PDA

View Full Version : Do you dress more when you are depressed?

Satin_Lover_13
11-21-2009, 09:29 AM
I was doing pretty good with not wearing (Which is my desire) but about two weeks before my b-day I began wearing alot of my lingerie.

It started around October 1st. I am wearing now. I slept on a satin nite gown and robe. I just need to be held and my satin is the only way. I feel like staying in it all day. I do want to get out a bit too. Hard choice. I wear a lot after my shower at night. Sometimes I get naughty and others I feel loved.

andrea35
11-21-2009, 09:42 AM
yes, It is very relaxing to take on another persona and feel beautiful at the same time. I also try not to do it to often (for safety reasons) but when I CDs I can forget about my problems for awhile.

Donna Marie
11-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Definitely yes for me. I've been dealing with an ongoing low level depression for a while now, and I love dressing up in the mornings. Why the mornings? Because it is still chilly outside here and because this neighborhood seems to leave me alone in the mornings. By mid-day it is often warm enough to be out and about, and I am not quite there with outing myself totally. Dressing up does seem to put me in a different mindset, and by mid-day I am ready to face the world. BTW, I do walk my dog at sunup (it's mandatory), but in drab at that point.

Karren H
11-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Nope... I don't get depressed.. Ok rarely.. Can't even remember the last time..

SuzanneBender
11-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Many theories about dressing and why we do it. I am sure each of us ultimately has our own mixed bag of reasons. One of those theories is that it is escapisim for us. I think this is a little true. Dressing or even just doing something that lets me slip into my femme personna for a few minutes just makes all of the stress melt away.

I get depressed when I don't have the opprtunity to be dressed.

DeniseNY
11-21-2009, 10:36 AM
My answer is yes. The more depressed I get, the more deeply I get into CDing. Of course, since this feeling comes and goes, my level of CDing ranges from not at all to as much as I can get away with.

Karen__Starr
11-21-2009, 11:18 AM
I rarely get depressed and when I do nothing changes in regards to dressing. For some it might be their happy place like some will go on an eating bing for a comfort zone. Nothing wrong with this at all when dressing when depressed unlike eating when depressed which is not healthy.

Kate Simmons
11-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Nope I dress when I'm happy. I eat more when I'm depressed.:)

JoAnne Wheeler
11-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Yes - I get depressed because I can't dress as much as I want and need too

JoAnne Wheeler

Joanne f
11-21-2009, 12:14 PM
I always seam to be the odd one out on this as depression stops me from wanting to dress. :doh: Maybe i am not normal :lol2::laughing:

Rachel Morley
11-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Do you dress more when you are depressed?
I hardly ever get depressed but if I ever do, no, it's completely the opposite for me. The last thing I want to do if I'm feeling down is dress. Being happy and dressing is self perpetuating, and for me, one goes with the other.

Rachel05
11-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Well if I am depressed or possibly stressed with work usually then yes I love to slip into my slothes and I find it just helps me relax and makes me feel good and forget the rest of the world for a little while

janexx
11-21-2009, 01:39 PM
I most love dressing when I feel the need for comfort. It's not to dispell depression but somehow to give me a warm feeling when I am, perhaps, a little bit scared or lonley.

Am I making any sense at all?

Much love,

Jessica Who
11-21-2009, 02:03 PM
No, I don't because when I'm depressed I just don't do anything. It's really a destructive cycle because actually participating in activities that are fun would probably make me feel better but the depression sucks all of the motivation out of me, :Angry3:

Barbara Jo
11-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Personally I dress more (and enjoy it more) when I am happy which is most of the time.

docrobbysherry
11-21-2009, 03:15 PM
The LAST thing I want to do then, is an exhausting, yet excellerating, 3+ hour dressing session! :doh:

It's a glass of wine and a game on the TELLY for me!:straightface:

Samantha Girl
11-21-2009, 03:19 PM
For me crossdressing is an escape for sure. I just need to get away from life sometimes. Focusing and concentrating on doing my hair, my makeup and picking out an outfit distracts me from life's crap ;)

Plus if I'm feeling down about myself what better way to cure it than dressing like a woman, I never feel sexier than as Samantha. Works every time! :D

Karen7cd
11-21-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm with Samantha, My dressing is an escape from my current reality. Karen is happy, pretty, just lost 28 pounds, and looks good. She doe not have a job outside the home, her SO is working full time. She does laundry everyday, she cooks the meals everyday, does the dishes, and runs the kids to practice. Her alter ego, is looking for a good job and with some luck, prays and help will find one soon. Karen may go away once the AE
does find work, but for now Karen is looking for friends in the real world that can accept her, go to lunch with her, talk about makeup and boobs, teach her about style, (Karen lives on a farm.....)
I know a lot in the third person but I'm in drab right now and will not be able to dress for the next 8 days. I wish I had my bra on, I love my boobs!
Karen

Jaclyn NM
11-21-2009, 03:46 PM
I don't necessarily dress more when I'm depressed (good thing, since I'm not depressed very often), but for sure, I always feel better when I'm dressed.

Debbie new
11-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Yes, i dress up whatever mood i'm in, but i find dressing up when depressed helps me escape humdrum reality and takes me out of myself.

Cheryl T
11-21-2009, 04:42 PM
I dress practically all the time. I'm always in at least panties and have been for years.
Went shopping with my wife today. Just before we left a friend called and when I mentioned shopping she said "are you going dressed?" and I said no.
When I told my wife she said "liar"...I mean, just because I had on panties, pantyhose, ankle bracelets, rings and a bracelet, my earrings, fem jeans, fem t-shirt and clogs...geez...:heehee: I wasn't wearing any makeup and didn't put on a wig...gimme a break already...lol...

Frédérique
11-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Do you dress more when you are depressed?

No, I can’t dress at all when I’m depressed, but I’m rarely depressed in any event – dressing makes me feel so wonderful that I often do it purely for a lift, especially when I feel a period of mental fatigue coming on. Dressing also staves off physical fatigue – it must have something to do with adrenaline. I can dress up and completely forget how tired I am, but as soon as I remove my femme clothes I crash and burn BIG time…:gn:

geri-tg.
11-21-2009, 04:51 PM
I get depressed when I don't dress.

Toni_Lynn
11-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Nope I dress when I'm happy. I eat more when I'm depressed.:)

You and me both, sister! I've had an on-going love affair with two guys (hmmm hopefully they are FTM) named Ben & Jerry for years now! :) (Before I stopped drinking 21 years ago I had an affair with a certain Captain in the run trade!)

Actually, my dressing doesn't increase or decrease. But, when I'm depressed as I am now-a-days, I retreat back to the days of innocence of the several months after I bought my first bra at age 13 until I was found out. Then, I begin cataloging all the hurts I've endured at the hands of others. Then I cry them away and I'm good for a while.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

CharlotteSomers
11-21-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm kind of a mix of a lot of the reactions here. I am generally a happy person and dress quite a bit. But, like everybody, I have times where I am depressed.

I don't like to do anything when I'm depressed. I just watch tv, sulk, and watch more tv. I don't even eat a lot like some people have mentioned. It's funny but being depressed actually helps me to lose weight. I never "feel" like dressing when I'm depressed but I force myself to. And I'm always glad I did because it always makes me feel better to be someone else for a while.

Just the simple act of getting dressed, putting on makeup and doing my hair keeps me from thinking about why I am depressed and helps the time pass by.

kymmieLorain
11-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Well suffering from major depression as I do. I can get into the feeling that all I want to do is go home and get into some lingerie.

Kymmie

EveMarie
11-21-2009, 06:53 PM
My state of mind is what it is, I don't dress because I'm depressed, and dressing when I'm depressed doesn't resolve the issue. Being Evie puts a smile on my face (even though my photos don't show it). Funny, as I type this Christina Aguilera's song "Beautiful" just came on :daydreaming: "You are beautiful in every way, and words won't bring you down…" damn she's got a voice!

Evie :battingeyelashes:

lavistaa62
11-21-2009, 08:30 PM
I find that if I don't dress for a while then things start being a little more irritating, a little more stressful and oddly enough, tiring. A few hours made up and it starts to get better.

Samantha43
11-21-2009, 08:37 PM
I don't get depressed often. When I am depressed, I don't feel like doing much of anything.

I dress more when I'm happy and enjoying life.

Kate's at home
11-21-2009, 09:41 PM
JANE XX, I couldn't agree more, and what you describe is what I also experience. Calm, inwardly and outwardly. And somewhat more focused in thinking and emotions.

It might be that this does ward off the "blues", as it were...

A non-SSRI anti-depressant?

Kate

courtney44
11-21-2009, 10:25 PM
I will say, yes. I cd a little more when I'm depressed or upset. I drive a truck, so there are times "depressed" just don't cover it. I cd and relax for a while and it seems to put me in my own world long enough to think clearly. I don't every time, but when I get bad, its better then making a mistake out here.

Satin_Lover_13
11-22-2009, 12:12 AM
When I am crashing I still do the following:
1, I go to work.
2. I make many cups of tea from loose leaf.
3. I dress to be loved.
4. I am giving to people most of the time.

Maybe the checks and balances I created I am able to move even though my massive depression crushes me.

Does this make sense? Yes sometimes I sleep in, but I am still job hunting, doing my weekend dutings, I may wear lingerie all day from time to time.