PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressed = Fountain of Youth?

Julie
07-29-2005, 01:25 AM
I was talking to my daughter today and told her about being mistaken for a 33 year old. She immediately asked, "Were you dressed?" I told her yes. Then she said, "You always look younger dressed."

Is this true for everyone? If so, it seems the cosmetics companies have some serious campaigning to do. The fountain of youth.

Maybe we are the true pioneers! :thumbsup:

Tristen Cox
07-29-2005, 02:49 AM
I'd have to say I agree. Most everyone I have seen before and after photos of looks about ten years younger or more when decked our and made up too. Why not? I look at me and feel like I look younger too. Maybe it's the hair or the clothes in some cases that gives that youthful appearance. What ever it is it's a blessing. ;)

TammyB
07-29-2005, 03:24 AM
Yeah the slap don' alf help. Gone are those nasty dark cirlces and zits I got :)

Clare
07-29-2005, 03:50 AM
As Tristen states, in the before/after thread, it was amazing how everyone suddenly looked so much younger, confident and relaxed.

Maybe its something to do with the magnitude of the 'transformation' but there is a definate impression of youthfulness in everyone showing through.

Christine

eleventhdr
07-29-2005, 04:15 AM
that is the real hidden magic of being female one can always look there best and then appear younger then one's male self could ever be because males can age fine but not like female sooner or later the male body just does not hold up. Sure females have problems as well but in the final long run it is they that we always admire and look and want to be like as much as possible thus why we who pursue this want to be just this way really. Oh well. Suzy!.

jo_ann
07-29-2005, 04:44 AM
here's what I think... women wear makeup everyday, most of us don't come close to that, so our skin isn't aging at the same rate. So by the time we're 30 or 40, we're way younger looking by comparison to other women.

Toyah
07-29-2005, 05:00 AM
Are we lucky bunnies or what I look younger definatly, you would not want to see me first thing in the morning in drab.

Mx Justina
07-29-2005, 05:17 AM
The more integrated the Femme aspect or persona becomes...the more motivated (emotionally) and greater the ability of the mind to focus (to the most minute details) on maximising the interior and exterior self... Part of the motivation will be to maintain the cherished image...as long as humanly possible!

The more you know yourself (including your unique physical reality)...the less likely you would be subject to outside distortions about what is and isn't "femenine", or be made dependant on dangerous medical contrivances... In order to preserve that merged, cherished embodiment...

J.

Julie
07-29-2005, 05:49 AM
Cosmetic companiies are already working on getting guys to warm up to their products. I've seen several commercials where they are pushing products for men in much the same way as they do women. One that comes to mind is a lotion that is supposed to make you look younger and your skin fresher, not something your average guy gives much thought to. It shows a good looking guy being ignored by a good looking girl. Then he uses the product and suddenly she's all smiles when she sees him. I couldn't tell any difference in the before and after except his hair was combed. Will your average guy become self conscious enough to take the bait?

Of course, if this continues, it's only a matter of time before men wearing makeup is the norm. I wonder how far it will go.....+?

Donna-GG
07-29-2005, 06:58 AM
My SO really does look younger with makeup. It also makes me feel younger ;-)

Stephanie Brooks
07-29-2005, 08:08 AM
I'll give the dissenting response. ;)

I'm about to go to my 30th high school class reunion. My boss, a GG with whom I'd shared an office prior to her promotion, said I'll be the youngest looking person there.

Youth is inside. Perhaps crossdressing helps us release it, but I think it's there whether we're crossdressed or not.

Of course, this may require some lab and field work. Hmmm... now where did I put that mascara? ^_^

DonnaT
07-29-2005, 08:11 AM
WEll Stephanie, as we've seen you pics, and I've met you in person, I do believe you look younger enfemme, IMHO :thumbsup: .

Stephanie Brooks
07-29-2005, 08:41 AM
WEll Stephanie, as we've seen you pics, and I've met you in person, I do believe you look younger enfemme, IMHO :thumbsup: .
Thank you DonnaT! <*blush*>

uknowhoo
07-29-2005, 08:57 AM
I'd agree that generally we do look younger en femme.
I believe I'm an exception to that rule tho.
I'm 41 and am often mistaken for 30-35,
but I'm afraid I look my aga (at least) en femme.
I hope it's just a matter of practice tho,
I just started doing make-up quite recently.

Jenny Beth
07-29-2005, 09:10 AM
My wife has said that when I do the whole makeup thing it takes a few years off me. But I think she's just being kind, for one thing suddenly having a full head of hair certainly changes my image.

Stephenie
07-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Julie, Men used to wear make up as much as women did. It's just harder to keep it looking good in a Blue collar job. I work around/with alot of girls in a blue collar envorment and they soon stop using make up at work.

windycissy
07-29-2005, 10:23 AM
The right wig can make a man (or woman) look years younger. This is not only true for bald or balding guys. Conversely, if I put on a gray wig, I'd look a lot older than I am. Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

Ophelia D'Void
07-29-2005, 03:07 PM
I'd have to agree with Windy... the hair style really does make a difference as far as age.

I'm getting a little thin on top, but I think that I have enough of a baby face that when I don a cap I suddenly become ambiguously early 20's, rather than late, late, late 20's.

And hair styles and volume truly do make a difference in appearance of age, even in women. Women past a certain age experience not only graying, but a thinning on top as well (although not normally to the same extent as men or in the same pattern. Women begin losing alot of hair after they become pregnant, and it rarely comes back, although with most women it's quite subtle.

As far as makeup, it in and of itself doesn't necessarily make someone look older or younger. If done right, it has a tendency to make someone look to be an ambiguous age between the late teens and late 30's. Which is part of the reason why little kids look much older when they put on gobs of makeup (I wonder if there's some correlation between that and the increasing number of teenage pregnancy, but that's a different thread all together).

If done the wrong way, or intentionally, makeup can make someone look much older. It's all a matter of how the foundations and what not are used to either cover or accentuate wrinkles, knowing what colors work on you and what don't (some foundations will make you look ashy [ya ya, I know, but in my case it's intentional]), and a bad color combination can really make you look old.

Summary:
Wig can make you look young if done right;can make you look like a tranny if done wrong.

Makeup can make you look to be 30ish, so if you're older it'll make you look younger, if you're younger it'll make you look older, and if done wrong, then you look like a tranny again.

Fiona K
07-29-2005, 05:46 PM
I'm happy to think that I look younger en femme, so just don't enlighten me!!
Fiona
xx

MarinaTwelve200
07-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Yes, I noticed I look at least 20 years younger than my 56 years.---Sometimes even more so. And I am not wearing all that much makeup. Of course the dark wig helps considerably, but I also noticed that quite often even my skin smoothes out when I am CD--I can see the difference.

My theory is that the change in "psyche" one undergoes when CDed also changes the tension pattern of the facial muscles. I noticed something similar in my long time (GG) girl friend even when she was in her late 30's there would be days and times when she would look like she was in her early 20's OR late 50's it all seemed to have something to do with her attitude at the moment---Her facial muscles changing tension patterns.---I told her that she could be a GREAT character actress, if she could conciously control the effect.

Mx Justina
07-29-2005, 06:32 PM
it all seemed to have something to do with her attitude at the moment---Her facial muscles changing tension patterns.---I told her that she could be a GREAT character actress, if she could conciously control the effect.

You are very close to somethings physiological that 98% of TGs never focus on...even as as they slather all manner of primping concoctions on their faces.

J.