PDA

View Full Version : Bad time of year for shopping dressed or not

Sarah_new
11-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Even though I ventured out last week and I'm considering another trip, today I went shopping totally in drab. Why? Well I needed quite a few things (non-girly) and I needed to discuss my requirements with S.A's etc, hence in drab. Anyway whilst walking through the shopping area, I did end up going into a couple of clothing stores to look at femme clothes and then this thought occurred to me.

As Christmas approaches the shops are getting busier and busier and there are more temporary staff in these shops. To me this doesn't exactly sound like a good recipe for the nervous cross-dresser to enter en femme. Whilst crowds to some extent mean anonimity, they also increase the chances of being read. Also temporary sales staff may not have been trained in all company policies, which could lead to further problems. Or is my paranoia getting the better of me?

melissacd
11-25-2009, 12:53 PM
I think that you have nothing more to fear at this time of year than any other, just relax, get out there and enjoy the experience and the season.

Lorileah
11-25-2009, 12:57 PM
IT is probably paranoia more than anything. At this time of year (and especially at 6PM 12/24) there are millions of men rummaging through the women's departments, many are the exact same size as their spouses ;) Sales people are so rushed that they don't really have time to make judgments about you or your taste, although they might be thinking "that will be coming back Dec 26th. Does he think his wife wants a see through cheetah print shorty night gown?" :) Relax, it's the most wonderful time of the year :)

Sally2005
11-25-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't know about that, but chirstmas shopping is the time of year when I tend to see people I know. I wouldn't worry too much though, because when fully dressed, your own mother would probably not recognize you. You have to watch the body language and take on the attitude that the people you know are strangers...don't catch yourself waving at them!

Loni
11-25-2009, 01:00 PM
I say yes and no.
Yes as you are right on getting read, and treated very poorley, maybe even worse.

No as the temps just do not care, maybe even enjoy a cd/tg in there area.

As for other shopers....I have found that you never want to enrage a real woman that wants something. And some of the giggles from the younger girls.

Who knows maybe some of us singles can find a date?

But this is from the eyes of one that is not passable.

Loni.

Kathi Lake
11-25-2009, 01:13 PM
. . . this doesn't exactly sound like a good recipe for the nervous cross-dresser to enter en femme.And with that phrase, you hit the nail squarely on the head. Sarah, why be nervous!? Have fun, be matter-of-fact and very few people will bat an eye. I went places this Monday that definitely know me as a guy and no one treated me any differently. I believe that is because I acted no differently than I usually do. Basically, I'm the same candy no matter what wrapper you put me in. Silly analogy perhaps, but I just woke up. :)

Kathi

Karren H
11-25-2009, 01:21 PM
My opinion is the more the merrier!! Way easier to go out when there are a lot of people all worried about getting the uber best gift for their loved ones and don't have time to worry about what you should or shouldn't be wearing... So get with the holiday and be merry... Or is that be Mary? Hell be both!! Ho ho ho! :)

sherri52
11-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Remember when there are more people shopping, there are more people filling the stores to take away from you being noticed. The more people to see the less likely they see you.

tricia_uktv
11-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Sarah, crowds are our friend. We are safe in a crowd. Having said that and experienced a manic day shopping in Manchester only last Sunday when the weather was apalling. I will be extremely happy on December 26th.

Remember you can always use Christmas as your excuse for buying what you are buying. Just don't :)

Katesback
11-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Sounds like paranoia. Also I think the world is supposed to end next year sooo you might want to get that will written out and stuff the voids of the walls with canned goods.

Alice Torn
11-25-2009, 08:23 PM
If you dress pretty modestly and plain, it won't be like shopping in a short skirt, or short dress, hose, and high heels! The firsy way, won;t draw as many eyes.

Sara Jessica
11-25-2009, 08:27 PM
I used to shy away from the holiday crowds but no longer will I do that. I adore the holiday season, I love giving gifts and it's just another excuse to go out and buy lots of stuff. There are great deals to be had as well, all the more reason to go out and have fun!!! :)

ClaireT
11-25-2009, 10:05 PM
It might be easier to blend into a crowd, but the extra time waiting in long queues for the checkouts under the close scrutiny of those waiting with you can be pretty nerve-wracking. The flipside is that there so much more interesting stuff to choose from and you wouldn't want to miss out on something special.

Carly D.
11-30-2009, 08:36 PM
I do most of my shopping for girly stuff between Thanksgiving and Valentines day.. and when you think of it doesn't it make sense to do it in this time frame?? ok this is the time of year that I am the most relaxed at shopping for fem attire, I shop for fem clothing all year around.. just the way I am..

flic
12-01-2009, 04:35 AM
It's hard,,,but don't be nervous!! This is sure to give you away quicker than anything as it seems to trigger something primeval which means we can identify a nervous individual quicker than anything! As for the shops being busier,,,it just means you'll have to barge through a bit more, but peeps will be too busy stressing their way through their own day to worry about anything else. As for temp staff,,,don't underestimate them,,,i work in a shop where i've seen lots of tg peeps come and go and the staff have always been respectful and given$ the same service as to anybody else. The key to a good shopping experience is to treat everyone with respect,,,it will always be radiated right back on to you,,,so smile :) Anyways, loads of temp staff are students,,,surely known for their accepting attitudes and diversity? So keep your head up,,,and make sure you have fun!!
x flic x

andrea35
12-01-2009, 09:42 AM
I would never go out fully dress but, I found out that this is a great time to go out shopping, every body is too busy to notice, even though I do get paranoia that some friend or relative will see me. It already happened once while buying a pair of shoes, a run into some old friends but I kept my cool and told them that my wife had wanted to buy that pair of shoes the day before and that now I was getting them for her as a gift. I was only hoping that they would not mention it to my wife.

linnea
12-01-2009, 05:31 PM
I think, as others have said, that crowds are more our friends than not. Yes, it might make you nervous to be in a long line where the people near you have a lot of time to look you over, but I think that that is a small worry. Enjoy the season!