PDA

View Full Version : . . . and the girliness accelerates!

Kathi Lake
11-27-2009, 08:55 PM
I wasn't planning on dressing. Honest! :)

The company that acquired us does not do a carryover of our vacation hours. Since I'm kind of a workaholic (I honestly love my job!), I had about 300 hours of vacation to take, so I decided to take Thanksgiving week off. Oh, and I might just take December off as well. :)

Monday was just going to be a "geek-dad at home" day. You know, the normal stuff - jailbreak my Apple TV, clean out my main media file server (8TB of movies, music and pictures), and help one of my Ulta friends with her website. Well, she called the night before saying that she wasn't feeling well. That left me with just a few tasks to fill up a whole day. Hmmmmm, what to do, what to do? Hey, I know! Shopping!! Gee, the kids are at school, I wonder if I should dress up? Hmmm, I haven't had a chance to wear my new black and white top I got a few weeks ago. Let's do it!!

I started, as usual, with a nice close shave, then attached my forms (the only girls I love more are my wife and daughter :)), put on a nice T-shirt (just because I love seeing my shape in the mirror (Yeah, yeah, I know. Narcissistic much? :)), and started on my makeup. I did my usual daytime smoky eye, as it really brings out my dark eyes well. For some reason, I used a bit less foundation than I usually do as it was kind of a casual day. It really turned out looking pretty natural. Yay! I added some powder, bronzer, blush, lipliner and lipstick, brushed out my wig and I was ready. Well, not totally ready. Undies and a T-shirt isn't exactly a standard shopping outfit in these conservative parts.

I put on my Silver skinny jeans (although they may not be skinny to Michelle, they are to me (this post (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116003) - number 33)), and my new top from White House/Black Market. Then it was time to decide on shoes. Pumps or boots. Pumps (slip on and go to the mirror). Boots (tug on and go to the mirror). Dang dang dang!! Both look cute! I finally decided to go with the pumps as I was feeling pretty today, for some reason. The boots are cute, but a little chunky - not the best choice with skinny jeans. For this outfit, I should have bought the Steve Madden stiletto boots I saw in Famous Footwear a few weeks ago. I was going to, but the boots I got instead were sooooo comfortable. Sometimes hotness does get sacrificed for comfort. :)

The boot dilemma decided my first stop for me - DSW. I walked into DSW a little nervous. Normally, I shop there in drab as it is about 4-5 miles from my front door. For some odd reason, I was more nervous dressed fully as a woman trying on shoes than my normal mode of trying on shoes dressed as a guy. Strange, eh?

Walking in the store, a SA immediately told me of their 70% off sale and directed me to the sale racks. After looking around the racks for a bit, I could see why they couldn't sell them at normal prices. I told the girl that I was really looking for some cute boots. She smiled and took me over to the boot area. She then told me of which boots were on sale. Being almost the only customer in the store, I soon had two other SA's gravitate towards me. One of them had the cutest pair of black slouchy boots on. I told her that those were perfect! She shyly said that she bought them at Dillards, but brought me a pair that was close. Now that the ice was broken and my nervousness gone, the fun began! Sure, there were a few close calls - the gorgeous trophy wife trying on boots next to me, with her stroller-pushing husband glaring nearby. She and I would critique each others' choices, as she constantly made comments about my shape - yeah, like she had any worries! Once she saw my raised eyebrows and asked what was wrong. I nodded towards her grumpy husband. She laughed and said not to worry about it in a tone that clearly said, "Oh. Him? Psh! Don't worry about it! I have him totally under my control." :)

Other than a very cute pair of Calvin Klein boots, I didn't find anything. My main problem is that I want a pair of calf-hugging boots. Unfortunately, my calves are about as big around as a pack of Mentos, so finding a pair like that may take awhile. One of the SA's told me that their back room also had some boots, so I went on back. There were a few pair, but nothing like I was looking for. I did, however, find an incredibly cute pair of black Ann Klein cutaway pumps. They were missing a heel tip, so the SA said she would knock another 10% off their already-discounted price. I took them to the register, where thanks to the 70% off the sale price, plus the 10% off for the heel tip, I stole a pair of very expensive Ann Klein shoes for $11.00, including the tax! At the register, I asked the SA if many guys shopped there as I did. She said she was from Seattle, where the male to female to male-dressed-as-female ratio was about even. She also said that if my voice was a bit higher, she might never had known that I wasn't a woman, and that I was looking pretty hot. Wow, is it OK to tip shoe sales people? :)

I left DSW on my way to Ulta to do my usual "show and tell" with my friends there. When I walked in, the only person there was Minerva, or, "Old Grumpy Pants" as some call her. I'm not sure where she's from as her accent is kind of thick, and she's maybe said five words to me in the few years I've been going there. Usually when she sees me, she disappears to the opposite corner of the store. Ah well. It was a pretty dead day. The manager was there, and we had a nice chat for a bit. As we were talking, another lady came up and asked for help on some makeup for the holidays. We talked with her for a bit (I couldn't help adding my two cents in here and there). Finally, she asked for a bronzer or powder with sparkles. The manager didn't know of any and asked me. I reminded her of the Stila bronzer that I bought a few months back and the customer's jaw dropped. "Wow, you really know your makeup!" The manager said, "Heck, she knows it better than me. She should be running the place!" The customer looked puzzled. The manager said, "She. He. Whatever. I always think of him as a woman because he's in here so much and he's so girly and, . . . well, look at her! Is that totally not fair, or what?! She's half my size." I gave them my best "Aw shucks!" smile and said that a little padding and makeup could go a long way. She said, "Oh, believe me - padding is not a problem with me!"

I then went next door to TJ Maxx, a local discount clothing store. I always love flipping through the clothes with women all around me. I get so many fun reactions - especially when I pass around one of them to go to the size 0-2 section. :battingeyelashes: I found a cute turtleneck, a pair of dove gray pants, a pretty pink argyle sweater, and a few pairs of shoes that I brought back to the tryon rooms. The lady there said she hadn't seen me in a while. I explained that I usually dress in the colder months as the more of me I can cover up, the better. She shook her head and said that any woman there would be happy to trade bodies with me, I just had to give the word. I took my items back to the dressing room. Normally, I go in here in drab and use the men's dressing room, but then click my way back to the three-way mirror in the ladies section. This time, I didn't even wait for her to guide me to the men's section. I was dressed as a woman, and I charged forwards and went over to the women's side. Sure, it's a little nerve-wracking since the doors only go up about five feet, and I passed about three women in various stages of undress, but I kept my head held high and walked right on by. The pants and sweater was kind of "eh" on me. Pity. I liked the colors. The turtleneck was really cute. It had a shirred neckline below the turtleneck, was a pretty eggshell white and was sooooo soft and pretty. I spent quite a bit of time at the three-way. Two women didn't say a word when I moved aside for them at the mirror. I did get an "Oh, that sweater looks way cute on you" from a third. She was right. It was a keeper.

Unfortunately, the shoes weren't. I grabbed the turtleneck, brushed out my hair, fixed my gloss and went to pay. The checkout line was long! As a test of my antiperspirant, I had a guy in front of me, and a guy behind me. I don't think the guy behind me saw my face as I could feel his eyes boring a hole through my clothing. Ewwwwww! Part of my wanted to turn around, smile, and say "Hey dude, do you know what time it is?" Luckily, brains won the battle this time over my warped sense of humor. :)

Next stop was Famous Footwear, which I'll continue in the next post.

Kathi

Sherry-Stephanie
11-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Now I guess I can pick myself up of the floor from laughing all though your post....

Thanks Kathi like your style....

Aubrey Green
11-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Kathi dear, sounds like a perfectly awesome time. Will your new company at least pay you for the vacation. If not, I would say, "See ya in 2010!" Then you will have an entire month of both family time, play time and maybe even a little time for "geek-dad" and just think of how many more excursions you could squeeze in while Christmas shopping. Oh what fun!!

Kathi Lake
11-27-2009, 09:35 PM
I walked into Famous and got a big hello from the girl that always seems to be there. Although I normally try on shoes there as a guy, this was maybe the second time she had seen me dressed up. She left the register and asked me what I was looking for. I said that I was looking for a pair of boots to go with the outfit I was wearing, and maybe a black skirt and some opaque tights. On the way to the boot section, I saw the cutest pair of flats. I stopped and sighed out an "Ohhhhhh! Preeeeeety!" I showed them to the manager and she said they were adorable and she hadn't even seen them. She asked another girl if she had just put them out. The girl looked at me and paused for a minute. She kind of looked me up and down, started and said that they were brand new. I asked her to check if they had them in a 9 1/2 or 10. A quick check of her little handheld computer told us they didn't. "Ah well" I told them, they knew I'd be back.

We looked over the boots, and tried on about 8-10 pair. I just love the sight of shoe boxes and tissue paper strewn about the site of a marathon shoe try-on session! :) Midway through, as I was walking around in a pair of Steve Madden stiletto boots, two women remarked how cute the shoes were and how well I got around in heels. I said that it wasn't that hard, and one said she had tried and tried, but could never pull it off. I said, "Heck, if I can walk this well in heels, she certainly could." She said, "I don't know, you're working those boots pretty darn good!"I told her the same thing Michelle told another SA when she remarked on how well I did in heels, "He wants to walk in heels, while we have to."

I finally narrowed it down to two choices - the pair of Steve Madden traditional pointy-toe stiletto boots or a pair of LifeStride almost square-toe boots. I put on one of each and asked the manager and a few customers. The manager said, "I'm really leaning towards the square-toe. The pointy toe has had its time, and the others just look cuter on you." The two other women were split. One said the pointy-toed boots just looked "rockin" on me and the other said the square-toed ones were more versatile. Sigh.

Undecided, I used my normal tactic. I waited. I thanked the manager for her time, and said I would be back when I finally made up my mind. She smiled and said it was always a pleasure to see me.

I went back to my car and thought I would go to one of my favorite local boutiques. Gay, the owner was there, along with her husband. Well, current husband, that is. She doesn't exactly go through men like Kleenex, but has been married a time or two. She is about my age and incredibly willowy and gorgeous. She radiates beauty, happiness, and the matter-of-fact femininity that I try to emulate. We went through some of the new stuff, but nothing was really tingling my fashionista-sense. We went over to the jewelry area so she could show me some of her new stuff. I found the perfect pair of earrings - if only I hadn't let my holes close years ago. Sigh. I told her that one of these days I was going to break down and get them pierced again as most of the cute earrings were pierced. She said to go ahead and do it as many men were these days. Who knows? One day, I just might!

I did find a cute necklace and a few bracelets, though. She always has such cute stuff! She wished me a pleasant day and off I went to my next stop.

I'm going to take a break for some leftover pumpkin pie. I love the Thanksgiving season! I am soooooo very thankful that I decided to come out of my shell, stop worrying what other people might think, live my life and have a ball being me. Aren't you thankful you get to be you?

Kathi

Kathi Lake
11-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Will your new company at least pay you for the vacation.Nope. It's "use or lose." I don't want to lose it, so I'm using it!

Kathi

VeronicaMoonlit
11-27-2009, 10:22 PM
On the way to the boot section, I saw the cutest pair of flats. I stopped and sighed out an "Ohhhhhh! Preeeeeety!" I showed them to the manager and she said they were adorable and she hadn't even seen them.

Cute! Adorable! Pretty! You speak femme quite well, young padawan.

I finally narrowed it down to two choices - the pair of Steve Madden traditional pointy-toe stiletto boots or a pair of LifeStride almost square-toe boots. I put on one of each and asked the manager and a few customers. The manager said, "I'm really leaning towards the square-toe. The pointy toe has had its time, and the others just look cuter on you." The two other women were split. One said the pointy-toed boots just looked "rockin" on me and the other said the square-toed ones were more versatile. Sigh.

Sigh, what are we going to do with you, Kathi. That is not the Fashionista way. The Fashionista way is to buy them both. Why? Because pointy is forever, especially for a dressy boot. Though they may wax and wane, when it comes to toe shapes, pointy toes are classic. But....you'll also want the square toe, for more casual looks. So, you buy them both.

I found the perfect pair of earrings - if only I hadn't let my holes close years ago. Sigh. I told her that one of these days I was going to break down and get them pierced again as most of the cute earrings were pierced.

Yeah, just pierce them again, nobody notices, but only after you talk it over with your wife. :-)

I'm going to take a break for some leftover pumpkin pie. I love the Thanksgiving season!

I have pie, but haven't actually ate any, didn't last night either. Just didn't get around to eating it.

Aren't you thankful you get to be you?

Kathi

I don't get to be me, yet. But I'm happy you do.

Veronica Rogers

PretzelGirl
11-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Yeah, just pierce them again, nobody notices, but only after you talk it over with your wife. :-)

I agree with this Kathi! Of course your wife and your work. I will be glad to accompany you on this endeavor of body modification. I highly recommend Deja Vu in the Newgate Mall. They use the needle and a lot of disinfectant. I had my ears done there and didn't feel a thing past the pressure. And I am sure the guy knew a lot about what he was doing since he had something like 4378 piercings. ;)

Kathi Lake
11-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Cute! Adorable! Pretty! You speak femme quite well, young padawan.Thank you my master. Uhhhh, mistress. Ummmm. Yeah.

The Fashionista way is to buy them both.Well, I thought about that, especially sine they have a buy-one get the second half-off sale. Honestly, I would have felt bad. I told my friends at Ulta that the next time I went shopping, I was going to take them. If I had actually bought them, that would have been like shopping, right?
I don't get to be me, yet. But I'm happy you do.Why do you not get to be you? What - or who - is standing in your way?

And I am sure the guy knew a lot about what he was doing since he had something like 4378 piercings. ;)Four thousand, three-hundred and . . . .

Wow, is anyone else's nether regions puckering right about now? Yow!!

:)

Kathi

Kathi Lake
11-28-2009, 02:13 AM
Knowing that I had to pick up my kids from school at 3:30, I started on my way home. I thought that on my way, I would go to a used clothing store that caters to the tween and teen set - Plato's Closet. They carry a lot of gently-used stuff from Forever 21, Aeropostale, American Eagle, Rue 21 and more. I walked in, thinking that since it was during school, it would be pretty empty. Apparently, I wasn't the only one taking a day off. There were probably around 10-12 of the sharpest, most observant people on the planet when it comes to "clocking" crossdressers - they're that wonderful sub-species of human known as the "teenage girl."

I took a big breath, hitched up my big-girl panties and started browsing. In the sirt and top aisle, there were three of them - a 16-17 year-old "ringleader" and her two loyal subjects - a future heartbreaker in braces and the obligatory dumpy friend. :) The glanced at me when I first came into the aisle, but went back to their browsing as if they never noticed that I was "different." We crossed paths about two to three other times. After a few minutes, I think one of them must have "got it." I noticed the ringleader come around the aisle and study me. I gave her my best smile. She smiled back and went back to her friends. I heard her whisper (Dear Lord! Why can't girls actually whisper?! You know, like quietly enough not to be heard? :)) "No! Way!! She is a guy!"

One of the girls came back around then to ask if I was finding everything. She is the one I met the first time I came into this store. She noticed I had my iPhone on and was looking at a picture. She asked what I was doing. I said, "I'm just trying to match an outfit." She said, "That's so cool! That's the first time I've ever heard a guy say that." She went on to help me find a couple of tops, and we have been friendly ever since. This is the first time she had seen me dressed, though. I spread my arms and asked her what she thought. She said that she was surprised, and that I really looked cute. She loved my top and asked me where I bought it. I told her and said I was looking around for something kind of cute. She took me over to the dresses where we found a really cute sweater dress from Express Limited. Here's why I like this store. The price? $10.00!

We brought it back to the tryon rooms where the three girls were pretty much monopolizing the stalls. Finally, one was open. Since my legs weren't yet fully hairless, I wore the dress over my skinny jeans. Wow, it was tight and curvy and really cute. I stepped outside to go to the three-way. I had to wait my turn as the Teen Patrol was in full shopping mode. When I went up to the mirror, they turned from cute bubbly teenage girls to quiet, introspective young ladies. The dress was way cute! I turned and said to the ringleader, "What do you think? Too much?" She stuttered out, "No! It's way cute! It, . . . your curves . . . you, . . . wow!" I thanked her and said, if it makes even me look this good, I guess it's a keeper." I went up to the counter where the jewelry is to see if I could find a nice long necklace to go with it. When the SA saw me, she said, "Hi! How did that work out for y . . . Crap, you look great! That dress fits you perfectly. What size is it?" "Ummm, it's an XS, but it's stretchy" I said.

After finding two cute necklaces, I went back to the room and changed into my top. I kept browsing for a bit, catching up with the Teen Patrol. For some reason, they were much nicer to me. We talked for a bit. At one point, the leader stripped off her top, leaving her in nothing but a cami and bra and started trying on tops. I found a few cute ones that she liked and said if I didn't like them, she could have them. She put on a cute wrap sweater, but didn't like it because she said it felt like she was wearing a bathrobe. The other two girls and I tried to convince her that it really was cute. I told her that the high collar made it look very sophisticated and not at all like a bathrobe. She nodded, looked in the mirror again and said she would get it.

I have always enjoyed shopping with other women, but you know what? This was different and just as fun. Women shopping can sometimes be a relaxing outing. It's about socialization more than anything, it seems. These girls were a bit more, . . . predatory, it seemed. They were on the hunt for a specific piece of clothing to make them look hot to boys, I guess. They didn't know what that piece would be, but they would know it when they found it.

I said goodbye to the girls and the SA and made my way to my last stop. Since my new pumps had a bad heel tip, I knew just the place to get it fixed - Ray's Shoe Repair.

You know, it's strange. This is where the whole "acceleration" thing for the post title came to be. I have been to this place so many times. Every time I have been dressed as a guy to either pick up or drop off my wife's shoes for repair. He almost knows me by name. I literally thought nothing of it as I clicked down the sidewalk in one of the most conservative cities in Utah (and that's sayin' something!) and went through the door dressed in skinny jeans, a cute top and four-inch pumps. He was busy at the sewing machine, but looked up as I came in. He gave me a cheery hello and asked me how he could help me today. I said that I had a heel tip that needed to be replaced, and wasn't in a hurry. He asked if I had a few minutes (gulp!). I said sure, and he took them from me and went right to work. He removed both tips, hammered new ones in, trimmed them to shape, and buffed them to a high shine. By this time, two other customers came in - a man and a woman. I paid for the repair and thanked him for doing them right then. He said, "Not a problem, ma'am!" I glanced at the man, who looked away and smiled at the woman who gave me a nice smile and I was off.

As I was leaving, I realized that I had time still. There was a bridal/formal wear shop in a converted old turn-of-the-century house nearby. I thought, what the heck. I parked and walked to the door. There was a sign saying that they were next door in the bridal shop. I walked over and was greeted by Angel. I asked her if the formal wear shop was open. She put her shoes on and said, "Let's go!"

We walked over and she asked me if I was looking for something for a special event. I said I was just looking. The first dress I saw was a gorgeous creation of satin and lace and netting. It was red underneath with black netting, and just looked elegant and "holidayish." I said I had to try that one on. She found one in an 8, but no smaller. She brought it back to the room as I looked over the many beautiful dresses. She said, "we also have a lot of closeouts upstairs." We went up. It was a bit difficult on old-fashioned heavily-carpeted stair treads while wearing very high heels, but I managed to get upstairs without breaking anything. I did see one dress that called out to me. it was a pale yellow with a floor-length skirt and a bodice that tied in the back like a corset. We took it downstairs, even though we weren't sure of the size (it said 42, or something like that) but looked like it might fit.

I first tried the red dress on. If it had fit, it would have been really cute. Pity. I then tried on the yellow dress. The skirt fit perfectly, and definitely needed my high heels or it would drag the ground. The top was another story. There was no way that I could get it on myself. I put it on and asked her if she would help me with the lacing. I came out and she led me to the side. She told me to hunch my shoulders back, exhale, put my arms out a little and hold it. She tugged and threaded, threaded and tugged the laces through. Wow, I have never worn anything like a corset before. My usually small waist was even smaller. My shape just looked, . . . female. Usually, I look like a guy. Big shoulders, no hips, small waist. This dress made me look good. Sure, breathing wasn't an option, but hey - all in the name of beauty, right?

She brought me a wrap in a complimentary yellow and brought the owner over. She put me up on the circular dias in front of the three-way mirror and tugged and adjusted and smoothed. My gosh, I felt like a princess. :) The owner asked me if this was the first formal I tried on. I said no. I told them of the first one I ever had. How a friend from high school who knew of me gave me her formal after her prom. I told them, almost crying at this point, that it was also this same pale yellow color. Angel said, "Oh, how sweet! What a beautiful memory." The owner said that the dress was pretty, but the bodice was a bit too small. If I liked, she would try to find it in a larger size at their other store. I asked the price. $178.00. Wow, I told them. It was certainly very pretty, but a little out of my price range. The owner said, "That's OK, at least you got to see yourself in a very pretty dress. What fun! I wish all men had the "you know what's" to do what you do." I said if that were the case, then she would be making a lot more money.

I went back to the room and after Angel loosened me, reluctantly took the dress off and got back into my clothes. It almost felt like changing back to boy mode - stripping off something that made me feel pretty and putting on something that made me feel ordinary. Fixing my hair and makeup in the mirror brought a little bit of girly glee back to me though. :)

I left the shop and started my way back home. Knowing time was going to be tight, I didn't even get to say goodbye to Kathi in the mirror at home. I stripped off my wig, removed my makeup and changed back into my boy clothes. Although my boy jeans and tennies are more comfortable, to me my girl jeans and heels are more comfortable, if you know what I mean. Sometimes I think that my femininity is accelerating. Each time, the genie does not want to go back into the bottle. Don't get me wrong. I'm a guy. I'm happy to be a guy. I'm good at being a guy. I'm also a girl. I'm happy to be a girl. I'm good at being a girl. I am two parts of a whole. I'm not two separate people. I am two connected people. There is no real male or female, there's just me. Hard to explain, I guess.

Hope you enjoyed another of my shopping tales. It wasn't as full of a day as most of my shopping days, but I try to pack as much into a few hours as I possibly can.

Kathi

Kathi Lake
11-28-2009, 02:29 AM
By the way, what are your thoughts on my long-winded posts? Too long? Do you see all those words and think, "Why bother?" and not even read it all? Should I be a bit more brief?

Kathi

Jane G
11-28-2009, 03:14 AM
Kathi, your threads are some of the most entertaining and enjoyable on the site. Loved the meeting with the teenage girls. You must have spent a few dollars. You clearly have an eye for a bargin and a very witty typing finger.

Edwina
11-28-2009, 07:34 AM
Kathi, your threads are some of the most entertaining and enjoyable on the site. Loved the meeting with the teenage girls. You must have spent a few dollars. You clearly have an eye for a bargin and a very witty typing finger.

Kathi
I agree with Jane I enjoy reading your posts and sometimes wonder, just sometimes, if I could pull off a fraction of what you do. :heehee:

:love:

Edwina

Rogina B
11-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Your shopping trip posts are a lot better than the BATHROOM and PANTIE COLOR threads!!!! Going back to the attractive married woman in DSW,with the obediant husband....That is what I refer to as"power of the pussycat". She liked you because getting near it wasn't your priority!!!:2c:

VS Fan
11-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Great stories... I didn't even think about the length until you mentioned it... you have a knack for writing for sure... could have been a novel! (interesting characters and narrative, eye for detail etc)

I think they are especially compelling since many of us would indeed like to be out and about doing these very things... so it's fun to hear about and to live vicariously through you ;)

VS Fan

Juanita O
11-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Kathi

I don't think your posts are to long, they are very good, i always enjoy reading them.

PhillyGuy2Girl
11-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Great stories! I am so looking forward to the day when I finally go out shopping dressed up femme.

Felicity

Sara Jessica
11-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Kathi, I love reading your posts and I read every single word. Don't change a thing. Besides, you are pretty much the only girl around here who writes consistently more than me!

As for your quest for the perfect boots, I thought I had an awesome suggestion for you. My black boots are SW's, the "Hyper" and they are modeled exactly as the Fever pump. Unfortunatlely, I did a thorough internet search including ebay, amazon, the SW site and Zappos and none are to be found. Oh well, I'm sure you'll find something perfect in your travels. The search is half the fun, isn't it?

Now if you decide to burn some of your December vacation time and hop down to SoCal, give me a ring :)!!!

About acceleration, I understand what you're saying. You wrote a while back about the joy of taking the guy off after a long week, I'm with you in often finding it difficult to take the girl off. Oh the peace I'd feel in my heart if I could bop about at will being who I am, even in the most casual of modes. But that peace would certainly create chaos elsewhere in my life so we do what we can to maintain sanity, albeit with a frequent "sigh".

BTW, no pictures this time???

KarenS
11-28-2009, 10:15 AM
I enjoyed your posts Kathi.

Some of us don't have the fortitude to go out shopping like you do. I feel a little like I lived part of the experience vicariously through your descriptions. I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. :hugs:

PretzelGirl
11-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Well, you know that I am not complaining. Your stories are a good presentation of what is possible and how accepting people really are (as I try and bang that deeply into my brain :bonk:).

But I have to echo Sara. No picture of the gown??? :doh:

Sally24
11-28-2009, 10:48 AM
I then tried on the yellow dress. Wow, I have never worn anything like a corset before. My usually small waist was even smaller. My shape just looked, . . . female. My gosh, I felt like a princess.
Isn't it Fab when you try something really feminine and different for you? I have a couple of fancy or formal outfits that with a tight laced corset just make me feel like a woman. As far as too expensive outfits, bring your camera! Even if I can't afford it, I can at least relive the look thru my photos.

By the way, what are your thoughts on my long-winded posts? Too long? Do you see all those words and think, "Why bother?" and not even read it all? Should I be a bit more brief?
You have a lively style that keeps the reading very easy. That and the fact that you know how to make paragraphs and use puctuation and capital letters and all that stuff.:devil:

msginaadoll
11-28-2009, 11:26 AM
I love reading your posts. You have a great way of distilling the event that happen to you in an entertaining manner. Also reading your posts have encouraged me to kick myself in the but and get out the door and go shopping.

Kathi Lake
11-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Loved the meeting with the teenage girls. You must have spent a few dollars.It was so weird! I thought that they would be the least accepting as their "strangeness threshold" is pretty low. All in all, they were great! I only spent $18.00 at that store. Score!

As for your quest for the perfect boots, I thought I had an awesome suggestion for you. My black boots are SW's, the "Hyper" and they are modeled exactly as the Fever pump.

About acceleration, I understand what you're saying. You wrote a while back about the joy of taking the guy off after a long week, I'm with you in often finding it difficult to take the girl off. Oh the peace I'd feel in my heart if I could bop about at will being who I am, even in the most casual of modes. But that peace would certainly create chaos elsewhere in my life so we do what we can to maintain sanity, albeit with a frequent "sigh".

BTW, no pictures this time???Nope, no pics this time. My wife had the camera and I had forgotten to charge my phone. Sigh. I'll have to keep an eye out for the SWs. They sound really cute and I've always loved the "Fever" pump!

Well, you know that I am not complaining. Your stories are a good presentation of what is possible and how accepting people really are (as I try and bang that deeply into my brain :bonk:).Bonk harder, girlfriend. I've got Utah all softened up for you. :)

I love reading your posts. You have a great way of distilling the event that happen to you in an entertaining manner. Also reading your posts have encouraged me to kick myself in the but and get out the door and go shopping.Well then, for you and all the others, here is my simple two step process for getting out there.

Step 1: Sorry to steal from Nike, but Just Do It!! Don't think, don't hesitate. Do it.

Step 2: Enjoy! You're having fun doing what you've always wanted. What's not to like?

Kathi

Kyttens pet
11-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Kathi, no worries about the length of your posts.... when written well, stories like this just run themselves out... and this one is very well written.
I absolutely LOVE shopping in 2nd hand stores... although I cannot say I often get a chance to shop en femme, in the middle of the largest city in Utah...
How is S.L.C. anyways? Wish I had gotten there while with my old Sqn back in Canada, maybe in the future.

Sheri

Kathi Lake
11-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Kathi, no worries about the length of your posts.... when written well, stories like this just run themselves out... and this one is very well written.
I absolutely LOVE shopping in 2nd hand stores... although I cannot say I often get a chance to shop en femme, in the middle of the largest city in Utah...
How is S.L.C. anyways? Wish I had gotten there while with my old Sqn back in Canada, maybe in the future.

SheriCanada, eh? (no pun intended) :)

Were you at Cold Lake?

Kathi

Jolene
11-29-2009, 02:18 PM

Kathi

It is fun to read about your shopping experences. Keep them coming. :)

SherriePall
11-29-2009, 03:56 PM
Kathi -- Your posts are NOT too long! When I reach the end of one, I feel somewhat like you did when you reached the end of your day as Kathi. And, yes, I know how that feels. There have been many times when I have taken off my "hair replacement system" that I have felt like crying. Oh, all right, I have cried several times.

Melissa_Z
11-29-2009, 05:05 PM

Kathi

Love 'em. I read your posts and get just >< that much more inspired about going out on my own! Please keep it up :)

paulaN
11-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Your stories are so well written. I do not find them long at all. I enjoy every word. I cry, I laugh, I walk right along with you. Please do not change a thing. However, the problem I do have is I always want to do a girls night out, or a day out, after reading them. And it's not always possible, but your post do get me off my butt and start planning a trip. Thank you

Kathi Lake
11-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Wow! OK then, I guess I'll just keep on keepin' on with my log-winded posts. I just don't want to feel that I'm monopolizing the forum as there are so many incredibly interesting, beautiful, friendly people here with their own stories. Sometimes I feel that why would anyone want to read about lil' ol' me (Wow, I sound like Ze! :)).

The difference, it seems, is that I'm brainless enough to actually go out there and do it. My mom always said I was bright, but didn't have the common sense God gave a goose. :)

So, stay tuned. My Ulta buddies and I are trying to get our schedules straight for our girly shopping trip in a few weeks. It definitely should be "a day that will live in lingerie" or something like that.

Kathi

Kathi Lake
11-30-2009, 02:52 PM
BTW, BTDT, isn't shopping just fab!

hugs, EvieBTDT? :confused:

Also, if by "fab" you mean; the most fun you can have with your clothes on, and then off, and then another set of clothes on, and then off, and then, . . . then yes, shopping is indeed fab!!

:)

Kathi

minalost
11-30-2009, 03:24 PM
I liked it so much I'm going to go back and re-read it!

ginat
11-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Kathi - I love to read your posts - it's like the joy of reading short stories. Keep 'em coming!

Ze
11-30-2009, 04:51 PM
(Wow, I sound like Ze! :)).

Heeeeeeeey...:tongueout

Frédérique
12-01-2009, 02:46 AM
OK then, I guess I'll just keep on keepin' on with my log-winded posts. I just don't want to feel that I'm monopolizing the forum as there are so many incredibly interesting, beautiful, friendly people here with their own stories. Sometimes I feel that why would anyone want to read about lil' ol' me

You know, I came here for the stories, and I stayed for the discussion afterwards…:battingeyelashes:
Remember what Nadia Comanechi once said: “Someone has to be the best – why not you?”

The difference, it seems, is that I'm brainless enough to actually go out there and do it. My mom always said I was bright, but didn't have the common sense God gave a goose.

Well, I used to raise geese, back in prehistoric times, and I can safely tell you they are not overly endowed with common sense – they do know when it’s feeding time, but that’s about it. BTW, never turn your back on a goose...:doh:
If you thought too much beforehand about going shopping like this, you probably wouldn’t get out the door in the first place, so, in this case, it actually helps to be “brainless!” Kathi, I admire your ongoing and obvious...alacrity…:daydreaming:

Kathi Lake
12-02-2009, 04:12 PM
BTW, never turn your back on a goose...:doh:Ah, so is that where the phrase "getting goosed" came from? Makes sense. :)

Kathi

SuzanneBender
12-02-2009, 04:58 PM

Kathi

Darling cut a word from any of your wonderful posts and I will hunt you down and cut up your Kohls discount card!

I love your posts. One day I would love to go shopping with you our tastes sound about the same as well as our attitude about dealing with the public. OBTW I told my Mrs. that I want my ears pierced for Christmas.

Maia C
12-02-2009, 11:28 PM
I love reading about your shopping trips!

Kathi Lake
12-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Darling, cut a word from any of your wonderful posts and I will hunt you down and cut up your Kohls discount card!Kohl's? Yeah. You can have that one. But my White House/Black Market card? From my cold, dead hands! :)

After your little flu incident, let me know how the ear-piercing request goes. As for shopping, heck yeah! I'm always up for a little shopping! (in fact, I'm planning on going with my Ulta girls Monday. Yay!)

Kathi