing off to a better home by donating them to Goodwill. I have vowed to never do it again.

Jaydee

Kate's at home
11-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Yes, I have purged a couple of times, and there are some things I wish I had kept because of style and fit, that are no longer available. Oh well, it seems to go with the turf...

On a different note, I have recently been considering something of a thinning out of things I don't really like or wear, on both sides of the closet. Keeping things simple.

Kate

fiona_libby
11-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes
because I considered my thoughts, feelings were suddenly going to change,by disposing of clothes and underwear but I now realise exactly what my thoughts and feelings are and that they reflect who I really am and purging will not result in me conforming with the worlds very narrow range of 'normal'. I am who I am and my clothes will reflect who I feel I am. Thus no more purging.

Huggs Fiona

:hugs:

Vicki-Z
11-22-2009, 01:39 AM
Yes I have purge many times over the years. The last time was just this past spring. I donated all my lovely lingerie to charity. A lot that I hadn't even worn yet. Here I am 6 months later starting again to build up my lingerie. When will I learn not to purge.

Frédérique
11-22-2009, 01:46 AM
Ever regret purging?

Very much so. When I moved to Kansas I tossed out a lot of stuff – not because I was giving up on crossdressing, mind you, but more like I only had so much time and space to use. This was a traumatic period of upheaval, so I consciously turned my back on many things – I figured there would be no place in my new surroundings for crossdressing, so I tucked (pardon the pun) that passion away for a while. Naturally, when the dust cleared and I got mentally and physically settled, crossdresssing came roaring back with a passion (this is when I first learned about forums like this site). Where are my femme things? Oh, no – what have I done? :eek::sad::cry:

I threw away several wigs, all sorts of neat little hats, many pairs of shoes, flouncy dresses, a big box of makeup, dozens of pairs of earrings, and almost all of my precious skirts – just writing about it causes me pain, because every item had a story behind it (these were hard-won trophies). The thing is, I thought my life was going to go in one direction, but it went in another, to a place where I could actually crossdress freely and be ME. I never saw it coming. I immediately went out and built up a new collection of femme clothes and accessories, and this time I’ll be hanging on to it…:battingeyelashes:

sheidelmeidel
11-22-2009, 03:03 AM
Lots of nice things gone. So, I stopped purging, because it's too expensive! Accepting the inevitable is much cheaper.

aleshiabaum
11-22-2009, 03:30 AM
I'm an idiot. Since I joined this form, until a minute ago, i've never clicked this thread because I assumed it was about sticking your finger down your throat so you could be a thinner girl.
"Whoa, some extreme people here...."

sheidelmeidel
11-22-2009, 03:50 AM
"Whoa, some extreme people here...."

:roflmao::lol2:

DaisyG
11-22-2009, 04:50 AM
My first significant purge occurred over 40 years ago. I STILL remember the 3-inch black patent pumps and the first really pretty green dress I ever owned. Those pumps were a heavenly fit, the best my feet have ever felt in any shoes.

I underwent three more significant purges, about a decade apart. The usual good dresses, lingerie and shoes. Never into a dumpster, though. At least I had sense to donate my girl things.:sad:

It took all those long years to peel off the many layers of guilt, shame and self-doubt that were part of my CD existence. In the recent dozen or so years I have at last come to accept myself for who I am and really have been all along. Instead I have slowly "purged" all this emotional baggage.

Today I can, I believe, safely say my days of purging are history.

Daisy

TG_Nicole
11-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Well i definitely regret it. But not for material reasons. I never had much good stuff the times before when i purged just a few things i managed to get before i was brave enough to go in a store and buy something. The regret is that starting over feeling. That feeling of remorse when i started dressing again. Thinking this was awful. But now I've accepted this as a part of me that will never change.

Jilmac
11-22-2009, 12:48 PM
I have purged so many times, I lost count. All of my purges came about during my two marriages. I have never regretted dressing but I regret purging, especially some of the prettiest lingerie which can't be replaced because it isn't made anymore. It pains me to think that 45 years worth of pretty clothes are buried in a landfill.

Sharon B.
11-22-2009, 01:15 PM
The last I purged was back in July of this year, what I wouldn't give to have it all back.

Jannette H
11-22-2009, 04:11 PM
The last time I purged was in 1996 and that was the best wordrobe ever. I had alot of super nice skirt and blazer sets including an I Magnin Set and 3prs of Nine West pumps a new wig plus more never again!!

