PDA

View Full Version : Reason I think about quitting dressing as a woman.

Alice Torn
11-22-2009, 09:41 PM
There was a sad song, around 1969, called "Yesterday, when i was young." It starts, with, "Seems the love I've known, has always been the most destructive kind." Well, the relationships I have had with women, were usually shortlived, because the gg either found another, and she was gone, or they had loads of issues with past husbands, or father issues, or were frigid. Lately, i have had runins, and conflicts with women, and been severely criticized, and accused by some, even some, that I sacrificed blood, sweat, and tears for. Besides the regular rejections, being misunderstood, etc, it is cumulative. Not every gg is hostile. Some are nice, and not so combative, thank God. But, i am noticing more lack of respect lately, in some women I know, and don't know. Respect is a bigger word, than love, to men, and I an seeing less and less of it, from women. After todays destructive conversation on the phone, with a long time woman friend, where i could not get a word in edgewise, and she was chewing me out me shouting and cussing when i was in agony working under my car 6 yrs ago, I told her i have to get off, cause i was using too many minutes, and i hung up! I have been going through very tough things, lately, too, with both brothers busted by the feds, mom near death, dad hurting, my health issues, and some women have been critical, shallow, smug, disrespectful, and harsh , not able to "put themselves in my moccasins." So, I think sometimes, that I don't want to dress up as a woman! I have had so much hardheartedness, indifference, rejection, and hostility from some, that I don' even want to dress like one! Maybe these negative experiences will cause me to stop, if not forever, perhaps for a while.Maybe I should just work on my male self, now. I admire many women. I just wish they could acknowledge, understand, and respect the suffering, anguish, and grief a man has. No wonder men die younger, though that is changing some. I don/t have much desire to dress lately. I wish we lived in a world, where there was not the hostility in the air.

sherri52
11-22-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm sorry for all of the problems that you and your family are having. If the dressing gets in the way of happiness and you can stop; do it. If you want to use the dressing as a crutch, your talking to the wrong people. If you want advice I and many others here will give you all that we have and hope that it helps. Your story doesn't give us any specifics as to whether or not the dressing has any part of the story other than it is other than the norm and you are adding it to your problems. I am available for assisting you at all hours of the day, but I enjoy dressing and won't use it as an excuse. Pm me if you want to talk, I have great ears

Miranda09
11-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Louise, sounds like you've just had to much coming at you lately. Your desire not to dress is just a backlash from that. If your desire to dress is being suppressed right now, then just set it aside for while. No law that says you can't return to it. Take care of the immediate emotional issues that are of greatest concern...and don't let the negative feedback from some women get you down. Remember you have a support group here....you'll get thru this. :)

docrobbysherry
11-23-2009, 12:04 AM
I think CDing is SUPPOSED to be enjoyable. If it's not, u should give it up until you're ready again!:brolleyes:

I really hope things improve for u soon. I'm sure there r times in ALL of our lives, when we feel overwhelmed, and like giving up! Just DON'T, OK?!:straightface:

Frédérique
11-23-2009, 06:06 AM
Maybe these negative experiences will cause me to stop, if not forever, perhaps for a while.Maybe I should just work on my male self, now.
Lifetime bachelor. If i can't ever have a wife, I'll make one I can look in the mirror at.

By dressing like a woman, you’ve done a lot of “work” on your male self already, so don’t go backwards now. Has it occurred to you that you’re better off (and actually better) than these undesirable female types you’ve been encountering? I mean, look at your signature:

Lifetime bachelor
Yeah, like me (and I’ve been run through the mill a few times). I’ve certainly met my share of females I wouldn’t give the time of day to, but there are just enough hints of femininity that pop up from time to time, be they exhibited by a girl or a woman, to keep me firmly attached to this impossible idea of actually being like one of them. You can create, and be, a better woman, all by yourself…

If I can’t ever have a wife, I’ll make one I can look in the mirror at.
Exactly! You have yourself, so why would you need another, anyway? I know, it gets lonely being like us, but I think we’re better off in the long run. I have my standard of what constitutes acceptable (and desirable) female-ness, and I’m sure you do, so please don’t throw away what you’ve accomplished so far. This is a long journey, and there are bound to be a few bumps in the road, but stay firmly on that path to femininity (a promised land of our own making)! It sounds like you need reassurance to me – just look in the mirror, gather all of yourself together, shrug your shoulder pads, and keep moving forward. You’ll feel better in no time…:hugs:

Michelle-Leigh
11-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Louise, when it rains it just pours, doesn't it ? Troubles usually seen to come in threes, and sometimes more - but the important thing to remember is that these things pass. As for the ornery GGs, I have a unique way of looking at that whenever I encounter one - I contend that I am a prettier and much sweeter woman than that bitch will ever be.... Nine out of ten of that sort I encountered are really not nearly as pretty and certainly not as nice as Michelle is ! I think that your ire against such women may be blinding you to the fact that the desire to crossdress in us is so powerful that no matter what tries to discourage us, we crossdressers will always return to it. I think that is what you will find to be the case, so don't purge and throw out your clothes just yet ! Give it some time and I think you will find that your true love of Louise is strong enough to overcome these things.

PetiteDuality
11-23-2009, 07:48 AM
Bad moments will pass. But it also depends on you.

We can't avoid bad things happening. But we can choose how we deal with things that happen to us.

I'm a bit concerned because you seem to point to women all the fault of the failed relationships. They were frigid, selfish, accusing, critical, disrespectful... And your reaction is "well, they don't seem to deserve the tribute I pay to them by dressing as a woman".

I think it would be really helpful if you can also examine yourself and grow up a little. Otherwise, you will be in an ever growing vicious circle.

I know this is a support group, but support needs to be effective. These words come from my heart, take them as tough love.

Good luck!