PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Christmas is Coming - Shop Till You Drop Time

Bernadina
11-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Just remember, no sales clerk ever questions a man buying women's underwear and clothes near Christmas. They just assume its for the wife, girlfriend, mistress, sister, aunt, grandmother, etc.

So guys, go shopping in the ladies department. If you feel a bit nervous, just ask that they include the gift receipt. No need to explain.

NV Susan
11-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Bernadina, I have used this thinking for years. Untill the last few years I would only shop for my fem side the 3 or 4 weeks before Christmas.

Kathi Lake
11-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Unless, of course, you're trying it on. :)

Kathi

Leelou
11-19-2009, 10:59 PM
Yes, when I started buying girly-stuff I'd ask for a gift box. I'm more comfortable now, but I'll still ask for the box if I need one.:battingeyelashes:

trannie T
11-19-2009, 11:22 PM
For those who are timid there are three opportunities to buy womens clothing. The first is Christmas, you can buy most anything. Valentines Day allows one to buy lingerie and sexy undies. Finally Mothers Day is another chance to buy anything except fot a flannel nightgown.

Bernadina
11-19-2009, 11:30 PM

Kathi

He he, no problem if the men's department is on the same floor. Just use the men's changing room. Maybe grab a pair of men's pants to cover the dress when you walk in if you need too.

lingerieLiz
11-19-2009, 11:42 PM
To many amateur shoppers and sales assistants. I'll post my VS story separate.
Of course I don't like crowds period. I was at Ross today and the line was terrible. Walked through the lingerie section and didn't see anything that I could not live without and just left.

kellycan27
11-19-2009, 11:46 PM

Kathi

Just tell em you're the same size.. no problem :heehee:

kellycan27
11-19-2009, 11:48 PM
For those who are timid there are three opportunities to buy womens clothing. The first is Christmas, you can buy most anything. Valentines Day allows one to buy lingerie and sexy undies. Finally Mothers Day is another chance to buy anything except fot a flannel nightgown.

yeah, I'd like to buy these sexy panties for my mom...:lol2:

Kathi Lake
11-20-2009, 12:04 AM
:Angry3:

Hey, I've got an idea - tell the SA it's for you. Not only will you be sure it's the right size and that it fits well, but you'll be gaining the respect of most women at the same time. C'mon ladies, man up and let her know it's for you!

Kathi

SuzanneBender
11-20-2009, 12:35 AM
:Angry3:

Hey, I've got an idea - tell the SA it's for you. Not only will you be sure it's the right size and that it fits well, but you'll be gaining the respect of most women at the same time. C'mon ladies, man up and let her know it's for you!

Kathi

Kathi,

You would have been proud! Tonight I was in Charlette Russe endrab and the SAs (all new Christmas help I hate amateurs) were like don't make eye contact with the crazy guy that is giddy over all the hottie apparel. I took my initial choices to the counter. The young SA behind asked if I wanted a gift box and I told her no these are for me and I need help finding some things that go well with this skirt and I need to try on the other items to make sure they fit. By the end of the evening her friends in the store realized that ignoring the crossdresser with a handful of clothes is not the right choice if you are working on commission.

Girls listen to Kathi if there is one woman on this site that knows shopping it is her.

Be proud of who you are it results in a much better wardrobe.

Kerigirl2009
11-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Here is the funny thing, all of the times that I have been shopping I have never had a SA really ask me if I needed any help. Even while in the womens wear. IF they do ask I just tell them I am just browsing if I need help I will let you know. I am very comfortable shopping. However I have not gone shopping en femme or tried anything on. Someday maybe, I have this thought, I am buying these for me and I don't really care if they know, I do not know these people outside of the store, therefore where is the problem. Only in our minds I think. I do however wish I was out more than I am so I believe that has something to do with it. Just putting my thoughts together for that post soon.
So go shopping and if your comfortable with yourself weather dressed plainly or en femme just have fun and quit worring about what someone might think of your purchases. I have purchased a lot and not ever has anyone ran up behind me after I purchased items and said Is that for you. If they where ever that blunt I would say Of course. :) I just don't volunteer that information.:)

Sarah Doepner
11-20-2009, 11:42 AM
I never seem to get any interaction with the sales staff when I shop. Maybe I need to upgrade my shopping from the internet and thrift stores to real women's wear shops?

Kathi Lake
11-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Kathi,

You would have been proud! Tonight I was in Charlette Russe endrab and the SAs (all new Christmas help I hate amateurs) were like don't make eye contact with the crazy guy that is giddy over all the hottie apparel. I took my initial choices to the counter. The young SA behind asked if I wanted a gift box and I told her no these are for me and I need help finding some things that go well with this skirt and I need to try on the other items to make sure they fit. By the end of the evening her friends in the store realized that ignoring the crossdresser with a handful of clothes is not the right choice if you are working on commission. Suzanne, that is perfect!! Thanks for the shopping comment, too.

First off, I love Charlotte Russe and other stores like this. After all, we like pretty and hot clothes too! Secondly, and more importantly, you interacted with the SA. If you skulk into the store, not making eye contact with anyone, I find that "the creepy vibe" is sent out strongly. Instead,walk right up to them with a smile and your head held high. Interrupt their conversation with a fellow SA about how hot her date was last night (she, like us, is probably lying about the date anyway :)). Ask for their help. My attitude with SA's is, whether you're happy or not, you're extremely happy to help me. If you find one that's a bit stubborn, either try to defuse the situation with humor, or find another SA. Girls, they have the expertise that many of us lack. They're almost conditioned to help others with outfit choices, it seems. Ask them!!

I never seem to get any interaction with the sales staff when I shop. Maybe I need to upgrade my shopping from the internet and thrift stores to real women's wear shops?That may be step one. Of course, interaction with SA's is like dancing. Until you're comfortable with them, make sure you lead. Like Suzanne did, go up and ask them for help. Even if you're just browsing, if someone comes up and offers their assistance, accept. They can help you browse. Knowing what their store carries, they can show you things that will look good on you and good together. Plus, it's a metric crapload of fun!!

Kathi

Fab Karen
11-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Just remember, no sales clerk ever questions a man buying women's underwear and clothes near Christmas. They just assume its for the wife, girlfriend, mistress, sister, aunt, grandmother, etc.

So guys, go shopping in the ladies department. If you feel a bit nervous, just ask that they include the gift receipt. No need to explain.

They don't care. Shop for what you want, when you want.

Sheila
11-20-2009, 06:03 PM

ermmmmmmmmmmmmm is that the only time of the year guys shop for their wifes/partners/girlfriends/relatives .............. or is that all we are a blind :confused:

Nigella23
11-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Seriously, I have shopped many times for my wife, at all times of the year! I have never, been giggled at, pointed at, or ridiculed. This has made it very easy for me to shop for myself, knowing that the only difference is the size I'm buying. I know many "blokes" who wouldn't dream of buying their SO's clothes, I always thought they were missing out!
Kathi's advice is perfect, be bold, smile approach the SA and talk to them! As Fab Karen says
They don't care. Shop for what you want, when you want.

The only person who know's what you are browsing for or buying, is yourself! I work in retail, granted not womenswear, (hmmm note to self, carrear change, staff discount!), and it never occurs to me or the other staff, what products people buy and who they might be for, we're too busy thinking "kerrr-ching" as the till rings the sale up!

sherri52
11-20-2009, 08:22 PM
If I try it on can I still use the excuse.

Lainie
11-20-2009, 09:51 PM
First it was"
"You must try it before you buy it"

for a while it was:
"Never buy anything feminine unless you are already wearing one of the same article."

Now it's:
"Never go shopping for women's wear unless you wear a skirt into the shop."

This saves me some money, since it cuts down on the number of times I can go shopping. :D

victoriamwilliams1
11-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Thats why I love this season:) I hope to pick up a few new outfits while endrab:)