PDA

View Full Version : Just bought some women's clothing for the first time.

shorty82
11-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been wanting to get some jean skirts for a long while now and today I finally did it. I went to the mall this afternoon and checked out Sears, JC Penney, and Dillard's and didn't find a thing. I decided to check out Kmart this evening (I found a few things on their site) and found a number of things.

I went mostly in drab, a polo shirt and an Amerikilt though I had on pantyhose under it (the kilt only goes to the knees so they were visible.) I thought about wearing the heels I got from Payless (the Twist Bootine (http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/twist-bootine) [no longer available from Payless it seems]) in but chickened out on them. I've never actually browsed the Women's section before and the most I've ever bought before are stockings so I was nervous.

I tried on a few different skirts and came home with three (http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/Compare?cName=Women%27s&storeId=10151&vName=Clothing&sName=Skirts&catalogId=10104&partNumber_1=027B430903960001P&partNumber_2=027B433665020001P&partNumber_3=027B430898980001P&prodCount=3) (if the link doesn't work narrow the skirt search by Material-Denim, I got all but the Rider Women's Copper Darted Jeans Skirt).

I also bought a belt to go with the skirts, a half slip, and a full slip.

I asked a sales associate for some help and when she asked who it was for I honestly told her it was for me. That made me feel a little better. I won't be so nervous next time. I'm apparently not the only CDer who shops there as I saw a CDer in full girl mode browsing the racks when I first got there. They were doing a good job a passing at first glance but with a second glance I could tell they were male as the face was masculine.

Found out first hand why a lot of girls have a hard time find clothes that fit, every skirt I got is a different size and they all fit.

Don't know when I'll wear one of these out but I'll try to do it soon.

Talon DeRojo
11-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Shorty - Congratulations on your first shopping trip!
Talon:)

jenna_woods
11-24-2009, 07:25 PM
glad you did it next time it will be easyer, and yes women's sizes do change a lor toth differant brands

sherri52
11-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Shorty first off welcome to the forum. Congrats on first shopping and to try them on as well, you did awesome. Hope to see you in those skirts soon. I like the first one best.

KitCat
11-24-2009, 07:37 PM
What a great outing Congrats and nice choices
Cat

Jolene
11-25-2009, 12:39 AM
Now that you have started shopping and have found how much fun it can be, your closet will soon overflow with nice clothes. :)

bianncats
11-25-2009, 12:44 AM
now you can build the wardrobe from there. Glad you had a positive experience.

Aubrey Green
11-25-2009, 12:49 AM
Shorty, sounds like your off to a great start. It will be easier now. OH! Welcome to the club!
:hugs: