PDA

View Full Version : follow on from Slimjim's Are You Thankful For Being A Crossdresser?

Samantha Kelsey
11-26-2009, 03:53 AM
As a follow on from Slim jim's Are You Thankful For Being A Crossdresser?

Just suppose that someone came along and said,
"I can stop you crossdressing now and erase from your and everyone elses mind that you were ever a crossdresser. You will have no desire ever again to crossdress"
Would you accept and why do you answer as you do?

Sam.

MiraM
11-26-2009, 03:59 AM
I for one would have to decline that offer. Alicia is a very important part of who I am, and I am not willing to give that up.

Jeanna
11-26-2009, 04:48 AM
No.
That would mean half of brain would have to be removed leaving me a social retard that most people are.
I'll remain,,
Jeanna

Shelly67
11-26-2009, 04:51 AM
Yes.

crusadergirl
11-26-2009, 05:06 AM
No way. It wouldn't help me if its gone i just wish i wasn't a crossdresser b/c i'm going though some changes in my life.

Jonianne
11-26-2009, 05:27 AM
This journey of life is full of wonderful and amazing experiences, both good and bad, and it takes all those experiences to find out who we are and what we are made of. Our learning and growing comes from finding out what works and doesn't work for us.

It took a long, long time and a lot of changes for me to finally settle in my spirit that it is OK, even as a male, to gravitate toward being like a female. That is what makes me happy. That is what brings me a sense of peace.

There was a time when I wanted to be able to push a button and make it end, but now looking back, I am so glad that I continued on and discovered OK'ness in just being myself.

"Truly accepting yourself, as you exist today, at this very moment, is one of the greatest acts of love and courage on the planet. Once you've done this, you can extend that acceptance to others as a gift that can be treasured for life.

The giant exhalation, sigh of relief, relaxing of gut and freeing of mind that comes with knowing, hey, I'm not a perfect person, but that's OK. Knowing you don't have to arrive to be loved. It's OK to still be on the journey, tripping over the occasional stone.

Accepting yourself is an act of empowerment as well. When you can let go of all the "shoulds" and "not good enoughs" that clutter up your life, you will feel strong and healthy. Striving to live up to someone else's expectation, is more exhusting than chasing after septuplets.

The moment you say to yourself, I'm OK as is, not perfect, not without goals, but OK. The moment you truly OWN that feeling, is the first moment you'll feel the high that comes with loving your ordinary, flawed, distinctive, caring, giving, taking, seeking, hiding, conflicted self. This acceptace forms the solid foundation necessary to love and accept others......." From the Dr. Joy Browne newsletter Feb, 1998.

Vicky_Scot
11-26-2009, 05:53 AM
No Ta

It is part of who I am. It makes me the person Iam.

Take that part of me away and you may as well just put me down.

Xx Vicky xX

Ricki S.
11-26-2009, 07:49 AM
Yes. My SO just left and the pain is still very, very fresh. This is heaped on top of the pain that my dressing caused to two previous wives. I never meant to cause anyone to suffer.

Send that magical person my way. Sign me up.

Kate Simmons
11-26-2009, 07:53 AM
It would depend entirely on the person who made the offer to me Samantha and the reason they were making it.:)

Raychel
11-26-2009, 07:56 AM
No Way, This a part of my life and I enjoy it. It may cause some stress in other peoples lives, But they have also caused stress in my lkife before, They will have to deal with it. This is my life and I like it. :2c:

Jocelyn Quivers
11-26-2009, 08:23 AM
As tempting as it is to say yes. I would have to decline, for I would feel as if something is missing.

Karren H
11-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Oh yeah!! In a heart beat....

Cheryl T
11-26-2009, 09:34 AM
How can I deny who I am?

How can I let someone change the fiber of my being?

I might as well ask for a lobotomy so I can forget what my life has been to this day and only remember the future. What life is that?

Frédérique
11-26-2009, 10:17 AM
"I can stop you crossdressing now and erase from your and everyone elses mind that you were ever a crossdresser. You will have no desire ever again to crossdress"

No, I wouldn’t, because I don’t see crossdressing as a problem. If you erased my desire to dress in women’s clothing, my life would suddenly be empty, emotionless, and devoid of the joy I get from this simple pleasure – why deny these rare gifts, or, more specifically, what do you have against it? I know, this is a hypothetical question, but there seems to be a huge, hidden iceberg of unhappiness around here. Am I that rare creature that loves what I do? It all makes me wonder…

I was watching a show on TV about dreams the other night, and it was disclosed that stroke victims sometimes lose their capacity to dream. Rather than sleep while the brain knits together sensory input for pleasant or nightmarish entertainment, stroke victims enter an emptiness that has no restorative benefits. Why am I bringing this up? The cessation of one’s desire to crossdress would plunge a person into an equally chilling, albeit waking, emptiness, an intergalactic void of drab with no safe harbor for one’s feelings. If a shaman came along with a magic elixir to “cure” me of my feminine urges, I would say, “No, thank you,” make a 180 degree turn in my heels, skirt no doubt twirling, and skip out of sight. Repeat after me – It’s not a problem…:hmph:

Paula G
11-26-2009, 10:59 AM
I would say no. It's too much a part of who I am and things would not be the same for me afterwards.

Mindymaycd
11-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Yes, sign me up.

Kerigirl2009
11-26-2009, 11:25 AM
YES I would take it, as it was stated no one would no including myself, so what would I be missing after this. NOTHING. If I was to be without I would probably have a big temper and short fuse. This is how I get when I am denied my CD time. So it may not be a good idea after all. As I might end up alienating my family even more after. And would that create a bigger "Problem" to deal with. the world may never know. So now that I think about it, probably not. Is it really that bad anyways?

JiveTurkeyOnRye
11-26-2009, 01:10 PM
There's a time I would have said yes, but now I wouldn't because who knows what tangential things about my life were shaped by this and I'd hate to lose any of that.

BeckyAnderson
11-26-2009, 01:17 PM
I would have to absolutely decline the offer. Crossdressing, for all of the grief it has caused me throughout my life, has actually helped create the person I am today and I like who I am today. It's part of my foundation and, as everyone knows, without a good foundation a house will crumble.

Hugs,
Becky

ninapuella
11-26-2009, 01:25 PM
The thing is that I have the possiblity to quit and forget all the time, all by myself. I dont need someone else to make that kind of decision. That day I dont feel satisfied with my crossdressing, I will quit immidiately. But I still just feel its a part of my journey and a very important part of me. I just dont have any better ideas than to continue.

ukxdress
11-26-2009, 03:49 PM
As a follow on from Slim jim's Are You Thankful For Being A Crossdresser?

Sam.

No I wouldn't stop. I enjoy it too much - it is who I am

nikki in hose
11-26-2009, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't do it. It is a part of me and a part of my life and has helped to shape who I am now. While I have some memories of times that I would like to forget that involved CD'ing, I also have some very fond and enjoyable memories of being a gurl.

sherri52
11-26-2009, 06:30 PM
I would refuse. I like the clothes I wear and the feeling of total comfort that I get while wearing them.

2B Natasha
11-26-2009, 07:01 PM
I would say. "WTF took you so long to get here!"

Why would I say that. It would make my life one hell of a lot easier and cheaper. I, for one, don't believe that it has help, in any significant way, to make me who I am. We are all made up of every experience that we ever had. Dressing in the clothes associated with the other gender is only a small fraction of the whole. Taking it away would not lesson my paternal instincts, my love of travel, my love of cooking, my compassion for others not my love of animals, fried or on the sofa.

ericat
11-26-2009, 07:27 PM
negative. i am who i am, and my SO accepts that.

Melanie R
11-26-2009, 07:29 PM
I am thankful that I am gender gifted. I can present as a woman or as a man whenever I desire with the full support of my wife, family and many friends. No one could ask for more in life.

joank
11-26-2009, 07:55 PM
In the word of the imortal Benny Reynolds--"yep".

Taylor186
11-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Of course. Society, for the most part, condemns crossdressing, and I don't see that changing significantly in my lifetime.

And, as you said in the original post "the desire would be gone" so I wouldn't be missing a thing.

