PDA

View Full Version : How do u do it?

docrobbysherry
11-20-2009, 08:06 PM
U closet CDs? How do u manage to keep your SECRET IDENTITY a secret? Even Clark Kent couldn't do that!:doh:

And he wasn't hiding a secret identity ANYWHERE NEAR as COOL as YOURS!:devil:
U MAY EVEN have an completely secret FEM LIFE that u hide!:eek:

How do u manage to keep all of your ladies things hidden from family and friends?:o

How do u manage NOT mentioning your fem persona, when having drinks with old friends?:drink:

I have come THIS close, to having Sherry's things discovered. Including her pics! :sad: And, ALMOST mentioned her to a NUMBER of friends, or acquaintances on more than one occasion!:brolleyes:

How do U keep your SECRET LIFE, secret? Had any CLOSE SHAVES, or SLIP UPS?:heehee:

sherri52
11-20-2009, 08:12 PM
I don't hide too much now, but when I was married I hid my clothes in the basement with the first wife and the attic with the second.

Barbara Dugan
11-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Another good question Doc ...I have my room double locked and every morning before I leave I double check the locks

Lainie
11-20-2009, 09:11 PM
I've told only my wife, who wants to remain in denial; my therapist, who advised keeping it secret from co-workers who might shun me; all of you here and on flickr; the owners and staff of several fashion shops--resale & retail; and quite a few new acquaintances at Vanity Wilde's Halloween Party in Houston. Well, I didn't actually tell most of the shop staff, but surely they figured it out for themselves, seeing me in a skirt & handlebar moustache. Mostly I dress in public in cities far from home, and in neighborhoods far from my guy haunts. So far I only encountered one person that I know of who knew me first as a guy, and that was in an art gallery the day before Halloween. He politely assumed I was in costume. On one occasion I showed up for a church meeting in girl's safari pants & trainers & genderless t-shirt carrying a purse that passed for a book/computer bag. Nobody mentioned that they noticed I didn't have my pockets full of stuff, so maybe they just didn't notice. Although one guy did notice it was a style departure--mostly I'm in slacks & polos--but I didn't react to his surprise and he didn't pursue the issue.

My wife decided after I came out to her that I should do my own laundry, and I have my own closet, so I don't have to be in her face with this.

I used to keep a dress & undies on a hanger on a nail in my chest of drawers, inside the back wall, so I had to take the drawers completely out to reach the clothes. Perfect safety.

Now I just go out for dinner in the evening in Montrose (a Houston neighborhood) wearing skirt & 'stache, whenever I can find privacy to change without notifying my wife or co-workers. I guess I am approaching the point where I want to be outed more than I want to be normal.

Except that tonight I had the opportunity to get dressed up, and just didn't bother. The pink fog has lifted for now. I do regret that CDing isolates me from people. I have had maybe 4 or 5 conversations while wearing a dress in my whole life, and I would really prefer to spend my dress-up time socializing instead of doing it all on line. :sad:

But hey, life is good. As the bard said,
"You can't always get what you want,
but if you try sometimes,
you just might find,
you get what you need!"

monika
11-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Only an ex-girlfriend who is still a very close friend of mine knows about Monika.
I sometimes get the urge to tell others but I hold back in fear of getting outed.
I have two closets in my bedroom; One for Monika, and one for my male self.
If I have a party or something at home I sometimes stack up a bunch of guitarcases in front of the monikacloset just in case!
Imagine my horror if someone wound up in my bedroom sometime during the night and happened to open that closetdoor:eek: haha!

marny
11-21-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm fed up. I'm 52 and I don;t want to hide any more. i just need to make sure it won't hurt my wife. the love of my life. can't hurt her!

Karren H
11-21-2009, 12:45 AM
I kept my secret for 30 some years... Then got sloppy..

VeronicaMoonlit
11-21-2009, 12:52 AM
I used to keep my stuff hidden away behind boxes or books or other things both out and in the closet. But that mostly ended 15 years ago though it took me years longer to be comfortable with it being openly out and easily seen. Now my makeup, nail stuff, perfume, jewelry sits on the dresser, where it belongs and I have an actual lingerie drawer (Just panties and bras, etc, no fancy stuff) in that dresser.

Veronica Rogers

windycissy
11-21-2009, 01:02 AM
I travel a lot, keep all my girl stuff in a storage unit paid for in cash, have one of those throwaway cell phones like the drug dealers use and a PO Box, I'm very careful and I like keeping secrets.

