PDA

View Full Version : Silly to get this excited to dress?

MelanieP
11-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Ok- so tomorrow I will have the day home alone to myself which means the first chance I will have had in 2 months to dress. Yay! I've been completely preoccupied the past few days in thinking about it- thinking about what clothes I'll wear, makeup, etc and what I'll spend my day doing. I just can't wait for that special moment right after transforming myself that I look in the mirror and see Melanie smiling back at me. I'm as giddy as a little girl thinking about it! :daydreaming: Does anyone get the same tingling butterflies over this or am I just overly reacting?

Melanie

Elizebeth
11-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Oh yes after it has been sometime. Then I find myself looking in the mirror far to long.

Lyndi
11-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Hi Melanie - yep, I get that tingling feeling EVERY single time I know Lyndi will be getting dressed and I would not change it for the world. Excitement courses through my body knowing I will soon have my favourite outfits on and I try and get dressed slowly, so as to maximise every second of the experience. So you are not alone in the feelings you have !!!!!!

simplykaelyn
11-24-2009, 11:11 PM
When you don't get the opportunity to do it very often each time is special.

Not overreacting IMO.

Molly Wells
11-24-2009, 11:29 PM
I will have the day tomorrow as well, until Thursday noon! I have been really excited waiting!
But, I have to fix the brakes on my truck first. Well, I guess I will have to get an early start!

Miranda09
11-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Absolutely....I get excited all the time whenever I can dress the whole day. You're not alone there. ;)

Crissy Kay
11-24-2009, 11:50 PM
Have fun while you can!!! I have a day to myself a week from teusday. Really looking forward to it.

MissyW
11-25-2009, 01:00 AM
Definately!

Jessica-Alix
11-25-2009, 03:48 AM
Always! Esp when its been a while since the last time- and it often is. If i know i have a day coming up i go to sleep thinking about it and wake up thinking about it! butterflies is def the word.

enjoy! i dont know when my next day will be :sad:

Frédérique
11-25-2009, 05:54 AM
Silly to get this excited to dress?
I'm as giddy as a little girl thinking about it! Does anyone get the same tingling butterflies over this or am I just overly reacting?

Yes, I still get extremely excited about dressing, even though I’m not a little girl any more…:doh:
I have tingling butterflies while I’m dressed, too – it just feels wonderful all the time. I wouldn’t call this feeling “silly,” however – how about “magical?” Part of the fun is maintaining the excitement that comes with crossdressing – in my case, absence makes the heart grow fonder…:battingeyelashes:

Claire Cook
11-25-2009, 05:59 AM
Oh YESSS! (It still kick starts my day.) Enjoy the rush .. and be sure to use an extra dab of antiperspirant! (Secret, of course...)

SusanCACD
11-25-2009, 06:45 AM
I know this will sound kinda strange but, I have been looking forward to every week end for the last month thinking about dressing completely with make up heels hair and nails. But for some reason I just can't get myself off my lazy butt to do make up. I really don't know how to very well and I know it takes practice to finally get it right. Maybe I am just afraid of the disappointment, I just don't know.......

Susan

erickka
11-25-2009, 06:52 AM
It happens to me too, especially after a long drought. With the holidays upon us, I will be pent up so much, that after New Years is done, LOOK OUT WORLD, because Erickka will be on the loose!

Kate Simmons
11-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Only CDers can really understand the excitement with that. This is where many potential problems come in with SO's who are understanding or trying to understand. They see the level of excitement it generates and wonder if they could be replaced by something they cannot possibly compete with.:straightface:

kristinacd55
11-25-2009, 09:13 AM
The anticipation is sooooo much fun. I get very excited when an opportunity arises like that! :daydreaming:

sherri52
11-25-2009, 09:15 AM
When I was married I felt the same way, now I dress all the time (after work).

AlanaBCD
11-25-2009, 09:46 AM
I think it is obvious we all feel the same way, you are not alone. I think about where I am going etc. too.

RachelRICD
11-25-2009, 01:23 PM
I work Tuesday & Thursday in a public office as a female administrative assistant with 5 other gg's and spend all of my time thinking about what I will wear to work. I will soon be adding another day and that means Ill need more clothes and shoes. I love getting ready for work and the walk to and from the car to the office is my favorite. It is always exciting to bring Rachel to life.

docrobbysherry
11-25-2009, 01:27 PM
When you don't get the opportunity to do it very often each time is special.
Not overreacting IMO.

I've been taking ladies things back and forth from my storage room for days! In anticipation of my upcoming first chance to dress since Halloween!:D

trannie T
11-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Of course you are silly and over reacting. I do the same thing.

Cheryl T
11-26-2009, 09:41 AM
I used to...I think we all did at some time.
Now I dress (maybe without makeup) but almost every day so that "thrill is gone". Now I'm just anxious to get home from work and toss these drab duds aside and slip into something more comfortable.:battingeyelashes:

chitu
11-28-2009, 01:11 PM
:love:
Ok- so tomorrow I will have the day home alone to myself which means the first chance I will have had in 2 months to dress. Yay! I've been completely preoccupied the past few days in thinking about it- thinking about what clothes I'll wear, makeup, etc and what I'll spend my day doing. I just can't wait for that special moment right after transforming myself that I look in the mirror and see Melanie smiling back at me. I'm as giddy as a little girl thinking about it! :daydreaming: Does anyone get the same tingling butterflies over this or am I just overly reacting?:brolleyes:i also waiting for a day where no body is there i also plan about my dress makeup about 10 days before . I also eagerly waiting for that day.

Melanie

Of course you are silly and over reacting. I do the same thing.
:hugs:u are looking very beautiful

I work Tuesday & Thursday in a public office as a female administrative assistant with 5 other gg's and spend all of my time thinking about what I will wear to work. I will soon be adding another day and that means Ill need more clothes and shoes. I love getting ready for work and the walk to and from the car to the office is my favorite. It is always exciting to bring Rachel to life.

u r great u really looks like lady u r transformation is great:hugs:

Oh YESSS! (It still kick starts my day.) Enjoy the rush .. and be sure to use an extra dab of antiperspirant! (Secret, of course...)
u look sexy

Danielle Gee
11-28-2009, 01:47 PM
I know EXACTLY how you feel.....Ain't it grand???

jacques
11-28-2009, 03:34 PM
hello,
yes I have been there, done that and bought the strappy vest top.
my gusset gets moist just thinking about it!
luv Jacques

rustifer
11-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Actually, I spent two years in prison, and every single day I thought about dressing. I'd always page through the sales flyers and fantasize about buying the panties I saw. My wife kept all my clothes waiting for me and I was so happy to slip into my beautiful and familiar femme stuff. Talk about torture though, I missed my cding so much.

jazmine
11-29-2009, 03:53 AM
It isn't silly at all. I get that way too, no matter how often I'm able to give the wheel to Jasmine. And lately, that's been every Monday. I've been excited about this Monday, since last monday, when Jasmine had to surrender "the wheel".

Loni
11-29-2009, 04:07 AM
I enjoy just getting home and dropping the drab, relaxing as Loni.

But yes it is exciting to shop and find a new outfit and try it on. Alas not at the stores...yet, working on that.

When the excitment is gone, go shopping for a new dress :-)

TrishW
01-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Lucky Duck

suchacutie
01-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Ok, my nail polish is competely rock hard, it's just after 5pm, work is done, and before 6 pm comes around Tina will be here!!!!

Maybe I don't want to dress every day if it means losing this excitement!!

Off I go, and here comes Tina!!!

love it!

tricia_uktv
01-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Of course not. Enjoy every minute and remember .... life is fun!

Loni
01-17-2010, 06:05 PM
I used to...I think we all did at some time.
Now I dress (maybe without makeup) but almost every day so that "thrill is gone". Now I'm just anxious to get home from work and toss these drab duds aside and slip into something more comfortable.:battingeyelashes:

that is how it is with me, put in my 12 hr day, get home and relax.

caan1848
01-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi Melanie. In my opinion you are far too restrained. No dressing for two months and only going ape with anticipation for a few days? Wow you are taking it cool girl! Seriously - hope you have / had a great day - I know I would. xx Catherine.

charlytuna
01-17-2010, 06:22 PM
there nothing to feel silly about getting excited when dressed it comes with being who we are and I enjoy it everytime I get dress and even when I underdress

Loni
01-17-2010, 06:30 PM
never silly to get all excited about getting all dolled up,

just wait till you are out and about in a great dress/free flowing skirt, and get a up draft.:D:eek:

it will remind you what it is all about.:daydreaming:

TrishW
01-18-2010, 01:02 AM
Ooo I'm jealous

Sarah Doepner
01-18-2010, 01:27 AM
I've found the planning of a long awaited cd session does two things for me. First it offers brief encounters with the excitment that dressing will bring, making the time until I can dress much easier to tolerate. Secondly, it provides an opportunity to mentally work on aspects of my makeup, clothing selection or presentation. Like an athlete who visualizes their sport in an effort to develop muscle memory or a winning attitude, the anticipation works the same for me and I'm better for it.

However, I do the same thing when planning camping trips, vacations or other pleasures that are in my future. While the anticipation isn't as sweet as the actual event, it's so much better than not having anything to look forward to. Is it silly? Maybe. Is it a bad thing? Heavens no! Anticipate, plan and smile to yourself as you imagine the texture of the clothing, the smell of your makeup, the taste of lipstick or the feel of your wig brushing your neck.

Sabrinasatin
01-18-2010, 05:29 PM
I certainly get the tingling feelings both before and during dressing - it's just so exciting!!

NikiMichelle
01-18-2010, 09:25 PM
I am always excited to get dressed up and get to a couple of times a week. I hate going to bed and having to get undressed....but before the bra hits the floor I usually have my next outfit planned.

shadyterri
01-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Melanie, I do not think you are over reacting about the tingling feelings thinking about getting dressed. Whether I have had to wait for months for the opportunity to dress or even if it was only a day ago, I still get that excited "rush" feeling. Even if I could dress daily, I still believe I would get that same excited feeling. Guess it is in my Genes?

Dee2U
01-19-2010, 07:18 PM
I too must go long times between dressing and the anticipation is part of the fun and excitement. What's interesting for me right now is I am having a very rare(never) experience. My SO is away for over 2 weeks and I am very much getting to live the life, at least at home. It is still very very enjoyable and fulfilling to express myself but less exciting. Sort of like too much chocolate every day!...Dee

t-girlxsophie
01-20-2010, 12:28 AM
Dont consider it Silly,its just the best feeling in the world,from picking your outfit to that look in the mirror.especially if you dont get a chance to dress often

NoraTV
01-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Every time is exciting for me.

Jun-chan
01-20-2010, 11:02 AM
I tend to get excited as well but usually not a whole day before actually doing it. But I know the feeling.