PDA

View Full Version : Are You Thankful For Being A Crossdresser?

Slim Jim
11-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Are you thankful for crossdressing?
My mom always used to say, “If life hands you lemons, make lemonade.” At least I think it was my mom, or some other suitably sage adult who influenced my growing years. Here in the US we’re just a few days away from Thanksgiving. Apart from turkey, football (of the non-soccer variety) and the occasional family feud, Thanksgiving is a time I use to reflect on all the blessings I’ve been given in my life.

After just a few minutes I’m hard pressed not to weep with gratitude to my creator for all I’ve been given. A family who loves me, a good job during troubled times and the blessing of health. In fact, if you’re reading this right now you’re likely wealthier than 95% of all people in the world. (If you don’t believe me, take a moment to find out where you are on the global rich list). Truly a blessing, even though it’s almost entirely an accident of birth.

But speaking of accidents of birth… If you’re reading this you or your loved one are probably dealing with the mixed blessing of being a transgendered person. This can be a difficult struggle, but I can honestly say that I’m truly grateful for being transgendered. It has made me a better person. Do you consider being transgendered a blessing? What are you most grateful for?

Mary Morgan
11-24-2009, 10:36 AM
You couldn't have said it better for me. I am so very grateful for all that I have been given and all I have experienced. Truly there have been some very sad times, some difficult times, and some annoying times. My being TG hasn't been one of them. If it has been an issue for others, it is their burden not mine. All things said, I love my life and I thank God for it and all those who have shared in it.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
11-24-2009, 10:48 AM
There was a time where I didn't feel this way, but yes I am thankful. I definitely like wearing the clothes and I like the way that accepting this part of myself has made me more open to other experiences and joys in my life instead of trying to box myself off like a lot of men do.

I don't think God makes mistakes and that even the things we see as a struggle are there for a reason, because it's our hardships that tell us who we are and give our lives depth and help us to appreciate what we do have.

Holly
11-24-2009, 10:54 AM
I am thankful for being able to accept myself for who I am. The fact that I have an understanding and supportive wife, a compassionate family, and friends that stand with me is just icing on the cake (or extra stuffing in the turkey?).

DanielleLee
11-24-2009, 11:00 AM
I am thankful for all the blessings in my life. My family, my friends, my job, my home.... yada, yada, yada. Crossdressing... am i specifically thankful for it? I don't know. It's just one facet (sp?) of my personality which makes me the total person I am. How much different would I be without it? I can't say for sure, so it's hard to say "yes, definently". If it turns out that I would be a total jerkoff without it... :doh: then yeah I'm definently thankful. :D

Kate Simmons
11-24-2009, 11:55 AM
In all honesty, nope. My femme self is somewhat of a vain bi**h. My guy self was never like that.:)

suchacutie
11-24-2009, 12:17 PM
OKOK, so Tina in an incredibly high-maintenance girl. She sucks up time, money, effort, and a need for privacy from most of the world!

But, Tina has opened doors that I never knew existed. My wife and I (and my wife and Tina) have discussions that most spouses could never dream of having! Topics of understanding between us that could never have been broached have strengthened our connection to each other. That's not even mentioning that I understand myself better, and I surely take care of myself better because of her!

All in all, I'm very thankful for Tina and the ways she has changed my life.

Karren H
11-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Not really..

WandaRae2009
11-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Not really but yes. My life would be a whole lot simpler if I didn't crossdress. I wouldn't have the issues with my wife, and I wouldn't feel the guilt sneaking around, not being able to tell the kids or family. BUT, I do enjoy it so much.

Teri Jean
11-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Thankful and lucky to have a wonderful family who loves and supports me. A job that is fairly secure in troubled times. And of course to have so many friends from around the world who share in the pleasure of CDing and being TG. Happy Thanksgiving.

Huggs Teri

Taylor186
11-24-2009, 01:57 PM
I like the idea of making lemonade when handed a lemon, but all-in-all I'd rather not be handed the lemon.

charlie
11-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Hello Slim Jim!
Welcome to the forum. I hope it is as helpful to you as it is for me. Lots of good people here and lots of advice and ideas. As for being grateful at being a CD.....no. It has caused to much pain and arguments with my wife. I do accept who I am, but she has lots of problems with it. She thought she was marring a regular man without the changes into being a woman. Since I had not dressed in 17 years I did not find it necessary to tell her of my dressing past. I guess CD is a part of me however, so we set lines and are moving on.

tricia_uktv
11-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Absolutely. We are different, we are special, we see things others don't. If we do it properly we are alive. And you can't say that about most people.

aggi123
11-24-2009, 04:00 PM
ehhhhhh somewhat yes. I am definitely thankful that I can accept myself. I'm more thankful for my accepting brother than anything.

