PDA

View Full Version : A Major Step Forward

Alice B
11-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Last night I asked my wife if she would mind if I got dressed Saturday evening. This is nothing new and I was sure she would not mind. But, I then added that I wanted to go out to SRO, a local gay bar that many cross dressers go to on Saturday evenings. I have been there before when she was out of town, she knew and was not overly thrilled about it. But this time she said it's OK. That it is my life and her only concern was someone she knew knowing me as her husband. I assured her it would be safe. This is a major milestone in her acceptance of Alice. A great Thanksgiving gift.:daydreaming:

az_azeel
11-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Its nice that you have such an understanding wife... perhaps in return you could give her a treat.. or its a shame that she cant go out with you...

Alice B
11-26-2009, 05:09 PM
She is becoming more accepting al the time, but she would never go out with me to a bar. She is not a bar person and I doubt that we will ever go out together with me dressed, but I'll take what I can.

az_azeel
11-26-2009, 05:25 PM
ah well small steps as they say... dont forget then to give your wife an appropriate treat and enjoy your night out.. ;)

Rachel Morley
11-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Hi Alice,

I'm thrilled for you! Do you think that she had come to this decision because the likelihood of her knowing someone who frequents a gay bar that crossdressers go to and recognizes you is not "that" likely or is it perhaps that she's as my wife likes to say:

"crossdressing is sometimes like a new food, you have to taste it a few times before you decide that you like it" :)

sherri52
11-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Try taking her for a ride and stopping for dinner at a take out and eat it in the park. You get out dressed and she is with you, maybe in the next town where nobody knows you.

Mindymaycd
11-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Hey Alice I hope that you have a good time, I must have lost the invite, he,he,he :daydreaming:

jenna_woods
11-27-2009, 01:52 PM
I would say you are a luckey lady.

Karren H
11-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Have I told you I hate you lately, Alice? Just kidding... Lucky girl... Last night when my daughter was flipping through tv channels and stopped on "Rue Paul's Drag Race"... My wife snapped.... "Get that off there". Sigh...

Alice B
11-27-2009, 02:54 PM
My wife used to serve on the board of directors of a laundry service for those with aids. We have had several gay friends as a result and she is very open to gays. That said, she would never go out with me dressed as Alice, for a ride or anything else. But, she does accept my need to dress as long as I keep in under control and remain the basic person I am. No problem there.

Karren, yes I am very lucky and her new acceptance of my going out is a new thing. But you being jealous. Never. I've always been jealous of you and your ability to express yourself. Wish you were here to join for the evening. You could even bring your hockey stick.

Mindy, the invitation is open.

Karren H
11-27-2009, 03:15 PM
I'd have to ask my wife first, Alice... She has to approve any extracricular activities that involve a hockey stick! Its the rules!! Lol. Your too sweet!!

Alice B
11-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Karren,

Well, I did ask my wife. For me that was a major step forward and as I said earlier I was very pleased at her response. Since I have shot a lot of professional sports (football, soccer, golf, boxing, track & field and rugby) it would be fun shooting you doing your thing with a hockey stick. Your adventures always inspire me and maybe someday I'll be able to follow suit.

Mindymaycd
11-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Hey Alice, I had an unexpected visitor form out of town come and stay the night. I was so looking forward to meeting you and being out. I hope that you have a fabulous time. Did you take any pictures?