PDA

View Full Version : Have you got one all-time favourite piece of clothing?

Rianna Humble
11-21-2009, 05:46 AM
I've noticed that I have some things that are harder for me to take off than others. Not in the physical sense but emotional.

In particular, I've got a pretty sheer black lacey thong bought from Asda (the UK part of Walmart) that I just cannot bear to take off once I'm wearing it.

There's nothing sexual, I just find it a real wrench when I have to stop wearing it for more than about 1 minute.

Am I just more odd than I realised, or do any other gurls find the same thing?

Foxy Lady
11-21-2009, 09:03 AM
My all time favorite is still one of the first things I wore, a Playtex open bottom rubber girdle. It was Mom's and for some reason I had to try it and once I did I was hooked on women's clothes.

lilmissjenny
11-21-2009, 09:07 AM
ive got a pair of size 7 Bongo lowrider jeans that i love to wear.:)

kaitlin
11-21-2009, 09:28 AM
My favorite thing to wear (and I do 24/7) is panties! I only have panties, cotton for work days and microfiber highcuts for all the rest of the time, no men's underware at all! I enjoy wearing everything else but they are here to stay!

Karren H
11-21-2009, 10:40 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2257/2432740620_5e28ed0fc7_m.jpg

This Briggs of NYC coordinating skirt/top knit set..

Cheryl T
11-21-2009, 10:54 AM
My all time favorite was a lovely chocolate brown cowl-neck dress I had once.
Unfortunately it feel victim to the dreaded "purge". Wish I had that dress now...it fit beautifully and felt wonderful to wear. I keep looking....:daydreaming:

kelliboots
11-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Boots for me.

joannemarie barker
11-21-2009, 11:05 AM
a peach bridesmaids dress my sister had that i regularly "borrowed" in my teens :)

Michelle123
11-21-2009, 01:02 PM
hmmm, seems this was asked not that long ago in another post, but I dont mind repeating myself.
I would have to say two things are my favorite because they go together so well. That would be my girdles, and stockings. whenever I dress, these items are very essential for me. Otherwise I would not feel the excitement and pure contentment that I enjoy so much when I am dressed.

Chixxie
11-21-2009, 01:22 PM
The first garter belt I bought with my own money....
(as opposed to, borrowing; someone else's....<raises brow>)

I purchased it and some cheap hose from Fredrick's of Hollywood during the Christmas rush at the mall...

Red silk/satin/sateen...
with black lace trim...

No matter how many times I purged, that was one of the few items I always found a convenient place to stow away.

I had it for several years....

Until I turned nineteen...
Evidently,my hips "grew" since the last time I had worn it, and it busted when I tried, in vain, to stretch it into place.

<sniffles>

I'm going to go cry now.

Marjory
11-21-2009, 03:45 PM
My collection of late 50s into late 60s Capezio flats that I finally had to part with when I move to CA 10 years ago. I really miss them. Used to wear them all the time.

Frédérique
11-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Have you got one all-time favourite piece of clothing?

I’d have to say it’s my two female kilts (they exist as a pair), just the right length, very restrained in color, very elegant, and very versatile – I can make dozens of outfits with each one. I have a red one and a green one – that’s the green one in my avatar. I won’t bore anyone with the details of the tartans employed – suffice it to say they are “different” in a historical way…:thinking:

I actually rescued these two kilts, which I see as skirts for reasons of femininity. When I moved out of my place in Massachusetts, lots of old stuff I never wanted to see again was left behind. I moved everything of personal value to a storage locker and tried to catch my breath (this was a very traumatic time for me). One night, while staying temporarily at my sister’s condo in the next town over, I realized I had forgotten to pack these two kilts. Horrified, I drove back to my old home one night, literally broke into the old barn we had (well, the new owner told me I could come back for anything I had forgotten), and I rescued my beautiful muted tartan garments. I felt much better after that – they are safe and sound, hanging in my closet, to this very day…:daydreaming:

Jaclyn NM
11-21-2009, 05:09 PM
With out a doubt, my favorite article of clothing, is my black patent 6" stiletto pumps. I simply love wearing them, and in fact I'm wearing them right now, and have been since early this morning.

Engendered
11-21-2009, 08:29 PM
So my initial purchases were always the prettiest dresses I saw, and slowly over the years my wardrobe has become a lot more sensible (clothes you can actually casually go outside in the daytime in!) I feel sort of proud about that, like I'm closer to being a "real" girl....... but then my favourite thing to wear is still a bo-peep dress I got several years ago. :doh:
Perhaps one day I'll escape the pink! :o

Samantha43
11-21-2009, 08:42 PM
My lacetop Hanes Silk Reflections thigh highs. Love them, can't live without them.

tamela bell
11-21-2009, 09:56 PM
i would have to say pantyhose. i would wear them 23-7 if i could. sometimes i hate to be without them.

lingerieLiz
11-21-2009, 11:09 PM
I purchased a slip in the 60s that was made of a special man made material. Don't remember the name of the material, but it felt and wore like no other slip. Had it for many years and eventually it wore out. Never ever saw the material again.

As a side note while looking at a Playboy magazine oneday I realized that I was wearing the same panties as was being worn by one of the girls. She had good taste. lol

Jenniferpl
11-22-2009, 05:02 AM
At the moment, it is a rose collored satin bra. Love the look and feel. Than again any bra that I am wearing.

allisonrn06
11-22-2009, 05:23 AM
Right now mine would be a pair of pink Hue tights that I just purchased - have to find a dress or skirt that goes with them - but in general pantyhose/tights would be my favorites. If I could get away with it, I'd wear them 24/7!!

AlisonRenee
11-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Skirts and dresses, I love them all.

Jennifer in CT
11-22-2009, 04:09 PM
My favorite thing is the first dress that I purchased. :)

Joanie_Shakti
11-22-2009, 08:20 PM
My all time favorite pieces of clothing are what started me with this "hobby." Day of the Week nylon bikini panties in assorted pastel colors, vintage 1970s. I have a set I've worn ragged that I bought from JC Penney. Also a box that hasn't been worn. They no longer fit as I've gained weight, and I've been saving them for if I ever get the chance to do a glamour photoshoot (I'm an amateur photographer), or for a SO, if I ever have one.

I have picked up a couple of the black, "Saturday" panties off of eBay a few years ago. I geuss there are others out there who like them because the bidding gets quite high. I once saw a complete box sell for over $150, too steep for me. from what I saw on ebay, if I had the means, I'd commission someone to reproduce the set I have in various sizes and sell them, while keeping a good stock for myself.

jenna_woods
11-22-2009, 08:26 PM
for me its a long tight black skirt I love it and weare it a lot.

RiverdanceGirl
11-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Another vote for tights - 50 to 70 denier . I don't think anything makes me feel more female than a pair of tights . Black in particular - I feel like a bad girl :battingeyelashes: