PDA

View Full Version : Visit with the DR.

Kerigirl2009
11-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Well like so many others, I had an office visit to my Doctor today and I had it in my head that I was going to bite the bullet and continue to wear my panties while their for a physical (knowing I would be exposed) so as I was getting ready to leave I had picked out a very plain pair of black panties with no bows or lace Just the word Jockey. Well anyways I chickened out at the last minute and quickly changed into a colorful pair of mens briefs (yuck) well upon changing I just happened to notice that I had the markings of a band going around my upper chest. Ok so if you haven't figured it out It was from my BRA. A perfect mark all the way around. What is a girl to do (nothing) but a closeted crossdresser (panic) But I went anyways hoping that it would go away before I had to remove my shirt. Well now that I built you up here is what happened. Nothing he didn't say a word about the marks, absolutely nothing. What he was more interested in was why I shaved my pubic area and legs. (never even crossed my mind) So I just told him I like to feel clean and I don't like body hair. So I shave. and he says to me that he is seeing so many men lately that are shaving that he just might have to try it. LOL I mentioned that my wife enjoys me being shaved which of course I was fibbing. So anyways I started to panic over the obvious markings left by my bra (which normally I enjoy seeing) So if your thinking about wearing your panties to the Doctor don't forget about your bra, and of course remember your hairless body too. Maybe nest time I will bite the bullet and just go the way I like to dress. I mean I am a grown man and a growing woman, shouldn;t I be able to do what I want to do and wear what I want to wear. Acceptance is what I want, but exposure is what I fear. Thanks for reading, and good luck to us all.:)

Brittany North
11-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Hee hee, I booked a doc visit next week and was thinking about the same things.

Doctors are just people, but I would think they've seen everything under the sun. I doubt much would surprise them.

Loni
11-19-2009, 06:00 PM
My fear is not from the dr or his nurses or staff.

But under obamacare, All medical files will be posted to a web site. and there probley is a check mark, or something like a file to befilled out when a cd is seen.
Just another way to stomp down on people.
Any gov that is runamuck, will use All info to do this to people, history has proven this many a time.

Yea-sure I do have a tripple thick tin hat.
And another one that is so cute :-)

joann426
11-19-2009, 06:02 PM
youare right keri we are grown men trying to be happy as we are as of the doctor he has seen it all by now :doh:

boardpuppy
11-19-2009, 06:12 PM
There are so many ways to be flagged by the gov. today just don't worry about it, enjoy yourself. When the time comes and they want to hassle us then we will worry about it then.

Hugs,
Alice

Ugly Michele
11-19-2009, 06:14 PM
My fear is not from the dr or his nurses or staff.

But under obamacare, All medical files will be posted to a web site. and there probley is a check mark, or something like a file to befilled out when a cd is seen.
Just another way to stomp down on people.
Any gov that is runamuck, will use All info to do this to people, history has proven this many a time.

Yea-sure I do have a tripple thick tin hat.
And another one that is so cute :-)

or the refusal for care because of how it is perceived.

jenniferishappy
11-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Re: Loni and Obamacare.
Please, please, please. We all have our opinions and I look to these forums for refuge from the BS. I have been in medicine, cancer specifically (very confidential) for 15 years and the idea that our medical records are going to be on 'a website' is ludicrous, I will practice restraint on that one. But even if you feel the need to spread fear, please dont start with the Dem/Repub/Lib/Con talk. I cant take it anymore, please stop. Thank you.

Leslie Langford
11-19-2009, 06:29 PM
...What he was more interested in was why I shaved my pubic area and legs. (never even crossed my mind) So I just told him I like to feel clean and I don't like body hair. So I shave. and he says to me that he is seeing so many men lately that are shaving that he just might have to try it. LOL I mentioned that my wife enjoys me being shaved which of course I was fibbing. So anyways I started to panic over the obvious markings left by my bra (which normally I enjoy seeing) So if your thinking about wearing your panties to the Doctor don't forget about your bra, and of course remember your hairless body too...

...here's a reminder that we older CD's here need to be mindful of the fact that as we age, while we start to lose hair in some parts of our bodies, we also sprout new ones in other parts e.g. the nose and ears. Keeping an eye on those unruly hairs and trimming them on a regular basis before they start to become obvious is a must in enhancing our ability to pass or blend in. Almost as important as taming that dreaded "blue shadow"...

Stephenie S
11-19-2009, 06:30 PM
It is always very impolite to spring your "secret" on anyone, including your doctor, by just showing up "dressed". TALK to your doctor first. TELL your doctor. Don't just show up in panties and a bra expecting a reaction.

Your doctor has NO time to care a whit what you are wearing. Ten to fifteen minutes per patient is ALL they are allowed by the insurance companies. If you want your doctor to know, tell him/her. Really guys, the way to communicate is by talking. TALK to your doctor. TALK to your wife. TALK to your family.

Lovies,
Stephenie

AlisonRenee
11-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Please, please, please. We all have our opinions and I look to these forums for refuge from the BS. I have been in medicine, cancer specifically (very confidential) for 15 years and the idea that our medical records are going to be on 'a website' is ludicrous, I will practice restraint on that one. But even if you feel the need to spread fear, please dont start with the Dem/Repub/Lib/Con talk. I cant take it anymore, please stop. Thank you.

Double AMEN to that, Jen.

The only way I want to hear from any of the squawking-head political pundits here is if they're wearing to-die-for outfit, in which case I will look and admire.

jenniferishappy
11-19-2009, 07:04 PM

The only way I want to hear from any of the squawking-head political pundits here is if they're wearing to-die-for outfit, in which case I will look and admire.

OK, fine. But only with earplugs in!!! You are too funny. :hugs:

Sally24
11-19-2009, 07:25 PM
I told my doctor straight up about Sally. This can have an impact on my state of mind and moods, which is one of the things we are working on with medication. Also, if this was to go further than I plan, I have my GP onboard already.

Laura_Stephens
11-19-2009, 07:27 PM

Spreading false fear is VERY bad. However, the provision that ALL medical practioners must submit ALL medical records to the federal government -- even if the service was not paid for by the government -- is part and parcel of the the "American Reinvestment and Recovery Act" a.k.a. the "Stimulus Bill" that was passed while Dub was president and supported by both McCain and Obama.

To date, there have been no case law tests of the requirements and it is to be seen as to whether those provisos will be found to be either Constitutional or enforceable. However, given the activist stance of Federal Courts since the early 40's, I would be more than surprised if the requirements were overturned.

So.......

Now you know.....

Jilmac
11-19-2009, 07:27 PM
I get my six month checkups at my local VA hospital. I've worn panties at least three times in the past two years and haven't heard a word from anybody. My provider is a nurse/practitioner and has probably seen it all. Anyway, she's pretty cool.

kymmieLorain
11-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Did my yearly check up with my VA Dr yesterday. I wore a pair of black pinstriped joe boxer panties. With not a problem with the Dr I had taken my polish off my toes but still had traces also no problem.

kymmie

Misty G
11-19-2009, 07:40 PM
I always wear panties and pantyhose to the doctor. And have been shaved for over 10 years.

Rianna Humble
11-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Please, please, please. We all have our opinions and I look to these forums for refuge from the BS. I have been in medicine, cancer specifically (very confidential) for 15 years and the idea that our medical records are going to be on 'a website' is ludicrous, I will practice restraint on that one. But even if you feel the need to spread fear, please don't start with the Dem/Repub/Lib/Con talk. I cant take it any more, please stop. Thank you.

I couldn't agree with Jen more.

What does your particular anti {enter the name of the politician you love to hate here} crusade have to do with the reason we use these forums? Nothing!

By all means have your own political views, but don't ram them down our throats.

If I want party politics, I'll go to a political meeting and won't expect them to tell me how to dress.

If I want to discuss my cross-dressing, I'll come here and don't expect to be told how you vote (or not).

MsJanessa
11-19-2009, 08:14 PM

ditto---I work in Washington DC, near the capital, and can see that kind of thing every day on the mall--that BS gets very very old quickly

Daintre
11-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Focus people, this thread is not about Democrats, Republicans or Obama. It is about wearing lingerie when seeing your doctor. Leave your politics at the door.

Stephenie S
11-19-2009, 09:26 PM
For those of you who worry about your medical records, let me say that I actually WORK in healthcare. Privacy is something that the government takes VERY seriously. We get several hours of in-service training on this EVERY year. There are posters and instructions posted everywhere in every medical facility about protecting patients privacy.

The fine for a FIRST offence of misusing patient infortmation is $250,000. The government and the healthcare industry take this VERY seriously.

Be more afraid of the information available about your shopping habits and your internet surfing history than the misuse of your health records. There is already a booming industry set up to track your shopping history and your commercial likes and disikes and where you go on the internet.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Bernadina
11-19-2009, 09:34 PM
I don't worry about it. The very rare times I go see any kind of doctor, nail polish and panties come with me. Yes, sometimes they take a 2nd look at my toe nails but I think they are just jealous that they aren't wearing any.

sherri52
11-19-2009, 09:45 PM
I had a complete physical three weeks ago and never thought about it until this thread. The doctor never said a word and that was at the VA.

JessicaMiller
11-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Interesting stories. This has me thinking a little. Maybe i will make this my next step, out!

EveMarie
11-19-2009, 10:24 PM
It is always very impolite to spring your "secret" on anyone, including your doctor, by just showing up "dressed". TALK to your doctor first. TELL your doctor. Don't just show up in panties and a bra expecting a reaction.

Your doctor has NO time to care a whit what you are wearing. Ten to fifteen minutes per patient is ALL they are allowed by the insurance companies. If you want your doctor to know, tell him/her. Really guys, the way to communicate is by talking. TALK to your doctor. TALK to your wife. TALK to your family.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Well my proverbial cat is way out of the bag…
During one of my recent surgeries (I've had 6 in the last 5 years for cancer, gallbladder, by-pass, and a few other things) One of the prep nurses saw my crotch was shaved and just said "procedure or preference?" I replied the latter of course :battingeyelashes:

And now I'm seeing a therapist for my "transgender" issues with Evie I've had to talk to my GP, cardiologist, and oncologist about the effects of hormones (should I decide to go that route) on a 58 year old body with my medical history :eek:

The good news? they all agreed it was OK… (if I so chose to go that road…)
:):):):)

Caroline C
11-19-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm not worried about doctor confidentiality, but one time when going to the chiropractor while he was massaging and adjusting my back he rubbed a few fingers across the bra strap mark. I think he realized what it was and never said a word.

trannie T
11-19-2009, 11:17 PM
I keep a pair of men's briefs for trips to the doctor. I had my annual checkup recently, when I dressed in the morning I wore my usual panties. As I left the house for my appointment I realised what underwear I was wearing. Although I had time to change I decided to go as I was. The nurse checked my blood pressure, the doctor listened to my heartbeat and said, "See you next year." I wore a rather plain pair of panties, should have worn the pink ones with the cute little bow.

Jamie001
11-19-2009, 11:17 PM
The clothing that you are wearing is not your doctor's business. There are there to treat your body and that is all.

Kerigirl2009
11-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Ok lots of info, my reason for the post was simple, I was opening up a little and thought I would wear a plain pair of panties, definately womens but without the frills, but I changed my mind, and then to notice the obvious bra marks left on me made me nervous but I had to go. And surprised with the non reprecussions but even more surprised by the comment from the Doctor about shaving. Thought it was funny. By the way it is already in my medical records that I crossdress, thanks to my therapist and the insurance company as my therapist is out of network so I needed approval and had to be specific about the whys I was seeking advice. My wife also knows about me and is dealing with it very well. No reason to tell the kids, none of their concern yet.
Thanks for the comments, hopefully others can leave their Doctor visit comments. :)

jenniferishappy
11-20-2009, 12:43 PM
For those of you who worry about your medical records, let me say that I actually WORK in healthcare. Privacy is something that the government takes VERY seriously. We get several hours of in-service training on this EVERY year. There are posters and instructions posted everywhere in every medical facility about protecting patients privacy.

The fine for a FIRST offence of misusing patient infortmation is $250,000. The government and the healthcare industry take this VERY seriously.

Be more afraid of the information available about your shopping habits and your internet surfing history than the misuse of your health records. There is already a booming industry set up to track your shopping history and your commercial likes and disikes and where you go on the internet.

Lovies,
Stephenie

In the clinic I cant even look at my own wifes records without signing in and leaving a trail that I was there. The penalty for a violation of peeking at electronic medical records that you had no verifiable business with is termination at this hospital. First offense. Before I could have just moseyed into the record room and looked at anything I wanted. Our medical records on 'a website' is an oversimplified scare tactic. This is my last comment on this one way or the other, I wont go there on this forum:censor:. Dont worry about this girls, just be yourself and dont make apologies. And hey, why not be straight up with your doctor? You would have to pull something extreme to shock the seasoned pro!! So... Yay! I will do the same next visit and provide my Dr with some free entertainment. She is a lovely MD.

AlisonRenee
11-20-2009, 02:44 PM
I think Loni makes a good point, and I don't like the government getting into our personal lives - the IRS is already our US version of secret police, we don't need any more. We talk about everything on here, even things not at all connected to CD'ing directly, so why shouldn't we talk about political topics, particularly those which do have potential impact on CD's as a group. If someone doesn't like the discussion, no one is forcing them to read the thread.

:2c:

The reason I don't think it belongs here is because we all have our opinions. Nothing I can read here about politics is going to change my mind, nor is anything I can say going to change yours.

What it WILL do is sour our perspectives on each other as individuals.

The Web is loaded with political forums, and cable "news" (if you want to call it that, and I do not) is equally loaded. If I feel the need to roll in the muck, I can find it with no difficulty.

We're already a distinctly "different" group as it is, and just look at how much time we spend discussing acceptance... or the lack thereof, or our longing for acceptance.

Why trash that?

sheidelmeidel
11-20-2009, 03:14 PM
I don't think it would be appropriate for a physician to comment on your wardrobe in connection with sexual orientation or CD'ing unless it was directly relevant to your medical condition, and if a physician did so, they might be subject to some sort of professional discipline - censure, reprimand, etc.

pamela_a
11-20-2009, 03:25 PM
The only comments about anything I've worn to the doctor has been mostly from the nurses or other staff complimenting me on my outfit. Especially on the days I wore a skirt or dress..

They've seen it all people!!!! As I've said hundreds of times, you're not the first and you'll probably not be the last. Please stop worrying about it. They are there to address your medical issues not critique your wardrobe.

-Pam-

Jaclyn NM
11-20-2009, 04:06 PM
It has been said many times, but to repeat it: doctors are concerned about your health and physical well being, not what clothes you wear. I have shaved my legs for years, and have had numerous physicals from many different doctors, and not one of them mentioned it. Once, when getting into a hot-tub at a ski resort, a woman noticed and said I had very smooth legs, and I simply said that I run a lot, and wear those neoprene sleeves to keep my knees from getting sore (which happens to be the truth), and that it was much easier and less painful putting them on (since they do pull out your hair) to just shave my legs. And she said that made sense, and we got into a whole discussion about shaving methods, techniques, etc. It ended up being most enjoyable, so I never worry about it anymore.

lingerieLiz
11-21-2009, 12:33 AM
My chiropractor who was female and I assumed was gay snapped my panties waistband to let me know she knew. Her staff knew I wore lingerie, but it was the frist time she had seen my undies. She also mentioned one day that we had on the same women's shoes. She never said anything about it though.

I never intended for any of them to know, but didn't hide it either.

Claire Cook
11-21-2009, 05:06 AM
I told my doctor straight up about Sally. This can have an impact on my state of mind and moods, which is one of the things we are working on with medication. Also, if this was to go further than I plan, I have my GP onboard already.

I'm with Sally on this one. I've told both of my doctors (one is a GG) about me, and asked their advice about taking phytoestrogens. (I am taking soy isoflavones, with her approval.) A couple of years ago my dermatologist (skin cancer is a real deal in Florida) told me that males can get breast cancer. I hadn't told him, so now he knows...and I know how to do a breast exam. Anyway, we shouldn't be embarrased about wearing panties to the doctor .. if the subject comes up, it will be an interesting conversation.

Vicki-Z
11-22-2009, 02:20 AM
My doctor is a man and I would be too embaressed and uncomfortable to wear panties, have my nails painted etc. If my doctor was a women it wouldn't bother me at all to wear my lingerie and tell her about my femme side. I would feel more at ease with a woman doctor. Funny huh!

Sedona
11-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Focus people, this thread is not about Democrats, Republicans or Obama. It is about wearing lingerie when seeing your doctor. Leave your politics at the door.

AMEN!!! :eek:

JenniferR771
11-22-2009, 10:14 AM
I don't underdress. My doctor knows, also a couple of nurses. No problem. But the doc said, "I will not put this in your medical records."

Years ago at my counselor's office. I was talking to the office girls paying my bill for a session and on the bill the computer printed the reason or diagnosis, "Transvestic fetishism". I talked with my couselor about that--invasion of my privacy, I felt at that time. He assured me he would correct that.