PDA

View Full Version : "Passing" as TS?

Rhonda Jean
11-23-2009, 11:37 AM
So as not to hijack Sherry's thread... a little different spin on passing.

I go to a beauty school (as a customer, and have for several years. Somewhere along the line, maybe in the beginning, maybe not, they assumed I was full time. A TS. I dicided not to correct them. A little stretch of the truth, but I enjoyed that status, and the attention it got me. Over the years I suppose I've met over 100 of those girls.

Their comments, while usually making it clear that I didn't completely pass as a woman, have been, well... interesting, to say the least. These girls speak very openly to me. As there are new girls entering school all the time, I get to hear lots of new reactions. They also love to relay comments made by other customers.

"I thought you were a woman 'till somebody told me." "I can't believe you used to be a man." "You look better than most of the women." You really should have been born a woman." These are some of the common comments. Then there are the questions. "Were you always so feminine?". What does your mother think?" "Have you had a boob job?" I could go on and on, but you get the drift. I've even had one of them show me her enhanced breasts (for informational purposes, of course!)!

There are the obligatory discussions about hair, nails, makeup, and shaving. Then, as if I'm on the brink of impending womanhood, advice abot men, dating, and sex. Quite interesting. I usually spend the entire time thinking, "I can't believe they're telling me this!"

There you have it. Not passing as a woman on any level, and I love it! This is repeatedly the most fun I have as my feminine self. If I truly passed as a woman, I'd be in and out of there and nobody would notice. As a (assumed) TS, I'm a minor celebrity. Although I try extremely hard to pass as a woman in every detail, it's just not achievable for me. I get an "A" for effort, though!

celeste26
11-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Yeah I'm just sorry that the closest beauty school is so far away I would be there regularly too. Must be nice to get confirmations so frequently.

Katesback
11-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Well I like to say I am trans species. The tatto artist has almost finished my stripes and my biggest roadblock currently is finding a doctor that will do SRS and give me a Zebra penis. I swear I dont know what I will do if I cant have the zebra penis.

I gave up trying to figure all the trans stuff out a long time ago. These days I just live my life as I see fit.........

Paula_56
11-23-2009, 01:25 PM
RJ

This has been one of my goals lately, to pass a transexual women. When I started going out, I'd pretend that I was starting RLT. It changes ones outlook completely. Even with most people Transexauls are a known entity, crossdressers are not as understood.
good for you great post

Paula

AlisonRenee
11-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Well like to say I am trans species. The tatto artist has almost finished my stripes and my biggest roadblock currently is finding a doctor that will do SRS and give me a Zebra penis. I swear I dont know what I will do if I cant have the zebra penis.

I gave up trying to figure all the trans stuff out a long time ago. These days I just live my life as I see fit.........

Great news: scientists have successfully grown a rabbit penis in the lab and transplanted it to a live rabbit, who put it to its intended use and successfully mated. (not kidding, Google it) Maybe that zebra penis isn't so far out of reach.

Of course that made me wonder if lab-grown parts could someday be possible for the TS world. Certainly would solve some problems.

Leanne2
11-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi Rhonda,
Most of the people that know my fem side assume that I am either gay or TS. If they assume that then I don't correct them. I know, I know, it's wrong to fib but it prevents having to answer lots of questions.
I used to go to the local beauty school a lot a number of years ago. They teach the students to fill out patron cards on all of their clients. Since then I have assumed my fem name ( Leanne Arthur) while dressed. Six weeks ago I decided to get my legs waxed at the school because it is so much cheaper than in a salon. I signed in using my new fem name. When I was in the waiting area I noticed the instructor trying to help the girl behind the desk. The instructor, who remembered me, said that they couldn't find my name in the file. I told her that I had changed my last name to Arthur. She smiled real big and said," Oh, did you get married?" I just smiled back and said yes. Luckily they didn't ask me any details about the ceremony or my wedding dress. Leanne

Sara Jessica
11-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Since we don't exactly wear an ID label stating where we reside in TG land, I guess that's an easy enough mistake to make. It has happened to me once that I know of, when a particular makeup SA I had visited a number of times was surprised to learn I was not full time.

VeronicaMoonlit
11-23-2009, 07:39 PM
See, some people don't expect CD's to be out and about and they also don't expect CD's to dress well, sad to say. So if you're dressed in a reasonably stylish manner, with well done makeup and flattering hair (especially if it's your own) they assume TS.

Take two of us at a support group meeting:

#1 is wearing a ruffly sparkled dress that's a bit on the short side, has a big haired wig, big clip on earrings, and had a Jamie Austin style glamazon makeover at the place where she changed from drab to fab before coming to the meeting. They spend the after meeting socializing time talking about their Cessna and their sailboat.

#2 is wearing a twin set, a below the knee skirt, has her own hair, did her own makeup, has pierced ears and is carrying a Sephora bag because she just stopped by there and she drove 2 hours to the meeting en femme. After the meeting, they sit quietly and unobtrusively, not really saying much, and are kinda invisible.

Which one will be assumed to be a TS? Rightly or wrongly, it will probably be #2.

Of course it doesn't help when self identified CD's who do dress stylishly, are good with makeup and have their own hair are actually TS and begin identifying as such.

Veronica Rogers

tamarav
11-23-2009, 07:41 PM
I think a lot of us could learn from those young girls.

I went through beauty school as a guy but told the girls I crossdressed pretty early on. Anytime a CD or TS came in, they would find me and ask me if I knew the person. As if we have a secret society..wait, maybe we do.

Anyway, over time I was asked virtually every question imaginable, sex, dating, guy issues, given comments on every other girl in the school. Which one slept with who and so on.

I dressed for the fashion show feature of our makeup and updo classes and have presented that show now 11 times since I got out of the school.

I also got to see a few breasts, for comparison purposes only of course, and heard a lot of comments on my appearance and feminine movement. Funny how much coaching these really new girls can give an old CD.

sherri52
11-23-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't pass in any stretch of the imagination, but some people just can't tell. I've been out and get the looks and I've sat down at a restaurant counter and had a woman talk to me as a woman. Until I speak, then the mouth drops.