PDA

View Full Version : Scary Men

girlalex
11-24-2009, 04:31 AM
I really don't know if this is a common trait that crossdressers have but I have realized that the older i get the more i shy away from guys and feel more comfortable around girls. I didn't notice that until one day a good looking firefighter told me hello at a grocery store. My face turned into the color of his fire truck and i coasted away hoping he didn't see me blush. it was terrible. its hard for me to talk with good looking guys. i get shy and uncomfortable. with women on the other hand i feel like im home. im just chillin and hanging out can talk about anything type of thing. I feel like the supportive GGs are the only people on earth that can be my best friends and make me feel happy and inspired.

For a long time I've tried to flirt with girls and get to know them and the farthest i ever got was to know their name and where they were from, and maybe, maybe if i was lucky i got their phone number and at the end nothing came out of my efforts, so we either became two people who know each other or friends.

So i got sick and tired and finally gave up until this one girl approached me which is something that happens once in a blue moon. so i took the opportunity and we got to know each other. the first 2 weeks was crazy fun. we basically spend a lot of time together holding hands and loving each other until my opportunity to have sex came about and i didn't do anything about it and i don't know why. one week later i felt things are not gonna work out so we kind of drifted of apart and went about our ways. we stayed friends though. funny thing is i recall her telling me something about me having a female heart. back when she said it i didn't pay much attention since i was so into the relationship but now i realize just how much was she able to read me.

so girls are just becoming more friends than partners. any thoughts anyone?

Alice Torn
11-24-2009, 04:43 AM
Ditto here. Uneasy aroind many men. Cautious with women, now, too, after last week. Becoming a loner.

jazmine
11-24-2009, 04:55 AM
Just the title scares me! I'd rather hang with the girls too. At get-togethers and parties and what-not. I find myself with the women for hours. Finally I snap out of it, & realize that I probably should at least go put in my time with the fella's to avoid any akward suspicions or comments. Then again I don't really give a damn. So then it's back over to the girl's camp.

Karren H
11-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Not me... Yeah I love chatting about stuff with the girls but I also like BSing with the guys about the Steelers or the Penguins..... And its always a blast in the locker room at hockey...

Frédérique
11-24-2009, 06:52 AM
its hard for me to talk with good looking guys. i get shy and uncomfortable. with women on the other hand i feel like im home. im just chillin and hanging out can talk about anything type of thing. I feel like the supportive GGs are the only people on earth that can be my best friends and make me feel happy and inspired.

I shy away from men, especially in groups, but I’m receptive to males in touch with their sensibilities – these rare specimens are usually alone, so I can confront them one-on-one and create a beachhead for future expansion (sorry, I’m thinking in military terms – it’s the boy in me). One reason why I’m here, typing my little cries of loneliness, is to meet males who let their senses dominate their particular gender relationship. Conversely, if there is a female who lets the masculine come forward, that is just as interesting and…attractive…to one such as me. It’s hard to explain, but I think it has to do with not fitting in, feeling good about that situation, and seeking out kindred spirits who have also escaped normalcy by choice.

I’ve met plenty of females who expect me to be a certain way, so I can’t say I’m comfortable with their “friendliness,” but, being females, I can at least observe their behavior and incorporate the best bits into this psychological sweater I’ve been knitting – in this instance I’m responsible for my own “warmth.” I get very uncomfortable around certain male types, but I can’t really generalize, either – all I can do is look around and pick which personality traits fit me best. These happen to reside in females, for the most part, even though there are exceptions, so I will spend my time in their company…

kellycan27
11-24-2009, 03:22 PM
I love being around men, and I love the attention I get. It's fun to watch them trip all over themselves while trying to impress.:heehee:

tricia_uktv
11-24-2009, 03:53 PM
I love being around men, and I love the attention I get. It's fun to watch them trip all over themselves while trying to impress.:heehee:

I love Kelly's remark but the same thing happenned to me. Its just a confidence thing. I was also really scared about how children would take me. But its fine, promise.

sherri
11-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Before I say anthing else, you sound very young to me. Is that correct? How young?

Lorileah
11-24-2009, 03:59 PM
And its always a blast in the locker room at hockey...

After the tush post Karren, I am sorta scared by that.

I am not afraid of men in general. They are people too (usually) but when I first started presenting as Lori, there were men who scared the hel...ck out of me. But it opened my eyes to what GG's can go through also.

Are we talking potential mates here? Then I enjoy the flirting and teasing with women. If we are talking day to day, then either. If we are talking being a ----tease, then don't meet me in a bar :)

Kerigirl2009
11-24-2009, 04:06 PM
:) Well this last weekend was hunting season in Wis. and I was with my dad and 3 brothers, my 2 boys where their also. Then of course my step mom and sister in law where there. and we where sitting areound the kitchen table just chit chattin Talking about shaving and the everyday conversations that women have, I felt like I belonged. I even showed them my smooth legs which they laughed at but where very nice. still felt like "one of the girls" I was underdressed but no one knew. after a bit I went out to the man section, the garage where they where all drinkin and having a good time, I suddenly became alot more quiet kinda like a lonely girl at a guys party. I made a few comments but all in all I felt more like I belonged in the kitchen with the women, It wasn't until my sister in law came out to the garage that I felt like I belonged in the garage. we talked together and just had a good time. So I too think I get along better with women, But I can do just fine with the men, just not as much in common than one would think. Maybe someday they will be enlightened with who I really am. :)

girlalex
11-24-2009, 04:29 PM
im 22 now.

sherri
11-24-2009, 05:07 PM
im 22 now.Oh, ok. So, were you dressed as a boy or a girl when the firefighter spoke to you? Were you actually frightened, or just embarrassed? And how would you feel about the idea that you might be gay? Or maybe you're just worried that you're not a typical guy and afraid it shows?

As for men being scary, in general they're not. Thing is, you can't always tell the jerks from the good guys at face value. That's why GGs usually treat men they don't know with a certain amount of skepticism and caution. I'm more that way all the time, but I don't fear them. Some of them are so clueless, I actually feel sorry for them. But when you meet a real man, a good person -- well, let's just say that's what makes the world go 'round.

You learn a lot about men when you start wearing a skirt. :thinking:

Fab Karen
11-24-2009, 05:49 PM
In general, no. Some men scare me, but then so do some women. People are individuals. And think about it: our "twin brothers" are men. Do we scare ourselves?:)

Karren said "I also like BSing with the guys about the Steelers or the Penguins"
Construction workers and Arctic birds, that's a really diverse conversation.:D

Barbara Dugan
11-24-2009, 06:08 PM
I don't find men scary at all I feel comfortable around them on either mode.
firefighters:daydreaming:

jenna_woods
11-24-2009, 07:11 PM
yes I have found that I can talk to women a lot easier now,

sherri52
11-24-2009, 07:22 PM
I don't find men or women scary. I do talk to women easier but in general one on one I can talk to anyone, start the conversion, and become friends overnight.

AmandaM
11-24-2009, 09:25 PM
I enjoy being around women, and do so most of the time. I don't feel comfortable around men, I just don't fit in.

girlalex
11-25-2009, 02:46 AM
Oh, ok. So, were you dressed as a boy or a girl when the firefighter spoke to you? Were you actually frightened, or just embarrassed? And how would you feel about the idea that you might be gay? Or maybe you're just worried that you're not a typical guy and afraid it shows?

Those are some good questions I didn't think about so let me clarify myself. So at the time i saw him i was dressed as a boy with just regular street cloths, and no i was not frightened but rather embarrassed because when i see a cute guy its nearly impossible to act like a real guy, i would act like an ordinary guy but there would still be several unforgiving signs that im not that typical guy. and no i don't think im gay. let me explain. for the past 3 years i was really wondering if i was gay because i liked guys, yet i wasn't sure. so what I did was, i went to a gay bar, met some people and had a few drinks, well one drink to be exact; long island ice tea:drink: before i was completely GONE!! from that one drink i socialized with several guys and i didn't like it. it just wasn't for me. don't get me wrong lots of them were super cute but i just didn't find anybody attractive, yet i felt really comfortable and the atmosphere was GREAT. later that night i found my self standing next to one of the guys i met and he was touching my behind and i could care less. i just kinda walked away to talk to some other people because it was getting annoying. Straight good looking guys on the other hand (older than me) are a totally different story, its more attractive and i don't know why, i guess i just like straight guys. females and gay guys though could be potential best friends no problem, i love em and respect them.

Jenniferpl
11-25-2009, 04:46 AM
For the past thirty years I have realized that I am more comfortable being with and around women. :) I just seem to fit in better. I seem to have very few male friends but have dozens of female friends. I have given up trying to figure it out and just accept it like I have accepted being a cross dresser.

Leanne2
11-25-2009, 07:37 AM
I also sit with the girls at social gatherings. Now, I know how to bs with the guys, tell stories (lies), and watch football. I was co-captain of our HS football team. But over the years I have changed. Now I'll watch a dozen plays of a football game and then flip to the Lawrence Welk show to see the girls with their big hair and pretty dresses. Leanne

sherri
11-25-2009, 07:44 AM
Those are some good questions I didn't think about so let me clarify myself. So at the time i saw him i was dressed as a boy with just regular street cloths, and no i was not frightened but rather embarrassed because when i see a cute guy its nearly impossible to act like a real guy, i would act like an ordinary guy but there would still be several unforgiving signs that im not that typical guy. and no i don't think im gay. let me explain. for the past 3 years i was really wondering if i was gay because i liked guys, yet i wasn't sure. so what I did was, i went to a gay bar, met some people and had a few drinks, well one drink to be exact; long island ice tea:drink: before i was completely GONE!! from that one drink i socialized with several guys and i didn't like it. it just wasn't for me. don't get me wrong lots of them were super cute but i just didn't find anybody attractive, yet i felt really comfortable and the atmosphere was GREAT. later that night i found my self standing next to one of the guys i met and he was touching my behind and i could care less. i just kinda walked away to talk to some other people because it was getting annoying. Straight good looking guys on the other hand (older than me) are a totally different story, its more attractive and i don't know why, i guess i just like straight guys. females and gay guys though could be potential best friends no problem, i love em and respect them.Well, it seems to me there are some mixed signals here, but no real identity melt-down. You'll get it all sorted out one of these days. :hugs:

noeleena
11-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Hi.
Never ever liked being around men . did not relate did not get on with then . yet i m a woman with a male back ground . yet was never fully male . yet i worked in the building trade learn my trade from men . how i stayed employed i ll never know . yet i had some good men on the job & some tosser s . still thats life .

I had been sussed out by two people we know . & then just found out from Jos .after 37 years her mum & dad sussed me as well . they never knew i was a mix of both male & female . so i did have a part of me showing my woman s side .
As for men i have found it very hard . yet i try to get along with them ,,,,,just . not really . why would i. as a woman .there thoughts & talking were very offenceive to me a compleat put down for us women . then. it was in the 60 s when i started my trade .
Now im in a number of women s groups . & do camara work . i keep my distance with men oh well that s just me .
I know now there were some things going on & why i did not relate , just took many years to find out .
As it was i was invited to join in a male group . & i went along . as a ....male . ...that lasted about 8 weeks . & i felt so not a part of the men thing group . i told Jos this & said really i m not a male . so that was that . & from then on it was this is the real me a woman. oh people knew . it was try & fit in . it never worked . & i had had enough . so it was all out this is the woman that you ll see from now on ..

Now that same group some of the men had no problems with me . & they knew me from the male looking woman . thats the change i have seen . so as a woman i am accepted by many by & large .
Now of cause the ?? will be why am i so ant e . men . that goes back 62 years . an other story any way thats just me .

...noeleena...