~Emma D~
11-22-2009, 04:52 PM
have had a bad 2 days and - at one point i was at the local tip this morning and threw away some things, i stopped before everything went

curious5752
11-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Coming back from a purge is never easy. I am now doing this and remembering the skirts and tops I have thrown away over the years. I was without a support group like the one here at Crossdressers.com and threw out several fine collections. Now reading the posts here I know that I am not alone and can go to my sisters for support.
Cathy

BridalBoy
11-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Yes, unfortunatly I have...my most regretted purge was a few years ago. I tossed the very first wedding gown I got! I was afraid of it being discovered. I was mad at myself because of the memories I have at the bridal beautique where I baught it. But, now I have three others, no way am I tossing those! They are hidden well :-)

Krista1985
11-23-2009, 12:33 PM
If it counts as a purge, than yes.

Years before crossdressing even occurred to me, I developed an affinity for movies involving TG transformation themes. I collected a small stash of them and kept them hidden from everyone. One day, for no reason really, I sort of geeked out and tossed all of them in the garbage.

Maybe I was afraid someone would find them? Maybe I was ashamed of how those movies made me feel? I don't know, but they're gone and I miss them.

On the plus side, I've learned to never do anything like that again.

Sarahmichellecasey
11-23-2009, 03:10 PM
a few years ago I got rid of a sleeveless LBD that fit me perfectly (among other items thrown away). I will always regret getting rid of that LBD and I haven't found another that fit like it.

Danielle Gee
11-23-2009, 03:27 PM
YES !!!!!

I threw away my 25 year collection. The clothes

and lingerie that I threw away cannot be replaced - they don't make lingerie,

especially slips, like they did then. I had a lot of time, effort and money

invested in my wardrobe - I regret it so much. I honestly thought that my

crossdressing days were over.

JoAnne Wheeler

I did the same ting back in the 70's and have regretted it bitterly ever since:sad:

JustAlex
11-23-2009, 04:57 PM
I haven't purged much but I regret every single item. But, if I did, it had to be done.
I guess my greatest regret is a couple of teddies.

Karen__Starr
11-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Never purged, have stopped being Karen but have always kept Karen's stuff. I learned early on that Karen will always be and someday erase the male side of her. With that known I kept things over the years until the wore out.

leesametz
11-23-2009, 10:25 PM
i never really had anything that was that fancy or expensive or exclusive so when i purged in 02 (i think) the only thing that i miss is a beautiful pair of 3" sculpted heel high heels in white and another matching pair in black. the tip of the heel was about 3/4" square which made them very stable which was great since i was new to wearing heels back then...

ive been able to get pretty much everything i want or need in resale shops or on ebay...

currently planning on purging it all again very soon because i have no desire to be Leesa. my wife doesnt know and the only person who DOES know really doesnt want anything to do with me (primarily) because of my dressing proclivities...

renneeists
12-10-2009, 09:55 AM
I've regretted purging within a month everytime. CD is in us, the most we can do is suppress for a while. If I was truly able to purge I wouldn't be hanging out here.
If I'd found a place like this in the 80's I'd proably be very comfy with myself now. And have all fem clothes in my closet!!

Kelly DeWinter
12-10-2009, 10:05 AM
"Ever regret purging?"

Just once, well ok twice, no more then twice ! .......err ok ok four times .. definatly four times, but that ALL I swear .... ALLRIGHT ! nine time ! ... but that the only ones I ever ever ever regret ! the other 632 times were more like 'thinning the herd'.

Kelly

kellyanne
12-10-2009, 10:18 AM
I gave up CD'ing exactly 9 years & 11 months to this day.
I'm just dumbfounded at some of the items that I would have cherished owning right now, which ended up in the dumpster of an apartment complex. One thing I miss dearly is this cotton French poet styled nightgown, that had a ruffled collar and balloon sleeves, and was oh-so-popular and trendy in 1998. You can't find them anymore, mainly because fahshion has changed. I could go on about my Victoria's Secret collection, but that got thrown way too. None of these items were cheap.
Sigh...just reminiscing.
Never again !

I purged my first time at age 21 and after each university year
( no storage as a youngin).

After graduation I did not purge from age 25 - 40 then I fell in love and like a dummy purged all my stuff which by now included many wigs, boxes of panties,bras,clothes etc.

Well she had no interest in me and now I had no women's clothes.

That is the last time I will deny who I am.

Ladies - " we can only become who we are ".

Love masked my transgenderism but only for a while - as always it returned even more powerful than before.

Now I feel happier and more at peace than ever.

Karen kc
12-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I've purged twice,sorry I ever did it. That was ten yrs. ago, thank God I"ll never have to do it again.

maggiecdva
12-10-2009, 12:13 PM
The 3 or so times I have purged I absolutely regret it. I will NEVER purge again. I may donate my gentley worn clothes but I will never purge again.

hugs - maggie

Laura Evans
12-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Yes, after each purge and I have had several. Have not had one in several years now and I don't expect any in the future since I came to terms with her and realized she is never going to go away.

thechic
12-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi there
Ive done some large purges in my live,but now have found it fun to purge stuff at lest once every couple of years, as clothing does get outdated . You find that the pleasure of shopping for clothing is great fun.

Jamie001
12-10-2009, 10:23 PM
I never regret purging because I always purge my male clothing and it feels so good to get rid of that junk! :)

sterling12
12-11-2009, 01:04 AM
I think we should start a Thread titled: "Ever NOT Regret Purging!" I don't believe I have ever seen anyone write, "Oh Golly just loved to burn up all my femme clothes, never had a regret, I'd love to do that again!"

As mentioned in an earlier thread, I think the only people who may Not have any regrets about "purging" are Bulimics! But, after they go through a lot of therapy, and being locked-up on a Ward; they too probably wish they hadn't done it.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Cristi
12-11-2009, 01:29 AM
I don't know if I'd use the term 'purged' for what I did or not. I honestly thought that crossdressing was something I was done with. I'd met the woman I was going to marry, and had no desire to dress any more. It wasn't a purge as much as it was just getting rid of some things that I didn't need anymore.

But oh the things I got rid of. :( Items I'd still love to have, 25 years later and some things, as others have said above, that can't even be bought anymore since fashions have changed or things just aren't made liked they used to be.

The three items that haunt me the most are:
A mid-calf green tartan pleated wool skirt with a side zipper... it was warm, soft and moved beautifully;
A burgandy 100% silk skirt/blouse set. The material was as light as air. Wearing it was like walking around in nothing more than panties and a bra; and
The must full skirt I've over owned. This ankle length sky blue skirt had more material in it than a small tent :) It was of soft cotton and a hem that added a bit of weight. I spent hours just walking, twirling and sitting in it over and over just to enjoy how it moved.

*sigh* I haven't been able to find replacements for any of those things in the 25 years since I last saw them.

Amanda Styles
12-11-2009, 01:34 AM
My last purge was about 20 years ago, I still miss some of the things I tossed. I heard somewhere that the next time the urge to purge hits you just pack it all up in box and put it somewhere.

Kinky with Ink
12-11-2009, 02:57 AM
Bah, I'm still recovering from a major purge. Kinda sucks because it's so hard to get clothes and what not where I'm at. I'm sure like most of us, I regretted it right afterwords but oh well, no use crying over spilled milk.

Schatten Lupus
12-11-2009, 05:09 AM
The only time I have really purged was before I moved in with my then girlfriend. I was still living with my parents at the time, and when I was packing I picked up the box I hid my stuff in it, stared at the few clothes and cosmetics I had, let out a sigh, and threw them away. I was thinking I am starting a new life with the woman I love, and it's now time to just be a man, and how I didn't want to freak her out. So, I just gave it up threw everything in the trash. Seven months later, I came out and told her I am trans. Would have been six months later, but I didn't want to ruin her birthday.
Fortunately though, I only had like, one bra, two pairs on panties, a shirt and jeans, two colors of nail polish, one shade of lipstick, and a stick of eyeliner, so I didn't loose much material wise, and I don't even miss them as I have a little bit more than I had, but everything is much nicer than what I had. But it did take a mental toll though. It was about three months after we moved into together that I really started to stress over it, even thought about leaving her just so I could go be me, but I loved her too much to do that. A couple months later, I just couldn't take it anymore. I figured if our love was as strong as we both claimed, and if it really is true, then we would endure.

Danielle76
12-11-2009, 12:49 PM
I've purged several times over the years. It's crazy to think how big my wardrobe would be if I never got rid of anything, but that's life, I guess.

Most of all, I really, really, really regret throwing away two items. One was a black stretch satin bustier...the way it hugged my body...it was INSANE how sexy it made me feel. The other was an Ashley Escante Peignoir set...it was quite elegant.

LanaM
12-11-2009, 03:49 PM
I've had two mayor purges, first one I threw everything away. Last one in 2002 I sold mostly everything on Ebay since that collection was extensive and expensive. The thing I regret the most was I deleted 100's of digital photos I had taken in all my outfits and wedding gowns, even outdoor shots from my outside adventures that I would kill to get back. For God sake I was years younger and I didn't have as many wrinkles! Oh well live and learn. If I do ever purge again it will be Ebay and charity but the new photos are never going away!

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Yes, I've regretted purging... Ironically the only item I miss was a really cheap, $4 bra from the Dollar General. :P It was just the right thin-ness and just the right size, just the right everything. And of course being the freaking dollar store, they're carrying new crapola cheap ones every week, and of course no longer have the one I got before.

MizT
12-11-2009, 04:38 PM
I have purged probably 3 times..the last one a major. Starting over is difficult and expensive. I wish I had just half what I threw away, especially the slips. Oh well, not going to do it again!

Caity
12-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Two years ago I purged because of weight gain, thinking I would never fit into my favorite clothes again. Big mistake throwing out all my pretty clothes because I did get back to my ideal weight of 155. Oh well, I do miss some items, but I do have some really nice clothes now.

susancheerleader
12-11-2009, 06:14 PM
I have spent too much money, just to "though it all out."
Sure, there are times I "purge" but I put all my stuff in a bag and stash it out of sight. (Out of sight, out of mind!)

Then when the inevidable comes, and I want to dress, I take all my stuff out and have it.

Crossjoerg
12-12-2009, 08:22 AM
I purged a lot of my nice and expensive things about 6 month ago. Fortunately, I preserved some specials, as big silicone boobs and high heels. As most of crossdressers, I could not remain for a long period without bras, girdles, corsetts, pantyhoses and high heels as shown in my last trends.

PantyhoseNPumps
12-12-2009, 08:41 AM
a VERY sore subject to me....

NicoleScott
12-12-2009, 10:00 AM
I purged 3 times, the last (and I mean LAST) over 15 years ago. Yes, I'd like some of that stuff back. But the inevitable replacement period allows you to evaluate what you had and upgrade as needed.

bridget jones
12-12-2009, 11:39 AM
I have purged more than I care to think about.I like most girls here seem to collect items again.The one I regret most was about 1995 I threw away very expensive make up,a lot of lingerie,dresses,heels,wigs and my nearly me breast forms.....I think I'll cry now :(

kate473
12-31-2009, 11:01 AM
I do regret purging some breastforms and luxury bodysuits. It would be nice to tape on the breastforms and try out some halter or other low-back dresses and tops.

But there's a plus--I can have fun shopping for all the new designs. Without dressing 24x7 and going out, my stuff doesn't wear out as fast as GGs. Swapping stuff on eBay, forums, and Craigslist takes lots of time that I'd rather be shopping and browsing the wide range of women's clothes.

I get too worried about my stash being found. In the moment, purging seems to feel safer.

Desiree2bababe
12-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Of course......I wish I had some of the wigs I've tossed over the last 35 years and the heels.

sherib
12-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Always.

Susan Thomas
12-31-2009, 06:31 PM
Sure, I have purged numerous times. I am afraid of being discovered by my wife. After purging, it seems less stressful. I sometimes wonder how many pairs of panties and bras I have purchased. I would think a conservative estimate would be over 500 pair of panties and 100 bras. I would love to have some the classic Playtex girdles back. Right now I haven't purged for over six months, which is a long time for me. For the first time, I actually wore some pantyhose to the point where they wore out. I left them in the hotel room waste basket. I wonder if housekeeping assumed a gg was the guest in the room?:drink:

Kimberly Michelle
12-31-2009, 06:34 PM
I have always regretted purging (3 or 4 times guilty). Finally realized that this is an important part of me and would not do it again. When my now GG/ SO first got together over 5 years ago I came out to her at the very beginning that I was a closet CD, as I knew from the past that hiding it or trying to stop would make me miserable. Thank god she has been extremely supportive and gets more angry at the "public perception" of CD'ing than I do. Yaa me... got me a keeper!!! She has convinced me to go out dressed on several occasions and we always had a good time. Upside of those purges is I don't miss the clothes and wigs I have thrown out anything like I would miss her. That stuff can be replaced.