PDA

View Full Version : Encounter at the Supermarket

willowgurl
11-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Had an interesting situation at the Supermarket today. I was dressed as I usually am, Jeans, boots, polo top, and denim jacket. When I got into the store it was quite warm, so I removed my jacket. I'm shopping along, and a woman stops me and asks "Why are you dressed like that?" I responded with my practiced answer, "I wear what feels right." She then asked "What size jeans do you have on?" I answered truthfully "juniors 13" She replied "Why juniors and not womens sizes?" "I like the way they fit better." I said. She then said "Well they do look good on you." I said thanks, and walked away to continue shopping.
Just made me feel good to get a compliment from a woman. Willow

Kimberly Long
11-20-2009, 03:58 PM
You have my support wearing what you do. I can not wear junior but I have a jeans from Lane Bryant that look good on me.
LOL

AlisonRenee
11-20-2009, 04:03 PM
I don't even try juniors. Old broad, dress the part, that's me.

Kathi Lake
11-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Juniors fit better for me as well since I'm not that curvy. WTG for telling the lady the truth instead of a half-baked lie!

Kathi

Lorileah
11-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Juniors fit better for me as well since I'm not that curvy. WTG for telling the lady the truth instead of a half-baked lie!

Kathi

:yt: well except I don't fit in juniors so well :)

EveMarie
11-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Good for U Willow, I've been out shopping as you were but have never been approached or commented on from anyone. What a wonderful treat it must have been to have a complete stranger compliment you on your outfit (well at least the jeans) She was probably jealous that you looked better in them then she could :heehee:

Evie

cd_jamie
11-20-2009, 07:53 PM
juniors damn I am lucky my levis fit.... I got a good both eyes open look at myself in the mirror. damn have I turned into a cow. its diet time! i will still never fit in junior anything

sherri52
11-20-2009, 07:57 PM
I've never been stopped and some of my jeans have flowers on them.

jenna_woods
11-20-2009, 08:03 PM
good for you hun, yes it doew make us feel good.

Lainie
11-20-2009, 09:46 PM
A couple of weeks ago I went to a restaurant with the menu high up on a black board above the counter, wearing moustache & skirt, carrying purse & backpack. I ordered salad & wine, a little shyly, because this is still really scary for me, especially since I am deathly afraid of meeting someone who knows me. Barista asked which wine and handed me the wine card. I fumbled around, trying to get my reading glasses out of my purse without dropping the backpack, :o generally doing a pretty good impression of a ditzy old lady who maybe shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel of a car, and the barista called me "darlin'" several times in our brief encounter. What a sweetheart! :hugs: