PDA

View Full Version : Will someone help a first time CDer?

johnthefisherman
11-20-2009, 02:18 AM
I've always wanted to crossdress. I'm 20, and i still live with my parents. I want to get a dress, top, skirt, heels, bra, thong, balloons as breasts, lip gloss, makeup, nail polish, nail polish remover, and a lady razor. About how much would this cost? I'm getting the clothes at Ross (a discount department store) Also, where should i hide my clothes, as my parents and I are very "open" as in nosy?

Holly
11-20-2009, 02:24 AM
About how much would this cost? $38.47

where should i hide my clothes, as my parents and I are very "open"? Put them in a waterproof bag and hide them in the bottom of the fish pond.

Samantha Girl
11-20-2009, 03:21 AM
Well, you'll probably wind up spending too much on makeup because your bound to buy stuff that doesn't work for you or you turn out not liking once it's on. Or even ruining/wasting makeup just learning how to use it, this is all from personal experience. Trust me the makeup budget will be more than you think :|

Your outfit could go anywhere from $40 to $80 depending on your style. Whether you want stockings/fishnets and don't forget shoes or boots too. BTW do you have a wig or long hair? That's a cost consideration ;) You're probably going to spend over $100. Depending on whether you're getting shoes or you need a wig.

In terms of hiding. I say get a small opaque plastic bin or box that can not only fit all your stuff but a bit more. That way you put something else on top of girly stuff in the box on the off chance someone found the box, they may not delve too deep. I say hide it in a closet, under your bed, wherever you have a lot of crap ;) That's what I used to do.

Hope any of that helps :)

PerryWu
11-20-2009, 03:40 AM
I think your parents won't open your wardrobe.

KELLYANN
11-20-2009, 03:49 AM
HI JOHN. how much? depends where you live. as holly said, maybe 40 bucks or 4000. being transgendered or a crossdresser if you prefer, can be very expensive. don't know your situation, shop at goodwill, thrift stores etc. you are young, and if sincere, you will grow into this. never went OUT public til i was 35 yrs. old. now i love it. you say your parents are open? can you talk with them? glad you're here WELCOME lots of good people here to help. just ask! :love: kellyann

baby beluga
11-20-2009, 05:50 AM
I've always wanted to crossdress. I'm 20, and i still live with my parents. I want to get a dress, top, skirt, bra, thong, balloons as breasts, lip gloss, makeup, nail polish, nail polish remover, and a lady razor. About how much would this cost? I'm getting the clothes at Ross (a discount department store) Also, where should i hide my clothes, as my parents and I are very "open"?

the internet can tell you how much things cost, might want to start there!

Karren H
11-20-2009, 06:26 AM
About how much would this cost? $38.47

where should i hide my clothes, as my parents and I are very "open"? Put them in a waterproof bag and hide them in the bottom of the fish pond.

We need to go shopping together, Holly!! Lol. Ohhh and you forgot sales tax... And given the information at hand... How did you figure out there were fish in that there ceement pond? :D.

Paula_56
11-20-2009, 07:26 AM
Go slow, learn about fashsion, makeup, and hair,

It takes years to develope a sense of style, thats what being a teenage girl is about.

Look at women your age, who do you want to be like?

Find an outfit,and emulate it.

AmberLynn
11-20-2009, 11:41 AM
HI JOHN. how much? depends where you live. as holly said, maybe 40 bucks or 4000. being transgendered or a crossdresser if you prefer, can be very expensive. don't know your situation, shop at goodwill, thrift stores etc. you are young, and if sincere, you will grow into this. never went OUT public til i was 35 yrs. old. now i love it. you say your parents are open? can you talk with them? glad you're here WELCOME lots of good people here to help. just ask! :love: kellyann

Go slow, learn about fashsion, makeup, and hair,

It takes years to develope a sense of style, thats what being a teenage girl is about.

Look at women your age, who do you want to be like?

Find an outfit,and emulate it.

add the goodwill/thrift store with imulating girls fashion you like,big money saver there. and when you say open im guessing you mean they paw thru your stuff :doh: a bin is a great idea and pile stuff that would be of little concern to them on the top like metioned,fyi somewhere sucluded where your parent's rarely go but you have open acess to is a great idea. I used a crawl space and at one time the basment had drop tile ceiling :thumbsup: bet theres still a few mystires up there. good luck

AlisonRenee
11-20-2009, 11:42 AM
I've always wanted to crossdress. I'm 20, and i still live with my parents. I want to get a dress, top, skirt, bra, thong, balloons as breasts, lip gloss, makeup, nail polish, nail polish remover, and a lady razor. About how much would this cost? I'm getting the clothes at Ross (a discount department store) Also, where should i hide my clothes, as my parents and I are very "open"?

-- can tell you from experience that the balloon-boobs are not very satisfying after the first try or two. Save your pennies up for a proportionate-to-you set of breast forms, you're going to want them. :battingeyelashes:

jenny01
11-20-2009, 11:45 AM
+1 to the Goodwill stores. You can pick up many outfits and shoes for under $50. I have been there twicw and will be back.

Sarah Doepner
11-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Get the clothes at the thrift store. Hold out your wallet and let them take all your money. Then go get more money. If you decide you really need to continue doing this, get even more money and start going to better stores.

Study the help sections here for advise on makeup and forms, etc. Try to get quality if you can. The results will be much better and you will have a more realistic idea of what you can achieve.

Find a local support group.

Read all the posts on how important it is to come out to significant others in your life.

Put your new girl clothes in your dresser or hang them in your closet and tell your parents that this is something you really need to try.

Christina Horton
11-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Well hun just figger that you will spend about 2,000$ to be fully equipped with.... one dress one top, skirt , pants , shoes , pantyhose , panties , bra , slip optional ,wig if you don't have long hair , jewelry like girly watch bracelets neck lace hair accessory's ear rings , and of course makeup. The makeup will run you for a starter kit I would think at least 1,000$. This is all of course if you want to dress up fully to (pass) and either go out or to just practice you look. Most of the clothes you can find at goodwill but that stuff is all at least last season's stuff. Just dress your age and you should be fine.

I told my Mom and Dad at age 23 . They did not melt down but my Mom hated if. Until this year when she finally excepted it. Every one in my family and friends all knew then and not as of last year Aug 9th (witch was my first time out fully dressed) they all now are ok with it, The only one whom has a small prob with it now is my Dad , bet he is ok with it and is willing to meet Christina .Maybe it's the best time to tell them, Even if that hate it at least they know EH. SO good luck and remember the boobs is not something that should have air in them. Try some nylons and fill them with rice or bird seed, make them the size that's right with your body size , IE, if you thin small if your plus size like I am bigger. It will work until you can get a Mastectomy breast forms and bra. Just look in the yellow pages under "Mastectomy" and you can find the shop nearest you. They are fine with men looking for them.

Oh don't have any fear of shopping in drab, 99% of the SA's have deat with CD TG TS's before.

sherri
11-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Heck, I'll try to ballpark it for you. Assuming you do your homework in advance, you can probably put together a basic makeup kit, nails, razor and an inexpensive wig for roughly US$150. Balloons are a bad idea, but you can get a starter pair of silicone forms for less than $100. Too many variables to quote the clothes, but don't forget shoes.

As for hiding clothes, it depends on whether "open" means "nosy". If you have a crowded closet you might could just hang an outfit up with all your guy clothes. A dress will hang down too far, but a shirt and skirt might blend right in. Sometimes the best place to hide is in plain sight. It shouldn't be too hard to find somewhere to hide the makeup and other stuff -- a couple of shoe boxes hidden in your closet ought to do it.

lavistaa62
11-20-2009, 02:15 PM
It's hard to "get started" unless you have sister about your size:) However, have you considered going to one of the makeover places? They'll be in a position to make your first experience a positive one and you'll come away with a record of the event.

If that's not what you'd like, just getting some clothes that fit is a nice start I think and a razor for obvious reasons. Wigs, etc can all wait until you decide if it's right for you. You can start to grow your hair if you want to for instance. breastforms are nice, great actually, but it's not critical until you decide it's something you really enjoy and need to have as a part of your life.

If you don't have clothes, let me chime and recommend goodwill. If you don't want to shop in public (if you do it will go fine I assure you) then ebay is a good bet even though there's more risk involved. The Clearance racks at Kohls and similar are also great places to start without a lot of investment. Speaking of which....

NathalieX66
11-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Years ago when I was a dirt poor college student, I bought a corduroy miniskirt for $4 at the Salvation Army. That's just an example.

Kate Simmons
11-20-2009, 06:08 PM
The equipment you mentioned does not necessarily make you a crossdresser, you do. You need to mentally rehearse the whole thing first and make it a part of you. Besides you don't "become"a CD Hon. You will either know you are one or not.:)

sherri
11-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Years ago when I was a dirt poor college student, I bought a corduroy miniskirt for $4 at the Salvation Army. That's just an example.I still do that. The like-new cashmere sweater I wore last Saturday night cost me a whopping $1.50. Those kinds of finds are getting scarcer though as the economy drives more customers to the thrift shops.

tonixd
11-20-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm going with Nathalie on this one: Salvation Army.
I got 4 pairs of jeans and 4 denim skirts from there like 2 days ago for less then $20.
On the contrast, I got a bunch of tops with some shoes and jewelry from Sears for over $200. It is all in how much you can spend.
Hiding it? My personal recommendation is don't. Be who you are and be proud.
Other then that, locking luggage works wonders.

EveMarie
11-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Also, where should i hide my clothes, as my parents and I are very "open"?

OK this is confusing. If you and your parent are so "open" why would you have to hide anything in the first place?

I do agree with tony though, locking suitcases work fine. I kept Evies' clothes in a travel bag in my part of the closet I know she never ventured into. Try "playing with your mom's makeup when she's not around. look into a few magazines to see what's really hot in the way of makeup, ie. Cosmopoliton, Glamour, Vouge, etc. The full page makeup ads is what I used to try and recreate on me until I found a look that worked (or not). Most of the early makeup I used was acquired from my ex wives discards. Sweetie, makeup is expensive, so unless you go to a salon for a makeover, or really know what works and what doesn't, beg borrow or … well don't steal, but get makeup from waht ever source you can until the right stuff works then as was said before open your wallet and wave good-bye to all that green stuff
As far as the clothes, the same thing. Friends who either loose or gain weight and "just can't fit into these anymore" I have about 8 pair of jeans I got that way, and they all fit me to a "T" (what is a T anyway?). The only recent things I've purchased full retail was a dress ($39.95 Peter Harris) and a few nice fitting tops for last summer (less than $20 each, again at Peter Harris), and I shop online. Last summer I got a wonderful one piece black swimsuit from Spiegel for about $50, and a pair of High waist wide leg slacks for around $29, both on sale of course!

If nothing else, be resourceful :battingeyelashes:

luck to you sweetie, Evie

sherri52
11-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Start at a thrift store as the prices are much cheaper. Get the items you want the most first. As for you parents being nosey, I can't help you. As a parent I never went into my childrens drawers unless I thought they were doing drugs. I also had my children do thier own laundry.

girlalex
11-20-2009, 11:04 PM
dude, i have the exact same problem. i wish i could buy cloths from ross which is like 5 min away from my house but there wouldn't be any place to hide anything cuz my parents are all over the place. as far as the make up goes the perfect way to start is see how curtain make up looks on you along with different styles of wigs. for that you should sign up for
www.taaz.com

its a website where you upload a your face pic and apply on virtual make up that actually looks real. and every make up you apply on could be a different brand and color for you to see what its like on you and wheather you like it or not before you actually go out and shop. check it out. i have one myself.

Karen__Starr
11-21-2009, 04:17 AM
Besides thrift stores there are lots of web sites which have great deals were many times what I cannot find in stores will be online and at great prices if you look hard enough. I am well off but refuse to pay more than ten dollars for jeans and you should never either if you shop with this in mind and not sacrifice style.

Other things to add in regards to makeup is good makeup remover and moisturizers for after you remove your makeup.

To truly get the right appearance search this site for hiding the boys. There are many ways ranging from taping to gaffs and can be done cheap but for most takes practice.