But, if you had a pill to change the attitude of the 95%+ that condemn us, then I'd say give it to them and I'll stay the way I am.

KarenEdwards
11-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Yes, indeed, I would accept. Provided, of course, that all memories of it would be permanently erased including the really good ones. Otherwise, I would miss it too much...

Babette
11-28-2009, 09:09 PM
No way! It's taken me a long time to get over the guilt and gain total acceptance. Quite frankly, I like my present state of mind and I'm having too much fun. Besides, I still haven't found too many male-styled clothes that it like.

Babette

Angie G
11-28-2009, 09:17 PM
No Way I love it so much.:hugs:
Angie

Patty
11-28-2009, 09:22 PM
no --enjoy it too much now

Staci
11-28-2009, 09:28 PM
I would say yes. Life would be just a little less complicated,---I think. But this is all I have known and it has worked. Maybe this is just the "Grass is greener on the other side" syndrome.

Natalie de Valley
11-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Very tempting to yes because I feel I might get more done in other aspects of my life but I currently feel it's apart of who I am, I just wish it wasn't so unacceptable.

Victoria Pink
11-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I'd give it up. As much as I am finally happy with being the girl I am, I find a huge struggle yet with having those around me accept me for who I am. Thus, I would like to gravitate to the person that my family and friends could accept. The loneliness and pain with life this way is hard.

Victoria

islandgirl
11-28-2009, 10:11 PM
had to think about it..but yes..if I had no memory of the pleasure and pain it has caused in the last half century...I feel as though I have learned to embrace who and what I am....but it has been a journey with no way to opt out...I know I would have many more "good nights sleep" If the cd thing had never been part of my dna...:2c:

CherylFlint
11-28-2009, 11:10 PM
No way, no how, not ever, don't even mention it 'cause it's just too much fun. Actually, it's the only way that I know how to REALLY relax.

lavistaa62
11-28-2009, 11:11 PM
It would be nice if someone would also take away my tendency to procrastinate, to be sarcastic and unappreciative, to not be as dedicated as an ideal person might be and not to stress about things in life over which I have little control.

AllieSF
11-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Since I am about 3 years new to all this and am having such a terrific time, I would have to say "No". I am single and no one knows. However, if I found the next love of my life, or somone found out causing major changes in my life .....? Come back every so often and I may just want to change my mind!

joann426
11-28-2009, 11:23 PM
i really dont want to go back i love my self as i am , my wife knows i do every evening and see me like a girl friend i just love her for that

Rebecca Jayne
11-28-2009, 11:27 PM
No
In fact I want an enhancer session
then I want a broad beam aimed at everyone to forgive and forget and then no one will feel guilty and we will all be accepted.

theresa
11-28-2009, 11:51 PM
No way. I love the way I am and really woudnt be comfortable with being any different way. I love my life the way it is.

Celeste
11-29-2009, 12:35 AM
When I think how few things in life there are that provide a sense of enjoyment and release such as this,I can't deal with the thought of it being gone forever.Its been a journey full of personal growth and continued insight.

Samantha Kelsey
11-29-2009, 07:51 AM
It's so good to see that so many of us are so happy with the way we are. My answer by the way would be a resounding NO! I can however understand why some people would say yes, It could be a huge weight off their shoulders. After all we are all so different.

Stephanie Stephens
11-29-2009, 07:58 AM
I would have to say yes, take it all away including the homosexual thoughts.
Life would be a whole lot easier.

Megan70
11-29-2009, 08:03 AM
This question is asked over and over again, and as always I am the lone leaf on the tree that hasn't dropped.
I do not, am, happy with being a crossdresser for over 50 years, the reasons being too numerous, personal and hurtful that the hundreds of times i have dressed up and gone out public as a woman with my wife or myself- the millions on times I satisfied myself sexually as an afterward release ... None of it.... none of it was worth one day of being a crossdresser and having my life f_ucked u. I am not happy wit me..
I 'm not happy with CDing or have been I wish that person would come around and wave that magic wand.

To me its not a gift.... it is a G.D. Curse that I regret struck this body.
Its Sunday- end of sermon.:2c:

:sad: :Angry3:

Megan