PDA

View Full Version : Big day tomorrow

aleshiabaum
11-20-2009, 04:23 AM
I made an appointment with Victoria of Victoria's Rainbow here in Portland, OR for tomorrow. I was invited last weekend to go to a big costume party/fetish ball thing that happens once a month by a transsexual friend, but couldn't go because I couldn't put together an outfit that wouldn't look odd or too tame.

So, I tell my friend about my appointment and she promptly invites me to meet her at a bar and then accompany her to someone's birthday party.

I agreed; no time like the present. Gulp!
I made a previous appointment with Victoria but we got no farther than fitting me for breasts and a body shaper, then she started feeling tired, having had a long day already.

So tomorrow will be my first makeover, first time going out dressed, and first time hanging out with a room full of transsexuals, dressed as Aleshia or otherwise.

Oh, and the first time I've ever spent more than an hour in heels. And there'll be drinking.

No pressure.

Brittany North
11-20-2009, 06:34 AM
You know we expect a full report day after tomorrow don't you? Have fun, sounds like it'll be a blast!

Karren H
11-20-2009, 06:47 AM
Wow... Don't forget to take you camera!!

erickka
11-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Congrats, good luck, have fun, and most importantly, lots of pictures!

Little Julie
11-20-2009, 08:19 AM
Victoria did my very first makeover, She's great, your gonna have a PRETTY fantastic experience.
Hugs Julie

Elizebeth
11-20-2009, 09:00 AM
You will still be with friends it sounds like it will be a great day.

Rachael Ray
11-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Do me a favor when you see Victoria. Please ask her about my friend Brandi Water's whereabouts. I haven't heard from her in awhile and I'm concerned.
Thx.

Kathi Lake
11-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Aleshia, have a wonderful time!! Remember though, the only one putting pressure on you is you. Relax! Also remember this equation; newbie in heels + too much alcohol = bruises/blood/broken bones. :)

Remember to show your friends (that's us, silly!) the pictures!!

Kathi

Christina Horton
11-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Just FYI bring some flats just in case your feet get to sore or unstable to walk or to support yourself. I spare pair of easy on your feet shoes is something GGs know from there first time wearing high heals and we need to be told. Have fun hun.

aleshiabaum
11-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Just FYI bring some flats just in case your feet get to sore or unstable to walk or to support yourself. I spare pair of easy on your feet shoes is something GGs know from there first time wearing high heals and we need to be told. Have fun hun.

You know, that's really good advice. I don't suppose my black tennis shoes will fit the bill; maybe I can find the time to run to Fred Meyer. I don't have any kind of purse either. I need to clean my nails still; shave my body, shower, and I'm hoping to find time to pick up a can of that Airbrush Legs stuff Mandi talked about to cover up my super attractive shaving bumps.

Thanks for the support, everyone. I'm quite the noob around here, but you've been most kind to me...I hope I can say the same about folks tonight. The only time I've been to this bar before, the people's average age seemed to be about 21 1/2.
crushbar.com for you pdx'ers.

Rachael, can do. V loves email though, if you ever need her.

I have to laugh as I think: what do my female friends use for purses? What have I seen them with when we're out? Answer:
Backpack. Bookbag size to be sure. Maybe I should do the same, what with wanting extra shoes to wear.
Ahhhh! Nervous! I had a hard time getting to sleep, I have a ton of stuff to do, and here I sit. Drinking coffee to wake up.

NV Susan
11-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Hi Aleshia, Hope you have a blast at the party!!! :Party2:

Bobbi Lynn
11-21-2009, 12:57 AM
What she said!

Wow... Don't forget to take you camera!!

aleshiabaum
11-21-2009, 06:57 AM
Well, I'm back, and I'm bushed. It took about three hours for V to whip me into shape. She had me go dress and promptly said, "There's no way I can send you out in those clothes, hon!"

She did my brows, told me I need to moisturize, did my makeup, and then had me look through all the clothes. I avoided looking in the mirror until I was dressed. At first I was getting downhearted with the blouses, which my new breasts tented out until I looked a lot heavier. Then I found a beautiful knee length dark green velvet dress with beads embroidered into it. I'll take a picture and post it tomorrow.

I ended up wearing a new costume wig, a $20 cheapie with copper and black streaks. (Among the many lectures V gave me was how to treat a wig; she also talked me back down to size six forms and is going to consign my new 10's!)

But I didn't take any pictures. I was so late meeting my friend at the bar. I struggled with my strappy shoes every time I had to take them off to drive and put them back on; I never knew what women go through when they dress up before tonight!
I was also, to be honest, disappointed that I ended up looking as old or maybe even older than I am. I thought I would end up looking like a sweet young thing, but those days have long since passed. I looked like a fairly hot cougar, which is what I would be if I was really a woman. I just had unrealistic expectations; the lines around my mouth were accentuated by the makeup.

But I arrived at the bar to meet my new friend. The place was packed. I ordered a drink I've never wanted more in my life, and eventually some food; I hadn't eaten all day and didn't want to get drunk. Well, I did and I didn't.
We talked for an hour, I met a really cute transsexual friend of hers, who joined us for a few minutes. Then we went to the house party. It was perfect; men and women of all preferences, all mostly young and artsy. I met an adorable crossdresser that had the same name as my sister; an unusual enough name that I've never met anyone else with it. I ended up getting lessons in how to sit by three really sweet women, and we laughed a lot at my attempts; crossing one's legs at the knee in heels is one more thing that I for one am really glad i don't have to do all the time. I met a couple of women that I had a mutual friend with; got one's number and she ended up sitting with me outside, then in my lap as she and I kissed. It was a kick to have women this interested in me, as in guy mode this is not, unfortunately, my norm. Several of these women were lesbian or bi. I only talked to the guys briefly, pretty much sticking with the women, the other CD and my TS friend. The host was described to me as we were walking up as a Gender Queer; I thought that meant s/he was intersexed or a TS but s/he made a reference to 'all this is just something I enjoy.'

Towards the end, some people were fading while others were arriving, and there was talk of a more personal afterparty, but I was, and currently am, really tired. Last night's lack of sleep and three drinks did me in. Plus, all I could feel was my aching feet, pinched ears and torso screaming to be let out of the corset. I can't believe women ever made a habit of wearing these things.

I was tired, but famished. I went through a late night drive through too bushed to care what the kid behind the window thought. As it was, he just gave me a surprised smile.

Victoria was amazing. She didn't know I had a big night out planned, but put me together, sold me the dress for $5 and a purse for $5 more, and she and her partner told me to call them if I needed to for anything. What sweethearts. They invited me to a party tomorrow...I guess that would be today since it's 3:30 in the morning.

I'll be honest here, if I may. I thought I'd either be more nervous or more excited than I ended up being. But the evening turned out to be more normal than I would have guessed. And now I know what it's like to be a girl in public!
I highly recommend that anyone going out for the first time plan on attending a function with people for whom this stuff is all part of being in the hip crowd. I envy today's younger generation. Kids that would have been ostracized in school for crossdressing or being trans are much more likely to be accepted, and being gay or straight is so much less controversial.

I have never appreciated my sweatpants, socks and big old sweater as much as I do right now! Ahhhh.

Oh, almost forgot! Rachael - V hasn't heard from Brandi in a while. She's dropped out of sight from V's radar as well.

And Mandi! Your suggestion of Airbrush Legs made my entire evening. Not for the breast forms, but my legs. That stuff turned my pale legs with all their various little scars and razor bumps into perfect looking gams. I'm skinny except for my stomach; the foundations took care of my bulges (painfully), but my legs from midthigh to sandals were actually the envy of several women. One was sitting next to me for a while stroking them. Even V thought I came out from getting dressed wearing hose! She and her s/husband (hee) studied the can and said they were going to get some.

Thanks for caring, everybody. I think it was far better to tell you all about my evening than, say, my father the football coach. (Just kidding.)

S. Lisa Smith
11-21-2009, 07:03 AM
Wow, what a great time!! Glad everything went well!!

PretzelGirl
11-21-2009, 10:52 AM
I'll second that Wow. It sounds like you had a night you will always remember.

Shelly Preston
11-21-2009, 02:36 PM
I am sure you cant wait to do it all again :D