Shannah
11-21-2009, 01:09 AM
Way back, when I didn't have much stuff, I would hide it in a big speaker cabinet. Took out all the screws that held the back on, accept one top and bottom, for easier access. Used an empty guitar case. Had a dresser that went all the way to the floor, no legs. Removed the bottom dust panel under the drawer. Had to remove the drawer all the way to access.When I got more stuff, I kept it in a big tool tub in my work van. Don't have to hide anymore, have a whole dresser and closet.

EveMarie
11-21-2009, 02:46 AM
When I was a teenager, I kept my things in an old suitcase under my bed. One day I came home to find it on top of the bed and open! My dad (I guess snooping) found it and confronted me about it. Since then I've always ben more careful as to where, in what, and when I dress. All of my ex's have known and never gave a second thought to my request for certain areas to be private.

And now I live alone :battingeyelashes: I need more room for all of Evie's stuff!!! :eek:

Loni
11-21-2009, 04:02 AM
I live alone, no gg friend, others just do not stop by.
But then my working life makes it hard to have any life.
Work nights and weekends, sleep by day, my weekend is during the week.

So while I am at work those I know are asleep, and vise a versa.

Jenniferpl
11-21-2009, 05:35 AM
My wife knows. I guess the secret is out.

Ugly Michele
11-21-2009, 08:01 AM
For years kept things well hidden, was found by ex wife she told everyone. Who would have thought she would have checked the crawl space.

Kate Simmons
11-21-2009, 08:14 AM
It's a two-edged sword RS. If you want to keep it totally a secret you have to be aloof and keep to yourself and no friends. When you do that you are looked at as an oddball anyway. I found it was better to keep everything in plain sight after I came "out". Then there is no pressure or assumptions on anyone's part.:)

Jeanna
11-21-2009, 08:27 AM
I have slipped with my alter ego as I described in an earlier post by signing an e-mail with Jeanna and sent it to my boss. But I have a large workshop that has lot's of Jeanna stuff organized in. I'll mess up someday,the odds are against me. As for telling a friend, the only one I'll tell besides the sisters here, is my wife. That day will come soon. The two lives is burning me out.
Jeanna

JenniferR771
11-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Good question Sherry, LOL! I am with you Karren. I got sloppy after 25 years of marriage. Got caught dressed. Then kept my pretties out of sight in my outdoor shed or concealed in boxes in my pickup. But I have gradually forced a slight acceptance from my non-supportive wife. 6 dresses in garment bags in closet, 10 wigs in shoeboxes on shelf. Still have clothes, jewelry, shoes, and makeup in gym bag behind the seat of my pickup. 6 boxes in outdoor shed. Pics on my thumb drive, and cd.

Frédérique
11-21-2009, 04:58 PM
How do u manage to keep your SECRET IDENTITY a secret? Even Clark Kent couldn't do that! And he wasn't hiding a secret identity ANYWHERE NEAR as COOL as YOURS!

My femme life is completely secret, and, I agree wholeheartedly, VERY cool…:battingeyelashes:

How do u manage to keep all of your ladies things hidden from family and friends?
How do u manage NOT mentioning your fem persona, when having drinks with old friends?

Normally I only have to hide my “ladies” things from my sister – she only comes upstairs to have a bath, and she makes a big production out of entering my “space,” so I know well in advance when she’s coming. All I do is put things in the closet, or my bureau drawers, just out of sight. Since I don’t drink and never see my old friends, it’s very easy to keep Freddy a secret…

How do U keep your SECRET LIFE, secret? Had any CLOSE SHAVES, or SLIP UPS?

Only my ex-girlfriend knew about my secret life, and she “outed” me, but that’s water under the bridge, long gone, apologized for, and forgotten. I’ve had two close shaves with the police while out driving around en femme, but, luckily, I emerged completely intact. I haven’t slipped up yet, but there’s always tomorrow! I try to keep my secrets close to my bosom…:heehee:

linnea
11-21-2009, 08:31 PM
VERY carefully and cautiously--I've succeeded for fifty years.

Tasha T
11-21-2009, 09:43 PM
If you want to keep it totally a secret you have to be aloof and keep to yourself and no friends. When you do that you are looked at as an oddball anyway.

Ah, so that's what happened to me.

windycissy
11-21-2009, 10:00 PM
If you want to keep it totally a secret you have to be aloof and keep to yourself and no friends.

Not necessarily...it's possible to lead two lives, I have made some great friends through this forum and other places, we don't ever get together as guys, when I'm with them we're best girlfriends

Samantha Girl
11-21-2009, 11:48 PM
OK I just moved out of my parents house 4 months ago. I've been dressing for like 6 years and doing my hair (lots of hairspray clouds!) for about 10 years or so and as far as I can tell the only people who know are those I've told ;)

I honestly think my Mom should've figured it out but either is in denial or just too old to put it together. She used to ask all the time on Saturdays why my room smelled weird (HAIRSPRAY!), cause Friday was always dress up night! :p Being an artist I have a lot of chemicals and weird smelling paints so I always pawned it off on that ;)

One time though, Ooooh man soooo close! My room was in between my parents room and the bathroom. One night I got enough balls to walk around the house en femme a bit after they went to sleep. I JUST got through my door as my Dad opened his bedroom door to go to the bathroom! I can't understand how he missed that fishnetted foot of mine slipping into my room!! :devil: Same thing happened with my brother in law who would sleep over occassionally (because his job is closer to our home than his). He'd actually be cool about, he's a good guy, but still!! Yeah, couple real close ones!

EDIT: BTW Tasha, Nice ass girl! ;)

Hiding - I used to have 2 small plastic bins. One full of hair accessories and hair products. The 2nd had my girly clothes and ummm sex toys. I didn't have a lot of stuff then so I'd put other unrelated things on top of girly stuff in bins and labeled the bins something innocent like toys. Yes I have action figures, cartoon toys, etc. Put them both in the closet with lots of crap on top, it helped that I was a giant slob too! :D

Shannah
11-22-2009, 01:15 AM

:D

Damn, I was thinking the same thing!

Sally2005
11-22-2009, 01:17 AM
I don't hide it, but I don't leave it out. We have a lot of halloween costumes and most of my stuff is with them... I just don't blab about every time I've dressed up and she doesn't dig through my stuff either.

Cheryl T
11-22-2009, 09:34 AM
U closet CDs? How do u manage to keep your SECRET IDENTITY a secret?

I could tell you...but then I would have to kill you....:devil:

At least I would have said that 6 years ago before I closed that closet door behind me....FOREVER!!

Persephone
11-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Damn, I was thinking the same thing!

Me too!

Aubrey Green
11-22-2009, 01:14 PM
I live alone, so it is not too difficult, but my son comes by and is naturally nosey! It is becomming more difficult, because the amount of things is growing. Underthings, jewelry, skirts, all things that are impossible to explain to family are beginning to overflow. Just have a feeling, my secret, won't be much longer, after 40 years.

cd300
11-22-2009, 02:24 PM
i only have 2 ex gf's who know about me. my wife knows and pretends it doesn't happen. but id feel without realizing it you may show signs of it by knowing to much about things guys usually dont know or mannerisms u may not even realize. been busted with the way i hold a cig from time to time. also the way i walk has been mentioned a few times. so overall its not a great thing to have to hide but sometimes it may just be better that way! JMO
Jessica

Stockingstopgirl
11-22-2009, 02:47 PM
I have been married for over 30 yrs and the wife doesn't know. I have always hid my femclothing in various brief cases and an old record box all under lock and key. Although I have lost one hiding place a brief case that has bust at the seems. At the moment I have also started to feel I should buy more clothes. I have always been suprised that the odd thing has never given me away as did a task I asked her to do for me yesterday. Can you check for me what chest side my best jacket was. To which she fould some hair removal cream and an eyeline pencil. My excuse was that I purchased it in the summer for under my arms before I got a razor and found it uncomfortable. The eyeline pencilwas hers I picked up of the floor and must have put it in my pocket at the time.

Cary
11-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Only an ex-girlfriend and a long-time friend know about my cding. I live along and have a locked closet for my things incase someone snoops around. Next week I'm moving to a 2 bedroom apartment on the second floor. The second bedroom has two walk-in closets that can be locked and I have more room to walk round dressed. I CAN'T WAIT!

Laura_Stephens
11-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Old saying -- "You can only trust someone who has as much skin in the game as you do."

Ergo, if someone has nothing to lose, you don't tell them no matter what. Easy.