JulieC
11-24-2009, 05:09 PM
I wonder sometimes if God gave me this 'gift' as a personal challenge to me, to overcome myself and teach me to accept me, as me. If I hadn't had this challenge, I might have been much less happy in my life.

That said, I've gone through a lot of hardship being transgendered.

Toni_Lynn
11-24-2009, 05:52 PM
I wonder sometimes if God gave me this 'gift' as a personal challenge to me, to overcome myself and teach me to accept me, as me. If I hadn't had this challenge, I might have been much less happy in my life.

I am totally thankful to God for the gift of crossdressing and being able to crossdress. It might sound strange to say "being able to crossdress", but I am so blessed with a wife who supports me as a crossdresser. I was in a bit of a blue funk on Sunday, and she suggested that I get into a dress and all girly.

So, I agree with what you say about "teach me to accept me, as me". Being a CDer has made me very introspective as I try to understand myself and others. And just as God has given some the girl of being able to play a musical instrument or paint or sculpt, I have gift that is somewhat similar to acting (whih I have also done!). And so I have something in my makeup -- oooh what's that --ick -- oh no not that make up -- er -- my persona that give me pleasure just as painting does to the artist etc. And in exchange, I vow to use this gift in ways for good and never for wrong.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

LaurenB
11-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Yes. Now, that is. 30 years ago when I was young and had man boobs that just so well fit into a bra I always hated myself afterward. Now I've realized it's just the way I am. I also know that my CDing gives me a certain peace and creative energy.

sherri
11-24-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm thankful for the ways in which I've allowed this experience to help me better understand myself and to be a person I like better, and I'm even thankful for the growth that comes from facing adversity, but I am not thankful for the pervasive stigma associated with CDing and the consequent costs. And I'm not talking about the financial costs, either.

Still, I'd feel a whole lot better about everything if I could just win the lottery this weekend. :yippee:

geri-tg.
11-24-2009, 07:31 PM
I feel very blessed. It took a long time to come out but I am so happy that I am a crossdreser.

jenna_woods
11-24-2009, 07:34 PM
yes its has made me a lot better person, and I love every min of it.

2B Natasha
11-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Can't say that I am. No

sherri52
11-24-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure how to answer. AM I happy to be a crossdresser Yes. Am I happy for all of the heartbreak it gave me No. There have been ups and downs in my life surounding my dressing. I love to wear the clothes, go shopping and talk to women in a manner that other men couldn't possibly do. At the same time it has cost me two wives. yet Here I am still dressed. ?????

gabe
11-24-2009, 07:48 PM
I did not ask to be a crossdresser, but I am very thankful to be one. I would do it all over again without changing a thing, only if I can have the same SO. Really it is my SO that I have thank, her encouragement and acceptance make all the difference in the world. As a result, our lives are enriched, we can live our lives together without boundaries. It is totally a different dimension!

Frédérique
11-24-2009, 09:14 PM
This can be a difficult struggle, but I can honestly say that I’m truly grateful for being transgendered. It has made me a better person. Do you consider being transgendered a blessing? What are you most grateful for?

Yes, I’m very thankful. Just consider the alternatives to being more complete, more emotionally developed, and more integrated as a person. The mind boggles…:eek:

What am I most grateful for? That sense of calmness or peacefulness that comes over me, making me more loving in the process. Just today I read something here that had me somewhat worked up, and I began to write a negatively-conceived post of my own. :naughty Very quickly I realized I don’t do this sort of thing, so I “tore it up” and did something constructive (and positive) instead. I can’t go against the feelings I embrace being a crossdresser, so I comport myself accordingly at all times – call it what you will, but I’m grateful for this “gift” that I actually gave myself. It’s a gift that keeps on giving, but you have to cultivate it and keep the weeds off of your own disposition…:battingeyelashes:

Joanie_Shakti
11-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Yes and no. I love the feeling and look of women's clothes, but I regret the money I spend on something I can only wear alone in my bedroom (I share a place with other people). I especially regret the couple of thousand dollars I put on my credit card for dresses, shoes, and such in the past year after I "snapped." But I love my clothes.

I have always felt like an outcast, having more girly interests than guy ones. But I'm thankful I've started to find a balance of masculine and feminine and I enjoy working on it.

I feel that if I hadn't been crossdressing since a preteen, maybe I would have dated in high school. But due to having a bit of breasts and being mad fun for it, the lack of self esteem would have still been there that kept me from dating. I feel that if I wasn't so "girly" maybe I wouldn't always end up as "just friends" with the women I'm attracted to and on the other hand, wouldn't attract "manly" women to myself. If I had learned to be more aggressive with women, maybe I would have had sex at an earlier age, (behind the bushes at 8 years old with a couple of male classmates doesn't count), found a wife, and had the incentive to do more with myself than stay in the dead end job I've had for 25 years.

I refered above to "snapping" last year. My dressing in the past year has been the strongest ever. I've made changes to my appearance and dress daily, both before and after work. If not fully dressed, I'm at least wearing panties most days. I think it's a reaction to a couple of things, turning fifty this year, big changes at work that I don't like, and seeing my 401(k) tank. So this is a big stress relief for me. I've always always been a bit of a loner, so the confined dressing isn't much of a problem except that it keeps me from doing a lot of things I should be doing.

But I am thankful that dressing helps me deal with stress. I feel much better when the bra goes on, I don't even need the wig to feel good, though I do like the full effect, especially when I can wear makeup. So I go hot and cold with it. I don't hate myself for dressing and in fact, with hypnosis, enjoy thinking of myself as a girl most of the day, even while in drab.

Blaire
11-24-2009, 11:17 PM
I like the idea of making lemonade when handed a lemon, but all-in-all I'd rather not be handed the lemon.

Agreed, and I suspect this is where the OP was headed.

It's very hard to answer a question that needs to you compare yourself with what-you-may-have-been-if-you-weren't-blank.

I enjoy dressing. I have an awesome wife that works with my needs to express myself through dressing. I enjoy the serenity that seems to come with completing the picture of self. I have a great job that lets me buy nearly whatever pretty thing I happen to want. My lemonade tastes pretty darned good.

As early a a year ago, I would happily let some guy pop back a bunch of years and flip the TG switch to the off position. Now... I'm not sure how happy I'd be when I sent him off, but I wouldn't have to worry about it afterwards, since it would have never happened.

WendyD
11-24-2009, 11:31 PM
No...

crusadergirl
11-24-2009, 11:38 PM
No i'm not thankful for being a crossdresser has it helped me yeah. But i wish i wasn't one.

MissyW
11-25-2009, 01:02 AM
While life would be easier not dressing, I believe that I get more out of life by dressing.

Kara Connor
11-25-2009, 03:12 AM
Although there are some down sides, overall I would have to say yes. I regard it as being able to "live two lives" in a way. I get a different perspective on things, and I think that accepting my femme side has made me much more tolerant of other people who are considered different, or outside societal norms.

I wish it hadn't caused a certain amount of distress to my wife, though she is pretty supportive, and has known since before we got married. I also hope it doesn't cause problems for my kids. They are too young to be told about it yet, and I never dress in front of them. I do encourage them to be accepting of diversity and self-expression, and I might not have been as aware of that if I wasn't a CD, so that is a good thing I think.

I like the fact that, in my view, it helps me talk to women. I enjoy talking to females, though I am equally happy talking to men (as long as it isn't about sports, of which I have almost zero knowledge) and I think that the ability to communicate well comes in part from the "female" part of my brain.

Being TG/CD harms no-one, widens your experience and, if you embrace it, makes you a better and happier person IMHO.

flic
11-25-2009, 03:48 AM
hmm, maybe one day i'll be thankful for being tg, but usually I just find it confusing, upsetting and tricky to balance,,,,maybe i should just try long division instead. However, I know that i'm on some sort of path to a little more happiness, once i've 100% accepted myself then i'll be happier!! Can't wait for that time!
x flic x

Jenniferpl
11-25-2009, 04:36 AM
Can’t really say I am thankful. I wish it would go away but that isn't happening. There are a few things I enjoy and am thankful for like the feeling of calmness and peacefulness and the excitement of purchasing new clothes. Those pale in comparison to what it everything else.

drushin703
11-25-2009, 09:06 AM
yes, I am totally thankful and greatful for being tg.it is the greatest gift
and every man should experience this thrill if only for one night.but one
night is never enough. you need tomorrow and the next day and the next
experience and the next shopping trip and the next makeover and the
next ebay girdle and the next outing and the next panty peek and......etc.
you get my drift.

