PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing versus Fetish Dressing

msginaadoll
11-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Maybe the title doesnt make sense but hey its my thread. I read a lot where various posters say they dont wear pants or dont like this or that that women wear nowdays. I know when I first started dressing I tended to only wear skirts usually short and everything was tight and shiny and glam. As I have got older my tastes have changed and have found myself more open to various styles, outfits, looks etc. My goal has become to look as feminine as I can given the situation or environment Im in. Sure there are certain outfits I prefer over others. Im wondering what the other forum members think. Is your dressing more based on a certain style or type of outfit you like or are you open to new styles trend looks, etc. Also do you feel that is influenced by the fact that you are a closet dresser, or one that does not get out, versus one that gets out in public. I have noticed for me that the more I got out the more i felt the need to vary my style clothing choices. Sory for my meanderings!

Lainie
11-28-2009, 01:34 PM
For a long time I only could screw up the courage to dress at home, and later in dressing rooms while shopping. So I did a lot of shopping, and wound up with more clothes than I could possibly wear. So I do try to vary the outfits, and get some use out of the things I enjoyed shopping for. Here's a link to some of the outfits...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12310574@N05/

Danielle Gee
11-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Even though my Maid Uniform is somewhat "Fetishistic" as a rule I try to dress as a woman my age.

MiraM
11-28-2009, 01:54 PM
I vary the styles that I wear. I have outfits suitable for a woman to wear to a meeting in an office, a couple for a formal evening of dinner and dancing, and ones for just plain old everyday wear (sundresses, sleeveless tops and jeans, and the like). I also have some that could be considered "Fetishistic" like a schoolgirl mini skirt, and I also find myself dressing towards the "punk" and "biker" end of the spectrum (I am a punk rock loving Harley rider after all). What I wear depends on my mood and the situation. I am not locked into just one type of clothing.

suchacutie
11-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Tina has existed for 4 years. At first it was shoes...they are relatively easy to buy and she loves heels. My wife bought her that first skirt and it was definitely NOT for going out in public...way too short! Then Tina bought a black, ankle-length dress she really loves! Then a lovely blue-green dress with a fill skirt, but a bit too tight on top (need to fix those buttons). All this was done with my wife's input.

The problem then was that Tina thought she could buy some things on her own, and what a disaster! Everything accentuated her alread broad shoulders and just didn't seem to be her "style". Then a leggings and a tunic-length sweater...heaven!!!

So what I'm saying is that finding a style is something we don't talk about much, but it's really a big deal. Girls spend the beginning of their lives working this out and they do it every day! We don't have that luxury and yet we have the desire to buy clothes like there is no tomorrow!

The bottom line is that Tina is a stylish girl, but is very willing to show off in jeans :). She loves the feel of dresses but still needs to learn what makes her look good. That's my wife's advice: "You need to feel terrific and feel that you look terrific in anything you wear!" I'm still working on it and hope to some day have enough variation that I can fit into whatever situation develops!

Ineta
11-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Gina, everybody has a fetish of a kind, and dressing classically is also a fetish, in my understanding. I personally have always felt very good in old-fashioned things of the kind my mother or sister wore in my childhood. This means, not fashionable at all, but still found in second-hands and elsewhere.

Tina, it looks like your wife initiated you in crossdressing?

tanya1976
11-28-2009, 02:27 PM
I tend towards a mixture of both...I like skirts and dresses but I find fetish wear i.e latex and pvc feels very sexy to wear and is just so much fun.

Barbara Dugan
11-28-2009, 02:46 PM
I really like to go to the extremes is fun..I love to go fro ultraconservative to a very fem fatale look

Audrey34
11-28-2009, 03:02 PM
I like dressing in skirts, blouses, heels and dresses. I'm most comfortable if the dress or skirt is knee-length. I always wanted to glam it up by wearing a sleeveless or strapless dress but my big ol' shoulders would be a problem (SIGH).
-Audrey

BettyCooper
11-28-2009, 03:16 PM
I have to admit that am into a totally femme look, so that even if I wear pants, it is more the pants and heels look rather than pants and running shoes, if you know what I mean. Or if it is pants and sneakers, I always have sometng fetching going on up top.
I am always seeking a look that is pleasant and fetching.
So tell me, is that fetishistic?

Crissy Kay
11-28-2009, 03:22 PM
I guess that sort of makes me different. As I still have no interest in wearing "street' clothes. I am very happy in the "closet" wearing my french maid outfits!!! I may graduate to a square dance outfit someday!!!

AllieSF
11-28-2009, 03:23 PM
I really like what Suchacuttie wrote about, first and foremeost, finding our style. As part of that process, that was skirts and tops for me. That was also for a few other reasons. I didn't know my dress size (bust, shoulders upper body, and waist and how to tie that all together into a size 10 or 12, or whatever size). Skirts are easy to pick out once you know your own waist size (30" for me) using a tape measure while shopping. Tops are easy to size too, since in general it is small, medium, large and so forth. You just need one or two trial and errors to establish your correct top size and you will have very good luck after that. Lastly, and more importantly, varying tops and bottoms (skirts for me) also gives me multiple looks with which to experiment and enjoy when I like the look. I have stuck with skirts and only have 4 dresses that I have yet to go out in (my purpose in dressing - going out). My next style move will be to try slacks and jeans and maybe even the dresses. However, I first need to expand my storage for more clothes. Oh what fun!

Carroll
11-28-2009, 03:24 PM
# S: (n) fetish (a form of sexual desire in which gratification depends to an abnormal degree on some object or item of clothing or part of the body) "common male fetishes are breasts, legs, hair, shoes, and underwear"
# S: (n) juju, voodoo, hoodoo, fetish, fetich (a charm superstitiously believed to embody magical powers)
# S: (n) fetish, fetich (excessive or irrational devotion to some activity) "made a fetish of cleanliness"

My dressing does not fall in any of the definitions above. I dress because I like to, not for a sexual desire

Spacey
11-28-2009, 04:18 PM
For me it's a maturing process. I first started with some ultra sexy outrageous creations, a real mish mash of fabric. Thankfully my sister had some fashion sense. I learned what is sexy yet sophisticated. Don't get me wrong. I still like to be cheeky and ultra sexy sometimes. I also don't own any cloths really. Lately I find my taste in cloths vary to all degrees and I'm still learning. Learning about accessories, makeup and generally trying to look all together. Not easy! I'm fine just in jeans and a t-shirt.

Frédérique
11-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Is your dressing more based on a certain style or type of outfit you like or are you open to new styles trend looks, etc. Also do you feel that is influenced by the fact that you are a closet dresser, or one that does not get out, versus one that gets out in public. I have noticed for me that the more I got out the more i felt the need to vary my style clothing choices.

That may be true for your situation, but I don’t follow trends per se, preferring to go with classic styles that may still be worn a hundred years from now. It’s not in my nature to be insecure about what to wear, in fact I never follow the crowd at all – I notice such iconoclastic people in public as well, so I try to emulate them as best I can. Others may point the finger at your chosen eccentricity, but when you’re out of sight (or gone altogether), you’ll be thought of as…dare I say…interesting. I want to be one of those, please. Oh, I have several different “looks” that jibe with some of my friends on this site, which only confirms the worthiness of such outfits. I’m a closet dresser, but I go out and “blend” at my own discretion, using my unspectacular garments as camouflage – I don’t do this to be noticed, after all. I suppose my closeted-ness influences my choice of clothing, but it actually comes from a desire for comfort and practicality than anything else – I want to feel good, period…:battingeyelashes:

Eve_WA
11-28-2009, 05:12 PM
When I first started, I was definitely a fetishistic dresser. My first pair of heels were thigh high corset boots with 5" heels. Some of my first clothes were corsets and stockings. Now..... Not so much! Do these items make it out of my closet from time to time? Absolutely! My boots just got three outings last month. (of course it was for Halloween) But like, I cant remember the last time I wore stockings and garters. I think it all comes down to a maturing sense of style, and what settings you attend. When I was all about boots and stockings, I was about as closeted as they come! Now that I regularly go out in public, I tend to dress in a more.... conservatively.

:2c: Eve

flic
11-28-2009, 05:19 PM
I feel as though i generally try and mix up my style a bit, but it stems from an interest in fashion and in creating new looks,,,but i've always been like that,,,it doesn't stem from anything fetishy for me,,it's just how I am!!! I'm just as happy in skinnies and a top as i am in something more glam,,,the most important thing for me is to feel comfortable in what i wear.
x flic x

sally angora
11-28-2009, 05:22 PM
I love dressing as fem as possible but I also love to have on that one item of clothing that I adore, an angora sweater

Sally

Sarah Doepner
11-28-2009, 05:27 PM
My fetish is to some day be mistaken for a middle-age woman doing her shopping or meeting an old girlfriend for lunch. Oh my god that gets me excited.

Actually it would make me pretty happy to be mistaken for a middle age guy when I'm en drab. I don't know if it's the looking younger, looking female or a little of both that I like.

Nigella23
11-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Fetish Dressing is that a new flavour in the Paul Newman range? :heehee:

wetlook crossdresser
11-28-2009, 06:07 PM
There are so many influences on how we dress but my prime motivation was originally a sensual fetish wet clothing thing. Now I dress primarily for a sense of comfort and confidence which doesn't seem to work for me in men's clothing. I crossdress full time but since I have a full beard, the outfits I wear out in the street are bifurcated and have a unisex look to them. Occasionally I will wear a skirt or dress out on the street depending on the situation. I always wear a skirt or dress when I go swimming at a local indoor public pool because it is a safe place with tolerant people there. I have winter type skin so I tend to get outfits with strong colours. As to fashion, I will consider any style on its comfort, colour, and how practical it is on a 58 year old bearded individual. I have very sensitive skin so I don't tend to put makeup or other chemicals on it and therefore show all my hairy manliness for what one can see beyond all that wonderfully comfortable feminine clothing. The best of both worlds to me but perhaps strange and confusing to many others but I'm loving it.
Cheers1:)
Chris

Chrissie1_1
11-28-2009, 06:38 PM
I guess it can be an age thing. When I first started it was whatever I could get hold of, so normal street clothes really, but later I was able to buy fetish attire in rubber and PVC, which I preferred but lately am drawn back to more 'normal' clothes, albeit in cire or satin

msginaadoll
11-28-2009, 06:41 PM
I love the variety of responses the topic has gotten. In some ways some of what is said is my fault. By fetish i didnt not mean for sexual arousal though that can be part of it. I meant more when u dress do you wear leggings or french maid outfits or leather or pvc or do you like to vary your look. Also did not mean to degrade or use closet negatively just meant for those who are hiding there dressing more, or as I said do not get out as much. I do believe if I stayed only at home I would have a smaller wardrobe, because there would be certain items such as boots and a leather mini that I would wear more frequently. Well at least for me this doesnt work if I go to a mall or movie, art gallery etc. I guess It goes back to choices.

2B Natasha
11-28-2009, 07:01 PM
HI Gina

I agree with you. When I was at home and only dressed for my own eyes and my closet was smaller it tended to have a whole lot more, read only, PVC, 6"heels and the like. Once I pushed myself out the door my wardrobe has changed considerable. Now it is much more " Mainstream " clothing. I still only own one pair of jeans, and they are in the back of the closet. For me. what is the point of wearing jeans when trying to be en femme. I wear jeans every day in drab so big deal. Now that is not to say that I have not worn them out. I have. But that was a rare occasion to be sure. I don't have anything against them. If I was to go out everyday as a women I would certainly wear them more often, but as I don't. What is the point for me to wear them? There isn't any.

For me. I think I grow up really quickly in my dressing. AS in time spent in each article of clothing, as this has taken years to come to fruition because of life situ. Progressing from satin maid uni's, to PVC lingerie and 6'heels, to super short mini's and clingy tops to wear I am now. I like to think of my style as, a lot of us do, as stylish urban city women. It was like a trial I had to go through, a rite almost to get to wear I am at now. Now I don't feel the need to dress that way. I almost never think of it when I am thinking of what to wear. Same when I am on a web site. I just don't think to myself. WOW. That is something I have to have! I still like the clothes, but I'll let someone else wear them, not me. But don't get me wrong. The last time I went out to the club I wore a pair of black liquid leggings and a black cowl neck tunic accented with silver jewelry. But there is a place for that and it is not out and about.

Alice B
11-28-2009, 07:05 PM
I wear what I think will look good one me and am not a slave to fashion trends. Sometimes a bit ****ty, but only at home. Mostly skirts and dresses because I like the look and feel and feel my legs are my best asset. I am becoming a bit more consertative and dressing toward my age, less 10 years. Now that my wife is giving me permission to go out once in a while I will have to look for more outfits,

sissystephanie
11-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Over the 70 years I have been crossdressing, I have probably worn just every conceivable outfit one could imagine, with the exception of wearing heels higher than 2 1/2 inches and not stilettos. Some with my late wifes urging and some just because I wanted to. I dress to please my self, and of course my wife when she was alive. I am not really concerned about what others think of what I am wearing, but I do tend to dress to "blend" in. I do have some leather shorts and skirts, but nothing outlandish! Well, the shorts maybe since they are very short and form fitting, but I do have pretty good legs!! I even get compliments whe I wear those shorts, from both men and women!

But I have always thought of myself as just a Crossdresser, who dresses simply because I like to! No sexual reason, or fetish, etc! Just because it is fun and I love it!!:):)

Kate Simmons
11-28-2009, 07:18 PM
I prefer to look both classy and functional Hon regardless of what I'm doing.:)

Christina2008
11-28-2009, 07:29 PM
For me dressing in private meant looking and feeling sexy which would lean toward the fetish side as regards items of clothing, like you say tight fitting etc. However after doing this for so long and also due to being a member here, I have started to look for more conservative/"passable" outfits.
So its either me getting older and wiser or an evolution, I believe the latter but it's always been fun :)

Karren H
11-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah... I don't wear pants.. It's my hobby and I'll dress likle I want.. My style is totally based on what I think looks good on me.. I have bought a few "omg... why did I buy that" but since I try on most everything in the store those outfits are few and far between.. I love new trends and as soon as I see something new in a stores flyer I will be in the store trying it on that week..

lavistaa62
11-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Overall I strive to dress as I would were I a female- that is slightly bohemian and at the same time flattering to a person of my age and build. That said, it's a fetish of sort to dress outside what most of society regards as appropriate whether you are male or female. I strive to accept however people wish to present themselves- my only challenge is to understand where they are coming from.

theresa
11-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Like most of us at first I dressed in short skirts and similar sexy clothing whenever I dressed. It was so much fun and I was catching up with my teenage girl alterego. Now I find myself making more of an effort to dress as a woman of my age (50s). Jeans, casual tops and that sort of thing. I have to admit I still find the skirts a whole lot more fun so I'm probably still trying to figure it all out. But I'm having a good time on my trip.

AmandaM
11-29-2009, 01:46 AM
My fetish dressing revolves around the desire to look like the women who look good in fetish wear.

Wendy Green
11-29-2009, 02:02 AM
I have always loved a dress with a back zipper. I'm not sure why except because you don't find regular men's clothing like that. It may be a fetish in the fact that that it's more difficult to get in and out of.

Jenniferpl
11-29-2009, 04:57 AM
My style ranges from wild latex to simple and boring. Depends on my mood and since I do this all at home, the only person that really matters is me.

Cary
11-29-2009, 05:50 AM
I don't own any fetish clothing. Eventhough I'm in the house(I don't like the term "in the closet", eventhough I use it), I usually wear street clothes. For the past 6 months I've been in a jeans and tops phase. I wonder if my underdressing could be considered Fetish? If I'm not wearring panties, I'm wearing a one piece with hose.

switcheralso
11-29-2009, 09:08 AM
I like to dress classy on the outside and very naughty under my conservative look. There is nothing wrong with a nice fetish outfit. Just be yourself.

Tora
11-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Passable for 59, with dress or skirt. Jeans and a top just to get to Merle Normans, and add the slip and dress. As a guy pants are standard equipment, so I guess that is why I shun them in femme. I do understand, that Saturday shopping would not blend in a skirt.

Angie G
11-29-2009, 09:50 AM
I range from short and sometimes ****ty to long and elegant. I don't go out and only my wife sees me so dress to my liking. I just dress for me as to my mood at the time.:hugs:
Angie

docrobbysherry
11-29-2009, 12:26 PM
That u intended a thread about "blending", and/or dress "styles"! NOT fetishes!:brolleyes:

I love the variety of responses the topic has gotten. In some ways some of what is said is my fault. By fetish i didnt not mean for sexual arousal though that can be part of it. I meant more when u dress do you wear leggings or french maid outfits or leather or pvc or do you like to vary your look. Also did not mean to degrade or use closet negatively just meant for those who are hiding there dressing more, or as I said do not get out as much. I do believe if I stayed only at home I would have a smaller wardrobe, because there would be certain items such as boots and a leather mini that I would wear more frequently. Well at least for me this doesn't work if I go to a mall or movie, art gallery etc. I guess It goes back to choices.

However, why would would u have LESS items to dress in, if u NEVER went out dressed? In private, u can try out the most REDICULOUS, and/or SEXY outfits and combos! :eek:
( NOT that I would know. As I'm quite a conservative dresser!):devil:

Whereas, I would think for blending, only a few dressing items r actually necessary!:)

My fetish dressing revolves around the desire to look like the women who look good in fetish wear.

YES, Amanda! And, I think women have been looking good since Medievel times! So, why not dress like ALL of them?!:D

Toni_Lynn
11-29-2009, 12:37 PM
I think that the only fetish dressing thing that I am into would be school girl and that is solely confined to playtime with my wife. we have a fantasy about pretending to be the girls from t.A.t.U.

Unfortunately most of the places that sell fetish costumes (such as those on Lundy's Lane in Niagara Falls Ontario) sell overpriced shoddy stuff. We prefer the real thing.

Oh -- and yes -- I do have an underwear fetish -- and teh mixing of the genders via the swapping of underwear -- for which I said lots about here.

t.A.t.U picture below -- feel free to look up the video on you tube.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Veronica Lacey
11-29-2009, 01:39 PM
My general mode is to wear skirts, blouses, garters and stockings, slips and camis and these items are usually of satin or silk. I do derive some sexual arousal from the entire process but also simply enjoy wearing such things for hours at a time without a thought re: sex...although think it could simply be an undercurrent during those times.

Wearing jeans and t-shirts is the norm in guy mode so wearing skirts and blouses of materials more associated with women is what I like when dressing. While my body type would be okay my face is very male so I do not plan to go out. I think this limits what I really want to obtain in the wardrobe department. Why purchase an overcoat and nice winter boots if I do not plan to brave the elements? Would be nice to have, sure, but putting the funds towards another dress or skirt or pumps suits me better.

Given the above I do not see myself evolving much in this department but never say never, yes? :) Nice thread.

KateNL
11-29-2009, 01:57 PM
My general mode is to wear skirts, blouses, garters and stockings, slips and camis and these items are usually of satin or silk. I do derive some sexual arousal from the entire process but also simply enjoy wearing such things for hours at a time without a thought re: sex...although think it could simply be an undercurrent during those times.

me too, I like nylon and satin... my favorite shop is secrets in lace
if that is a fetish... so be it, I love the retro pinup look

msginaadoll
11-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Now even though I do tend to dress more conservatively (my alter ego the Church Lady)..... I would kill to get into Doc Sherry's closet. I would be like a kid in the candy store, dunkin donuts and best buy all rolled into one. I am just saying from my own experience that I had less clothes before I went outside my house. One of the reasons is cause now I cant be seen in the same outfit--- thats just wrong. Before It was only for my eyes so didnt matter to me as such. Of course everyone is different. And by fetish, i guess I was using it in broad terms to me a fetish can be a strong interst in a cetain item or style. Like my boot fetish, or my wig fetish or.....

missynicole
11-29-2009, 06:07 PM
i would guess i am borderline as i try and dress as a sexy woman my age....