PDA

View Full Version : My Wife Called me a Sissy - Should I be mad?

Danielle Gee
11-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi Girls, I have a serious question (not really)!!!

As part of our Sunday morning routine , we sit and drink coffee and go thru the advertisements in out local paper......You probably know the routine "Walgreens is having a sale today.....do we need any"? (fill in the blank)

Well this moring, she looked me right in the eye and said "CVS is selling Gillette super-macho body wash 2 for 1 today......Want some"?

To which I responded "Hell yes woman.....I wanna smell just like Arnold....All of us macho sh*t-heads do"

Laughing she replied " You big sissy, If that's true why do you smell like a flower most of the time"?

My (not so serious) question is: Should I be offended?:eek:

kellycan27
11-29-2009, 04:12 PM
If the show fits LOL

Veronica Lacey
11-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Hi Danielle...

It would seem that if she generally accepts your dressing and you made a sarcastic comment to start - and you are not sure if you are offended or not - might prove best to just shrug it off with a laugh as a generic marital "blowing off steam" comment and nothing more. :2c:

Paula_56
11-29-2009, 04:49 PM
my wife and I were watching the rodeo on tv the other day during the bull riding I said wow they are real men there. My wife responded with yeah no sissy boys wearing their wifes clothes there,

I proudly responded thats right

Christina Horton
11-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Well if she knows you dress and is ok with it , I would say it is a playful comment. So I would take it as a complement. Ask her to give you the nick name of sissy girl. I think you would like it hun. I would.....From my wife If I had one.

RobertaM
11-29-2009, 04:55 PM
my wife and I were watching the rodeo on tv the other day during the bull riding I said wow they are real men there. My wife responded with yeah no sissy boys wearing their wifes clothes there,

I proudly responded thats right

Actually i know a champion rodeo rider , from another site who is a tgirl.. so becareful of of your facts,, lol

I know about 10 girls are ex marine, commando and a CSM for a engineering battalion,, and ex 101 airborne and speical forces dudette..

We are everywhere,, Tgirls rule!!!

JulieK1980
11-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Ironically It seems a lot of us are attracted to "masculine" types of jobs and hobbies, just look how many of us are veterans on this site alone....

But yes, I would take it as a compliment as well! :)

Christina Horton
11-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Actually i know a champion rodeo rider , from another site who is a tgirl.. so becareful of of your facts,, lol

I know about 10 girls are ex marine, commando and a CSM for a engineering battalion,, and ex 101 airborne and speical forces dudette..

We are everywhere,, Tgirls rule!!!

Trucker here.

az_azeel
11-29-2009, 05:12 PM
I thnk i would just laugh it off and put it down to an in joke with a loving partner... ;)

windycissy
11-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Take it as a compliment!

NV Susan
11-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Oh come on Danielle...:itsok:....don't be a sissy...:doh:......take it like a BIG GIRL!!! :bighug2:

ReineD
11-29-2009, 05:35 PM
I'd let it go too, but if she makes a similar remark in the future, I would ask if she is affected negatively when you use female scented products. Memories, emotional connections, and the resulting associations attached to the sense of smell are powerful. It might be worth discussing.

Kate Simmons
11-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Do you deny it?:)

linnea
11-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Let it go; take it as a compliment; smile. It doesn't sound like a big deal to me.

Crissy Kay
11-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Well, I would say that it kind of goes with the cding. I think it applies more to us who wear the more fem type gear, like french maid outfits etc.!!! I hav"nt been called that yet by my SO. But you girls are free to call me a sissy if you like!!!

Jenny Gurl
11-29-2009, 06:46 PM

As part of our Sunday morning routine , we sit and drink coffee and go thru the advertisements in out local paper......You probably know the routine "Walgreens is having a sale today.....do we need any"? (fill in the blank)

Well this moring, she looked me right in the eye and said "CVS is selling Gillette super-macho body wash 2 for 1 today......Want some"?

To which I responded "Hell yes woman.....I wanna smell just like Arnold....All of us macho sh*t-heads do"

Laughing she replied " You big sissy, If that's true why do you smell like a flower most of the time"?

How many GG go to all the trouble to shave, put on makeup, fix their hair, and dress nice, only to have their SO not notice. You should appreciated the fact that she accepts you and your dressing, has a sense of humor about it, and actually notices you take the time to smell pretty.

Frédérique
11-29-2009, 08:48 PM
...I wanna smell just like Arnold....
My (not so serious) question is: Should I be offended?

Arnold Schwarzenegger? Arnold Palmer? Arnold the Pig?

No, you shouldn’t be offended by such true statements – does your wife really want you to smell like a “macho” man? I’m wondering what Gillette puts in this stuff, or, more specifically, what was that meeting like when they decided on the correct blend of “fragrances?” Were there actual macho men (consultants) present? Let’s see – men should smell like garbage, sweat, motor oil, gasoline, musk oil, leather, more sweat, sawdust, burning rubber, smoke, smoked meat, greasy food, salty air, newly mown grass, chain saws, cheap soap, coffee, gunpowder, bacon, and even more sweat. I’ll avoid mentioning the more obvious olfactory “notes,” out of decency…:rolleyes:

Based on the above, I think smelling “like a flower” is a great compliment! Thanks, hon…:)

sherri52
11-29-2009, 08:50 PM
I think she was joking with you.

PetiteDuality
11-29-2009, 08:50 PM
If you felt offended by her comment, then you are such a sissy :D

Kate17
11-29-2009, 08:54 PM
" Laughing she replied " You big sissy, If that's true why do you smell like a flower most of the time"?"

You're kidding right? She was laughing !! She just paid you a big compliment .

Bobbie Bee
11-29-2009, 08:55 PM
No, not when she called you a sissy in that context.

Vicki-Z
11-29-2009, 09:26 PM
I agree it sounds like a playful comment. I would take it as a definite compliment.

Vicki :cheer:

Astrid Star
11-29-2009, 09:54 PM
my wife and I were watching the rodeo on tv the other day during the bull riding I said wow they are real men there. My wife responded with yeah no sissy boys wearing their wifes clothes there...

I might be wrong but I can imagine that underneath the macho image that those men are trying to maintain that at least 1 out of 100 of them are wearing lingerie underneath their jeans. :wedgie:

Astrid

Karren H
11-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Sissy!!!

Megan Legz
11-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Never let anyone make you feel bad about who you are, not even your wife. Be proud.

marny
11-29-2009, 10:46 PM
I'd laugh and say 'Let's go shopping! At VS, not Walgreens!' :D

Kinky with Ink
11-29-2009, 11:48 PM
I can't stand Gillette products. They all stink. I like smelling like flowers. I would respond to your wife......"So? It takes a real man to smell like flowers!" Lol I think she's just pulling your chain.

VS Fan
11-30-2009, 06:53 AM
I'd let it go too, but if she makes a similar remark in the future, I would ask if she is affected negatively when you use female scented products. Memories, emotional connections, and the resulting associations attached to the sense of smell are powerful. It might be worth discussing.

I agree with Reine... my wife makes joking comments all the time and I enjoy them since to me it's a sign of acceptance... but they are usually not specific in nature. This may be one of those boundary things where she doesn't mind you smelling like a flower necessarily, but once in a while it might be nice to throw on some Brut or Old Spice ;) Sort of a subtle hint... communication is king... use this as an opportunity! :hugs:

VS Fan

tricia_uktv
11-30-2009, 07:00 AM
But you are, aren'you?

noeleena
11-30-2009, 07:05 AM
Hi...
Oh dear a male who does not know his s o ..........
Still a few thing s yet to learn . you know about the sword sharp on both edge s . get the right one its cool. get it wrong your toast ..
i d let it go ..........you choose

...noeleena...

Alanea
11-30-2009, 10:21 AM
My wife has called me a sissy a few times, the first time we had a big laugh about it, and then she asked me if it was ok to tease me in that way, to which I told her it was cool and when she does say stuff like this I feel that my crossdressing is ok with her, even though she is very accepting of me.
Alanea:2c:

Anne Sophie
11-30-2009, 10:28 AM
If you can joke about being manly, be ready to have the tables turned on you. I would not be offended. maybe respond with a "well, don't you like the way I smell?" or a man can still smell nice.

"Mary"
11-30-2009, 10:35 AM
I found such playful jabs were the first rows of acceptance from my wife. Not sure how it is in your home.

Good luck flower girl. :heehee:

TonyaV
11-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Girls - I think we've all missed the point of their conversation. There may be a serious component. She was the one who asked if he wanted a manly product. Could she be sending him a message?

Prissy Linda
11-30-2009, 11:14 AM
My wife has referred to me as a sissy many times over the years we have been together, it doesn't bother me at all, it's not like it's something bad.

AlisonRenee
11-30-2009, 11:30 AM

Nah, she's having fun - lucky for you. However, women do seem to like man smells. My GF even says pleasant things about it when I've been physically working - I ask her if she's got a thing for B.O. Go figure.

Maybe your woman's hinting for a little compromise - not such a bad thing.

Dana
11-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Goes part and parcel doesen't it?

To me it shows acceptance, be grateful for that.

Retired United States Marine by the way, twenty years and some change. :eek:

Tina Marie
11-30-2009, 12:53 PM
I am going with, "You started it, nener, nener". :D But hey, at least you can talk about it.

sissigerri
11-30-2009, 12:55 PM
My wife caught me on club sissy and called me a sissy and said she thought I wanted to be a gurl. I think she finally got it right. If only she knew how much I want to be one!

nikkijo
11-30-2009, 04:43 PM
its all in the tone she used.... if she was trying to offend you then you can be offended if she said it jokingly say yes i am, enjoy a laugh and reap the benifits of a good relationship