Ps: thankful that my needy x, so insucure and narrow in scope, miserable
and ungrateful, is gone.

ClaireT
11-25-2009, 10:24 PM
Thankful for being a tranny with gynecomastia? No. Life could have been so much easier without this, but since its something I have little choice over, I'm just trying to get by with the hand I was dealt.

Alice B
11-25-2009, 11:23 PM
I don't know that I'm thankful for being a cross dresser, but I do know that I truly enjoy it. I am thankful that my wife now accepts my desire to dress and allows me the freedom and time to dress when it is possible. For me that's plenty.

Alice Torn
11-26-2009, 12:23 AM
Yes and no. I have been a bit of an outcast loner , and socially crippled, and suffered painful lifetime lonely bachelorhood, and cding contributes to isolation. I am thankful, for my apartment, old reliable cars, cats, being spared from terrible accidents, and injuries, and death. But, I have been a failure with the opposite sex, and, nothing takes away that God-designed yearning for a right lady. But, as I grow older, with my parents 2000 miles away, in their final months, with Alzheimers, I am finally accepting things I cannot change a bit more. Being alone, with cats, radio, and computer, can be serene.But, there are times, I miss the wife I never had. But, we come into the world alone, unless with womb-mates, and we leave alone.

SuzanneBender
11-26-2009, 12:42 AM
I believe that we are not given any crosses that we are unable to bear. Are they always joyful? Darlings, bad news, very little in this life is always full of joy and grace. We just have to look beyond the poo flavored covering and find the reward. Would life be easier if I didn't dress. Heck yes! Would it be a whole lot more drab and boring? Yes. I have met some incredible people because of my dressing. Many of these people lifelong friends that I share an incredible bond with and I expect they will share a tear when I pass in next 50-60 years.

I am thankful I am:
A Husband
A Parent
A Friend
Transgendered

All are difficult burdens but they are also filled with the moments of joy and grace that make life worth living.

Miranda09
11-26-2009, 12:48 AM
I wouldn't say thankful since, to me, that implies this is something someone has given me, which it isn't...however, I do feel fortunate to have discovered this aspect of my personality. It offers me the freedom to be who I am, and to more fully explore the complexities of human sexuality in general, and my sexuality specifically.

emmicd
11-26-2009, 02:38 AM
I have mixed feelings about crossdressing as it has been a major part of my life and I have been caught up in it and feel my life would not have been as isolated if I did not partake in it. With that being said I realize that my crossdressing is a major part of my life and no matter how many times I tried to run from it I still came back to it and I am fully accepting of my crossdressing and my femininity. The major reality that is harder to accept is the fact that I truly feel I am a girl and this I continually suppress and deny as I am so entrenched in my male life and I am a husband and a father and a working professional and I can not risk losing all this. So though in my heart I am a girl I must live my life as a male. I am transgendered but try to explain to people that I am just a crossdresser. I wish it was that simple!

I am grateful to have a wife, son, a home, a profession and a desire to wear women's clothes.

emmi

trannie T
11-26-2009, 02:39 AM
Some of my happiest times are when I'm out dressed. Should I be grateful for the pleasure I get from being a crossdresser or regretful I don't have a real life?

Fab Karen
11-26-2009, 03:26 AM
Absolutely yes. To quote Mame: "Life's a banquet, and some poor sons of bitches are starving to death"

Danielle76
11-26-2009, 03:44 AM
Can't say I'm really thankful for it. As someone wiser than myself pointed out to me recently, cd'ing is much more a fetish for me than a gender identity issue, so it's not like I feel like I'm releasing my real self or anything like that when I do it. It's strictly just for the sexual element. At the time that I'm doing it, I feel grateful for it and think about how sexy the stockings feel on my legs, and the garters that hold them up, and the slinky dress against my skin...

But afterwards, I'm not so grateful. It's also a concern that's just about always in my mind, thinking/fearing that my wife may have found my stash while I'm out...those times I am most ungrateful for it.

Overall, I wish I didn't have this compulsion. Ask me again in a few years, or if I'm ever not married anymore, then maybe I'll answer different....

baby beluga
11-26-2009, 05:06 AM
not at all.

trisha254
11-26-2009, 06:20 AM
That as been One of my main questions. But looking back I feel thankful for all I have been thru .There WERE many ups and downs like many of the girls have explained. Well now after all this I do love live and the many different experienes good and bad .I feel in many ways we are very fortunate and TO always look on the good side of everything and just smile::heehee:

trish

ninapuella
11-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Yes I am thankful. The crossdressing have given me new views of life that will be very important for me in the future. But ofcourse I dont like when I "stuck" into my role and dont want to go back to my maleside again. But I learn all the time. I just understand that I have to go threw this even if its tough. When I have learned to handle this lifestyle completely I will have a very interesting life. I am not there yet, but hopefully soon.

Deidra Cowen
11-28-2009, 09:22 AM
I'd rather be a straight macho man! But I am stuck with all these fem feelings, I have a lot of fun going out dressed, don't get me wrong...but being a Tgirl has tons of disadvantages socially and romatically.

Raychel
11-28-2009, 10:15 AM
I am glad that I get to enjoy the finer womens clotehs. I am not sure that it has made my overall life better. But I sure do enjoy the times when I do get to dressupo. So In answer to the question, I guess at times I am thankful that I am a crossdresser. But there are other times that I wish that it wasn't an issue.

RitaCD
11-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Thankful? I don't know really. I have finally accepted and truly enjoy my feminine side. To quote Emmi "So though in my heart I am a girl I must live my life as a male." I enjoy my male side also and have a great job and good friends, some of whom know about Rita. The CDing cost me a marriage of 25 years, but I think that was inevitable since there were other issues in our relationship. The funny thing is that we are still good friends and she knows that I still CD. My son and daughter both know but we don't ever talk about it.

azcdinhose
11-28-2009, 11:07 AM
The one thing I'm thankful for is all of you beautiful ladies who help me navigate through what at times can be confusing and at other times exhilirating. I'm grateful when I get the chance to dress as I feel it is a major part of who I am and it also balances me as I live my life in boi mode.

KarenEdwards
11-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Simple question, but a complicated answer. My first impulse was to say "no, I am not thankful for being a crossdresser." In truth, I wish I wasn't one.

On the other hand, I have had many wonderful times and have met many interesting people because of it and, for those, I certainly am thankful. And, yes, there are moments when I sincerely wish I could go back in time 60 years and do it all again...with some corrections and improvements based on having lived those years, of course!

A contradiction, I know...

joannemarie barker
11-28-2009, 04:04 PM
its saturday night and i'm wearing a mini skirt tight top tights and a purple thong whilst eating chocolate,god yes im thankful :)

wetlook crossdresser
11-28-2009, 06:38 PM
I feel that crossdressing is a blessing and a great comfort to me. I just wish more people could accept us for who we are rather than become preoccupied with the clothing that we wear and make judgments on that. Yes I must confess that I spend a lot of time thinking about clothing choices too but it is an essential part of my image and one that gives me more confidence when I go out that door into the street. Thanks to the internet I have found and met with other crossdressers and so my social life has improved a great deal. I have found, without exception, that every transgender person I have met to be kind, cordial, and peaceful. Truly the type of people I wish to be associated with. I am experiencing a period of great love, hope, and joy right now and that, I believe, has a lot to do with this path I have taken and the many friends that I have met along the way and to all of this I am most grateful.
Cheers!
Chris:)

Ineta
11-29-2009, 07:49 AM
No, I am not. But I should be! I should be thankful for the special gift.

Angie G
11-29-2009, 09:34 AM
My most prized thing in life is not in any special order is. My Family, My job, My friends, this forum. The support and understanding my wife has for my dressing.And maltitude od little things in my life.:hugs:
Angie

Joni T
11-29-2009, 11:00 AM
I like dresing and have met some really, really neat people because of it but if some one were to invent a pill that would make all of the feelings go away I'd kill to be the first in line to take one.
Jon(i)