PDA

View Full Version : I feel I am out of my depth here!

Patricia
07-28-2005, 03:57 PM
I started dressing up as a 13 year old after discovering the delights of my sisters and Mothers lingerie drawers. I have enjoyed the feeling of sheer stockings for a long time, and now my wife has left I am able to indulge my fantasies to a greater degree , however I could never look as sexy as so many of you that I have seen here, is there room for an unconvincing cross dresser or do I just look a bit sad?

Tamara Croft
07-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Doesn't really matter what you look like, as long as you are happy. And there's plenty of room here for everyone ;) Besides... how do we know you're unconvincing... we can't see you :p

StephanieCD
07-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Hun, you should see me! Lots of the ladies 'round here don't mind helping us, though :) I'm just learning to try and accept myself - it can be a lot of fun...

First step is to get rid of your expectations and replace them with experimentations - the rest is gravy.

Tristen Cox
07-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Convincing is how 'you' see yourself. You have to be happy with you inside or no matter how many people rave about you you won't feel your self worth. No need to be sad at all. Look into yourself and see that wonderful person shinning back at you. Feel it? That's where true beauty starts. ;)

Ophelia D'Void
07-28-2005, 04:08 PM
In the words of the immortal James St. James:

"It doesn't matter what you look like; if you have a hunch back, throw some glitter on it and go dancing honey" - Party Monster (a movie)

CharleneCD
07-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Patricia, if you pay close attention many of those who you think look beautiful have many self doubts about how they look. So you are not alone.

Just follow what Tristen said and look inside. How dressing makes us feel is much more important than how we look. The best beauty is on the inside.

Patricia
07-28-2005, 04:19 PM
I am going shopping this weekend and will post some pictures after that, thank you all

Tristen Cox
07-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Have fun shopping will liven your spirits :thumbsup:

carolynhcd
07-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Patricia, there is definitely room for you in this clown car! Some of us are stunning, and some of us are stunned, but this is the only sisterhood we have, so go buy some Wolfords if you've got the dosh and enjoy yourself. Try to keep this maxim, which recurs many times in the 1001 Arabian Nights, in mind: There is no man so ugly that some beautiful woman will not love him. In conjunction with Tristen's advice, remember that you are both and it is up to you to do the hot-cha-cha. Let's see those pics when you get them, girl!

Katiegirl
07-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Patricia

Enjoy the shopping, you live in a town where you have plenty of shops to spend your money.

By the way it doesn't matter how you look its how you feel

:)

Mind of a Woman, Body of a Man, Life is a Bitch

Holly
07-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Patricia, girlfriend! Your welcome and needed here. EVERYONE here adds to the whole. Always remember, your beauty emanates from your heart.

Deborah
07-28-2005, 04:53 PM
Well i'll never be a Fredericks of Hollywood model ,but i love trying to look that way.

Darby
07-28-2005, 04:55 PM
Hi Sweety!
Your welcome here... always! One thing... what makes you think you cannot look good?! The right hairdo, some makeup, a tuck in and a push out here and there and you can look better than most women!

Khriss
07-28-2005, 05:05 PM
say whaaa?- I'm not a dead ringer for Brooke Burke?? (bummer),, - hey Patricia ,have fun shoppin', hurry back,post sum pix,,, but keep on Smilein'-- (frowning,, causes wrinkles :( ) and :welcom: -"K"- :D

Cissy Suzie
07-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Dress up! Have fun! Try playing with makeup! You may suprise yourself after a little practice. :p

I am just as ugly as a box of rocks in boy mode ... just average guy on the street ... but a little creativity and a bag of make up and a wig; box of rocks turns into Suzie. :eek:

Sometimes the look is a little better than others but; such is life!

Toyah
07-28-2005, 05:14 PM
I started dressing up as a 13 year old after discovering the delights of my sisters and Mothers lingerie drawers. I have enjoyed the feeling of sheer stockings for a long time, and now my wife has left I am able to indulge my fantasies to a greater degree , however I could never look as sexy as so many of you that I have seen here, is there room for an unconvincing cross dresser or do I just look a bit sad?

Never feel like you cannot acheive a goal there is not much point on doing something if you dont feel you can improve. Convincing? use something like photoshop an a bit of imagination if you are not too happy with your look my advice is though just go with your best look. It is not for us to judge just aprove and support, good luck. Lets face it there are all kind of women and there are all kinds of crossdressers there is room for everyone

HTGurl GG
07-28-2005, 05:40 PM
In the words of the immortal James St. James:

"It doesn't matter what you look like; if you have a hunch back, throw some glitter on it and go dancing honey" - Party Monster (a movie)

I love that quote thanks for the laugh :lol:

Pip
07-28-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm 6'4" and have a bit too much in the middle for my likings. That being said....

When I get dressed up and made up, I feel pretty and sexy, even if I'm tall and a bit overweight. It still makes me feel good. Not everyone, GG's included are going to fit into that VS Model look....in fact, few do.

Just have fun and be yourself. I have never been around people as nice and accepting as the people I've met on this site.

And Welcome!

Pip

Olivia
07-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Just have fun and be yourself. I have never been around people as nice and accepting as the people I've met on this site.

I second that emotion. Olivia

Patricia
07-28-2005, 06:37 PM
You are all so supportive, you have lifted my heart, hope that doesnt sound cheesie, but I mean it!

Rainbow6562005
07-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Hi,

If you want to see a model of how a person, deemed ugly in appearance by convention, behaves as if he were gloriously beautiful anyway, and is treated just as beautifully, check out Eric Stoltz's role in "The Mask." A stellar performance based on the life of a real person.
I was blessed once to see a clip of the latter, and he was truly beautiful from the inside, making his grotesque externals totally irrelevant. Wow!

Real beauty seems to be a state of mind.

Rainbow :)

Amanda Leigh
07-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Looks is a state of mind. Its what you feel like that matters. If it makes you happy then in my eyes you are as beautiful as a supermodel. All that matters in the end is what make you feel good and makes you happy. 0.02

Angela Burke
07-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Patricia,

With a lot of study, advice, and practice (the fun bit!) anyone can look and feel good!

Even me!

And that is one Herculean task, but worth it.

If you can have hands on help from other girls so much the better.

Love Angela XX

Sweet Jeanette
07-28-2005, 08:47 PM
You ought to see ME!!!---Ha!---Talk about a trool in thigh-high hose & pumps!---I rather look like Sean Connery in an old movie,-(The Hunt for Red October), with the beard and close haircut and all. ---It was a submarine movie. -----Picture THIS, in a work shirt, and cutoffs (that my wife made for me) and thigh-highs & black 3 inch pumps, with a camoflage hat on,---sitting outside in the evening in a metal folding chair, grilling Rib-eye steaks, baked potatoes & onions, with some sausage on the barbueque grill!!!-----and ALL the world, driving by, and "seeing"!!! :lol: ----And, to boot,---I live on a corner lot, at an intersection!!!! :D ----Do you think I,---care?---Not a wit!-----Why, you ask?-----Well, it's ALL about the "inner me".---To me,-I FEEL pretty!------Therefore, I AM pretty, --to me and my wife!---I care less what "those", out there, think!------I am a working man; one that works with my hands. When I get home, I don't have much time to do what I would like to do, (feminine wise). I have to cook ,to feed us, and do the "neccessarys", around the house, before the sun sets, and we goto bed early. ----So, I may put on a set of hose & heels & call it "good"!--And leave my shirt & hat on.-------The upshot of all of this is in feeling good about Yourself! ----Thats it!----End!---Period!-------Feel Good about yourself, as so many others have said here! :thumbsup:

Tristen Cox
07-28-2005, 08:50 PM
...and you should see when 'she' hits the streets in her heels. And nothing but her heels :eek:

Sweet Jeanette
07-28-2005, 09:08 PM
...and you should see when 'she' hits the streets in her heels. And nothing but her heels :eek:

Im "So Glad" you all are having "such fun" with me!!!! -------------Hey!---Wait a minute!---Maybe a bra, once in a while, with the heels! And don't forget, ---my pretty painted toes!!!:D ---And, (for the book), -Im not going to say ANYTHING , about the motorcycle, and the evening rides,----------Yet!!! ;) ------Ha!---Thats another adventure! :D

Rachel Morley
07-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Hi Patricia,

Just like everything else in life, there are "coats of many colors". You have to decide what your crossdressing means for you. There is a whole range of people and personal tastes here.

I know when I first came on this site I was totally blown away. I thought that I was completely out of depth, and I was not even in the same league as some of these girls. But (as you are finding out) the ladies here are awesome !

Just relax and go with your feelings, as we all know crossdressing is good for us and we should be doing it! :D

Patricia
07-30-2005, 01:34 AM
I thought I would be lost in the noise here, but not a bit of it! Thank you all, I will post my pics this weekend

Deanna2
07-30-2005, 09:50 AM
Hey Patricia it depends on what you want.

Do you want to crossdress and feel the softness and thrill of wearing femme gear or do you want to feel and act like a woman?

I do only the former and there is nothing like putting on a skirt and heels to make you feel sexy. A bra and panties is a great help also.

Luvya

joni-alice
07-30-2005, 10:18 AM
Hey, come to think about it, alot of GG are unconvincing too... :D
Would say those on this forum are exceptions, however, cannot say that fully, since I dare not go on their channel to view them. :rolleyes: