PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

JenniferAnnCd
11-24-2009, 06:37 PM
I went out to a club this weekend and sat in my usual spot at the bar. A guy comes over to me and asks me if he could sit down next to me. I said okay. Long story short- he says he wants to look at me and he says that I looked great and he says he is interested in crossdressers and asked me if I was interested in men. I was a bit shocked and surprised at his comments. I told him I was flattered from his comments but I was not interested in men as I was married with children. He smiled at me and left. Do you think I handled this situation correctly. Thanks for any advice

Jennifer Ann

suchacutie
11-24-2009, 06:41 PM
It seems to me you handled it in a straightforward manner, was truthful, and played no games. No one could ask for more.

I must admit that maybe you gave him too much information. He doesn't need to know your background or any reason why you aren't interested in men. You just aren't :)

just my :2c:

:)

tina

Elle1946
11-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Sounds good to me.

jenna_woods
11-24-2009, 06:44 PM
sounds good to me you was straight forward, but better be careful

sherri52
11-24-2009, 06:46 PM
He was polite and left. I would say you handled it perfectly.

az_azeel
11-24-2009, 06:58 PM
I think you handled it very well .. so no advice needed.. ;)

Byllie
11-24-2009, 07:00 PM
You handled it openly and honestly. How could you do any better?

kellycan27
11-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Politely and perfectly handled

sherri
11-24-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm like the others, it ended well so what are you worried about? Tell the truth -- you're just bragging cuz you were hit on, without sounding like you're bragging, right? :D Chalk one up for the cute gurl at the bar. :thumbsup:

JenniferAnnCd
11-24-2009, 10:15 PM
No Sheri,

I am not bragging about it. I was just so surprised, I think I look like a guy with a wig on!

sherri
11-24-2009, 10:31 PM
I was just teasing. (See the smiley face?) It is a bit discombobulating the first time you're hit on, 'specially if you're not geared for guys. You handled it gracefully.

Blaire
11-24-2009, 11:25 PM
He smiled at me and left. Do you think I handled this situation correctly. Thanks for any advice

Jennifer Ann

Not only did you handle it well, but his graciousness is unparalleled in my experience.

No need to provide justification to people you don't know. TMI isn't necesary when turning down dates.

trannie T
11-24-2009, 11:49 PM
You handled it very well. You were not interested in him and let him down gently. He smiled and left, probably broken hearted. I do not see that you could have done anything any better.

Nicole Erin
11-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Well at least he wasn't wondering why you were not interested...
I mean getting turned down with no explanation gives someone feeling of rejection, so you did everything perfect.

Blaire
11-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Well at least he wasn't wondering why you were not interested...
I mean getting turned down with no explanation gives someone feeling of rejection, so you did everything perfect.

No, thank you, I'm not into men. I'm married with 3 kids.

\---------------Good-----------------/ \-------TMI--------------/

ReineD
11-25-2009, 01:59 AM
No Sheri,

I am not bragging about it. I was just so surprised, I think I look like a guy with a wig on!

My SO and I have on occasion gone to tranny bars where there were admirers. These men are attracted to CDs, not genetic women. The hot young TG with a perfect body might get more attention than the less practiced CD, but admirers most definitely want to be with men.

sheidelmeidel
11-25-2009, 04:37 AM
Perfectly executed. :thumbsup: I have been approached a few times, not in bars but on the street. I just smile politely and keep walking.

Annie D
11-25-2009, 09:11 AM
I agree with what everyone has added but I might have also said, " you are welcome to stay, I would enjoy the company and some conversation."

I realize that we are all looking for different things when we go out but for someone to approach you in a friendly manner is a form of acceptance which I believe that we are all somewhat seeking. To share some time with another person is not a bad thing.

Just my opinion. Thanks for listening.

sherri
11-25-2009, 09:47 AM
I agree with what everyone has added but I might have also said, " you are welcome to stay, I would enjoy the company and some conversation."

I realize that we are all looking for different things when we go out but for someone to approach you in a friendly manner is a form of acceptance which I believe that we are all somewhat seeking. To share some time with another person is not a bad thing.

Just my opinion. Thanks for listening.That's a great attitude and an even better response. I couldn't agree more.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
11-25-2009, 10:30 AM
I can't think of any way you could have handled this better. And congrats too because from what I've seen, you just experienced a fraction of what women deal with whenever they go out, which is a stream of hopeful men hitting on them. It was actually quite entertaining when I was out dressed up with some GGs at a local "ladies 80s" night a few months ago. Men were like whack-a-mole game pieces, as soon as one got knocked down another was immediately there.

joann07
11-25-2009, 10:59 AM
You turned him down nicely and with class.
By being kind to him, I'm sure he didn't feel like crawling under rock.

Hugs!

Tina123
11-25-2009, 11:20 AM
I would have responded in exactly the same manner, after all you were as polite as he was, why give offence, and you were firm enough to leave him in no doubt.

Elizebeth
11-25-2009, 11:42 AM
you handled it perfect.

SusanMarie
11-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Minnesota nice...

AlisonRenee
11-26-2009, 02:15 AM
Absolutely well done, Jennifer. I had a similar experience at a gay club in the Midwest this summer. Just told the guy that I didn't come to get picked up - only to enjoy being out en femme for an evening in a friendly place. Ended up with a nice conversation and my panties on. :battingeyelashes:

Actually that experience gave me more appreciation for the way women feel in that scenario. Just because a girl's in a bar alone doesn't mean she's looking for a hookup.

Shelly67
11-26-2009, 02:27 AM
I think you behaved very positively . Manners don't cost a penny , but sometimes can gain you £'s.............:hugs:

PrincessTia
11-26-2009, 02:32 AM
You handled it as well as anyone could hope for!

When I went out for Halloween to the CD Ball, I was very nervous. What if a guy asked me to dance? My wife, being the wise woman she is, said, "You're more worried if you don't get asked to dance." I didn't know how I would react to either situation.

These are situations that I sit and think about and try to plan my reactions for in advance. That way I don't sit there with my mouth open. Some poor boy might take that as an invitation to kiss me, and we don't want that. ;) :lol2:

Tia