PDA

View Full Version : Going to my brother's wedding! As ME!!

MAJESTYK
11-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Just to make a long story short, recently I have started living most of my time as "me". That means going about my life presenting as a woman. I have recently either told almost all of them or have confirmed what they already figured out themselves.
My little brother is getting married on Monday and I am going as " me".:eek: I met his fiance' today and she and he together said that they dont care how I am dressed as long as I come! .......Knowing my brother, I'll probably be overdressed! :D

Lyndi
11-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Good on you !!! Have fun.

Billie1
11-26-2009, 10:50 PM
:)
Lucky you!
Just remember to take along some dancing shoes, if there's going to be a party afterwards! :dance:

MAJESTYK
11-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Billie, I'll remember to! But, as I dance I could wear 6" heels! I dont last that long or do it that well!

Megan70
11-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Wow, now there's areal surprise. Hope everything works out to your advantage.

Carole
11-27-2009, 01:45 AM
Hope you have a great time Majestyk, enjoy the day!!!!!!!!

Charlena
11-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Good for you, I hope you have a wonderful time. Peace to you and all you love my friend.

MAJESTYK
11-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks everyone, I'm sure it will be a great time. They all accept me and it wasnt that big of a deal but, it's the first time with them all together and at a function like this! I'll try to take some pics and share after!

Barbara Dugan
11-27-2009, 09:23 AM
great if the accept you.. go for it :thumbsup:have fun

Jodi M
11-27-2009, 10:15 AM
How cool to have such an accepting family. you are truly blessed! Have a great time at the wedding.

Brandi Wyne
11-27-2009, 10:19 AM
It's been said, "Do the thing you fear the most and you have conquered fear." I hope all goes well.

Mickey

MarciManseau
11-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Go for it, and here's hoping you catch the bouquet. I love going to wedding, and long as it's not my own :devil:

MAJESTYK
11-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone, it should be fun.

Marci, that would be neat but I'm already married!

SabrinaDubh
11-27-2009, 11:52 AM
I don't know... seems like you would be taking the attention and the spotlight off of the bride and groom. Especially the bride.

I'm all for coming out when the time is right, and if you're living most of your life as female and headed towards 24/7 then yeah, you should probably come out to your family. But someone else's big day doesn't see like the right kind of day to do it. Maybe a holiday or family BBQ would be better

Just my .02, YMMV.

MAJESTYK
11-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Margot, I didnt include enough in my post; I am out to my family and do live 99%of my time as female so it's not really "coming out " . It will just be the first time I have interacted with the whole family as female and I dont plan on upstaging the bride at all, I'm much more sedate than that.

TJ Tresa
11-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Congradulations, I hope you have a wonderful time and I also hope you take several pictures.

FireflyGG
11-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Billie, I'll remember to! But, as I dance I could wear 6" heels! I dont last that long or do it that well!

Yes but you'll want to do it not that well, comfortably! :heehee:

Congrats! That's so awesome be openly accepted by your family at a major event. It sounds like your brother is marrying an awesome girl too. :thumbsup: have fun and remember, we want pics!!

Annie D
11-28-2009, 12:09 AM
Congratulations on being out, I'm sure that it is a wonderful feeling. There is just one catch: it may be your brother's wedding but it is supposed to be the bride's day. Please, please don't do anything that would take away from her special day, something she has probably dreamed about all of her life.

Before you publicly out yourself to another group of people, please think of they others and not about yourself. If you are pretty much out, you might ask the bride what she thinks about your coming to the wedding enfemme.

She should be the talk of the day, she should be the one in the spotlight......not you!

I feel so strongly about this that I didn't read any of the other replies but just started typing. Please give your idea a second thought!

Melinda G
11-28-2009, 12:18 AM
I don't know... seems like you would be taking the attention and the spotlight off of the bride and groom. Especially the bride.

I'm all for coming out when the time is right, and if you're living most of your life as female and headed towards 24/7 then yeah, you should probably come out to your family. But someone else's big day doesn't see like the right kind of day to do it. Maybe a holiday or family BBQ would be better

My sentiments exactly.
Pardon me for pointing out that your little brothers wedding is not all about you.

Rianna Humble
11-28-2009, 08:16 AM
My little brother is getting married on Monday and I am going as " me".:eek: I met his fiance' today and she and he together said that they dont care how I am dressed as long as I come!

THat's really great! Thank you for sharing with us how supportive your brother and his fiancee are being. I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding. :hugs:

you might ask the bride what she thinks about your coming to the wedding enfemme.

She should be the talk of the day, she should be the one in the spotlight......not you!

I feel so strongly about this that I didn't read any

You sure didn't read the original where Majestyk's brother's fiancee said she didn't care what M wore so long as she came to the wedding.

Rather than criticize Majestyk for being prepared to go to the wedding as herself, you should congratulate her for having a brother and fiancee who want her to go.

My sentiments exactly.
Pardon me for pointing out that your little brothers wedding is not all about you.

What part of the fiancee's comments did you not understand?

Annie D
11-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Rianna, thank you for pointing out my mistake, but eating at the dinner table in your underwear might be acceptable but it is still bad manners. How about if one of the guests at the wedding showed up in a clowns costume and had gotten the bride's permission before the wedding? What would be the topic of conversation?

If we are going to dress like a lady then we should think like one.

Sheila
11-28-2009, 09:29 AM
If we are going to dress like a lady then we should think like one.

if you knew Majestik, you would know she is the complete lady ............... MAJESTYK, you and that wonderful lady of yours have a wonderful time at your brothers wedding.

To others ............. please at least read the OP before adding your :2c: